[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is GEN 4 considered filler?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 18

File: Gen_4_Pokemon.png (119KB, 1600x495px) Image search: [Google]
Gen_4_Pokemon.png
119KB, 1600x495px
Why does people hate this gen?
>>
>>32970823
because filler, son.
>>
>>32970823
People hates everything.
>>
I'm pretty sure the sprites weren't so shit
>>
Gen 6 is the filler
>>
>>32970859
This
>>
Gen 4 is overall just the least notable generation. Sure there are some good and bad things you can say about it, but none of them are particularly weighty.

That's why it's called filler, because it didn't bring anything special to the table but didn't do anything wrong either.
>>
File: 1488812419397.png (82KB, 526x300px) Image search: [Google]
1488812419397.png
82KB, 526x300px
>>32970823
That's a weird way to write Gen 5 but ok anon
>>
>>32970823
s a v i n g a l o t o f d a t a... [ ]
>>
>>32970859
Gen 6 is a dud, not filler.
>>
>>32970823
Stop baiting, not one calls Gen IV filler. And anyone who does call a gen filler, even VI or VII, is a retard.
>>
>>32970823
Nobody hates this gen. That's gen 5 (and it deserves the hate)
>>
>>32970823
For the same reason they hate Gen 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7.
>>
>>32970864
Physical special split to me is more important than being able to know your opponents team
>>
File: klang[1].jpg (31KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
klang[1].jpg
31KB, 300x250px
>>32970904
First, let us define filler for the games:
Low-quality content needing perfunctory effort to be made, created as an appetizer, but not satiating the metaphorical hunger of the fans. It usually comes in bursts, or is cyclical.
For the anime, filler is content that doesn't advance the plot.
The Pokémon designs of the Fifth Generation are the closest thing to filler in Pokémon that can be found.
The Pokémon depicted in this picture here is "tantamount to my Mother's steely cogs."
>>
>>32970971
Where's this alternate-universe /vp/ you're visiting where people hate Gen 5? Because here in this universe, just about everybody likes Gen 5 except for a small (but loud, sometimes obnoxious) minority.
>>
>>32971000
>minority
kek gen 5 and gen 4 always tie for most hated gen on the polls
>>
why do people not even put effort into shitposting anymore?
it actually took some creative OP's to get a good genwar going in the past but nowadays even this shit will reach the bump limit
>>
>>32971000
t. assblated unovabortion
>>
>>32970996

Gen V has a ton of great designs. And of course there are some "filler" ones as well, but that's going to happen when they introduce 150 Pokémon in a generation. If they removed the filler, we'd be bitching that it was too small of a generation, like we do with Gens VI and VII.
>>
>>32971017
Been playing since Gen 1, friend. I just appreciate quality when I see it, as do many other people.
>>
>>32970823
It's a good game held back by shitty programming at the time.

It's the second most ambitious set of games in my opinion, and just has good music and good atmosphere overall. If it wasn't so mind-numbingly slow to play I'm pretty sure it would be beloved around here.

Once D/P gets a remake, people will appreciate how good Sinnoh actually is.
>>
>>32971031
Gen 1 sucked and Gen 5 which is basically a Gen 1 copy sucked as well
>>
>>32970823
Gen 1: Glitches and Early-installment Weirdness
Gen 2: Did not fix all problems (but fixed enough). In this respect, an improvement in the amount of content, but it is less polished. (Kanto can be seen as filler here)
Gen 3: And now for something different. WATER WATER EVERYWHERE (Did you like Tentacool? HERE'S WINGULL)
Gen 4: Cross Gen evolutions. Also, we're putting a cap on the power of legendary Pokémon; none will go beyond this point.
Gen 5: NEW POKEMON. LOL IT'S NEW JERSEY (DAE 9/11?)
Gen 6: 3D IS COOL. MEGA EVOLUTION!
Gen 7: NO MORE 3D it sucks, it's lagging hard already. You can now see the trainers in battle! SORRY NO DOUBLE BATTLES! Z-MOVES
>>
It was filler, but that's not a bad thing. We got a lot of good evolutions out of it.

Honestly, we need another filler generation at this point.
>>
>>32971022
It's true that the fans will never be completely satisfied.
I prefer quality over quantity.
>>
>>32971064
>LOL IT'S NEW JERSEY (DAE 9/11?)
you mean new york?
>>
>>32970867
Exactly. Gen V had a few standout pokemon but the majority of that dex was attempt to repeat the original 151. So many shitmon.
>>
File: gen 5 influences.png (2MB, 2004x1457px) Image search: [Google]
gen 5 influences.png
2MB, 2004x1457px
>>32971140
this
>>
Annyone who wants new pokemon should leave this series and get punches in the face?
>>
>>32971144
(you)
>>
>>32971064
In terms of enjoyability:
Gen 3 > Gen 2 = Gen 5 (2nd versions) > Gen 1 > Gen 4 (later games, GS remakes) > Gen 6 = Gen 7 > Gen 5 (first games) = Gen 4 (first games)

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>32970823
Nobody calls it filler, what people call it is ugly as sin.
>underbite hillbilly, starved African child with farts on fire, spoiled brat that becomes a basement dweller are the starters
>regional rodent is an ableist joke
>ugly as fuck, memetically annoying regional bug
>sjw bee
>conjoined twins evolve into a schizophrenic
>a line literally based on a farting ass
>obelutions ahoy
>furbait ultimate shillmon
>Heatran, just Heatran
>pink penis and the other plastic ridges that govern the universe, muh god included
>point above brought the equivalent of silver age superman to the table of retarded debates "muh legend is bigger than ur legend"
>white sonic
>>
File: 1491945060474.jpg (57KB, 421x495px) Image search: [Google]
1491945060474.jpg
57KB, 421x495px
>>32971155
i didn't expect to land something this soon
>>
Why does this Kricketune look actually good?
>>
>>32971173
>for gen 5

>pretentious hipster, fat indian child with burps on fire, ugly kid that becomes a cringy samurai basement dweller are the starters
>ugly as fuck, memetically annoying "muh elemental" monkeys
>a bunch of goths
>deformed child evolves into a cancer filled toad
>a line literally based on trash and another on ice cream
>gen 1 copies ahoy
>furbait ultimate shillmon grass type
>Cryogonal, just Cryogonal
>one genies and the other copypastas that govern the weather and seasons, muh alternate formes included
>a fucking pony
>weabboo singer
>>
>>32970996
>Low-quality content needing perfunctory effort to be made, created as an appetizer, but not satiating the metaphorical hunger of the fans. It usually comes in bursts, or is cyclical.
So gen IV, then
>>
>>32971000

lol
>>32971017
answered correctly
>>
>>32971144 (You)
>>
File: 1497471283330.png (2MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497471283330.png
2MB, 1024x1024px
>>32970823
>107 new Pokémon
>9 are starters
>14 are legends
>5 are baby Pokémon
>21 are new evolutions of old Pokémon
Almost half of the new Pokémon don't FEEL new. I know that sounds like a bullshit out, but it's why it FEELS like filler. There's far too many shitty legends, baby Pokémon are fucking cancerous and while I love stuff like Gliscor and Magnezone and that's a damn better way to make non-3 stage 'mons better than Mega Evolution it still just feels like a new twist on old Pokémon.
Then there's stuff like Carvine or Chatot or Burmy or fucking Bidoof that are just particularly forgettable, as there are every generation. I must have been in Gen VI before realising Bidoof was fucking Normal/Water
>>
>>32971399
Bidoof is pure Normal. Bibarel however is Normal/Water.
>>
>>32971144
Oh come on I completely agree with "lol new rat lol new cat lol new three stage trade only fighting" but "Magmar - Pinsir = Heatmor - Durant" or "Arcanine - Landorus" are stretches and "Druddigon = Onix+Kangaskhan" or "Haxorus = Rhyperior + Aggron" is brain damage
>>
File: 128px-Shuffle044.png (19KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
128px-Shuffle044.png
19KB, 128x128px
>>32971405
Goes to show you how much I give a shit about Bibarel that I call them both Bidoof
>>
>>32971421
The Haxorus line is basically a continuation of the previous Aggron and Rhyperior lines, being small "godzilla"/dinosaur-like monsters that just sort of grow bigger. The Nidoking/queen and Tyranitar lines could also fit somewhat but these two do have other influences, whereas Haxorus, Rhyperior and Aggron basically don't.
Druddigon is just a stand alone monster just like Onix and Kangaskhan were. Not even particularly good or usable even with a "golden" type (aka the best type of their respective gens).
>>
>>32970823
Let me tell you why I dislike Sinnoh. I don't hate it, I can play through the games, but I really wouldn't want to.

First of all, the amount of new Pokemon when you exclude the starters, legends, and cross-gen mons is fairly low. This makes its own dex less interesting to me, especially since quite a few Pokemon have trade/item constraints which makes it annoying to use them.

Second, a lot of the mons that aren't cross-gen evos or the starters are, to be frank, shit. They're boring to use and/or annoying to fight against (Fake Out spam, Hypnosis spam, Bronzor). Sure, some are good in competitive, but that's an entirely different matter. It's why you generally see some mix of Starter, Luxray, Staraptor, Roserade, Garchomp whenever someone puts up their team for DPPt.

Third, the plot's pretty much a rehash of gen 3's plot. Stop the team from getting the legendary Pokemon which will inevitably destroy everything. And then in Platinum Giratina essentially pulls a Rayquaza. It also caused ridiculous power-creep in terms of lore which I utterly hate.

Fourth, the slowdown. This ordinarily wouldn't be a problem but why they decided to include fucking bog and snow in an already slow game is beyond me. Bog is not interesting and adds nothing to the experience but frustration. The snow maps give you hail but it's essentially a straight shot without anything interesting in it. The Distortion World, while a good idea, fails in its execution because of this. To me, all it really does is highlight its flaws.

Fifth, Wifi is dead which fucking sucks goddamn Nintendo why'd you go with GameSpy you fucking faggots?

And those are my biggest complaints. Thankfully they're not super big game-destroyers but they don't make me want to go back and play the games.
>>
>>32971399

It really doesn't help that in Diamond and Pearl, many of the new Pokemon that aren't starters/legends/babies/evolutions are rare as fuck or aggravating to get, like Skorupi, Cherubi, Carnivine, Croagunk, Hippopotas, Spiritomb, making the appearance of new mons feel even less frequent.
>>
>>32971495
Carnivine and Cherubi are both useless anyway but I see your point for Skorupi and Croagunk. Croagunk should've been available earlier on.
>>
>>32971504

They could be usable in an ingame run though if you wanted variety, if they weren't nearly impossible to get.

Of everything that doesn't fit a "role" or isn't related to a past mon, I can only think of Shinx, Snover, and Bronzor of the Gen 4 Pokemon that aren't annoying to get in DP, and Snover is way late.
>>
>>32971521

Oh, plus the Water types. Buizel and Shellos are easy to get.
>>
>>32971521
Stunky was easy enough to get as well.
>>
>considered filler
???

it is the blandest though
>>
>>32970823
/vp/ hates every generation
/vp/ is also retarded so don't take them seriously.
>>
>>32971535

I wouldn't know. I have Pearl and Glameow is way later than it should be, and evolves super late too.
>>
>>32971530
Shellos is basically a Quagsire slash HM slave sort of thing tho
>>
>>32971544

It doesn't really fit into a role though, like the pikaclone or pseudolegend or cover legendary or regional bird or anything. It's just vaguely similar to Quagsire.
>>
>>32970823
the game was saved!
>>
>>32971542
You could catch Stunky near the cave where you catch Gible (except outside, near the grass, night time only) at like level 14. It evolved at level 34 which was sort of late but not too late, and learned a couple of juicy moves like Flamethrower and Toxic.
>>
>>32971442
A end-game mono-type bipedal dragon is comparable to a pre-second-gym rock/steel type that looks nothing like it and only becomes remotely bipedal on the third evolution and a Ground/Rock type that goes from quadrupedal to bipedal and evolves via trade into a completely different looking thing from either of them in a different generation?
Also what even is your argument for Driddigon? The first ever mono-type single-stage dragon is the same as a two type rock snake that evolves in a different generation and a monotype single stage that's not unique in any way? Also did you claim that both Gen 1 mons are the "best type"? I may be wrong but I don't even understand this argument.
Also are you seriously trying to defend someone who is clearly trolling? Victreebel?
Reuniclius and Vanilluxe?
>>
>>32971619
I see you are relatively new to this game.
Onix was unique when it was first introduced, and there was no evolution in sight. It was the first boss to be encountered and could only be caught later on in a single cave.
Kangaskhan was very unique in terms of design (it still is), and was incredibly rare to find and catch. For the most part its design and rarity made people question what type it even was, since so few people actually owned one. For the most part, I recon, most people thought it was a Ground type.
And yes, Normal type was considered a very good type in Gen 1, since most relevant moves were Normal and Normal types had access to immediate STAB. Hence stuff like Tauros and Snorlax were the best in competitive. Rock/Ground was also a very good typing as both Rhydon and Golem were very used as well.
Onix and Kangaskhan basically fill this "rare and good type but outclassed by others of their type" monster niche. I wouldn't call this a "classic" style but there are definitely a few common points.
Druddigon being a dragon is also a somewhat rare and usable Pokemon but obviously the first completely outclassed Dragon (I don't even know of anyone that used one on their runs bor BW). It pretty much fills a similar role, and pretty much looks like the most generic western like Dragon GF has ever made, even if with a few wierd things going on (just like both Onix and Kangaskhan). So again not an obvious copy ripoff but there are some clear inspirations going on, especially with them picking the Dragon type for it (Dragon being for Gen 5 basically what Normal was for Gen 1).
also
>muh details but its always standing
Haxorus is still pretty much a generic kaiju, sorry.
>u r trolling
Ok then.jpg
>>
>>32971705
>especially with them picking the Dragon type for it
but giving it purposely bad stats**
forgot to add this
>>
>>32970823
27 Pokémon in that generation are (pre)evolutions of an existing Pokémon.
>>
>>32970823
I love PT and HGSS but they are slow as fuck to get through. PT especially.
>>
>>32970971

You are what's wrong with Pokemon today.
>>
File: 1498344274646.png (132KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
1498344274646.png
132KB, 407x286px
>>32970823
>Saving a lot of data.
>>
File: IMG_0205.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0205.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
>>32971144

I hope you're seriously not retarded enough to believe what you just posted. Not to mention, a similar chart can be made for the other recent gens too if they grasp at straws as much as you did.
>>
File: 1384204781626.png (9KB, 505x314px) Image search: [Google]
1384204781626.png
9KB, 505x314px
>>32971705
>New to this game
Fucking lolwhat? Of course Onix was unique when it was first introduced, almost all of them were.You are saying that Druddigon is Onix + Kangaskhan because at completely different points in time, the latter two WHEN THE GAME was new and unique, they were unique in different ways.
>Onix and Kangaskhan fill this "rare and good type but outclassed by others" nice
Jesus man you're stretching so fucking much. They're the same because 10 years apart they were outclassed by other Pokémon of their type?
>Haxorus is pretty much a generic Kaiju
Top kek
>U r trolling
Right so apart from bizzare ass arguments that have literally nothing to do with the original complaint/point of the image you're also now claiming that I claimed YOU were trolling and ignored my other examples.

Fuck, maybe you ARE trolling and you're fucking with me by agreeing you are before I actually claimed it
>>
>>32971786
>You are saying that Druddigon is Onix + Kangaskhan
I'm not saying Druddigon is Onix plus Kangaskhan. I'm saying it has things derived from them.
>the latter two WHEN THE GAME was new and unique, they were unique in different ways
That's the thing, they weren't so unique in such different ways. They were Normal (a competitive staple at the time but not exactly an uncommon type) and Rock/Ground (exact same thing as before). Dragon has that exact same description for Gen 5. It's like they took that idea from Gen 1 and merely changed it to Gen 5 standards. Not everything has to be an obvious carbon copy ripoff to be clearly influenced and inspired by Gen 1.
>you're stretching so fucking much
Why? I'm not saying they're a staple or anything. They just happen to have things in common with Druddigon. I don't see how this is so hard to reach.
>Top kek
Good argument. The Kaiju like design is pretty much a staple of this series. Sorry you missed that.
>bizzare ass argument
It's "bizarre". And I honestly don't see what's so bizarre about them. It's just a combination showing similarities in design, typing, number of members in the evolution family all at the same time.
>that have literally nothing to do with the original complaint/point of the image
What? I made that image.
>you're also claiming that I claimed YOU were trolling
Well yes, you basically said my pic is a troll.
>and ignored my other examples
What other examples? You just posted a bunch of mons without whatever counterparts they have (more than one in all those cases). I have no idea what you were going for there so I didn't even bother to reply, that's all.
>>
>>32971853
That image is literally claiming that all of Gen V mons are ripoffs of other ones and you are defending it as "But they had things in common once"
>Kaiju like design is pretty much a staple of the series
EXACTLY. So how the fuck is Haxorus ripping off anything by being completely different but also being designed in a way that is a staple of the series.
>TYPO LOL
Shut the fuck up
>What? I made that image.
Either you're lying or you've violently misunderstood what people meant when they said "Lol Tarous > Bouffalant" and how your image would be taken when you're posting something that agrees with the bulk of those peoples arguments. Of your four replies I'm the only one that actually gave you a chance to defend any of those retarded comparisons and one of them pointed out that there's literally 0 value in making that for a specific gen when you're saying "151 influence" is as vague as "They were both mediocre Pokémon for their typing that they don't share."
>>
>>32970862
>>32970859
These.
>>
>>32970971
>gen V bad
>gen VII good
Why the fuck are girls and devianart users allowed to post here?
>>
>>32971101
To be fair, the south west corner of unova (where the protag in bw2 is from and roxie's city) corresponds to NJ. The rest of it is NYC though.
>>
>>32972022
>That image is literally claiming that all of Gen V mons are ripoffs
That's not what that image is claiming at all. The only thing it's meant to do is to show the similarities between both gens. I know that because I made that image. Stop trying to force your own faulty idea of what that image is onto what it actually is.
>This obsession with a typo and then telling me to "shut the fuck up"
Wew
>violently misunderstood
Misunderstood what? What people basically said with that is that Bouffalant, or Conkeldurr, or Gigalith or whatever, are basically the Tauros/Machamp/Golem of Gen 5 with very obvious points in common. But pretty much the whole gen has points in common with Gen 1, is what I'm saying with that image. I have made similar images for Gens 2, 3 and 4 but no one seems to get as offended and upset with those as with the one I made for Gen 5 and I honestly think that's funny. Still don't quite get the commotion but still entertaining to watch, just like watching your blood boil over something you basically consider to be wrong. If I'm that wrong just ignore it like everyone else did with the other Gens.
Honestly funny to see Gen 5 fans get this mad. Gen 4 fans don't care when people "diss" their Gen.
>>
File: 1384198844828.jpg (74KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1384198844828.jpg
74KB, 500x500px
>>32972132
Everything except the last bit is genuinely retarded but I''' give you a chance.

It's not Gen V fans getting mad at you, it's retards who assume that because you are taking the argument of "Gen V is just a rip off of Gen I because Tarous/Bouffalant etc etc" and taking it to such an extreme it's fucking stupid.
Nobody gets mad when you do it to other generations because nobody claims stupid shit like "Garchomp is a ripoff of Dragonite because they both are dragons and have things on their head"

You're assuming people are calling you out and calling a troll because they're mad you're slagging Gen V.
They're calling you out because you're taking a valid criticism about Gen V (Which I 100% agree with, I don't fucking like Gen V even though it has some damn nice mons) and making it invalid by taking it too far.

"I've made similar images for Gens 2, 3 and 4"
And it was exactly as stupid for all of those, the difference is nobody associates those with the "Lol genwun ripoff" argument you're using points of in this example.

You need to understand that what you're trying to say with an image and what is interpreted isn't the same thing. If you understood that and why Gen V in particular is a bad case for it you wouldn't be misunderstanding why people are calling you a shitposter and your original reply to me would have been "You misunderstood that image m8" and it would be over
>>
>>32971140
Just like Gens 2, 3,4, 6, and 7.
There are always going to be parallels to gen 1 because in real life, there are multiple species of cats, dogs, and other shit. different regions are obviously going to have different looking birds.
>>
>>32970993
This.
I remember being frustrated that all of Gengar's STAB moves were physical knowing that Gengar had very subpar attack to go with them.
>>
>>32972132
Can we please see the images you made for the other gens?
>>
>>32972197
Well okay then, that's reasonable.
>>
>>32972230
Don't have them here right now but I can post them once I get home.
>>
>>32971705
>rock/ground
>EVER a good typing
>>
>>32972280
It was in Gen 1.
>>
>>32970823
I've heard people hate Gen 4 but I've never heard it called filler. The only generation that feels like filler to me is Gen 6, because it was literally unfinished and got no third version, and because the remake was half-assed.
And even then, Gen 5 wasn't very long either and Gen 7 doesn't seem like it will be very long so maybe Game Freak is just trying to shit out generations faster because people buy the first new games of a generation more than any games after that despite the first games of a generation almost always being the worst of that generation.
>>
>>32972097
Only the central part is NY; both the west and east sides are part of NJ.
>>
>>32972258
That'll be great! Cheers
>>
File: 1498973766007.png (301KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1498973766007.png
301KB, 512x384px
>>32971000
>just about everybody likes Gen 5
Are you sure?
>>
>>32970823
Because in terms of gameplay it was objectively the worst. It contains the worst games (DPPt, HGSS) and is agonizing to go back to. Only children who grew up with it believe it was good because nostalgia allows them to excuse the flaws.
>>
>>32972397
Um, no. The east side is NYC also. Brooklyn and Queens. There is no part of NJ east of NYC.

Source: I live there.
>>
File: lopunny01.png (88KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
lopunny01.png
88KB, 500x458px
>>32970823
Lopunny is totally filler. I'd like to FILLER up, ya know!?

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE
>>
Slow
Stupid story
Shit villains
The majority of the new mons are terribly designed and I'm not including the cross-evos when I say that
Forgettable gym leaders
Marshlands in the safari with spots that stop you for no goddamn reason
Snow is slower than all fuck to get through in a game that's already slow
Legendaries are ridiculously overpowered lore-wise
>>
>>32970859
This desu. Gen 6 is easily the most forgettable. Say what you will about gen 5, it at least left it's mark on the series way better than X/Y.
>>
Personally, gen 4 convinced me to quit playing for years just due to the awful lag and slowdowns. I liked the pokemon, the region, and even the gameplay, I just couldn't stand that everything I tried to do lagged while the game sat and made me watch it jerk off.

There is a very clear difference in gameplay philosophy between gen 4 and a mario game. When you press A, mario jumps. he doesn't wait for transition frames, he isn't so pretentious that he stops the action completely and forces you to watch him move the way HE wants you to. Every game, even turn-based RPGs, should feel good to play, and a game that handles poorly isn't going to be fun no matter how it's designed.

Gen 4 reeks of a gameplay director watching a demo and repeatedly asking to add more "spectacle" and "weight" to the game while not having the discipline that comes from actually enjoying playing games. A game should never compromise how good it feels to play for the sake of the game's vision.
>>
>>32972668
>2D to 3D
>Megas
What? Gen V was great, but it literally added nothing except superfluous shit like the Dreamworld that would be given up on immedietly
>>
>>32972695
That's why I like Gen V. It didn't make any major changes, but cleaned up a lot of what came before it. Not much new, but it's the best use of all of the existing features up to that point.

And besides that, it did make some small but underrated changes. Unlimited TMs is the best thing the series has done in the last decade.
>>
>>32972668
I really like how much gen 5 stood on its own feet. it was the first main game to not be overtly set in Japan and feature its own unique pokedex. also this >>32972735. Quality of life improvements are always welcome.

The argument about not liking the designs comes down to taste. Gameplay is also subjective, but it's much easier to talk about.
>>
>>32972735
I'm not debating if you should or shouldn't like it, I was arguing the point that it made less permanent changes than Gen VI.
TMs was a pretty good/big one though
>>
>>32970867
>>32970971
>>32970996
>>32971017
>>32971034
>Criticize Gen 4
>Sinnohfag mafia comes out of the woods, starts shitting up the thread and calling everyone Unovabortion because they are salty about being the worst gen and right next to the best gen after gen 1
This is why everyone hates you. Well, other than for having outrageously bad designs and boring shitty games.
>>
>>32970858
DP have some weird sprites, platinum fixed most of the really weird ones
>>
>>32973021
Other way around. Platinum changed some of the sprites and made them look... off.
>>
>>32971000
Gen 5 is literally the most hated everywhere. The firsts BE games dont even feel like a pokémon game desu, more like a hackrom with baddly designed fakemons
>>
>>32970867
This. Gen 5 was literally just gen 1 lite with a few good ideas that they left out in gen 4
>>
>>32972964
>the best gen after gen 1
No one will take you seriously after this, genwunner.
>>
>>32971144
Kek people actually like this shit gen why? I played it through in one day never touched it again. Barely bothered about the ugly mons.
>>
>>32970996
>Insulting Klang
I mean, you can have whatever opinion you want, but the Klinklang line are some of my favorite Pokemon. Objectmon and Steel types are the best, anyways.
>>
Reminder that BW2 were supposed to include a sinnoh post-game but it was scrapped.
>>
>>32971173
>pink penis
Get out underage. Only underage see a penis in something that isn't a penis.
>>
File: heatran.png (2MB, 1566x881px) Image search: [Google]
heatran.png
2MB, 1566x881px
>>32971173
What about Heatran, anon?
>>
>>32973207
[citation needed}
>>
>>32973021
>DP have some weird sprites

No. Those are NOT the complete DP sprites.
>>
>>32971173
>>32971270

>Edgelord delinquent, furbait Chinese child with puke on fire, literal retard that becomes a dirty, shit-stained basement dweller are the starters
>ugly as fuck, memetically annoying toilet bird
>multiple edgelord furbaits
>midget in a parka evolves into a demon boulder
>a line literally based on parental abuse
>single stages ahoy
>furbait the generation
>Huntail, just Huntail
>Godzilla recolor and the other Kaiju knockoffs that govern the weather and creation of the world
>generic ghibli loli
>furbait airplanes
>>
>>32970823
Lucario.

That's all.
>>
>>32970823
Why are these rows only 19 long?

MY AUTISM.
>>
>>32973087

I see you haven't received a (You) yet. Take mine.
>>
File: 1482055800806.jpg (55KB, 474x531px) Image search: [Google]
1482055800806.jpg
55KB, 474x531px
>>32971144
>>
>>32971144
Alomola with lapras not luvdisc??
>>
>>32970823

Gen 4 was the worst when you take into consideration babies, cross gen evolutions, and legendaries to new pokemon, which some people can (understandably) be disappointed by.

there may be one gen that has more babies, or more legendaries, but no other gen had that many pokemon versus new "normal" pokemon
>>
>>32971005
Every hardcore fan I met just likes gen 4 and 5 the most.
Every normie I know on the other hand hate them, so yes, it's hated by normies, with some of them being literally functional illiterate.
>>
>>32971144
>Solosis line is so unique you need to call it a knock off by posting another 3 stage Psychic evo, PLUS another amorphous Pokemon, PLUS... Porygon?
>Karrablast -> Escavalier is Pinsir evolving into Heracross..?
>Pawniard line is Mr. Mime and Jynx..?
Honestly, a lot of these are huge stretches.
>>
>>32973532
Alomomola has actually nothing to do with Luvdisc. Luvdisc is like a sidequest forgettable shitmon like Dunsparce, Alomomola is more like a cleric Water type for your team. People keep insisting the two are related but they really are not and GF was just shitty at making their designs.
>>
>>32973600
>Hating Dunsparce
>Hating Alomomola

How does it feel to be retarded?
>>
>>32971399
This is literally the description of Alola dex.
>>
>>32973584
Solosis line is a mess. A bunch of unrelated stuff put together with no real explanation for their existence. Like Abra but with digital and amourphous influences. I just put it all there.
Pawniard is one of the first mons that looks very much like a human person since Gen 1, like Mr. Mime and Jynx.
Karrablast and Excavalier only make sense when comparing to Shelmet and Accelgor, which are obviously a tribute to the Scyther/Pinsir duo.

>>32973613
Where did I even remotely say I hate Alomomola. I love Alomomola. I hate Luvdisc tho. Dunsparce is ok.
>>
>>32973199
I actually have a love-hate relationship with Klinklang.
The impossibility of floating gears really grates me the most, though.
>>
>>32973632
>Digital and amorphous
Solosis is based on cellular reproduction, nothing "digital" about it. It's a unique design in gen 5.

And Gardevoir is more humanoid than the Pawniard line - you just needed to shoehorn in another comparison.

Paired bugs don't necessarily mean a tribute to Scyther and Pinsir - you're making another leap of logic, just because you don't want to admit that gen 5 did anything original.
>>
>>32973632
>Solosis line is a mess
>bunch of unrelated stuff put together with no real explanation

They're based on cells and amniotic fluids.
>>
>>32973648
Since the line can have the Plus and Minus abilities, it's likely they have electromagnetic properties, which would lead to floatation the same way the Magnemite line float.
>>
>>32973649
>And Gardevoir is more humanoid than the Pawniard line
I disagree. Gardevoir doesn't have legs or hands, or even a proper face. It looks more like a spirit thing than an actual human person.
Bisharp however pretty much looks like a person wearing a costume.
>paired bugs that have the exact same typing and backstory of competition and rivalry don't necessarily mean a tribute to
Of course not. Just another silly leap of logic by silly me.

>>32973649
>>32973650
On Solosis, I know they're based on cells but what that has to do with its in-game explained biology I have yet to know. They basically gave no explanation why a creature like that exists. It has a lot to do with Ditto imo. Porygon is just more visually than anything since Reuniclus is Psychic for whatever god reason.
>>
>>32973705
I don't see how Solosis could be visually compared to Porygon, other than Reuniclus and Porygon2 both having a body made of rounded parts. And the Pokedex explains the Psychic aspect - they're a Psychic network of macroscopic cellular organisms.
>>
>>32973727
No, see, a proper explanation would be having a huge brain like Alakazam, or doing stuff to your dreams like Hypno and Musharna, or just being somewhat mystical and magical.
Being a network of cells has very little to do with whatever you relate Psychic with. It's a weak explanation. Like Porygon, being a network of things could very well lead you to being a Normal type even tho Porygon to me always looked like an Electric type for obvious reasons.
>>
>>32973705
>They basically gave no explanation why a creature like that exists
Like a lot of other pokemon?
Why is Magnemite alive in the first place? And is voltorb a machine as well or is it organic?
What about Diglett's lower body? How come nobody knows what it's like when there are portable digital encyclopedias about pokemon and scientists researching pokemon all over the world?
>Reuniclus is Psychic for whatever god reason
One common theme with Psychic type lines is looking frail or underdeveloped physically since they don't need to rely on their bodies, as you can see with the Abra line.
Also floating fetuses with psionic powers is a semicommon trope.
>>
>>32973620
>81 new Pokémon (Not including Alolan Forms)
>11 of those are legends
>7 are UBs
>On top of that are 18 new forms for old Pokémon

Not AS bad. I understand your point but he asked why Gen IV felt like FILLER, not "why was it shit"
Plus less forgettable shitmons (If just because they're fresher in memory)
Gen VII feels like anything but filler with all the changes they added.
>>
>>32973772
Oh also a thing that never needed said before, 11 legends, only 9 FULLY EVOLVED legends.
>>
>>32973752
>Primarily telepathic species with a semi-liquid body that they warp with their psychic powers has less proper explanation than "they do stuff with dreams" or "it does strange things by dancing and kissing".
>>
>>32973769
There's actually been artwork of Diglett out of the ground. I remember having an officially licensed Pokemon calendar featuring Diglett one month, and you see 95% of it most of the time. Underground, it has a slightly-rounded but mostly flat bottom and a pair of tiny, basic feet. This is also how it uses scratch/slash/etc.
>>
>>32973769
They're alive because they're magical monsters, but that's beyond the point. You might as well ask that for any Pokemon. In any case, they all usually have a backstory, which for the Solosis line is weak. I'm not saying there isn't an explanation, tho, for all I know this could be a reference to some japanese thing, like how the Slowpoke line is a reference to a mythical local creature in Japan that was found on a book by a guy from Bulbapedia a few years ago. Maybe that's it, I don't know.
>Also floating fetuses with psionic powers is a semicommon trope.
Eh maybe. I guess I could remove Porygon and add Mew instead.
>>
>>32973820
The Japanese name for Reuniclus is also written in such a way that it could possibly be referring to the mythical homunculus.
>>
>>32973786
Using a bunch of fancy words doesn't mean that, down to its essence, Solosis has no explanation for its existence. Drowzee has a common backstory with how tapirs were seen in Japan (dream eating tapirs are very common in anime), and Jynx is a reference to the same creature Mawile and Froslass reference, but Solosis has really no explanation for being a "primarily telepathic species".
>>
>>32973835
How would you design a Pokemon with the concept of "telepathic species that grows to have multiple minds that rejoin into a stronger mind".
>>
>>32973845
Why would I even design that in the first place. Like why would that be a thing?
>>
>>32973845
Also where do they say Solosis and its kin have multiple minds? I thought it was just a cell/fetus kind of thing.
>>
>>32973835
>Solosis has no explanation for its existence

Wtf is Growlithe, dogs don't breathe fire, this shit doesn't make sense, what a dumb pokemon.
Pikachu? An electric mouse? Seriously?
Nice originality Gamefreak, what's next, a flying pink cat with psychic powers or a fire spewing duck with boobs for a forehead? Why do these exist????? That's it, I'm switching to Digimon.
>>
>>32973870
Duosion's Pokedex entries.

>When their brains, now divided in two, are thinking the same thoughts, these Pokémon exhibit their maximum power.

>Since they have two divided brains, at times they suddenly try to take two different actions at once.

>When their two divided brains think the same thoughts, their psychic power is maximized.

>Because Duosion's brain is divided into two, it can produce tremendous power when both parts share the same thought.
>>
>>32973899
Yeah yeah we get it it's Pokemon you don't have to explain shit
>>
>>32973905
It's interesting because Reuniclus doesn't reference any of this at all. They could've pulled a Metagross but instead they completely deny it. Makes me think these Duosion entries are just a reference to the two sides of the human brain.
>>
>>32973924
The second and third entries specifically reference having two divided brains that can think separate thoughts. The "Reuni" part of "Reuniclus" comes from "Reunite/Reunify", giving one reference, and the "different minds networking for a greater strength"-theme is preserved, showing that even when the separated minds are reunited, the whole can do so with others of the species.
>>
>>32973899
>Shisu dogs
>Pikas
Nice argument. You realise 90% of Pokémon ARE based on something right?
>>
>>32973963
>This pokemon is based on a dog
Haha, cool
>This pokemon is based on magnets
Haha, cool
>This pokemon is based on a very obscure japanese yokai that almost nobody knows about outside of Japan
Haha, cool
>This pokemon is based on a cell
wtf is this shit, this has no explanation whatsoever

MAKE UP YOUR MIND YOU GODDAMN RETARD
>>
>>32973924
Looking at the foreign names, Reuniclus' other names help allude to its origin a bit more. The Japanese name ends with "culus", not "cleus", refering to the Homunculus instead of the Nucleus.
The Chinese name is literally just "artificial cell spawn", again showing the Homunculus inspiration.

Reuniclus also resembles, more than any other cell, a neuron.
>>
>>32974005
What the are you drooling about?
I never said it doesn't have an explanation, it does. You said a Pokémon incredibly obviously based on a chinese mythological creature wasn't based on anything. You said a dumb ass thing and got corrected.
>>
>>32974020
That's not really true. Neurons are usually spiky and thin, not "blobby"/fat and short.
>>
>>32974032
I refuse to believe someone as dense as you exists, if you are trolling you are really good.
>>
File: 1497470746385.jpg (39KB, 288x268px) Image search: [Google]
1497470746385.jpg
39KB, 288x268px
>>32974052
Here is a link to every post I've made to you in this thread. Ready?

>>32973963
>>32974032

Here is a list of things you have been corrected on by me:
"Growlithe is not based on anything"
"Pikachu is not based on anything"

Please elaborate on how you think I could possible be trolling?
>>
>>32970823
People actually hate gen 4? Gen 4 was the 2nd best generation after gen 2. Debate me faggots.
>>
>>32974108
I mixed you up with the retard that complains that Solosis has no explanation, sorry.
>>
>>32974125
Stick Gen 5 in front of those two, and I agree.
>>
>>32974020
to be fair japanese works with syllables only, so "cleus" can only be written as "culus" so your whole point is wrong and you should feel bad about it, you uncultured swine
>>
File: 1384202782776.png (72KB, 393x450px) Image search: [Google]
1384202782776.png
72KB, 393x450px
>>32974135
The difference is I believe people as dense as you exist
>>
>>32974139
Gen 5 was the last good generation imo. All been downhill since then.
>>
>>32974157
"kureusu"/"kureiusu" versus "kurusu"
And the official romanization of the Japanese name is "Lanculus"
>>
>>32974174
There were a couple good designs in Gen 6, but Gen 7 was a mistake.
>>
>>32974204
Gen 6 did have a couple decent designs. Gen 6 was also the last generation I played though. The gen 7 leaks weren't looking great so I just skipped gen 7 entirely.
>>
>>32974221
I played through Sun, hoping that there'd be some redeeming features, but the fact that my least favorite character in the whole series merged with my favorite Gen 7 design ruined the whole experience for me.
>>
>>32974189
What are we arguing again?
Soliosis evolutionary line is not based on an homunculus, if anything it resembles a morula + a brain cell so the whole psychic type makes sense

reuniclus = reunite + nucleus
duosion = duo + (cell) division
solosis = solo + meiosis/mitosis
>>
>>32974291
It doesn't resemble a brain cell, we've passed this. it's just a morula/embryo.
>>
>>32972413
Well, it was true a few years ago before the demographic of the board changed.
>>
>>32972680

can you name even one example of any of this
>>
>>32974888
I think he's playing on emulator
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.