[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>most people that gave the new movie a chance thought it was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

File: moviereview.jpg (438KB, 1277x1041px) Image search: [Google]
moviereview.jpg
438KB, 1277x1041px
>most people that gave the new movie a chance thought it was great
>most people that say they disliked it also spend considerable amounts of time bitching about muh Misty/Brock/Squirtle/Bulbasaur/whatever
I love it.
>>
nostalgia people are weird
>>
Even as a stand-alone movie, this summary sounds way fucked up. What gets me the most is Marshadow having actually killed someone indirectly and gets off scot-free. Reading this shit is practically giving me a headache.
>>
>>32964626
>a short bullet point summary of 2 hour movie being hard to follow means the movie itself is confusing
Anon...
>>
>>32964439
Sauce?
>>
>>32964439
Why do you keep trying to shill this movie so hard? Most people don't even care one way or the other.
>>
>>32964626
Well why would they punish it for killing Ash?
>>
>>32964439
Link?
>>
>>32964668
You cared enough to post :^)
>>
>Pikachu goes in the ball
wat
>>
>>32964752
I did, but most people don't :^)
>>
>>32964668
Cuz I like to see new stuff about pokemon side shit. Stuff that is influenced by the games and lore instead of pandering to 10 yr old japlets
>>
File: Pikachu_ball.png (86KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Pikachu_ball.png
86KB, 320x240px
>>32964797
'Bout damn time.
>>
File: 1588964.gif (613KB, 295x221px) Image search: [Google]
1588964.gif
613KB, 295x221px
>pikachu talks

Talking pokemon always has, is and always will be dumb.
>>
File: HGm1.png (1MB, 1280x1136px) Image search: [Google]
HGm1.png
1MB, 1280x1136px
>>32964869
>>
>>32964869
Technically is telepathy
>>
The summary still sounds like a mess.
>>
>>32964869
Why, because you say so?
>>
>>32964869
Dats right.
>>
And yet Pikapi failed to elaborate on the most important question.

Was Makoto's mother Cynthia?
>>
>>32964869
Saying their names is Even worse
>>
>>32964439
>Gary appears for a few seconds to silently take Squirtle, the mon Ash wanted. This makes it possible for him to appear as Ash's next rival as Cross has been stomped, and Charizard is the only Kanto starter he has.
>Team Rocket does not meet Ash.
>Next year is the 20th anniversary of movie 1.
>No teaser was shown because Frenchfags would spoil it.
If the next film is a continuation of the 2017 movie, the plot should be focused on Ash and Gary taking on Team Rocket for the Viridian City badge. As for the obligatory Gen 7 shilling, have Jessie use UBs in her team. It would make the gym battle more dramatic.

Love how Ash travels solo. It allows for some much needed growth.
>>
File: makoto's mother.jpg (90KB, 1466x136px) Image search: [Google]
makoto's mother.jpg
90KB, 1466x136px
>>32965268
He did in a later edit, actually.
>>
>>32965306
God please no.
No more Kanto shit. I'm sick of this "muh anniversary" meme.
>>
>>32964439
Wait so Cross isn't one of the other two trainers that left Pallet, he's just some random guy that happened to be in Oak's lab that day with his Charmander running around?
>>
File: 7.jpg (1MB, 1727x2688px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
1MB, 1727x2688px
>>32965411
Welcome to last week.
>>
>>32965420
Sorry, guess I'm not cool enough to always be up-to-date with the Pokemon anime.
>>
>>32965335
I see a lot of people saying that Makoto's mom really is Cynthia, though. Has it been 100% confirmed that it's true, or should we wait until screenshots appear?
>>
It would have been crazier if Ash disappeared and then came to the normal universe that we know. but this sounds interesting too.
>>
>>32965306
Honestly I don't get why he gets companions at all in this movie, it doesn't sound like they even do anything.

I really wish the Pokemon movies would stop stuffing themselves full of marketing bullet points that contribute fuckall to its story, then maybe they'd be halfway decent.
>>
>>32965468
Most people saying ANYTHING about this movie haven't actually seen it and are just going off what they read on the Internet.
>>
File: more.jpg (191KB, 1449x419px) Image search: [Google]
more.jpg
191KB, 1449x419px
>>32965481
>>
>>32965501
Thing is, all those things can be done just as well if Ash was alone. Ash can take care of Pokemon himself and he can look on the Pokemon-internets for Ho-oh info if he needs to (and it would fit his character to have those skills anyway).

If they're enjoyable characters then yeah, maybe they justify their existence, but generally speaking the Pokemon movies are sorely lacking in focus because they have characters they "have to" have (legendaries, travel companions etc) and they only run for like just over an hour after you take out the cutemon skits they do at the start.
>>
>>32965572
They need new characters for celebrity cameos to voice. Kanata Hongo's movie role has been pushed extremely hard in the advertising of the movie.
>>
>>32965572
>Pokemon-internets
Nigga, please.
>>
>>32965396
They don't have to continue it as a movie. It could serve as the Gen 7 equivalent of the Mega Evolution Acts.
>>
>>32965599
That's what I mean though...if a character is only in a movie because a celebrity needs a character to voice then its time to go back to the writing room and write a real character.

>>32965608
Well they always have characters look up any info they need on their Pokedexes or whatever other gadget that gen has. Either it has some kind of internet or they pre-install an absurd amount of info onto everything.
>>
File: 1472355537170.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1472355537170.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>32965624
>Mega Evolution Acts.
But the thing is, they tie it to the anime thanks to Alain and Team Flare. If they do that then they have to explain why he's in Kanto again and why's Gary switch back as a trainer?
>>
>>32965663
>?
Sorry, suppose to be a period.
>>
What was the preview of the 21st movie?
>>
>>32965793
lol
>>
>>32965793
There's none.
>>
>>32964439
So basically it's part-Marshadow shilling and part-anime reboot washing itself clean of Shudo's devices.
>>
This movie sounds like it would be a lot better without shilling its yearly mythical. Similar to other Pokemon movies I guess but at least all the rest at least make an attempt to keep the mythical relevant to the story. This movie is supposedly about Ash and Ho-oh but they still shoehorned Marshadow in because money.
>>
>>32965663
I would honestly like to see them go back to Ash's roots like this though. Based on what people online that have proof they really went to this event have been saying, Ash is actually a really competent Trainer in this film.
>>
>>32965481
>>32965572
>Honestly I don't get why he gets companions at all in this movie, it doesn't sound like they even do anything.
>Thing is, all those things can be done just as well if Ash was alone.
Ash is a friendly sociable guy, it would be weird if he never acepted to travel with at least one person for at least a short trip from town to town.

>Ash can take care of Pokemon himself and he can look on the Pokemon-internets for Ho-oh info if he needs to (and it would fit his character to have those skills anyway).
i don't think ash is that capable or smart, especially considering that he was just starting his journey

>>32965848
this, the movie would've been so much better without the random marshadow wanting to fuck up stuff.
i would say that they need to remove the dogs too but at least they're heavily linked to Ho-oh, so it makes sense that we get to see them in this movie...
>>
>>32965866
If that's the case, then the staffs need a seperate team to do a second series of it since we're dealing with a different Ash.
>>
>>32965663
Alternate timelines nigga
>>
>>32965903
The point isn't if Ash traveling with other people is in or out of character, the point is that if the writers want him to have companions they need to think of some way to make them actually relevant instead of them being there because they need a character for a celebrity to voice.

Also it isn't that unbelievable for Ash to be good at taking care of Pokemon or be able to look up info, especially since this is an alternate universe and you can change some things about him. The kid's obsessed with Pokemon, I doubt he wouldn't have taken care a wounded Pokemon before he turned 10 or something or even picked up a book just because he liked the subject a lot. Searching for info on a computer is something anybody can do.
>>
>>32964439
>Pikachu talks
Boy, I am excited to hear Chopper.
>>
>>32966271
I hope Pikachu just sounds like Shota when he talks since its the same VA.

It'd be fun to make stupid theories based off that.
>>
>>32966246
People keep sperging about how amazing Misty and Brock were even though they literally only existed so Ash could have someone to talk to, though.
>>
>>32966302
Is Shota the only other Ohtani character you've heard? That's her standard human male voice.
>>
>>32965903
>i don't think ash is that capable or smart, especially considering that he was just starting his journey
I think this alternate version of Ash is that smart though. Pikapi and the Anon who saw the movie mentioned that Ash was competent throughout the film. This wouldn't be the first time a novice has been shown to be a prodigy of sorts. Just look at Shota and the game protags as they all got far into the badge quest despite it being their first attempt.

It's not a good idea to view the movie 20 Ash and tv anime Ash in the same light. They share the same name, but that's where the similarities end. Think of it as comparing PokeSpe Red to Origins Red as they're very different characters with the same name.
>>
>>32966398
I'm sure I've heard her voice elsewhere, I've just never been the type to look up voices for characters that often.
>>
>>32966463
Chopper from One Piece is her biggest other role. But yeah, all her human male characters sound like that. It's the voice Pikachu will have too.
>>
>>32966390
People are just functioning off their memories of the TV show, where having more characters works because you can have different episodes be about different characters. In truth they were mostly useless characters in the movies, yeah. If they hadn't been named Misty or Brock (or whatever companions Ash was traveling that given season) you could probably remove all these characters from the movies and they'd work just as well with some minor rewriting. The most hilarious semi-exception is probably the Manaphy movie where its like the movie is setting itself up for May to be the hero, but then Ash got to be the hero at the end for some reason.
>>
File: pokemon-sol-luna.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sol-luna.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>32964439
So in the end this guy did end up being evil incarnate, huh.
>>
>>32966246
>The point isn't if Ash traveling with other people is in or out of character, the point is that if the writers want him to have companions they need to think of some way to make them actually relevant instead of them being there because they need a character for a celebrity to voice.

Well, I have not seen the movie, but for the summary (if we assume everything it's true) the Legendary beasts appear because Soji's wish was to see them becase reasons... also they're link to Ho-oh lore and the producers needed to promote Gold & Silver releases on the 3DS, so they manage to make his existence in the movie relevant to a certain extent.

Makoto on the other hand... well, they needed a girl in the group, I guess.
>>
>>32966697
Marshadow, no!
>>
>>32964439
This seems overloaded, but I'm actually a bit hyped. I have mixed feelings but yet I'm confident this will be interesting.
>>
>>32966271
>Chopper
>Not Gash Bell
Get a load of this pleb
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.