[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It has been 20 years now. Can't GF just do this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (461KB, 2426x854px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
461KB, 2426x854px
It has been 20 years now. Can't GF just do this?
>>
>>32945648
That would be good because there wouldn't need to be a jungle/forest and ice area in every fucking game
>>
Espeon and Umbreon are fine. Leafeon and Glaceon are the ones that really need to change, along with every other location-based evolution.
>>
>>32945648
No.
>>
>>32945648
Agree completely, OP. All eeveelutions should use stones.
>>
>>32945648
>>32945745
I'm indifferent on this, only because Day / Night evolutions are fine. Leafeon and Glaceon are retarded though, there shouldn't have to be designated evolution spots for them in every game. Give them a universal mechanic. Maybe get Eevee to level 25 with an ice type move or some shit. And I don't even remember how you get Sylveon.
>>
>>32945817
Level up with at least two hearts in Amie/Refresh while knowing a fairy type move
>>
>>32945648
I'm the perfect world that's how it is anon
>>
because that would be boring.
>>
>>32945817
Yeah, having Icy/Mossy Rocks (or whatever they're called) in every game is ridiculous. Since Gamefreak hates retcons and loves new items, I'm thinking they could introduce a hold item (call it a Stone Amplifier or something) that would allow the Leaf Stone and Ice Stone to work on Eevee -- you could do something similar with the other location based evolutions too.
>>
>>32945648
Now that the ice stone exists I can see them changing Leafeon and Glaceon at some point.
>>
they need to do away with location based evolution in general or make it super early areas only. You get a grubbin route fucking 1 and if you use it which of course you will because of its type coverage, it will spend like 20 levels as a charjabug before you get access to the fucking evolution zone, leaving it weak and slow(though with a bit better defense, that doesn't matter because slow+weak means taking more hits.) This is an example of GF not thinking. That's it, they failed to think through what they were doing, and that's asinine for how large and successful the pokemon franchise is.
>>
>>32947535
Not like Vikavolt is any good. Jesus what a waste he was. I babied the shit out of mine, had -spe + spatk nature, and in the end my psychic fang + strong jaw fish completely outclassed him and soloed the game.

Slow bug types that aren't part steel are worthless.
>>
>>32947600
It evolves from a grub into a fucking jet and gets slower. It's a crime against nature.
>>
>>32945687
And why is that a bad thing?
>>
- Retconning Pokemon types: Check
- Retconning Pokemon abilities: Check
- Retconning Pokemon moves: Check
- Retconning Pokemon egg moves: Check
- Retconning type compatibility: Check

- Retconning evolution methods: OH HELL NO!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>32947671
>why is a mechanic that limits future game design a bad thing?

also, the special areas originally were supposed to be SPECIAL and rare, not ubiquitous throughout the whole fucking world!
>>
>>32947747
And?
>>
>>32947675
they gave a new evolution method for feebas
>>
>>32947756
not an argument
>>
>>32945648
Not only Eeveelutions, but all those shitty sort of evolutions should go back to Stones or level up with items.

Especially trade evolutions.

I might be a little salty because when I was a kid, I loved Golem, Scizor and Steelix, but I could never get any of them because I has no one to trade with.

Shit sucks.
>>
>>32947675
This
>>
>>32947815
That's because I wasn't arguing I was asking a question. Retard.
>>
>>32949749
If only there was an NPC that specialized in this shit
>>
>>32949749
>I loved Golem, Scizor and Steelix,
2/3 suck anyway
>>
>>32945648
I prefer the location-based evolutions to be honest. It just makes much more sense and adds more to the immersion than just chucking a rock in their faces.

I wish all Pokémon that evolve by stone would evolve by location instead, and the stones would each be representative of an evolution area that you could use if you're too lazy to go there. That way both methods are used and the player can choose whichever one they prefer. Everyone's happy.

There doesn't even need to be all these areas in every game either when the stones can be used as alternatives, so it doesn't harm the region design either. (Though I do want another volcano area soon, Mt. Chimney is small and Wela Volcano is a fucking joke).

Plus, how often does it not happen that you're in need of a certain stone that you can't get more of because you've used the 1-2 the game gave you?
>>
>>32945648
Because some other loud autist would complain about the retcon
>>
File: 1499288500508.png (521KB, 2426x854px) Image search: [Google]
1499288500508.png
521KB, 2426x854px
>>32945648
Who the heck are these guys?
>>
>>32947600
It's funny since mine actually was one of my most usefull teammates. GH hit like a truck and I had a -Def +Atk nature (I also discovered that it's best IV was SpAtk and second highest was Def and HP, crazy). It's not good in comp, everyone agrees on that, but I wouldn't call it worthless.

Also, if it had a +Atk nature, I wouldve kept it as a Charjabug the whole game, Eviolite Charj is great in a playthrough.
>>
>>32945648
So we have a stone for every previously Special type except dragon now?

>>32947675
To be fair, Nidoqueen still can't breed, and Cryogonal still learns attract. And don't even get me started on shedinja's move pool.
>>
>>32950924
>So we have a stone for every previously Special type except dragon now?
I wouldn't really call the Sun Stone a Psychic stone, it really only fits Espeon. Same goes for Moon stone.
>>
>>32947675
MILOTIC
I
L
O
T
I
C
>>
>>32950935
they are day and night. it's fine.

My point here is, there's an Eeveelution for every Special type but Dragon, and a stone for every one of those evolutons.

SO that means as soon as we get our dragon eeveelution and respective stone we can make the switch over to exclusively stone evolutions.
>>
>>32947671
Because if I want Glaceon in Sun/Moon, I need to level my Eevee in a place with no trainers right before the E4. If I want Glaceon or Leafeon in BW2, I need to wait until postgame.
>>
>>32950170
I too only use whatever won the last VGC
>>
>>32950126
That would be useful, especially if you've got a shiny. Otherwise you're at the mercy of either a trustworthy friend or having to buy another DS to trade with yourself.
>>
>>32950189
But the problem with location-based evolutions is placement and reasonable accessibility in the region during the main campaign. Waiting til end-game to be able to get a Glaceon or Crabominable is really bad game design. This is where having the ice stone as an optional second means of evolving would be better.

The only reason GF won't make the all the Eeveelutions evolve by use of stone as a secondary option is because 1.) they want you to use their gimmicky evolution method 2.) too confusing for young kids somehow.
Both reasons are garbage, but that's just how GF thinks and works.
>>
>>32951760
>2.) too confusing for young kids somehow
No it's not. It's because GF wants so much to break from tradition, as if Pokemon is inherently flawed as a concept. I blame all the children begging Nintendo to change up their formulas. Fucking retards don't know what they are asking for. Why change what doesn't need changing?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.