[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon Fanfiction and Writethread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 23

File: 1480615435244.png (126KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1480615435244.png
126KB, 500x500px
/vpwt/: Lazy Sundays edition three times the charm

>Post your finds and ideas for prompts.
>Share your work and request critique.
>Discuss the struggle as a reader or writer.
IRC channel at [ #vpwritethread on irc.rizon.net ].

Previous: >>32853321

Fic catalogue:
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PtN4D_9CSw8JJ9uO6v0oQqdtKEkS8aFAvfxqI96XfSE/edit?usp=sharing

Authors and anons looking for things to write may search our ideabin for something appealing.
Feel free to add prompts that you'd like others to consider.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X072SSWulcC6RJRrPA6v9XtyohRybvMBl6Fh49wHsRw

FAQ:
>How do I post fics?
Link to Pastebin, FFN, AO3, or G-Docs, etc. Don't write stories to the thread itself.

>NSFW fics?
Indicate "NSFW" beside the link.

>May I add my fic to the catalogue?
You're free to do so. Please use the submission form found inside the catalog.

>What's with the tripfags?
Authors are encouraged to use a name/trip while posting or discussing their work for clarity's sake.

TotT: How would you make a character that is lazy and/or unmotivated interesting?
>>
>>32953238
New fics

Traipsingexodus makes a oneshot involving a Mhuman and FWeavile. NSFW
http://archiveofourown.org/works/11290725

Updated fics:

Manifested Destiny's The Dark Type chapter 16
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9113758/chapters/25250748

Unown's Fledglings Chapter 54
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11084689/54/Fledglings

OrangeCitrin's revised First Contact
http://archiveofourown.org/works/11323233/chapters/25345599
>>
>>32953238
Is it a good idea to make a new thread considering spam usually pushes it down soon after?
>>
>>32953582
I guess whoever created the thread figured it was a bet worth taking. Here's hoping, right?
>>
>>32953582
Yes.

I'm planning on writing about how the laws would work in a world with no humans, only Pokémon.

If Pokémon lived in cities, they would need to make certain accommodations for their many differences
I'm going to describe how these were addressed with a legal code.
It's probably going to be called "Outline of 'The Code of the Civil Regulatory Commission' ".

(This is in preparation for another story that I want to write, taking place in such a world.)

Perhaps others may find utility in it.
>>
ded thred
>>
File: 1493084387354.jpg (383KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1493084387354.jpg
383KB, 800x1131px
>>32954144
no way am I letting this shit die, I've been waiting for three days
>>
>>32954119
well generally the mystery dungeon series usually deal with worlds where humans are either nonexistent or very rare (or transformed into pokemon), so playing around with those games can help with that, unless you want to go at it from scratch
>>
File: Helpful Diagram.png (28KB, 1126x686px) Image search: [Google]
Helpful Diagram.png
28KB, 1126x686px
>>32954482
I'm starting from the ground up. If I'm willing to entirely remake how battles work, there is no reason to not do the same in envisioning a world without humans.
Here is an excerpt:
(Pokémon is abbreviated with P.):
BUILDINGS AND P. SIZES
Each building (B.) is placed in one of five groupings of sizes:
Extra Large, or XL
“Stadium size”
Large, or L
“Auditorium size”
Medium, or M
“Hall size”
Small, or S
“House size”
Extra Small, or XS
“Shack size”
Each P. is placed in one of the aforementioned five groupings of sizes, according first to a species-specific listing annually created by an advisory board, and then customarily licensed out to individual P. based on a simple inspection.

A P. is not permitted to enter a B. of a smaller size than himself:
1. Without a special permit.
2. Not being incorporeal.
A P. four sizes smaller than a B. is not permitted to enter:
1. Without a special permit.
2. Not being incorporeal.

This naturally leads to most buildings being S or XL.
>>
File: 1488531247722.jpg (27KB, 418x314px) Image search: [Google]
1488531247722.jpg
27KB, 418x314px
>sees familiar image in catalog
>"could it be?"
>my cynicism tells me it might be spam
>read spoiler
>"aw yeeees"
I've been waiting to post update(s) and read what others are up to. Good to be back!
>>
File: abstract mike.jpg (88KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
abstract mike.jpg
88KB, 1024x1024px
>>32870157

...and he never did. The end.
>>
here's some short stories i wrote a long while back, little fairy tales https://pastebin.com/CkLWuvzR
>>
File: 16983111.jpg (69KB, 240x400px) Image search: [Google]
16983111.jpg
69KB, 240x400px
This was posted late last night before the thread was resurrected.

Chapter 17 of [The Dark Type], "Being Me": http://archiveofourown.org/works/9113758/chapters/25576098
>>
File: 1496366664675.png (513KB, 1280x1416px) Image search: [Google]
1496366664675.png
513KB, 1280x1416px
>>32955562
>https://pastebin.com/CkLWuvzR
The fairytale theme reminds me of that one story about fairy types. I think it was called "The Fair Folk" or something of the sort.
>>
This seems like the place to ask.

I'm in a Pokemon Tabletop United game and I need help deciding who to take as the 6th member. The issue being that I have a Mystery Dungeon and Dragons themed team that makes it harder, since I want something that fits. I have the following:

Dragonair: Starter, evolved it, it's a Dragon
(F) Riolu: Lightly armored Monk
(F) Dewott: Berserker Samurai in training
(F) Petilil: Status Effects are FUN! Sorceress
Ponyta: 4e Defender Fighter, still need more practice with him

The GM recommended two to me: Dusknoir and Drapion. Dusknoir being able to go through walls would make reconnaisance great, and it would make a good Zangief to Riolu's Chun-Li. Drapion for a Heavy Armor user who can go full Citizen Snips, plus Dig means I can ignore so many terrain types and traps.

The GM also recommended a Fairy type, but I have a hard time figuring out a DnD equivalent for them that would really make them fit. Maybe you guys and gals can provide a new perspective on it.
>>
>>32956713
dungeon sizes for MD are usually 4 members max, right? I think your team as is works fine. If you really need a fairy type, maybe Mawile (non-mega) can work as a debuffer/attacker
>>
File: 1473175210333.jpg (29KB, 506x411px) Image search: [Google]
1473175210333.jpg
29KB, 506x411px
You folks need to make a discord. IRC's cool, but I like seeing all the stuff I mixed.
>>
>>32957344
nah, the drama isn't worth it.
>>
>>32957344
Discord is more vulnerable to information culling. ToS specifically carve out a legal right for them to use your information for whatever they want. Normally I'm not paranoid, but that doesn't bode well at all considering how many people use it. Hello big data!
>>
>>32957164
It's just the theme I'm going with. It's a regular Pokemon Trainer world, so I can have 6.

Mawile does sound interesting, but what Class would it be?
>>
>>32957573
what class are debuffers usually? Best one I can propose is a trapper of sorts, one that specializes in the namesake and possibly some crowd control as a result.
>>
>>32957536
this. anybody remember the chat groups that spawned from those old swapnote generals? shit still haunts me.
>>
>>32957651
>Trapper
I could go with the fan made Gladiator Defender. Use the mouth instead nets and bolas. Praise it an it more so that it starts taunting enemy 'Mons and the like. I'll check out its movepool.
>>
>>32956713
Motherly healing Audino cleric who mega-evolves and smites bitches
>>
>>32953238
I wouldn't mind writing some Pokemon fanfiction. I'm assuming that a trainer's journey from start to finish would be an overdone topic at this point?
>>
>>32958924
quite
>>
>>32958935
I thought so. It's a shame in a way. I really don't know what I would write about otherwise. Well, in terms of Pokemon anyway.
>>
>>32958960
World's your oyster, son. Cook up a premise and roll with it, canon be damned. To a certain extent anyway.
>>
File: supes rebirth.jpg (469KB, 1280x1968px) Image search: [Google]
supes rebirth.jpg
469KB, 1280x1968px
>>32958960
As long as you have a good story and characters, who gives a shit if it's been done before or is old as fuck. If it's good, people will read.

Pic related. Been around since 19 god damn 33 and his current run is among his best ever.
>>
>>32958924
>>32958960
Have a Pokemon face a problem that it has to solve, or a trainer bonding with a new/old pokemon. Or jump ship and write about the Mystery Dungeon sidegame verse.
>>
File: bugman.jpg (87KB, 530x706px) Image search: [Google]
bugman.jpg
87KB, 530x706px
>>32958960
All stories are just the same few tales passed down from distant generations. If you have an interesting way of telling them, then by all means tell them.
>>
File: 1371790516295.png (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1371790516295.png
80KB, 500x500px
Two updates today. One is the end of a lengthy series and the other is the start of something new.

Epilogue to Gift of the Protector
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10121590/24/Gift-of-the-Protector-Radiant-Heart

Prologue to Heavens Slice
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12562146/1/Heavens-Slice
>>
thinking about writing a thing about a backpacker/explorer who is trying to collect stuff
I have a few arcs planned in my head, the idea started with me playing this HGSS hack where you can collect the plates to summon arceus but I'm thinking of other stuff too, including this arc about a honedge and a bunch of stuff with the safari zones and relic castle
>>
I got an idea for a Pokemon fanfic. Here's what it's about:

After Team Galactic's failures at Spear Pillar and Stark Mountain, as well as Cyrus's disappearance, the team's Commanders head on with their lives. Mars is still loyal to Cyrus and is looking all over Sinnoh to find him and to reform Team Galactic, while Saturn takes over the Galactic Veilstone HQ and has his own plans for a new Team Galactic that doesn't involve extremism. But Jupiter is unsure about where to go next, since being in Team Galactic was her entire life until now. She goes on a journey of self-discovery with her Skuntank by her side.

The idea is based on a piece of dialogue said by Jupiter in Platinum. The thing is, I'm still pretty shaky when it comes to writing fanfiction and I was hoping if I could get some thoughts on the premise, plus some basic tips that can help me out in the long term.
>>
I've had this idea stewing for a while.
A novelization of sun and moon but from Marashadow's perspective.
>>
>>32960143
The only tip I can think of immediately is focus on readability before focusing on making the story 'good'. A story riddled with typos n shit is much more of a turnoff than a story that has issues making sense of what is written
>>
>>32958924
>>32958960
It really depends, imo. I'd love to read another trainer journey fic that actually spices things up like Pedestal. An MC's biggest goal shouldn't be to win the league just to be cool, but to win the league as a means to an end--if he wins, he'll regain everyone's respect after being called a lazy good-for-nothing, if he wins he can get fucking rich and not have to go back home, if he wins he'll have fulfilled his beloved pokemon's dream instead of his own, etc. The games set you up to be the best for fun. It's not fun in a fic.
>>
>>32960645
Instead of a full novelization, I recommend picking snippets that you really want to write.
>>
>>32960143
Listen to anon's advice and get writing. I'm interested in seeing where this goes.
>>
>>32960032
So a treasure hunter adventure? That sounds like fun
>>
File: IMG_0119.jpg (57KB, 373x521px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0119.jpg
57KB, 373x521px
>>32958797
Arceus Vult!
>>
>>32960014
>One is the end of a lengthy series
Congratulations on completion.
>>
Hey, we're back!

Is there any way to see where people are coming from to land on your story at AO3? BSTF is getting an uncharacteristic amount of activity and I was wondering why
>>
>>32958797
>>32956713

Yeah, this anon nailed a possible fairy type.

As far as Ghosts go, a Honedge/Duoblade would be excellent for both recon and for Trainer Combat, or you could go with a Rogueish Sableye/Oricorio/Banette, or a Ranger Decidueye.
>>
>>32963304
Thank you
>>
>>32957565
I'm sure the government cares about your pokemon fanfiction
>>
>>32962342
>people who think arceus worship is widespread in the pokemon world
Maybe in ancient times, but in modern-day pokemon world, Arceus is all but forgotten. Maybe the church in Hearthome in Sinnoh is dedicated to it; it's more likely that the only town to actually know or care about Arceus or the old Sinnoh myths in general is Celestic Town. "a town that preserves the history of Sinnoh and the old ways of life" implies that few, if any people outisde of Celestic Town gives a fuck.
Sorry about the rant.
>>
>>32964260
To add to this: I looked up Cynthia's dialogue in Platinum, and this adds to my point.
>But, then, I realized that there may be another way of interpreting this. Could this triangle of lights actually represent a different trio?
>Could they be DIALGA, PALKIA, and GIRATINA instead?
>And the large light at their center. Does it represent something else?
>Could it be what created this world of ours?
Notice how she doesn't even mention Arceus by name. Even when she talks about the Plates, she only talks about her theories.
If anyone was going to know about Arceus, it would be her. She does eventually figure out about it, but it certainly isn't common knowledge or a widespread belief.
And that's why people who say or type 'arceus damn it' are retarded.
>>
>>32964188
Not even talking about big brother. Metadata, logs, user info. The kinds of stuff that gets involuntary sold to third party advertising businesses or whoever so they can keep their service free and you've agreed to it.
>>
>>32963727
I'll check out Sableye. The other two have already been taken.

>>32964303
>>32964260
I'm just posting memes. Wouldn't the Weather trio be more worshipped, then?
>>
>>32965013
And Reshirom/Zekrom too
At least up to relatively modern times.
>>
File: 1341196656219.png (168KB, 488x454px) Image search: [Google]
1341196656219.png
168KB, 488x454px
>>32965226
I don't know how much Reshiram/Zekrom would be worshiped, as they typically only show up during times of great strife and unrest in the region.

They're essentially a symbol of power for the two most powerful, warring factions. One would be sought after by those wishing to prove that they are right in whatever their cause might be, and the other is usually revived as a response to the first.

Granted, the amount of time between the dragons' rebirth seems to be large enough that their reputation falls into folklore and myth, before recorded history.

That's assuming the 'cycle' has repeated a few times, and not just once like the games seem to imply, and not my own ideas for the two.

Original Dragon when?
>>
>>32965790
Well, worship may be a stretch, but they were revered enough for the people who fled to Kalos to build statues of them at the palace.
The Tapus are the closest to being worshipped, I think.
>>
>>32966029
I'd forgotten about the Kalos statues (along with most gen6 lore).

What other regional legends have shown to have influence in other regions, I wonder?
>>
>>32966061
There was a painting of suicune, raikou, and entei in R/S/E, though that was more of a reference than anything. The Sinjoh ruins and the weather trio tower is in HG/SS, too.
>>
I'm going to write a story where the world is controlled by an evil child-sacrificing pedophilic cabal, which is exposed and neutralized by a newly-married couple. There are no humans in this story, and I'm going to completely revamp the way battles work.
It may take years to write. But it's meant to show the real extremes of good and evil; it is a morally didactic work. It will be full of content, all fitting together perfectly, despite fitting together such content being rarely done heretofore.
It's really the first of its kind.
I felt like crying while planning a section of my story... it was heart-rending.
I haven't figured out how the story will end yet.
Keeping in mind that I shall write many treatises on novel Pokémon mechanics for myself in order that I may write my story properly, desire anybody here to use them for his story as well?
Among other things, I'm talking about a Pokémon Vulgate here.
Videlicet, a Bible for Pokémon.
I want my story to be perfect, and that means discarding and replacing whatever is imperfect.
If anybody here be interested in this Pokémon Vulgate, tell he so.
>>
>>32966376
Good luck. Most of that doesn't make the least bit of sense, but who am I to try and stop you from following your dreams?
That part where you're going on about perfection and settling for nothing less is not going to come easy. Nevertheless, presuming your post is not a troll of the highest quality, I wish you the best of fortune in your endeavors anon. Keep us updated.
>>
File: Dinoromanus[1].jpg (94KB, 812x677px) Image search: [Google]
Dinoromanus[1].jpg
94KB, 812x677px
>>32966509
It does have a long backstory, but I can assure you, with absolute certainty, of my intention to write this story.
I'm a rare breed; it is as if I were born in the wrong century.
Listening to this music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81L-Or3_pEI
Reading books like this:
http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Plin.+Nat.+toc
To give you some perspective, it will be the FIRST EVER Pokémon fanfiction written using the Latin language. That gives me a great sense of responsibility. I feel that I can rise up to the challenge, and aspire to introduce with a worthy story.

For me, it has become more than just a story. I have a moral obligation to write this in as compelling of a way as possible.

There has been nothing like it before.
>>
>>32967209
Uh ok, push those creative boundaries man. You have good musical taste btw.
>>
>>32967209
Go for it. You seem like a cool dude. I have lofty expectations and await a chance to read something as compelling as you described.
>>
File: 1496604545037.png (359KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1496604545037.png
359KB, 768x768px
>>32967209
oh my god are you anti-frogfag?
>>
File: jeus.png (102KB, 522x395px) Image search: [Google]
jeus.png
102KB, 522x395px
>>32967209
Fuck it, I'll admit you came off as crazy but you got me hyped nigga. Do it, I'd support it the entire way.
>>
>>32967209
>I use big words so people think I'm smart
k
>>
File: 1288074933374.png (24KB, 142x128px) Image search: [Google]
1288074933374.png
24KB, 142x128px
>>32967209
>it will be the FIRST EVER Pokémon fanfiction written using the Latin language

Written IN Latin, or using Latin as some sort of baseline for things?
>>
>>32966376
Are you the same anon that sperged out on Latin in a Lati@s thread and then made the most autistic 'general' this already highly-autistic board has ever seen?
>>
>>32967732
The entirety will be in Latin, but I'm better at thinking in English, so I'll be doing most of my prewriting stuff there.
But I'll also provide some kind of translation, I think.
I had good reasons for using a language that was not my strongest. Hell, I actually planned on writing this story before I started learning the language. It's what's motivated me to keep going.
>>32967633
>>32967237
>>32967304
Seeing your enthusiasm makes me a bit nervous that I might fail, but gives me hope that I can exceed people's expectations. And if it's bad the first time, I can always make revisions, right?
Also...
Here is the proof that it would be the first (Ignoring other sites):
https://www.fanfiction.net/game/Pok%C3%A9mon/?&srt=1&lan=35&r=103
9 results: 8 in Spanish, 1 English. None actually in Latin. (Mexican attention whores and one English "Poll".)
https://la.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fictio
There's a red link to "Fictio Fautorum", i.e. Fan fiction.
https://www.google.com/#q=fictio+fautorum&nfpr=1&spf=1499493600048
Nothing relevant.

>>32967684
It accurately corresponds to reality. (i.e. It's true)
>>32967739
Are you Bui?
>>
>>32968277
>Are you Bui?
I'll take that as a yes. Go, stay go, and take your /pol/ with you.
>>
did someone say bui
>>
>>32968372
>>32968277
>>32968359
Explain this saucy meme to me
>>
>>32968446
go to bed newfag
>>
File: Uyuni-Salt-Flats[1].jpg (373KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Uyuni-Salt-Flats[1].jpg
373KB, 2000x1333px
I like to write characters based on personal experiences. Titus, a Helioptile, has many health problems: Insomnia, headaches, poor concentration, weakness.
This is based on my own health problems.
(I'm not sure how he fits in the story yet... but he's getting in somehow)

Gnaeus, a Tropius, the best friend of the main protagonist, is often nervous. I'm basing him off my best friend, who is also often nervous.

The main characters, both Good, are actually showing both Truth and Beauty, each focusing on one more than the other.

One is based on my logical side, and the other on my creative side. That's why one is a writer and the other an artist.

It will be the purest romance possible, but it will also be candid. Not a lemon, but laundry detergent or chlorine bleach. Reading it makes you cleaner. How is this possible, you may ask? Even if it may go into graphic detail regarding bodily functions?

There was a time in my life when I cleaned up my mind, by learning the truth. The truth displaces lies. The one key word is "Design". All writing involves designing.

This is cryptic, isn't it? Sometimes you have to fight fire with "fire". Confront your problems, face your fears directly.
I did just that, and I'm all the more better for it.
Nobody else really helped me...
But my favorite Pokémon helped me out of this time of darkness, when I was losing hope in my ability to improve myself.
>>
>>32968475
But I'm in the story thread and I want to read about this particular person...
>>
>>32968584
A butthurt furfag holding the entire board hostage through (4) porn raids (involving Furret) causing 4 board nukes, just because his draw request wasn't fulfilled.
>>
>>32968581
Mate you should spend less time talking about what you're going to do and more time doing it.
>>
File: b5a.png (73KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
b5a.png
73KB, 500x500px
I want to write about lopunny doing funny things but everything I think of is tragic

Like a lopunny happily pushing people and breaking things getting the trainer in trouble but the trainer never gets mad they keep on moving
It doesn't seem the type to stay in the ball
>>
>>32968581
A word of caution; writing for message means you'd compromise the writing before you risk compromising the message. When you write, you need to keep in mind that your first responsibility is to the writing.
>>
>>32968738
explain "tragic"
>>
File: 59561385_p0.png (1MB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
59561385_p0.png
1MB, 1000x1414px
>>32968581
is froge the antagonist
>>
Human delinquent pisses off Manaphy, is heart-swapped into an alolan rattata

Hilarity ensues!
>>
>>32969133
gud idea. now write it.
>>
>>32968917
Opposite of comedy
>>
File: 1459921554856.gif (2MB, 344x272px) Image search: [Google]
1459921554856.gif
2MB, 344x272px
>>32969133
https://pastebin.com/vqHpbKrr
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.