[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discussion/Speculation on the gen 8 battle gimmick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_2395.jpg (25KB, 691x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2395.jpg
25KB, 691x281px
I feel like it will be something that all Pokémon will have access to and it will be more balanced than mega evolutions.
>>
>>32959222
Fusion Pokemon.

FUND IT
>>
>>32959222
Shut the fuck up, bitch. This is a dead board. I'd rather have the shit flinging of Sun and Moon's hype season than this boring slog of a board that's only fucking generals and the same shit posted over and over again. You might as well move to /v/, cunt. There has been almost no fucking OC from this place in months. Fuck this shitty as board and fuck you, you fucking 30 year old man still playing a goddamn children's game.
>>
I don't think anything we come up with will compare in how unimaginative and disappointing the real thing will be.
>>
>>32959222

Probably won't happen, but I keep wanting a signature move slot for every pokemon. This would be a fifth moveslot that each species would get and is fitting for them. It could be used for balancing purposes (strong pokemon get meh moves, and shitty pokemon get free hydro pumps/brave birds/etc).

Every diglet would know dig for example. Spore would now become a free moveslot for parasect. interesting utility moves that would be fun to use but are never worth the precious 4 moveslots could be integrated into the metagame more, like vivillon with powder.
>>
>>32959231
is this a pasta

it looks like a pasta
>>
>>32959231
This. The truth hurts.
>>
>>32959227
How would that work?
>>
Something involving Switching your Pokemon, perhaps a "super switch" that can let you heal the Pokemon, or give the one coming in a stat boost, or whatever, but only once per battle

But yeah I am fully expecting the mechanic to be a pun on the system itself
>>
I could see >>32959250
or something like "equiping" some passives, but not like abilities.
Would add a pretty straightforward layer of complexity, whithout actually making it too complex. Probably. Also an easy way to make even more variety in builds, or min/max everything.
>>
A Plus mode and a Minus mode for Pokemon. Bitch versions of mega evolution, would function somewhat like passive "fifth move slot" stuff earlier anons mentioned.

Plus mode being a straight boost to a few specific stats but functioning like a life orb in terms of HP cost

Minus mode could subtract from a few stats and add those points to others

>inb4 shit names

No fucking way, I hadn't noticed.

But if we're gonna get them as names it'll be on the Switch
>>
It's going to be called
Pokemon Plus and Minus
or
Pokemon Violet and Orange
>>
>>32959231
>I'd rather have the shit flinging of Sun and Moon's hype season
SM's hype season was the fucking best though
>>
>>32961189
>Violet and Orange
Those sound retarded. GF is delving away from colors and minerals. On and Off, Zero and Infinite, or Dusk and Dawn is more suitable for their standards nowadays
>>
>>32959231
>OCs
Isn´t edits fall in this category?
>>
An entire franchise reboot with stats, typing, and moves reworked on every Pokemon. I don't want this a new addition to battles every generation. It will get messy.
>>
>>32959222

There will be more than 10 new Pokémon introduced.
>>
File: Fool.png (193KB, 478x365px) Image search: [Google]
Fool.png
193KB, 478x365px
>>32961791
>>
>>32961308
>He wasn't here for the gen 5 hype season
>>
>>32961189
Pokemon Virus
Pokemon Vaccine
>>
File: Wonder_Launcher.png (535KB, 980x840px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder_Launcher.png
535KB, 980x840px
We had an exaggerated version of gems, now they're going to give us an improved wonder launcher.

>charges every time you defeat an opponent
>max 3 charges, you start with one
>doesn't waste a turn when used
>1 charge - mid recovery, remove stat decrease, recover ailments
>2 charges - Full recovery, 1 level single stat increase, recover all team ailments
>3 charges - Full restore, Revive an ally with half health, 3 level single stat increase

Something like that.
>>
>>32959222
Super Abilities. Each evolutionary line has its own unique super ability. The catch is that it requires them to hold a special item. Unlike Z-moves and mega evolution however, multiple Pokemon can make use of super abilities at once. Super abilities do not override the Pokemon's ability, so they will effectively have two abilities at once.
>>
>>32961966
We digimon now
>>
Pokemon will now have specialities that allow them to specialize in certain niches. Each pokemon will have six specialities from which they may choose one in battles. In order to unlock a speciality slot, the player must complete a "speciality quest" with that Pokemon (for example, a gauntlet where they must single handedly defeat six Legendary Pokemon). Specialities can be repicked and changed any time, allowing players to experiment with them to see which speciality best fits their Pokemon. No need to inject or breed a new one because you accidentally gave them the wrong speciality.
Once they've unlocked the speciality slot, it will be unlocked for that Pokemon species and its pre-evos/evos forever, so no need to grind for speciality slots over and over with each Pokemon from that family. So by completing a Speciality Quest with Charizard, all of your Charmanders, Charmeleons and Charizards will have their speciality slot unlocked too.
Specialities vary from basic and boring (+10 speed, resistance to one specific type, 10% bonus damage with punching moves, stuff like that) to specialized and more interesting (signature move gains new property, auto-leech seed when sent out, all super effective attacks also heal the user)
As an example, here's what Charizard's specialities could look like.
>+10 Attack and +10 Sp.Attack
>Speed increased by one stage during harsh sunlight
>Gains the Sturdy effect against Rock type moves
>Fire type moves now super effective against Rock type Pokemon
>If KO'd, Charizard will be revived with 25% HP remaining
>Mega Evolution will heal Charizard by 50% of its missing HP
All pre-gen 8 Pokemon transferred to gen 8 will have their speciality slot unlocked by default, but the player must still complete the speciality quest if they want to use specialities for non-transferred mons.
The first Speciality Quest will be one with the player's starter pokemon mid story to give them a taste for the new battle gimmick.
>>
File: tumblr_londrdWIak1qg3mgs.png (100KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_londrdWIak1qg3mgs.png
100KB, 500x489px
>>32959227
I actually thought about this, and even though it may sound cool, it would be TERRIBLE if GF implemented it. There'll be limitations between which pokés could merge with. Plus, the stats and typing would be a mess to determine too. I think the most likely feature to use now is synchro, as people speculated for Gen 7. But if it were up to my opinion, I think we don't need any more battle gimmicks, desu.
>>
>>32959248
/thread
>>
>>32962137
>gamefreak steals ideas from /v/ermin
>>
>>32959222
Fifth move slot, the pokemon needs to held a item to get the slof
>>
>>32959222
War Battles
6 vs 6
>>
>>32962584
Meh, I actually like the new battke gimmicks. We have been getting a new one sense gen 2 and they always add too the battle. If we didn't have bew battle gimmicks, people would start to get bored after a while.
>>
File: giphy.gif (201KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
201KB, 320x180px
>>32959222
Herro, and wercome to another Nintendo Direct. Our friends in the pokemon company have been hard at work on the new pokemon games--pokemon tragedy and pokemon tragedy--for the Nintendo Switch. We would now rike to take this time to show you some of the features for the new games.

As you can see, this new region is unrike any before. Don't pay attention to the tall snowy montains this game is totally not a Sinnoh ripoff rike Arora was to Hoenn. Meet the new heroes of the games.... ah, yes... and what would a new pokemon adventure be without your signature starter pokemon.

First we have the new and improved grass type waifu pokemon for all your pokephile needs. Next up is the edgy fire type--ret's hope it isn't Fire/Fighting-Type, kekekeke. Finarry, we see the forgettable water type pokemon many people will ultimately forget about.

As mentioned earrier, these games have been in deveropment for a rong time. In order to meet our strick release date deadrine we hae had to make some cuts to the games. There are no new battle gimmicks. To compensate we have made Mega-Evolution automatic and pokemon will not need their mega stone to mega evolve in battle. This means you can give a mega evolved pokemon a Z-Crystal to rearry change the meta. Prease Undastand that there are only 12 new pokemon. We have also added new regional formes of every Hoenn pokemon because fuck Johto and fuck Sinnoh.

We hope you will enjoy these new pokemon games coming just in time for horriday. With that in mind, prease give us your money for these brack friday bundle of both games and a switch for the row row price of $600.

That is all for today. Prease join us again next month for a 20 minute look at the next Pokemon Go update.

RIP Iwata ;-;
>>
>>32959222
GF already blew through two major battle gimmicks within two generations. One was used on a 2-year generation... I don't think Gen VIII needs a big new battle gimmick. GF also has to conserve their other battle gimmick ideas as well...

This is what I think will happen...120 brand new Pokemon. We got between 72-81 for the last two gens. Having just 100 new Pokemon would destroy the need for alternate forms like Mega Evolutions or regional variants. Having 120 new Pokemon will also cover for no new major battle gimmicks. There will be a lot of new Pokemon because it is a new, more expensive console which needs a big ass push.

Look at the bigger picture. Why would they need a battle gimmick when Gen VIII's core pair will have two gigantic gimmicks? Those gimmicks are that it is a home console game and that it is in High Definition!

I mean come on, can you name a better gimmick than someone playing Pokemon on their 40-65in HDTV in his/her living room?
>>
Like the Switch, it will be rushed out so fast there won't be any time to implement a gimmick. Instead, its barebones features will be touted as "returning to the series' roots."
>>
>>32964719
It's probably been in development since 2015
>>
>>32964719
Yeah, in a Masuda interview, he will say "We are making the game simpler."
>>
>>32964389
>120 new pokemon
That would kill the series,are you drunk?

I think the reason why GEN 6/7 had low pokemon count is because the 3ds had problems handling 802 pokemon.

With the switch being more powerful i won't be suprised if we got 120.
>>
>>32965127
Only 120 Pokémon wouldn't kill the series. I would actually be glad with 120 new Pokémon.
>>
Pokémon Chaos and Pokemon Order
>>
>>32959222
Here are some fucking novel gimmicks.

>Multiple save files
>Difficulty settings
Stop buying Pokemon games.
>>
>>32965191
I wouldn't stop buying pokemon games if they didn't introduce gimmicks
>>
is it confirmed to be on the switch, or no one knows yet?
been outside the loop for a bit :(
>>
>>32959222
I'm totally in the minority here, but I'd give up a few Gens of new Pokémon if they finally incorporated proper crossbreed Pokémon into the games.
>>
>>32965531
3DS games might continue but there's for sure a game coming out on the Switch being made by GF.
>>
>>32965549
thank you anon
hope they publish something for the 3ds desu, dont wanna dump money on a switch just yet
>>
>>32965549
>3DS games might continue

The Switch game is confirmed to be a main series game. Try again poorfag.
>>
>>32965639
anon stop baiting. the 3ds is not bad, and nintendo really isnt killing it right out of the door. you have no proof of nothing and they might be multi-platfrom for what anyone knows.
>>
>>32965639
that doesn't mean the 3DS series is done though you goof, 3DS is far from dead yet
>>
>>32965721
They are not going to launch a multiplatform main Pokemon game.

3DS is done. It will have a great 2017, but after that nobody will care about it anymore. Nintendo only said otherwise to keep selling units, as they always do.
>>
>>32965871
i think they'll only kill off the 3ds when the switch outnumbers it by a wide margin. otherwise they have no reason to, its got quite the userbase.
>>
>>32965639
If Pokémon Switch is a mainseries game, it could easily be a Kanto remake/reboot that isn't part of Gen 8 while the eighth generation continues on the 3DS or the 3DS successor.
>>
>>32959277
They already made mega pokemon and mega moves. The only thing left is mega-used items and mega-retreating!
>>
>>32966032
and then megabankrupcy!
>>
>>32961791
I would love it, and since there's no compatibility between 3DS and Switch it's the perfect time to do another no-transfers overhaul like they did between 2&3.

Combine the nidorans and Volbeat and illumise, the same as meowstic.
Simplify a bunch of stupid evolution methods, like inkay and leafeon.
Retcon regretted move access.
fix questionable aesthetic choices
>>
>>32965191
It uses the other two save files to store your boxes.
>>
>>32965536
fucking yes please
>>
File: 35e1c6ed7af60319e9449a0967ace3bf.jpg (193KB, 1280x1375px) Image search: [Google]
35e1c6ed7af60319e9449a0967ace3bf.jpg
193KB, 1280x1375px
>>32966422
>>
>>32965536
I've never really liked the cross breed thing. Regional variants is a step in the right direction though. I would rather see more of that with possible subtle allusion to other pokemon in their types/designs but something like >>32966422
or >>32966435
is just too much Monster Rancher for me. Don't get me wrong, I loved Monster Rancher but I don't like the idea of cross breeds in that regard.
>>
File: POOMa47.jpg (867KB, 1650x1206px) Image search: [Google]
POOMa47.jpg
867KB, 1650x1206px
>>32966435
>>
File: tumblr_nneyadpQiO1qh7zxeo2_1280.png (562KB, 1280x1297px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nneyadpQiO1qh7zxeo2_1280.png
562KB, 1280x1297px
>>32966479
that's fair desu, I just think it'd be a neat gimick to add to the franchise with how important breeding has become to the games. could give some more incentive to try and breed a perfect pokémon yah know?
>>
>>32966507
>>
>>32966507
I hear you. Just not my cup of tea. It wouldn't upset or surprise me if they do implement it at some point. Really, I am shocked it took 20 years for regional forms like the ones we got in Alola. It seems like a logical way to keep resources in line. Same model, new skin.
>>
>>32966006
That's not how generations work, anon-kun.
>>
>>32966529
I kinda hope they keep the regional forms rolling with future new regions or even in the remakes; Sinnoh forms could be neat even for the eventual DPPt remakes.
>>
>>32966529
>Same model, new skin.
Except that's not true for a single alolan mon.

They have new models, new textures, new movesets, new type and ability, new stats, they are in essence completely new pokemon aside from the shared egg group and looking similar.

They're on part with Yokai Watch's copycats, except at least those got new names, regional just have their region slapped in front of the species name.
>>
>>32966553
I agree. I don't know about remakes. I think it would be cool to introduce regional forms in each new generation and then put some new megas into remakes. I wasn't a huge fan of Megas but, like cross gen evolutions, I don't think they should be outright dropped from future installments.

I don't necessarily believe that USM will give us new Alolan Forms but it would be a welcome surprise.
>>
>>32966584
I think it will. 3rd versions always include additional mon, and with new mon comes the chance for new alolan forms.

They'll just have to be things not there in SuMo.
>>
>>32966355
They won't. Remember, Gen III was LOATHED because of the no transfers, and that wasn't even something Gamefreak had control over

They will make sure Bank gets added to the Switch store and can somehow link with the 3DS Bank accounts
>>
>>32966006
The switch games are gen 8
>>
>>32967178
Mmm. Maybe a Virtual Console style transfer then?

There's got to be some way to slaughter these sacred cows and it not step on any toes.
>>
>>32967178
Yeah, they were talking about Pokémon bank on the nx in 2015.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.