[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people actually have any valid reasons for hating Gen 5?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 8

File: pokemon-black-white-release.jpg (67KB, 550x243px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-black-white-release.jpg
67KB, 550x243px
For all the haters, give me one valid reason and not something of your shit tastes of what makes Gen 5 the worst gen iyso...
>>
pay to win dlc
>>
>>32959832
The fact that you can't breed till post game in BW2 pisses me off. That's about it. I obviously don't hate them, though.
>>
The Pokemon are ugly and/or are rehashes of Gen I Pokemon
The region is a boring circle
The graphics are ugly
>>
>>32959837
why would you breed before the post game
>>
>>32959832
Don't hate them but it is one of the gens I have no real desire to replay for some reason.

I like the mons and the story, but there was something about the flow of the game I guess? Hard to say.
>>
>>32959832
there are no good reasons for gen 5 being the worst gen
gen 5 has flaws but it is far from the worst
>>
>>32959838
>hating every single one of an entire generation of 156 Pokémon
Either bait or a moron who should just leave the games for his own good
>>
>>32959840
Cause I want to, and always have been able to. And fuck a Jap that thinks it should be any other way 3 games after we started this breeding stuff.
>>
Only negative is no L=A. Everything else is best in the series
>>
>>32959838

This and

>Pokétch is removed and replaced with something completely worthless
>Only side content, musicals are devoid of actual gameplay
>Half the content isn't actually on the cart, but on your PC's browser.
>>
>>32959850
You couldn't in FRLG either
>>
>>32959832
So easy:

> It completely excluded Pokémon from the previous 4 Generations, by trying to replace them with horrible copycats.
> The majority of the mons are ugly and object-like, with boring design and dull colors (try to look to 1st Gen 'mons all together and then look at that grey-dark blue-brown stain of the 5th Gen cluster.
> Vanilluxe, Garbodor, Klinklang lines.
> The back sprites were horrible as fuck.
>>
>DUDE LET'S TIE CONTENT TO A BAD BROWSER GAME THAT WON'T EVEN BE ACCESSIBLE IN THREE YEARS
I will literally never play the game again for this reason alone. Everything else is icing on the cake, and man, there's a lot of icing.
>>
>>32959832
Hydreigon and Volcarona redeem gen 5 of every questionable design, of which there aren't that many
>>32959897
>Hating Vanilluxe
kys yourself
>>
>>32959947
>Literally can't even grow berries anymore
What we're they thinking?
>>32959897
Hey, Trubbish and Garbodor are cute and very fitting, the other two I admit don't convince me too much.
>>
>>32959832
N
>>
>>32959897
"horrible copycats" > originals most of the time imo

Roggenrola line > Geodude line
Drilbur line > Diglett line (and/or Sandshrew)
Throh/Sawk > Hitmons
Tympole line > Poliwag line (a lot of people hate Palpitoad and Seismitoad but I think they're cute)
Klink line > Magnemite line
Purrloin line > Meowth line
Frillish line > Tentacool line
[exceptions: Zubat line > Woobat line and Machop line > Timburr line]

obv not all of them but if you compare them as two similar designs I like the gen 5 ones better overall. Plus, I never understood this whole concept of "It's already taken, they can't make any more" or w/e. Like, we can have 10 diff cat mons, nothing's stopping us. It might get old eventually, but how many jellyfish do we have now? How many moles? etc. It's not really an issue imo.

Not going to say anything about your other points, just wanted to present my opinion.
>>
>>32960029
I'm getting tired of this copycat meme.
Timburr and Machop are diferent pokemon that share a niche, THAT'S IT.

By that logic, Glameow is a clone of Meowth, Burmy is a clone of Pineco, Combee is a Magneton/Beedril clone

Same animal =/= clone
Jesu christ, grow up people
>>
>>32959838
>The region is a boring circle
at least it' better than 4 very small islands.
>>
>>32960052
Pineco doesn't have 4 evolutions anon, burmy does, albeit 3 simular evolutions with different types.
>>
>>32960029
>Click here
dude, you can say that about any generation and most new Pokemon... Especially gen 3.
>>
>>32959897
>replaced them with horrible copycats

Stopped reading there. Gen. 5 introduced some original Pokemon too. Stop being biases and look at the big picture.
>>
>>32959897
>> It completely excluded Pokémon from the previous 4 Generations
>implying that's a bad thing
>>
>>32959832
It has a good story.

Counts as a valid reason in the pokemon fanbase.
>>
>>32960780
They're both bagworms.
So your retarded logic applies here.
>>
>>32960805
>gen 3
what

I'm going to be honest, Roggenrola and Timburr are really clones.
>>
OP here. So what I'm getting at is, people would rather nitpick and hate on the small negative things it might've done instead of the vast improvements it made?
The region being a circle never made sense to me and even then, that only really applied to BW. Even though most (if not all) routes had diverging paths that make it non linear?
And why is them releasing so many Pokemon seen as something bad? When people nowadays complain about the lack of introduced Pokemon? And "rehashes" have always been a thing. Why single out Gen 5?
And half its content tied into browser? Lmao what?
Basically, what I'm getting at is no one has any valid reasons for their hatred but instead they hate it because people love and adore Gen 5? Hmmm
>>
>>32959897
>> It completely excluded Pokémon from the previous 4 Generations, by trying to replace them with horrible copycats
Bet you liked Kalos you fucking fag
It was a breath of fresh air, new pokemon everywhere. The one thing I hate in pokemon is seeing either wingull/pidgey/zigzagoon fucking everywhere in a new gen like fuck off.
>>
>>32959832
No ribbons.
>>
>>32961088
It's just a meme, they're not reashes, they're diferent pokemon with a similarity.
Thor/Sawk share a similarity with the hitmons, but they're not clones in any way.
Clones = Identical copy
You have to be retarded to think they're identical.

>>32961103
GEN IX might be a big gen (120 new pokemon).
GEN VIII is probs going to be like XY or SM.

i think GEN IX having 120 new mons suprise fans.
>>
>>32959832
>iyso
What is iyso
>>
>>32959832
Gen V is my favorite generation by a long shot. That being said it has some glaring flaws I can point out:
The pointless online bullshit, designed to use through your browser and pokemon account. Yeah sure, that won't date the game AT ALL. The bottom screen has skins, which is nice, but again they need to use a browser and account to take full advantage of. This is still a problem with modern games, but it isn't as bad anymore.
It pushes features on you that only the DSi could use. I never had one and therefore missed out on a (albeit small) feature of a game on a console that I own.
You could also argue that the shape of the map is a bit stupid, the whole circular design didn't actually detract from the quality of the routes much, but it was a bit annoying to look at. B2W2 did fix and how, they did an amazing job of remaking the sameish world. This ties into point 1, the constant reminder of a dumb, DOA feature.

Lots of people complain about the whole "new 150 pokemon" and not being able to catch your old favorites. These people are dumb.
>>
>>32959832
The Pokemon selection in early BW (until at least Pinwheel Forest) was possibly the least likeable in the series

BW2 completely fixed that though, so still not a valid reason to hate the entire gen
>>
>>32961172
Those people should stuck with HGSS forever honestly
>>
>>32961185
>scraggy
>blitzle
>audino

I really liked some of the early game mons, anon.
B2W2 was even better though, even if they did throw you a few overpowered pokemon right away. I ran a B2W2 blind nuzlock when it came out and always seemed to have strong pokemon.
>>
I ordered a copy of White a week ago. Super hyped. I jumped from 3rd gen to 6th but always wanted to try the rest, especially 5th.

It seems 5th has a lot of great designs and I like the amount of new mons. For me this is the reason I play the games,
>>
>>32959832
>terrible mon designs, the worst in the franchise
>introduced the cancerous trend of npcs stopping you every 10 steps and not shutting the fuck up
>emphasis on story when the story was garbage and story in general does not belong in pokemon games
>getting hidden abilities was absolute cancer before xy
>p2w dlc for vgc players
>>
File: IMG_0154.jpg (45KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0154.jpg
45KB, 250x272px
>>32961228
>terrible mon designs, the worst in the franchise
>>
>>32961225
If you've got an open mind, GenV is a very strong contender. Unfortunately you're missing out on all its features though, it has a browser tie-in game for HAs (this used to be the only way to get them) and I'm pretty sure it's shut down now.
If you're just playing it for the funsies you can basically ignore browser forest, though. They don't really push it on you too much, it's more intended as a feature to keep you invested when it was the current gen pokemon game. GTS is also kil, but again, that's not too big of a deal unless you're planning on playing for a lengthy period of time.
>>
>>32961235
The intent was clearly quantity, not quality. A majority of the designs are obvious rehashes of the original pokemon, completely forgettable, or terrible and ugly/lazy in their own right.
Obviously there are exceptions, like Eelektross, Chandelure, and Zekrom, but the sheer number of bad designs far outweighs the few good ones.
>>
The biggest problem BW as games had was that that the designers weren't willing to break away from standard Pokemontropes with their entirely new region. Rather than try and make an entirely unique feeling region of Pokemon that defied the usual trends, they made far too many copycats of "roles" they felt NEEDED to be filled in a Pokemon game.

BW's designs are amazing when they aren't designs meant to fill a "role"
Chandelure, Ferrorthorn, Scraggy, Crustle,Escalavier, Volcarona, etc.

It's just brought down by needing to have what were clearly "replacements" because they weren't willing build a game around new standards without having certain fallbacks
>>
>>32961103
Of course i did, whiny kid.
>>
File: IMG_0215.jpg (671KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0215.jpg
671KB, 2000x2000px
>>32961258
>A majority of the designs are obvious rehashes of the original pokemon,
>majority

See pic. Not denying there are rehashes but saying they make up the majority is false.

>completely forgettable, or terrible and ugly/lazy in their own right.

Subjective as hell.
>>
>>32960029
>Drillbur

See, that's where you're wrong, because you had to list two separate Pokemon as a copycat, which if you do that means it's neither.

I agree with you on the others, but Drillbur and Excadrill are both distinct enough to be considered their on. Otherwise you might as well call Chandleure a Gengar ripoff because it's a 3 stage Ghost type.
>>
>>32961302
And even theese aren't that bad.
I mean each gen has a Pidgey, Caterpy, Pikachu and Rattata rehashes. Horse and Zebra are just similar so not neccesarily a rehash. Fighting mons are just that - Fighting. Same for Ghost.

I can maybe agree with Muk, Tentacruel and Fro' Bison but come on, ofcourse other regions will have similar mons in place of others. Either that or a Regional Form
>>
>>32959832
>Cringy story
>Start of the games having cutscenes everywhere
>Start of Gyms turning from puzzles to just mazes
>Can't obtain the hidden ability shit anymore
>Forcing you to use the Pokemovie shit
>Weather Wars ruined the meta
>Gyms using fucking Double Team
>Only a few gems are found in the shit roster
>>
>>32959832
weather wars
pokemon designs
almost nothing change from gen 4
>>
>>32960029
>Klink line > Magnemite line
>Frillish line > Tentacool line
I'd disagree with this one
>>
>>32961302
Perhaps I'll rephrase; imitations, literal whos, and ugly/lazy designs constituted a majority of the new Pokemon.

There's things like munna, the drowzee knockoff no one asked for. There's things like maractus, forgettable shitmons that exist just to be dex filler. There's things like heatmor that are ridiculously ugly and suck even in-game, giving no justification for their existence. There's things like the oft-cited vanilluxe, which is literally just an inanimate object with eyes slapped on that doesn't even have an arguably creative concept. Then there's things like the elemental monkeys, the epitome of lazy and terrible design. And finally, there's the klink line, which is all of the above rolled into one and is the worst pokemon to ever exist.

You'll find there are far more Gen 5 Pokemon that fall into the above categories than not.
>>
>>32959832
Whilst I liked the overworld graphics/aesthetic, the battle graphics, pokedex, c-gear etc etc was just appalling. The sprite work was shocking. It really ruined what would have otherwise have been a great game. I didn't understand all that entralink bull either.
>>
>>32961380
>weather wars
Are you implying that wasn't the most fun meta, Anon?
>>
>>32959832
It's the only game I never finished first try (had to come back later)
the graphics are... iffy. if you got back, gen IV has aged far better than gen V.
the pokemon were about average, but there were almost no old pokemon at all.
Alomomola isn't a luvdisc evolution.
>>
>>32961461
...yes.

Are you retarded?
>>
File: 1499170375677s.jpg (7KB, 250x177px) Image search: [Google]
1499170375677s.jpg
7KB, 250x177px
>>32961258
>>The original pokemon.
>Implying every pokemon after gen 1 is not original.
kys.
>>
>>32961990
he is not implying that faglord
>>
Reasons why BW1 is hated.

1. Awful starters.
2. You're literally front loaded with shitty Pokemon designs. 90% of them will be shit until you reach the fucking 2nd Gym city.
3. Late game Pokemons level of evolution weren't balanced based on feasibility, but based on Gamefreak thinking still having first stage Pokemon you can catch in their 40s and still get to evolve was important when all it did was make you not want to use those Pokemon if you couldn't find them evolved.
4. Began that 3 POKEMON FOR A GYM LEADER ONLY FINAL DESTINATION TREND
>>
>>32959955
>Hydreigon
>Good design
There are so many Pokemon in this gen to pick from adn you pick one of the ugliest ? Bisharp, Golurk, Jellicent, Galvantula, Scolipede, so many cool designs and you picked muppet hands, go fuck yourself
>>
>>32960029
>Frillish line better than the Tentacool line
>Klink line better than the Magnemite line
I can semi agree with the rest but you are just plain wrong with these
>>
>>32961258
>A majority of the designs are obvious rehashes of the original pokemon, completely forgettable, or terrible and ugly/lazy in their own right.
So like every generation?
>>
>>32961369
If anything, weather wars made the meta more dynamic as ons that were good before were still strong and mons that had weather niches could shine, it was also much more fast paced, unlike the current meta we have that relys way too heavily on stalling out opponents, the true shitty meta was 4drag2mag
>>
>>32961225
When you get to gen IV, do yourself a favour and play Platinum, not Diamond or Pearl.
>>
>>32961051
>Pineco
>Bagworm
Anon, it's okay to be wrong sometimes.
>>
>>32962511
Pineco is a bagworm, what are you talking about?.
>>
Loved most things about BW but I don't really ever have a desire to replay them.

I was never a fan of the region, and it has nothing to do with the "it's just a circle" meme. I just never really cared for it, I guess.
>>
>>32962511
I love when people try to be assholes and correct others when they're wrong themselves.
>>
>>32961228
>p2w dlc for vgc players
Explain this.
>>
>>32959838
>>32959838
>The Pokemon are ugly and/or are rehashes of Gen I Pokemon
Not a valid reason. Try harder.
>The region is a boring circle
Implying that Kanto and Johto weren't circular in progression. Unova is literally a fucking circle, but that is still not a valid reason to hate the B/W games.
>The graphics are ugly
To each his own. That's pretty subjective.

Honestly, Gen V wasn't my favorite gen. It had some graphical issues, the story can be hit or miss, the c-gear sucks ass, your rivals in B/W are annoying at best, the fact that most of the unlockable content isn't in game but rather on other applications as >>32959884 point out. You may very well complain and elaborate on these points, but instead you chose to speak out of your opinionate ass and pull out criticism we've heard a million times before, not even good ones.
>>
>>32961302
>Crustle,Jellicent,Kingklang,Zebstrika,Gardobor,Stouland,Sweeadle,Lampent,Seismitoad.
>Clones

We have another faggot that doesnt understand
>>
>>32963189
in bw2 the only way to get lando-t was to buy a 3ds and dream radar and no one was going to be winning any matches in vgc12 without lando-t
>>
File: IMG_0220.jpg (21KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0220.jpg
21KB, 250x238px
>>32961380
>mentions Pokemon designs but is too lazy to go into detail
>implying the game mechanics needed any major changes

Here's your (You)
>>
>>32959832
imo here are some valid reasons to dislike BW
>no old mons (B2W2 changes this)
>potentially overbearing story and characters
>region is a circle with mostly straightforward routes (B2W2 kinda fixes this and I admit there are optional areas to explore)
>repeated formula again (this is more for people who don't play Pokemon religiously)
>>
>>32963382
I love how GEN V haters doesn't get that being based on the same animal =/= clone.

The only clones in GEN V are Roggenrola,Timburr,Munna and Thor/Sawk
>>
>>32959832

it was super epik indeed xD

wanted to let you know i really liked le badass dragon and wtf was the story theme even about haha

i just like le badass dragons for the ftw (slang internet term for for the win, sorry for using so many for)

and basically lot of cool mons, like literally cool liek ice creams even if some mons were actual garbage but N is a cool guy

so he used a cool ice cream mon but also dark lucario (btw not a real lucario, an illusion, he actually used lucario's biggest enemy)

also this game had hmmm...

can i talk about this in here? o.O very mature themes sorry...

ok i will, these games had p*dophilia, h*mosexuality luna parks, tr*nsg*nders, bla*k people, war and

pokemon biting their trainers but also dangerous ninjas and wtf literally nazi scientist on space pirate ships like in those epik hollywood movies i watch and ughhh...

another super epic part was a mega castle coming from nowhere because just lol magic and no other reason haha and basically wow

wait...and hmmm...b**bs and hot girls with almost no clothes >.<
>>
>>32963509

my favorite part of these games was levelling up utter shimtons and ugly looking mons until level 50 and higher

hoping they get better but lol i got trolley'd everytime and they evolved into worse looking mons lmao

i got prank'd by nintendo again haha like that time i also bought the sequels that are not remakes btw ok?

you know i will be honest i fucking h*te genwunners and others gen because basically they ruined pokemon forever until unova was announced

people be asking me yeah no okay?!! what about the pwt?!!

truly ignorant and uneducated people...just because they used previous games characters doesn't mean it's pandering

btw trust me i'm not saying i liked those trainers because they used terrible pokemon from awful generations and not superior gen 5 ones

however i still think pwt was literally the number best feature and basically epik because recycled old sprites and therefore

their teams are super better and different from what a npc with same pokemon would have been

uh? did i tell you these games were like ultra technologic and basically a real future but in the present because lot of internet wifi features that were the post game?

that's right i liked this part because those mega funny games and apps reminded me of the facebook minigames hehe i'm sad they are not accessible anymore now whatever! :C

last thing, to the dumb people saying lenora was a bla*k...no! she is not, she was actually just tanned and covered in dirt because she is an archelogist stupids!

i rate those games epik / 100 but -1 point because luvdisc didn't evolve into alomololoma
>>
File: what.gif (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
4KB, 400x400px
>>32963401
>implying i need to give details
>impyling I was talking about game mechanics
>>
>>32963665

Nice deflection.
>>
>>32959840
To trade with friends.
>>
>People unironically complain about the lack of old pokemon before postgame
And then you fucks whine because pokemon never changes. I for one welcomed this breath of fresh air.
>>
>>32963509
>>32963521
tfw being this try hard
>>
>>32963851
tfw can't even counter argument him because in the end you know he's right
being a whiny fifth gen abort must be suffering
>>
File: 12871372175.png (147KB, 457x457px) Image search: [Google]
12871372175.png
147KB, 457x457px
>>32963851
didn't try as hard as whoever has worked on unova games in my opinion lmao
>>
>>32963918
there's no need to give a counterargument because he didn't make an argument
>>
>>32959832
I can see people hating it for the lack of appealing Pokemon, but overall it really isn't that bad. Loved the characters and region itself, which is usually enough to make me like a Pokemon game.
XY, however...
>>
>>32959843
This. I feel like Gen 5 has such a slow beginning. I also didn't really find Bianca and Cheren likeable, and felt they were kind of flat. Your real rival was just a deranged hippie, and a lot of the towns and cities felt bland. Castelia City for example, is meant to be NYC, but all it is is maybe one front section, one back section, four alleys, and the path to Route 4. Black City is fucking huge, but barren as shit.
>>
>>32964143
"i don't have any so i will pretend there were no arguments"
what a shocking turn out
>>
>>32964270
ok what were his arguments
>>
>>32959955
>claims that two pokemon redeem all of gen V.
>lists two of gen V's worst designs.

you're not very bright, are you?
>>
>>32961395
The weird thing is, those mons you listed - I like all of them. My girlfriend likes them too, actually. There's something called "subjective opinion." Just because you don't like them doesn't make them worthless. Right now, Maractus is my GF's favorite mon. What happens if it gets removed, as some people seem to want (not saying you want it removed, but people of your opinion might want to.) She would lose her favorite mon for no reason. See what I mean? They're not worthless.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.