[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

League Winners Appreciation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13

File: Winners_of_Leagues.png (173KB, 198x617px) Image search: [Google]
Winners_of_Leagues.png
173KB, 198x617px
Let's all appreciate the winners that won their respective leagues and helped make Ash continue his losing streak.
>>
Unnamed is definitely my favorite.
>>
>>32979883
>characters you never see or hear from again
>>
>>32979979
fpbp
>>
>>32980003
Least you'll remember Alan.
>>
>>32979883
>even your clone is a fuck up
>>
>>32979883
Tobias best boy
>>
>>32979883

>using plot armoured pokes
>winner

ehe
>>
>>32979883
>dickson
Ahahah I'm glad the only one I've seen was "unnamed", after that I totally lost interest in the ashnime and never got to see the end of the Johto season. Nothing of value was lost.
From time to time I rewatch the first season, where the dream is still alive and the episodes were interesting.
From that fucking Kanto league everything changed and it became a show about a total loser that will never accomplish anything, just like anon. It is simply too painful to watch.
>>
I always wonder if Ash could have beat Takuto/Tobias/whatever. Ash literally started off the battle with the ultimate counter to Darkrai, his Heracross.
>Type: Bug/Fighting (both super-effective against Dark, and Fighting resists Dark)
>Moves: Megahorn, Focus Punch, Sleep Talk, and Hyper Beam (Megahorn and Focus Punch are already pretty strong, and both receive STAB, while Sleep Talk completely counters being put to sleep by Dark Void, while Hyper Beam has always been a strong move in the anime)
>Ability: Swarm or Guts (Swarm would make Megahorn even more powerful than it already is, while Guts would strengthen Megahorn and Focus Punch after Heracross is put to sleep by Dark Void)

He really deserved to win that specific match-up, and it was bad writing to make him lose that. Sceptile ended up doing pretty much all of the work since Darkrai healed using Dream Eater, so maybe Ash could have started with Sceptile and switched to Pikachu when Latios was sent out. Infernape would have been a much better choice than Torkoal though, and Gible, while having Draco Meteor, was completely unevolved. Snorlax could have been a counter to Darkrai, since it acts as a good special wall.
>>
>>32980089

he beat battle frontier and was 2th during kalos league

>water type couldn't beat weaken fire type because p-p-p-p-plot armor
>>
>>32980099
Stop trying to bring game logic to the anime, it's a waste of your time.
The anime in general is a waste of your time, but this particular aspect even more so.
>>
>>32980099

anime writers being shit once again...

wow, what an surprise
>>
>>32980108
Either that or it was a level 50 Greninja vs. a L.100 Mega-Charizard with full stat exp.

Yes, I said stat exp.
>>
>>32980099
Guess his Heracross is weak.
>>
File: O351.jpg (10KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
O351.jpg
10KB, 200x150px
Here's a pic of my fav
>>
File: 1475598027944.jpg (44KB, 473x391px) Image search: [Google]
1475598027944.jpg
44KB, 473x391px
>>32979883
>>32979979
>back in the day anon used to win at leagues
>>
>>32979883
>Tierno
>Top 8
I forgot about this. This angers me immensely.
>>
>>32980114
the writers even started putting game logic in the show

its absolute shit having to stop a battle for someone to explain an ability or what an attack's secondary effect is every 10 seconds
>>
>>32980332
>>32980116
The writers and animators don't give a shit Pokémon, I bet they dont play it
>>
>>32979883
>yfw the League Winners of Indigo is Leaf
>>
File: 1480292840751.jpg (122KB, 449x442px) Image search: [Google]
1480292840751.jpg
122KB, 449x442px
>>32979883
You know, looking back at this shit, I'm surprised by how the League have been so fucking full of bullshit. Most of those were just actual asspulls.

Charizard not listening, a fucking Blaziken overpowering Zard after it had beaten Gary in a one on three battle, where it had defeated a fucking Blastoise and a Golem, both SE against it. Losing to a Fighting-type after that is just bullshit.
Then there's the fucking Meowth. A fucking Meowth that won through power of fucking friendship. I found myself accepting it more than the others, but that doesn't make it any less of bullshity. And then there is the Legendary faggot. His faggotry reaches past Legendary levels. What worse is that Ash didn't even use his Infernape. I wanted to see that monkey get his ass handed, but the show denied even that, to make the bullshit levels reach even higher by giving him a bunch of shitmons. And we don't talk about the Unova League. And no one can forget the shitstorm that Kalos League was.

Honestly, for all the shit I gave the Blaziken faggot, at least he won fair and square. Sure, it felt bullshity, but it was a fully evolved Pokemon that beat Ash in a fair battle. Same for Alain. He also had a strong team, so losing to that, while frustrating, at least seems fair. The rest, though, can fuck themselves. And fuck Zards. Zard is the Pokemon that has lead to Ash's defeat THREE FUCKING TIMES. That's like his worst fucking enemy at this point.
>>
>>32980099
Level difference. His Pokemon were on a completely different level. It's the same reason why Flint's Infernape could OHKO Ash's Infernape with a Fire-type move. By your logic, that shouldn't do anything. But it FUCKED. Because it was that much higher leveled. Same reason why Paul even wasn't able to beat a single Pokemon of Brandon and Cynthia. They're just higher level. Not to mention Legendaries.
>>
>>32980317
Why?

>>32980470
>Leaf
>Male
No.

>>32980492
>wanted to see that monkey get his ass handed
Again, why?
>>
>>32980507
>Leaf
Man can dream
maybe their will retcon it
>>
>>32980507
Because I hated that thing? I waited over a 100 episodes for it get its shit together and get over a simple arc that would normally take 4 episodes at MOST, and when it did get its shit together, it basically got plot armor and used that to win against Paul. It undermined the 100+ episodes of shit I endured to see it overcome Paul by hard work, to prove that it can be strong if it worked hard enough, but instead, it got Blaze plot armor, with which it took out 3 fucking Pokemon on its own, was Poisoned but managed to GET OVER IT with FIRE!!!!!, took enough beating that it would go down, but managed to hang on with WILLPOWER and FRIENDSHIP, other wise known as plot armor.

They could've had it go one-on-one with Electivire, and just outspeed and overpower it. But no, they had to make it an all powerful God all of a sudden, taking out 3 Pokemon, and not outspeeding or overpowering Electivire, but taking a good beating and winning because BLAZE! SO COOL! XD

Not only did that undermine that shit monkey itself, but also everything Paul stood for, as well as Barry, who lost to Paul. Paul had been doing his since the beginning to become strong and he got shat on simply because FRIENDSHIP!!! XD
And Barry, who Paul had easily DESTROYED. Seeing Paul lose simply because of friendship made Barry, who had the power friendship and still lost, look like a fucking waste. The shit on literally everyone with that battle, including the monkey itself, simply because they couldn't write a simple fucking battle. So I wanted to see that monkey get its shit kicked in.
>>
>>32980598
Ain't as worst as Greninja and its Bond Form.
>>
>>32980614
God, I can't believe I'm saying this, kill me, but Bond Form was actually handled better than that shit. At least it had actual buildup and explanation its power as well as limitations and set backs they had overcome to perfect it. It wasn't something that randomly appeared for a single battle to shit on everyone.
>>
>>32980627
Even so, it did use the power of bond and friendship and that it somehow created a giant, red-water shuriken.
>>
>>32980598

in the new movie charizard win with the power of friendship too, because le bad guy who dropped him chose le bad and strong incineroar
>>
>>32980099
Anon you do realize the anime is like wrestling right? Its a popularity contest used to shill the latest hot pokémon while Ash gets buttfucked because they need another season of him and his Pikachu learning that fire beats grass
>>
>>32979883
They weren't the cause of Ash's losing streak. Blame TVTokyo/OLM/TPCI or whoever thought it was a good idea to have Ash lose six times in a row. You're an idiot if you think the characters themselves dictate whether they win or lose. In Kalos, Ash really did nothing wrong.
>>
>>32980492
>Same for Alain. He also had a strong team, so losing to that, while frustrating, at least seems fair.
I don't have the image here but his charizard tanked so many attacks it was almost fucking Ash's mom, it was "Batman dodging omega beam" levels of plot armor because they were choking hard on the lizard cock
>>
>>32980652
That would be a valid point if that shuriken had done...anything. But it didn't do a shit, was never explained, and was never used again.
>>
>you will never live in a universe where the anime had new protagonists replacing the old ones like in Pokéspe
>no Ash winning the Johto league and the next season being about Brendan
>no season where aged up Ash goes on vacation and meets a young kid named Sun who wants to become a pokémon master
>>
>>32980655
Welcome to the "shonen genre".
>>
>>32980710
This. If they wanted to keep Ash and Pikachu so badly, just have them play a support role after their main saga much like Red in Pokespe.
>>
File: 13b.png (156KB, 1338x597px) Image search: [Google]
13b.png
156KB, 1338x597px
>>32980690
EV train that Zard to a tank. Can't stop the Tank Meta.

>>32980710
Yugioh exist.
>>
>>32980655
Yeah, I know. I wasn't expecting much. This movie looked shit from the beginning, even if I had a bit of hope. I bet this Zard isn't even a dick.
>>
File: 1483978737686.png (3MB, 1280x1470px) Image search: [Google]
1483978737686.png
3MB, 1280x1470px
>>32980690
You're confusing plot armor with invulnerability. When Bulma shoots Goku in the first chapter when they first meet, and those bullets have zero effect on him, that's not because he has plot armor. It's because he was fucking strong. It was his nature. He was made to be that strong. There's an explanation. Plot armor is when plot itself is literally the only thing saving him. In Zard's case, he was just fucking strong. He had been from the beginning, and he continued to be. You can call that bullshit, but not plot armor, as it isn't a plot armor by definition.

And here's your image.
>>
>>32980652
Yes, and? Mega Evolution uses power of Friendship. And some Pokemon evolve from Friendship. Bond form uses friendship, but in a LITERAL sense. He literally gets physically stronger because of that friendship. Unlike Infernape, which had no such method of converting friendship into strength. At best that's an asspull for Greninja, as it isn't wasn't a thing in the games, but it still had an explanation and reason for being that strong. That's not a plot armor.

The giant Rasenshuriken, though, was random bullshit. They didn't even bother explaining that. No one even mentioned it, ever. It was just a thing Greninja could somehow do, which was bullshit.
>>
>>32980012
Was this a JoJo reference?
>>
>>32980858
Thought you're the type of person that cares about skills than powers of friendship winning the fight.
>>
>>32980728
>>32980710

Blame Japanese neckbeards which wanted remain Ash as MC even after DP. Ashnime producers wanted new MC in BW arc, but they changed their mind.

source: my ass
>>
>>32980949
Didn't japs also lost their shit when they made Tema Rocket competent? I swear that radiation gave them some kind of brain damage that makes them hate original ideas
>>
>>32980899
No, I care about shit making sense. In a fight, the stronger one wins. If that doesn't happen, give a good reason, having it make sense, so I can be satisfied with the result. Ash-Greninja, I hate it because it's hideous and "Ash", but as far as the concept goes, I'm fine with it. It's just another form change. There's enough Pokemon with those, especially now, with Mega Evolution. It isn't a new or random thing. It made sense as a concept.

If something doesn't make sense, it bothers me and that's not entertaining. If a fight isn't entertaining/doesn't make sense, I don't like it. Infernape winning in those odds didn't make sense. I hated it. I don't care if it had won with sheer luck. Maybe it had just burned Electivire by luck and thus won. I would be fine with that, even if it would be a bit anticlimactic. The ONLY reason I cared about skills in that particular fight was because it made sense thematically. If it didn't make sense thematically, it would also bother me, to a lesser extant compared to the other instance, but still.
>>
>>32980988
> implying ashnime staff always been adequate and mentally healthy human beans
>>
>>32980012
BURASTOOOOOOOO
>>
File: a4b.png (921KB, 1176x735px) Image search: [Google]
a4b.png
921KB, 1176x735px
>>32980949
To be fair, anyone, whether they're Americans or Japanese, just want Ash to win a league and be replace since he haven't won a official league yet.
>>
File: feelone.png (20KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
feelone.png
20KB, 800x800px
If Jobninja vs Edgyzard battle was Rocky vs Creed-tier, I'd agree with that.
>>
>>32979883
Surprised a black transexual alien didn't win last league the way pkmns been goin
>Inb4; /pol/
Shits just stupid these days and you know it
>>
>>32980988
Japs didn't mind that Team Rocket was competent, some thought it was a okay change of pace. The problem is that Team Rocket being competent meant they were more threatening villainous, and Japs love the Team Rocket trio the most when they're good guys.
>>
File: tumblr_ohu3lnImY01ubw2jko1_500.png (421KB, 488x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohu3lnImY01ubw2jko1_500.png
421KB, 488x750px
>>32981095
We going to need one of them to beat Ash in Alola.
>>
>>32981095
What are you going on about? Given the settings of Gen V and VII, it's no surprise that there's plenty of dark skinned characters in Unova and Alola, and it makes sense. This isn't like shoving blacks into a Middle Earth type of setting for the sake of diversity.
>transexual
Now you're being silly.
>>
I liked that in Unova most of the filler competitors were characters that consistently showed up on the battle competitions throughout the season.

The girl with the Gothita was like top 4
>>
>>32981130
I can understand why. DP seemed like it was going to conclude the Team Rocket trio's story, and I think they weren't even legitimate Team Rocket members by the end of DP. Them cheering on Ash seemed like a natural progression after so many years of chasing him. Making them "competent" is a form of regression as it throws away all of their development making them no different from what they were in the Kanto saga.
>>
>>32981137
Dragon guy or masked royal for sure
I wish we could see Guzma beat his ass
>>
File: Guzma's_Golisopod.jpg (539KB, 1020x1113px) Image search: [Google]
Guzma's_Golisopod.jpg
539KB, 1020x1113px
>>32981167
>Guzma
Maybe, if they have him as a good guy after the whole story arc like the game.
>>
>>32981141
Not much mostly pandering
>>
>>32981203
Guzma is a good guy, and if the manga make him an asshole it would be a bigger letdown than the emerald arc
>>
>>32981268
Ur just aksin for trouble mmhmm
>>
File: 1499611451523.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1499611451523.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>32981144
>Unova
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.