[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starter Fakémon War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: PHOTO_COLLAGE1499393120163.png (3MB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
PHOTO_COLLAGE1499393120163.png
3MB, 1440x1440px
Since I've seen nothing but starter wars on /vp/ today I figure I'dgive everyone something else to fight over. Let's have a starter fakémon war. Pick your starter bro and tell everyone else how much theirs sucks ass.

Which one will you choose?

>Slachen, Reichen, Mossacre. The Grass/Ground Maori Giant Sloth?

>Flareling, Flamabull, Pyrotaur. The Fire/Steel Spartan Ox/Minotaur?

>Paddlum, Submerssum, Monsupial. The Water/Ghost Aztec Opposum?
>>
>>32957386
There all shit.
>>
>>32957427
Yeah....gotta be honest....they're all bad and not worth fighting over.
>>
Decidueye is better than all of these
>>
>>32957450
t. numel
>>
You're all wrong faggots. That possum looks sick.
>>
>>32957386
I'd trade that Sloth line for the last two gens of starters combined
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-06-22-11-10-1.png (339KB, 1554x1184px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-06-22-11-10-1.png
339KB, 1554x1184px
Consider the following
No waifu, no starters
You already have numale n bara
>>
>>32957809
You're stupid
>>
>>32957826
just wanted to help you
>>
>>32957833
OP here.
Don't know if you meant that as a joke but either way I died.
>>
>>32957386
Slachen > Paddlum > Flareling
Reichen > Submerssum > Flamabull (God-tier name btw)
Mossacre > Pyrotaur > Monsupial

Grass > Fire > Water overall though

Slachen line is God-tier, would use in multiple playthroughs

I kind of wish Pyrotaur was not bipedal. I'd rather it be a quadruped, and based a bit more on the bronze bull, maybe with a brassy color scheme. Would also help differentiate it from Flamabull.

Why a possum for a water starter? If you were going for a meso-american animal, you could have picked a capybara, which is similar. I also don't know of any possums swimming, but idk. I think normally Water starters kind of have to be amphibious, right?

They're all good designs though even as they are, wouldtrain/10, wouldhavehopeforgf/10.
>>
>>32957865
Well it was actually between a capybara or a yapok (water possum). Both are native to South America and Yapok seemed more interesting to me.
>>
>>32957865
Also wanted a four legged ox but this was a comission and the artist went with bipedal. It fit a minotaur aesthetic and grew on me.
>>
File: followspritesstarters.png (8KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
followspritesstarters.png
8KB, 192x192px
>>
>>32957885
Oooooh, I had never heard of it. That just makes it cooler. I now retract complaining about it at all. In fact I think it makes it better. Water/Ghost is also very cool and it helps tie it all in together as a theme.

I like it a lot better than Pyrotaur now, actually. Consider the wouldhavehopeforgf/10 to get even higher.
>>
>>32957893
Ah, that's fine then. And it's still a very nice and cohesive design, I just would have preferred it quadrupedal.
>>
>>32957908
I agree though. Grass is my favorite. Always picked the grass starter and a giant ground sloth would be epic.
>>
why can a random anon make stargers 10 x better than gf can in 10 x less time ?

the last good starter was delphox , and before that it was dewott (didnt evolve) and before that was infernape, which was goat.
>>
>>32957386
Really like these! Always a fan of fakemon starters
Think I'd have to go with the water starter. I love the final evolutions of grass and fire, but I think the water line as a while is just a bit better. Gotta appreciate the furnace bull though, that's a close second
>>
>>32957386
all of them look like shit except base Water rat who is objectively the best
>>
>>32957959
I'm actually working on a complete dex with some artist. Not much art but, I have 80 fakémon and entries so far.

https://discord.gg/4D5M3Yz
>>
These are pretty good actually. But I don't get why the possum is water type? The possum would probably work better just being made into a normal type regular Pokémon.

The sloth is a cool concept but needs something else to it other than "it gets bigger".

Fire cow is awesome and if a better artist redrew its first two evos they'd be great. Something about the way they're drawn is slightly off but their design is excellent.
>>
>>32958009
It's a yapok. It's a semi-aquatic possum from South America
>>
File: gakQ9kC.jpg (75KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
gakQ9kC.jpg
75KB, 736x552px
>>32958032
This thing's hands are gonna give me nightmares. But I appreciate using a unique animal for inspiration
>>
>>32958210
Yea, they look insane. Creepy as hell.
>>
The water one looks okay but could probably use better colors, I don't like the fire one at all, and the grass one until like the last stage is just like an edit of the Chespin line
>>
File: paddlin.jpg (23KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
paddlin.jpg
23KB, 500x400px
>not picking water
>>
>>32958638
>not trading for all three because they're all good designs and you have autism
>>
>>32957386

I'm Maori and I'm pretty sure giant sloths have NOTHING to do with Maori culture so wtf?
>>
>>32957386
Fire Minotaur could stand to have broader shoulders/chest, honestly - as it is its body shape is still a little too similar to the Water Possum. Well either that or a pot belly to make it resemble an old timey cartoon furnace

The Sloth though is perfect - 12/10 would train
>>
File: 1498866682923.png (296KB, 1180x781px) Image search: [Google]
1498866682923.png
296KB, 1180x781px
>>32957386
>making a bipedal fire starter in this era
>>
File: Fakemon.png (562KB, 714x771px) Image search: [Google]
Fakemon.png
562KB, 714x771px
Your welcome anons.

For the record all of these concepts belong to OP, just my designs. Yes, I also designed pic related.
>>
>>32961045
OP here. His art artnd designs are amazing.
>>
>>32961045
>Your welcome
>Your

and

>I posted this again

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>32961045
I love your Starters (bunny,snail, deer) the design is creative and funny, just a little detail

......USE PHOTOSHOP, GODDAMMIT!!!!!!
>>
>>32958653
I have no idea what OP was thinking. But apparently Ground Sloth remains have been found in NZ, so that might have something to do with it?
http://karlshuker.blogspot.com/2016/03/the-yukon-beaver-eater-and-ground.html

http://cryptomundo.com/folklore/the-yukon-beaver-eater-and-ground-sloths-in-new-zealand/
>>
>>32961045
I actually quite like that fucking snail and you should try making a romhack or an essentials
>>
>>32962124
Why is the Maori/Sloth theme such an issue?
>>
>>32962435
It's not. I was just explaining what the possible connection was, since the other two are more explainable (The Minotaur is is from Greece and the yapok is from Mexico, so those are pretty easy connections, but there's very little out there to connect sloths with Polynesia.)
>>
>>32962520
Ok. Just checking. Someone else made a comment on it earlier in the thread as well and I was thinking it was becoming unpopular.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.