[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alolan Marowak Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault[1].jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
35KB, 480x360px
Why is there no Alolan Cubone? It would be easy as HELL to do, and a Ground type evolving into a Fire/Ghost type has to be the most drastic type change in the series.
>>
>>32974334
Everything turns into a ghost type when it dies
>>
Swablu (Normal/Flying) --> Mega Altaria (Fairy/Dragon)
>>
File: 1479129258657.png (633KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1479129258657.png
633KB, 1280x1280px
>>32974389
Wow, I actually forgot this existed. And it has a magnificent type combo.
>>
>>32974389
Actually, it's Normal/Flying > Dragon/Flying > Dragon/Fairy. A gradual change, at the very least.
>>
>>32974389
I knew someone was gonna say that and yet, it still makes me irrationally angry to see it, and I still refuse to even explain the obvious reason why that's not the same thing.
>>
>>32974334
>and a Ground type evolving into a Fire/Ghost type has to be the most drastic type change in the series.

That's probably what GF wanted by making Alolan Marowak.
>>
>>32974389

Swablu doesn't evolve straight into Mega Altaria. Cubone however evolves straight into Alolan Marowak.
>>
The explanations for Ghost/Fire Marowak were
>the bones are lit like matches, with the skull acting as the matchbox
>the fire represents the protective soul of its parent
>Alola is a dangerous environment for the line, so the protective nature of Marowak lead them to develop extrasensory perception
Why Cubone didn't get a form while Marowak did was probably to emphasize the parental protectiveness of Marowak
>>
>>32974334
you know what really bothers me though

the fact that Alolan Marowak learns Shadow Bone at level 27 but Cubone evolves into Marowak at level 28
>>
>>32974480
That's gotta be a screwup. Like how in X and Y, Alakazam only gained 0 points when it mega evolved, not 100, due to it gaining 10 points to its overall BST that gen and someone forgot to factor that in.
>>
>>32974489
>>
>>32974334
yes. yes!

complete alolan form trees are best alolan form trees
>>
>>32974489
Actually it would be a worse screwup. Cubone already evolved at Level 28 so they knew it wouldn't learn it without tutoring.

To be equivalent it be more like Cubone evolved at 25 and then they changed it but forgot to move the move up a couple levels.
>>
>>32974472
>expecting logic from /vp/ when all it can give is irrational sperging and whining
>>
File: Bellossom.png (10KB, 1284x56px) Image search: [Google]
Bellossom.png
10KB, 1284x56px
>>32974334
Not as drastic, but I like my trivia.
>>
>>32974472
If Marowak have evolved to the point where they change so drastically, why wouldn't it affect their children in a bigger way? Why wouldn't the Cubone at least learn about their otherworldly powers when they're young, to better prepare them for the future?

They evolve, and then suddenly they're completely different and able to handle this without issue?
>>
>>32974610

>defending GF when its clear they were just too lazy to give it an Alola form
>>
To be perfectly honest I would love some more sudden drastic type changes like this. Can't really say for sure what some of them might be, but maybe something based on refining iron ore? It could go from pure Rock type to Steel/Fire.
>>
It evolved into a Fire/Ghost to fight off predators. Get your lore together faggot
>>
>>32975360
yes. like mandibuzz the dark/flying type
>>
>>32975371
Whatever you say it's still canon http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/alolan-marowak/
>>
>>32974389
unrelated, but numel changes along 3 abilities upon evolution, and again in mega evolition.
>>
>>32975388
Yes, it is canon, but so is Mandibuzz preying on Cubone.
>>
>>32974732
Because GF has to keep up the retarded fact that Gen 1 claims Cubone never get raised by Marowak. The Cubone only evolve if they learn to fend of grass types by striking bones on their skull.
>>
>>32974747
>d-defending
>i'm smarter than gf and pokemon creators hurr why they don't listed to me instead
comedy gold
>>
>>32974747
Multiple people in this thread have quoted the reasoning. Alolan Marowak learned to start fire to keep grass types away, cubone isn't raised by it's parents so it wouldn't know that until it learned it itself.
>>
>>32975490
now explain the ghost type.
and by turning itself into a fire type, Marowak now has a weakness against rock types, so this does not make sense
>>
>>32975471
Looking for a good discussion on this board is borderline impossible. It has to do with the mainline games being simplistic (no subtlety, no interesting character and story arcs) and population of /vp/ being a mix of underage bandwagon memers and desperate waifufags. I'm sure there's plenty to discuss about games like PMD (though I haven't played it) but only a small fraction of this board actually played it
>>
>>32975469
That doesn't really make sense. If anything, they could tie the lore to Cubone's Alolan form: its spirit protects the baby early on, and it develops a natural affinity to the spiritual world.

That's the same lore Alolan Marowak has. It would make even more sense for the mother to be with them earlier on in their lives, when they most need it.
>>
>>32975490
Honestly, I'm king of confused as to why they developed a Fire type at all, when they live near a volcano. They'd be safe from grass types there, and having a Ground typing would allow them to counter the Fire, Poison and Rock types on the mountain.
>>
>>32974334
This is the most trivial fucking complaint. Why the hell does it matter?

If anytihng its a GOOD thing that it doesn't have an alolan base form, so we can get moves on it from previous games.
>>
>>32975602
What? The ghost type is because spirits of dead marowak and shit, the usual genwun stuff
What the hell do rock types have to do with anything?
>>32975784
You could say that, but they didn't, and it's not. So who cares?
>>32975793
>King of confused
See >>32975602
>>
>>32975949
>What the hell do rock types have to do with anything?
Accoring to you, Marowak now resists a type that used to be weak against it (Fire). But Cubone used to be strong againg rock types, and now it is weak, so you analogy does not make sense.
>You could say that, but they didn't, and it's not. So who cares?
t. GF shill
>>
>>32976016
>Fire
mean it turned into a fire type to counter Grass types
>>
>>32975949
>You could say that, but they didn't, and it's not. So who cares?
I care. They had a perfect, logical opportunity to introduce a Cubone form. They didn't, there's no good reason for the form to be excluded (other than that Game Freak was lazy), and it doesn't make much sense in the context of the Pokemon's biology and evolution.
>>
>>32976016
What are you talking about analogy? It literally fucking says in the dex/on the website that it's fire because it learned to fight off grass types.
>>32976213
But there is a perfectly good reason for it not to be, it doesn't have parents for it to learn the reason it changes typing from. You just prefer your reason.
>>
>>32976348
The pokedex says nothing. Excet that Mandibuzz will attack it, so Cubone will evolve into a ghost type to defent itself against a dark oh wait.
>>
>>32975784
Cubone being in contact with its mother defeats the purpose of Marowak, which is being a Cubone that had to learn to toughen up and move on.
>>
>>32974747
Honestly NFEs getting forms is kind of pointless in the long run. Yeah, there's flavor I guess (although most of the Alola Form lore is pretty shitty except Muk and Exeggutor), but I really feel only Vulpix and Sandshrew needed a form.
>>
>>32976392
Not really. Cubone just develops its powers earlier, which help it grow up and improve its life, thanks to its mother's influence.

>>32976348
That's not a good reason. The spirit of Marowak's mother protects it. Why would it protect it as an adult, but not as a baby, when it would need the protection the most? Why would the mother's spirit not be around the Pokemon its whole life?
>>
>>32974334
Because Cubone's mother went back to Alola.
>>
>>32976391
See
>>32975388
What are you talking about Madnibuzz for? There are no Mandibuzz on the same island as cubone, there's only one place in either game they even appear. It explicitly states it evolved to fight grass types.
>>32976456
Again, you not liking it doesn't make it a good reason. It literally says in the dex "It's mothers regrets have become a vengeful spirit"
Become. As in over time.
>>
>>32974395
Pixilate is a fantastic ability too
>>
>>32976815
>you not liking it doesn't make it a good reason.
This isn't just me complaining. I just explained WHY it makes more sense to have Alolan Cubone. The reasons for Alolan Cubone NOT to exist basically boil down to "that's just how it is lol."

Even if the spirit eventually evolves to become more power, the drastic change from Ground to Fire/Ghost is very out of place. Why do these versions of Marowak, who have existed for a long time, not passed on ANY sort of qualities to their young?

And why can't regular Cubone/Marowak be part-Ghost? At least y establishing an Alolan Cubone, you could say that these Cubones spent their entire lives learning to be, and becoming more attuned to spirits.

From an in-game standpoint, any justification for Alolan Marowak could be used for Cubone, and it would make more sense than having Cubone completely change direction.
>>
>>32976968
>Why do these versions of Marowak, who have existed for a long time, not passed on ANY sort of qualities to their young?
Because their fire/ghost typing comes from the dances they do that communicate with the dead, not a genetic thing. Hence why Cubone only gets the typing when it evolves and learns the dances.
>>
So let me ask this: why does Alolan Marowak have a complete alternate moveset for levels lower than it evolves at, including learning it's signature move ONE LEVEL before it evolves, if Alolan Cubone was never going to be a thing? They probably just never "agreed on a design" for it like Mega Flygon and therefore never put it in the game.
>>
>>32974334
Well why is there no Alolan Pikachu? Or an Alolan Exeggcute?
>>
I'm not going to complain, because it means Alolawak inherits all of Cubone's moves.
>>
>>32977063
The official sites says that Marowak's close bonds with each other lead to their sixth sense.The PokeDex also says that it's because of their mother's spirit.
>>
>>32974334
why is there no Alolan Pikachu? Why did we get hatshit?
>>
>>32976968

It's mothers corrupted vengeful spirit possess cubone. Cubones hatred for its mother turns this pokemons soul a blazing. Ghost/fire and still fits the lore. Now shut up.
>>
>>32977261
Then an Alolan Cubone would be even more necessary, because moody kids/teens are the type to go emo and edgy.
>>
>>32976456
Cubone never being lonely means there's no grief to grow from to become a Marowak. At that point, it doesn't matter if the parents are dead or not. Marowak contacting its parent should feel like an achievement after going through a childhood with no contact, not to be undercut by removing any significance of its parents being dead and it being an orphan.
>>
File: 221.png (65KB, 360x353px) Image search: [Google]
221.png
65KB, 360x353px
>>32977339
I'm not sure what you're saying when you say Cubone isn't lonely. Especially since it's the Lonely Pokemon.

The death of its family is still an important part of its story and lore. There would still be grief. And its mother's spirit would still care about it, regardless of how Cubone felt.

I agree that contacting its parent could be an achievement, but it could (and should) still have some base supernatural abilities to build off of. Especially since the canon reason for those abilities could (and should) easily apply to Cubone.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.