[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fossil Pokemon Thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

> What if first stage of fossil pokemon is actually the second stage and there's a pre-evolution?
> What if there's another evolution stage than can't be obtained due to how flawed the the revitalization process is?
> If the rock typing is an addition to the original type as a result of revitalization, then should/could rock typing be replaced with "Paleo" type?
>>
>>32944821
Autistic fossilmon headcannon thread huh? Here's what I think:

>The original typing of fossilmons is lost to time. They're all part rock either as a byproduct of being revived from their fossil's DNA (mineralized into acquiring rock type properties by eons of exposition to sediment) and not a fresh sample, or because they were rock types when they were alive to begin with.

>Stuff like cradily, archeops, etc. were part water, ground or other in their original form, but stuff like relicanth, that have survived for eons, shows that some fossilmons truly could just be rock types in life.

>Fossilmons do not represent the entirety of life in their time period, but rather, the few pokemon of that time that had solid parts that could survive as fossils. The ancestors of tentacruel and such, with bland bodies, could never be found as fossils, as there was nothing solid to work around.

>"Fossilmons" that you evolve via ancient power are indeed prehistoric, but they didn't become extinct in the same way as the rest of actual fossilmons, instead evolving into simpler, smaller forms that could be better adapted to changing environments after a catastrophe like a meteor shower or the like. That's the reason you don't find tusk or thorax fossils that allow you to revive mamoswine or yanmega, for example.
>>
Still same anon as >>32945100

And to answer your question OP, I think it would be beyond cool if certain fossilmons gained a new evo by leveling up while knowing ancient power.

Imagine if relicanth knows ancient power and evolves into a dunkleosteus.

Imagine if omastar knows ancient power and evolves into a kraken-like ortocone.

I bet gamefreak would never do something this cool anyways.
>>
>>32945170
So bad, I want more ancient evolution as:
Terror bird, Sabretooth tiger, Woolly rhino and Neanderthal
>>
If Gamefreak were competent they would do stuff like this (though picking and choosing from stuff itt) with their new regional forms.

They never will, though.

Also, about that "Paleo" type, many people have discussed want of a "Dinosaur" or similar type before, maybe search that and see what they say.
>>
>>32945100
The first one is basically debunked. Mega Aerodactyl (the rocky one) is implied to be its original form. Not to mention Relicanth is an ancient mon that has persisted and stayed the same for eons, and shares attributes with fossilmons such as typing and gender ratio. Same goes for Kabuto, according to the dex at least.

If anything, all fossilmons have always been rock type initially.
>>
>>32945170
Gamefreak has autism about NEVER EVER letting a Pokemon evolve through a method that could have been done in a previous game.
Basically, Omastar can never evolve from knowing Ancient Power because "well how come it never evolved in the other games hmmmmm?"

Instead, they need to add a Mystical Ancient Rock Spire to the Victory Road dungeon of every single game from now on, a spot you can evolve a small handful of Pokemon at.
>>
>>32945408
I disagree on that being proof enough to debunk it, at least, on ALL fossilmons. As I said before, I do accept that both interpretations of why fossilmons are always rock type coexist: I think some fossilmons started being rock types in life (aerodactyl, kabutops, omastar, rampardos, etc.), as effectively proven by relicanth's existence, but I believe other fossilmons' DNA simply got "corrupted" into being rock type, if you want to call it that, as a result of being underground and slowly turning to minerals for millions of years.

This, at least in my headcannon, would apply to cradily (water/grass in life, its roots sedimented until they became rock), armaldo (water/bug in life,its claws sedimented until they became rock) and archeops (ground/flying in life, its hard feathers sedimented until they became rock). Some people would also make a case for aerodactyl originally being dragon/flying, but I disagree on this one, as old amber implies that its DNA got preserved in exceptionally good conditions, meaning what you restore from it is what the mon really was, hence rock being its original typing.

In any case, this is just headcannon, I'm fully aware that to gamefreak probably all fossilmons were rock type in life from the start. I just disagree with that vision.
>>
>>32945408
I don't think that debunks the idea that the rock typing comes from flawed revival. If anything Mega Aerodactyl proves otherwise. Keeping in mind that mega stone are scarcely occurring meteorites that give off an energy certain Pokemon species react to, we can't say the case of Aerodactly's original form is the case for other megas. That would mean that Mega Mewtwo X/Y are the original forms of the recently man made Mewtwo, which is not the case. Being exception again, Mega Aerodactyl can only point towards the fact that the revival process does not a fossil pokemon's full being, thus allowing for the mega stone to provide that needed energy boost to achieve Aerodactyl's full "original" form.
>>
>>32945418
AncientPower was an egg move for Swinub until gen IV, though.
>>
>>32944821
Aerodactyl becomes original aerodactyl through its mega, it basically becomes more rocky.

The rock type is confirmed for that guy.
>>
>>32944821
WAKE UP
>>
>>32945379
I want a Fighting/Flying terror bird. Hawlucha is okay, but I want a full 'kick'boxing Gastornis.
>>
File: 0b8.gif (2MB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
0b8.gif
2MB, 320x287px
>>32947355
I can't wake up
>>
>>32944821
>inb4 mysterious fossil
>>
>>32947355
Grab a brush and put a little makeup
>>
>>32947631
>Gastornis
That's just a big duck, anon
I think you mean phorusrhacids
>>
>>32945170
Imagine sharpedo becoming a Megalodon.
>>
>>32945170
>dunkleosteus and ortocone pokemon
I can only get so errect!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.