[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Confusing gen mons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Pokémon.full.1976345.jpg (1MB, 2000x1139px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.full.1976345.jpg
1MB, 2000x1139px
Do you guys have any pokes that you consistently ascribe to the wrong gen? Personally, I always make the mistake of thinking that Aegislash and Heliolisk are gen V mons.

I mean, look at that thing. It'd've totally fit in with the rest of gen V.
>>
>>32972751
The first time I played RSE, I thought Chinchou and Lanturn were Gen 3 mons. But I quickly learnt that they were from Gen 2.
>>
Azumarill, was utter shit in gen II so it was never seen anywhere
>>
>>32972768
This.

I'm curious how many people got on the shitflinging bandwagon about Gen V, only to find they loved some of its entries in X and Y
>>
>>32972768
same but with skarmory and slugma/magcargo
>>
>>32972812
Holy shit i thought I was the only one
>>
>>32972768
>Chinchou
It's gen 3. Shh.
>>
>>32972751
Half the pokemon in gen 4 and 5 I get mixed up. The starters, psuedos, legendaries and a few others are the only ones I can ever remember
>>
I thought meditite was gen 4 for a while
>>
i have a hard time remembering that skarmory is gen 2 and not gen 3.
>>
>>32972751
I thought Shellos was a Gen 3 mon until Gen 4 came out.
>>
>>32972843
>>32972812
Me too, although switch Skarmory with Houndoom. I had the poster that came with the strategy guide and that mixed me up. I even thought Magcargo evolved into Torkoal for a while.
>>
For the longest of time, I always tought Chatot was a Gen 2 mon. This was mostly due to the fact that I never owned any pokemon game up until XY, I was a "come and go" type of fan (and I kinda still am) and the anime was what kept me mostly in touch; once the final season of DP came and the show wasn't aired anymore, I lost all contacts. It wasn't only until 2013 when I finally came back to make up for all the lost time. Y was the first ever Pokemon game I owned and managed to quickly get back the rest like Emerald, FRLG or Platinum. Needless to say, there were a lot of things that I knew that were wrong. Chatot was the most embarrassing one
>>
>>32972768
>>32972812
That's because Gen 2's Johto distribution was shit.
>>
>>32972989
Some fans experience the series solely through the anime. I'm just kind of glad not all of those types of fans just stick to the first season.
>>
>>32973016
I was probably the only guy that still watched the anime every morning while everyone just forgot about it. It was quite fun and DP is stil imo my favorite set of seasons.
Doesn't mean that I didn't knew about the games, I just didn't care about them, I guess I was to lost in my Lego's and Mario.
>>
>>32972974
Fun fact:
Shellos was supposed to be a gen 3 mon
>>
I was a kid at the time and during that time between emerald and D/P I thought Munchlax, Bonsly, Weavile and Lucario were gen 3 and you could somehow get them in emerald
>>32972812
>>32972768
these
>>
Nope, not that I know of.

I was really into Pokemon in gen 1 and 2, lost interest before Crystal was released, and came back right after FRLG, so most of the Pokemon people confuse (Skarmory, Slugma/Magcargo, etc) I knew pretty well.
>>
>>32972751
>Slugma / Macargo, Skarmory and Wobbuffet
I thought they were all gen 3 mons for the longest time.
>>
Gen 6 and 7 mons are the easiest for me to mix up.
>>
>>32973564
same, there was a serious problem with gen 2 pokemon distribution

I also tend to mix gen 5 and 6 because never played them
>>
>>32973564
Add corsola to the list and you have me
>>
Magearna does not seem gen 7 to me for some reason. I always think it's a gen 5 or 6 Mon and have to correct myself
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.