[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your first reaction? What were your thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2397.jpg (597KB, 1595x902px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2397.jpg
597KB, 1595x902px
What was your first reaction? What were your thoughts?
>>
First reaction - "Hey, coming off of Black/White this could be amazing!"

After Playing - "What the fuck was that mess? At least it's got good online navigation"
>>
I was like 16 and was fairly new to Pokémon at the time.

I thought they were fake and kind of was disappointed that they switched to 3d.

After a lot of thought and debate, I actually quite like them, even with a lack of content and severely underwhelming story. I think they would have been better if they just didn't have a story at all, and that's coming from someone whose fav games are BW1.

The starters are the best trio we've ever had though imo, and even though the number of mons is pitiful, I still like a good chunk of what we got.

Overall, pleasant. I like it better than some older gens we had.
>>
>>32960021
First Reaction: Well how bad can it be?

After Playing: Well it wasn't as good as Black and White 2 but I had fun, I'll probably replay it soon.
>>
>>32960021
HOLY SHIT POKEMON IN 3D!!!
>>
File: 1497848515778.png (639KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497848515778.png
639KB, 1280x720px
>I love how it looks, this is exactly the style I wanted them to do for 3D, probably gonna be shit like RS, DP, and BW1 though
>oh hey, this is the first Pokemon game since GSC that I really love the look of, the multiplayer's pretty good too, and the region and story elements have a lot of potential if they expand on them more, I hope a X2Y2 or Z happens so it becomes genuinely good
>>
I'm always excited for more Pokemon.
I've sincerely disliked the lack of polish in XY, ORAS and SM, although I've had fun in ORAS that I hadn't had since HGSS.

What got me in the mood for XY was the 3D implementation, but as I was playing, I noticed it wasn't all that different.
There's only a few Pokemons from that gen I still like.

ORAS>SM>XY

>>32960041
The starters are shit mate
>>
>>32960021
First reaction - "SAINTE MÈRE D'ARCEUS ! FINALLY, A REGION BASED ON MY MIGHTY NATION !"
>>
>first thoughts:
Oh shit, Pokemon in 3D!
>final thoughts
What a fucking unfinished, barebones disappointment of a game.
>>
>>32960021
hnnn... nnnnnggggh...

nnnnNNNNGGGGGHHH---

PLOP! TTTHRRRPRPRPPHPHPRRRRRRBRBRRRRRRRFFFFFTTTTT!!!

FFFRRRRFRFRPPFHFFHFFHFFRRRburrblrburbrlebeuburbrrrburrbuebelerburble

BRFFTTTTT

PHHRHTTTT- PFFPFFFFF-BUBRBURBLBURBLEBURBLRBUEBLUBLLBUUBRBRRrbrburblrbfffbffrffff

ppfftt... brrghgrrFFFBBHHBFHRRRRTTTTT

FFFFF- GURGLGRUURbuburubruburblebubrbur-PLOP-PLOP-PLOP-PLOP... PLOP...

nngghhhhh... ngAAahh!!!...

nnhhHNNGGGGHH- THTHHRRRPRPTPHHHFFTTTgurgurburubrburburblebublburbububr- plip-plip drip...drip...

uhh.. Yaagh! jesus... ngggh...

NGGUUHH!! FRRFRRRRRPPPHHTTTTT... hngh... PLOP! SPLASH!

hhh.... hhh....

hhhuuuuhhh... fuck....

ugh...

*flush*

this is what I think of XY
>>
File: image.png (273KB, 473x453px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
273KB, 473x453px
>>32960041
>The starters are the best trio we've ever had though
Greninja is p cool I guess, but Delphox is mediocre at best and whatever the fuck Chespin's final evo is called again is absolute shite.

I actually cannot comprehend why anyone would prefer these over the Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh starters. All the others I can understand. I don't agree, but I at least understand. But putting Kalos as the best starter trio? Neck yourself right now.
>>
>>32960021
First reaction : wow pokémon finally looks nice, i guess it's time to play it again

Afterthoughts : This is my favorite gen
>>
>>32960104
Johto is my second favorite trio.

Hoenn seems kind of boring to me, but they're not bad by any means. Blaziken is my favorite Fire starter, actually, even.

Sinnoh I dislike though, I used to like Torterra but his design seems... iffy to me nowadays. I've grown to love Empoleon and hare Infernape. Take it as you will.

I like the gen 6 starters because:
1) their base forms are not displeasing and show their elements well, and don't feel like they have elements that are tacked-on.
2) their middle stages have a lot of personality (without feeling like individuals rather than a species) and are vastly different from their first and final stages. Quilladin is iffy, but I like it in a group shot with Chespin and Chesnaught.
3) their final stages have multiple origins that are all fairly clearly demonstrated, and all have dynamic designs that encapsulate the types they have obtained. Additionally, their theme works REALLY well as a group and putting them together, you see the ideas that went into it. Their silhouettes are also very striking.
>>
>>32960085
would be hard to do a copy of you
>>
>>32960104
>there are people on this board who hate based Chesnaught but tolerate the fucking atrocity that is Delphox
>>
>>32960213
>>32960104
>there are people who don't let people like and dislike whatever imaginary monsters they like or dislike and parade their own opinions as the hard fact
>>
>>32960041
>>32960104
>>32960213
>>32960220
>there are people who don't let people like and dislike other people's likes and dislikes on whatever imaginary monsters they like or dislike and parade their own opinions on liking and disliking as the hard fact
>>
>>32960229
>there are people on this board
>>
>>32960213
>>32960220
>>32960229
Liking Shitnaught
>>
>>32960231
>this is a board
>>
>>32960233
>STILL disliking Basednaught
>>
>>32960249
>this is a thread
>>
>>32960256
>What the hell are we doing of our lives
>>
>>32960256
>this is your thread on memes
>>
>>32960258
idk for you but i'm cleaning my house
>>
File: pokemonxy-chespin.png (122KB, 578x322px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonxy-chespin.png
122KB, 578x322px
>>32960021
When I first saw this little guy... I knew I had seen one of my favorite pokemon of all time. He's still in my top 5 to this day.
>>
>>32960021

I was sort of mad because I remember saying "you are literally retarded if you think this late night pokemon direct is going to be gen 6, it's probably going to be some shitty spinoff, screencap this" and it turned out to be gen 6.

Also the overworld was ugly as fuck and I knew it wouldn't change that much even though people constantly screamed "IT'S JUST A BETA VERSION, RETARD!"
>>
>>32960021
When i heard the first themes...

....Shota Kegeyama is shit
>>
>>32960021
Before
>Fuck, where are my Gen V remakes of RSE?
After
>These are actually more fun than ORAS, why do people hate them? Let's hope they get polished by a third version
>>
>>32960021
first pokemon game since Gold (Played it on GBC)

I thought it was fun, but then I decided to backtrack, so over time I saved up a lot of money and bought all the gens. XY paled in comparison massively, but i will never forget that nostalgic feel of picking up Pokemon for the first time in years. I was taken aback by the 3D, but I eased into it.

Personally, I thought the region was actually quite good in some areas, its just the things connecting those areas being a mess. Soundtrack was wonderful.

I played B2/W2, and HGSS, and though this game is pretty bad in comparison, like i said, it still feels semi-nostalgic 4 years ago.
>>
At first, I thought that a fully 3D Pokemon game was mindblowing, and it still kinda is

I don't really like X and Y though because of its EXTREME hand-holding
>>
>>32960021
My first reaction was hype. Unfortunately, after seeing Megas and then the finished game and dex I was so disappointed I dropped the series after having skipped Gen 5 as well. While admittedly it isn't as strong as before, SM made me regain my love for the franchise.
>>
>>32960021
>titles revealed
>itsfuckingnothing.jpg
>starters and box legends revealed
>man two mammals for a second gen in a row haha, hope they have more diversity soon
>all look ok, but frog is coolest
>nobody likes frog
>oh
>box legends are busy, but kinda neat
wasn't around for a lot of the pre release stuff, mostly busy with non pokemon related things
>mega evolution
>what the fuck, how does that work
>Kanto starters all look great though, they even fixed venusaur
>middle evos revealed
>everyone jumps ship onto team frog
fast forward further
>oh shit, I hope that Aztec eagle warrior fucker turns out to be real, he's cool
>ugly barnacle got memed into the game
>what the fuck happened to my frog
>what the fuck happened to the other two
>get game
>first 20 mins
>"wow, everything looks so nice in 3d"
>everything after
>I hate these faggots
>coconut head
>fatass
>thirsty bitch
>"brb killing myself" rival
>prof is cool
>golly gee I wonder who the villain is
etc.
I unironically liked ORAS more, there was no BF, but the breeding was the best it's ever been, secret bases and Hoenn in general are still good, dex nav is flawed but great. Everything else that got cut bar the BF was either something I never used (berry mixing or whatever, the shitty slots when it was easier to buy the currency) or something that was obnoxious (safari zone). Not as good as HGSS, but not as bad as everyone memes them to be.
XY are the least I have ever enjoyed any mainline pokemon game.
>>
>>32960021
My first playthrough I had a lot of fun with it and was really hyped due to the massive regional dex and the fantastic early game.
But my second and third playthroughs were more critical as I started to notice more of the games issues, and that the regional dex was actually too big.I didn't realize that some pokemon were even in the regional dex until my third playthrough cause I never saw them in my previous two.

In the end XY are probably my least liked mainline game, though I still like the games. I don't think I'll playthrough them again anytime soon, not even the respective romhacks.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.