[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst johto shitmons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 8666916.jpg (323KB, 1326x950px) Image search: [Google]
8666916.jpg
323KB, 1326x950px
I decided i wanted to do a run through of johto using the worst possible pokemon. Only problem: i'm not sure what the worst fully evolved pokemon are? I know for sure i'll be using a jumpluff, a furret, and i'm debating weather or not i hate myself enough to actually bother with unown.
I will be playing using an emulator and storm silver version so keep in mind the gen 4 mechanics when suggesting pokemon, and always assume the final evolution, if the pokemon evolves.
>>
Ariado and Ledian. Jumpluff and Furret can do well in-game.
>>
If you're doing storm silver unown has a movepool now

A bunch of shitmons were actually buffed
>>
File: 1488979561173.png (475KB, 750x756px) Image search: [Google]
1488979561173.png
475KB, 750x756px
>>32957263
then i could actually use one... unown not being able to do shit in game but hidden power was kind of a stupid decision. especially with how hyped up they are in game and even in the anime.
>>32957248
i used ariados in my last crystal playthrough so i'd rather not use him again so soon. Ledian i could add to the team.
And odd you'd say that about furret. I tried to use one in a run year ago but it was so shit even early game that i gave up quickly. Maybe i just got really shit ivs or something.
>>
>>32957280
ledian also now has 95 attack iron fist and the elemental punches
>>
Why nobody mentions Sunflora?!
>>
>>32957820
Good question actually, it's a pretty shitty shitmon. Use Sunflora, OP.
>>
>>32957238
I would say stantler/girafarig, but I genuinely don't know how good they are
>>
>>32957238
this
>>
>>32957238
Ledian, Ariados are self explanatory.
Xatu's level up movepool is absolute trash and you won't start getting good stunff until halfway through Kanto.
Sunflora is pretty bad too, and is outclassed by Bellossom in almost every way.
Slugma and Magcargo are pretty awful too, especially if you use a team of six, you may not even evolve Slugma by the time you get to the elite 4 without lots of offset grinding.
Shuckle can tank, but it has no offensive presence.
Corsola isn't as bad as the above, but it definetely falls apart around the late game and Kanto portion.
Delibird can't take a hit at all and is completely reliant on hustle if you're not willing to grind for Ice Beam or Blizzard. You wont get Aerial Ace until after you receive the Waterfall TM but you don't really get Delibird far off from that anyway
>>
>>32957238
Use Sudowoodo and Slowking for an authentic Johto experience. I'm assuming you're starting with Chikorita.
>>
>>32957872
>crobat
>shitmon kys yourself
>>
>>32957954
>Shuckle can tank, but it has no offensive presence.
I suppose he can use Toxic
>>
>>32957995
>he
>>
>>32957995
unless romhacks changed the locations, one can't get toxic until Janine.
>>
>>32957995
The optimal shuckle in game set I find is toxic, sandstorm, withdraw, and rest.

t. Someone whose favorite pokemon is shuckle and has done at least one run in every game with on his team.
>>32958050
That's what cheating is for.
>>
>>32957871
They're better than shit
>>
>>32957820
>>32957842
i completely forgot suflora exsists to be honest. i decided to replace jumpluff with sunflora. >>32957976
i used sudowoodo and slowbro on a recent crystal run,. seems a little redundant for me. besides my water mon should be quill fish.
>>
>>32957976
Those aren't shitmon though.
>>
>>32957238
Dunsparce and Qwifish

Only contrarians like Dunsparce
>>
>>32957871
Girafarig is actually pretty decent. It slaps up Morty if you decide you want to pass through Mt. Mortar to ge to route 43, butchers Chuck, can do decently against Jasmine, can slap up Pryce if you teach it thunder/bolt, does well against most of Neo Team Rocket and beats up 3/4ths of the E4 with little effort. Stantler is mostly the same but with better physical attack, and a slighly better physical movepool, but misses out on the benefits of psychic typing such as the supportive psychic moves.
Girafarig has a good offensive movepool on both sides, and even though its fragile, it can learn dual screens to circumvent that as well as baton pass agility boosts. 80/90 offenses aren't much to write home about, but they can get the job done.
>>
>>32958203
Qwilfish has spikes and great attack with sludge bomb foh.

Oh and dunsparce with glare, headbutt, curse, rock slide? Foh again.
>>
analyzing the thread here is my current team lineup idea
furret, qwilfish, sunflora, delibird, unown and shuckle.
i could also change quilfish to corsala if corsala is proven weaker than it. but I've never even looked at quilfish much, much less considered it for a team before so i thought it'd be cool to use it.
>>
>>32957351
>ledian also now has 95 attack
What? Its base attack stat is 35
>>
>>32958190
Slowbro and Slowking are FAR from a shitmons anyway.

I actually did a similar theme in a SS run recently. My team was this.
>magcargo
>stantler
>qwilifish
>sunflora
>girafarig
>dunsparce
Fun run honestly.
>>
since i'm not using my starter, what starter should i pick in order to make sure silver has the starter strongest against my team?
>>
>>32958310
Depends, what is yout team mostly weak to?
>>
>>32958324
Furret, qwilfish, sunflora, delibird, unown and shuckle
is the team. so i guess water might to hard to take on?
>>
>>32958256
OP is playing storm silver, which gives crazy buffs to most of the shitmons in the game unless he's playing the clean version.
>>
>>32958360
i was gonna play the complete version. if i don't i might as well jut play regular soul silver desu. if you think i should play normal soul silver then i can.
>>
>>32958352
Maybe typholsion, sunflora and delibird are weak to it and qwilifish might struggle as it isn't meant for offensive purposes. Not familar with this hack myself though.
>>
>>32958373
Nah definitely go with complete, it's pretty good. Shitmons being better gives the opponents more options too, so it doesn't just benefit you.
>>
>>32958390
i'm consdering using standard soul silver instead if the buffs might make it too easy on me as some are suggesting.
my thing with quilava is that shuckle will just wallk him forever. feraligator is the only one who i think could actually take shuckle on without getting walled for five years.
>>
>>32958352
Sunflora does pretty well against water, especially since it does get sunny day by leveling up.

It was actually my MVP in my HG Monograss Run
>>
>>32958514
my min thought is that feraligator probably gets ice moves thorugh level up which will brutally rape my sun child.
>>
>>32958525
It does get Ice Fang, which permanently stays in its moveset in all Rival Battles once learned - that said I was able to do well against Typhlosion regardless.

It helps that the rival doesn't start with the starter allowing you to set up Sunny Day and then rape everything with Solar Beam. And Chlorophyll makes sure you're fast enough to Sleep Powder anything you can't OHKO.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.