[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people want Gyms back in alola?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 21371283712.png (35KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
21371283712.png
35KB, 375x360px
Why do people want Gyms back in alola?
>>
File: epic_lulz.png (138KB, 336x326px) Image search: [Google]
epic_lulz.png
138KB, 336x326px
>>32943284
Arora
>>
>>32943284
Core game mechanic
>>
I wouldn't mind having gyms back if trials stayed in.

I liked trials because they often were more challenging than gyms.
>>
>>32943284
because they wanna play the same game for the 7th time
look at zelda, look at mario, look at the fuss people made over federation force yet immediate adoration for metroid 4

people don't like change
>>
>>32943284
Trials were actually less content than gyms would have been. Gyms generally have puzzles to solve to get to the leader
>>
>>32943284
They were one of the more interesting game mechanics and a test of strength, if you play the game blind then the gyms worry you until you discover the level they are.

Plus with enemies using Z-moves you could potentially get cucked pretty hard by a gym. Alongside each gym having a much more interesting trial that consists of solving a small puzzle while beating a few smaller trainers.
>>
>>32943323
>look at zelda
BotW radically changes formula, is fantastically received

>look at mario
SMO is the most original, ambitious Mario in years, in fantastically received

>look at the fuss people made over federation force yet immediate adoration for metroid 4
That wasn't just about "change," that was because it was a shitty spinoff that didn't star the protagonist of the series and was the first Metroid game in 6 years. If they had waited a year and announced federation force at the same time as Prime 4, people wouldn't have hated on it as much
>>
>>32943284
Expand on things. It's not that hard to have a native culture to the region like the Trials aside from official League Gyms. It's just GF thinking ditching what makes a Pokemon Trainer Trainer. Very lazy of them!
>>
Trials might as well just be gyms anyway, the differences are superficial. We can still have totem pokemon without trials.
>>
>>32943377
please go back to /v/

also mario odyssey hasn't been released yet.
>>
>>32943284
Because at least from the trials presented to us, they offer less content than a gym normally would, sincec a gym usually involves a puzzle of some sort and some trainers along with a leader, whereas a trial is just a short and uninteractive action followed by the totem. Some examples are Kiawe's or Sophocles' trials, which is just choosing between 3 obvious options and then the totem, or Acerola's trial, which is just walking along one singular route and fighting some pokemon before the totem. While the trials in SM mostly had interesting concepts, and the idea of trials could make for really fun areas and puzzles and whatnot, the execution is lackluster, and gyms have proven themselves to offer a much more consistent experience and challange
>>
File: (You).jpg (137KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
137KB, 717x880px
>>32945749
Anon's right though. Also nice defense summer but we don't like your kind around here.

So please...
>>
>>32943284
Because gym fights are fun progress segments as where as trials are utter shit
>>
>>32943284
Because trials failed as a concept
>>
>>32943284
Because they're retarded.
>>
>>32943284
I don't want gyms to come back, I just want Trials to be more like gyms. The "trials" they gave us in SM were abysmal, no difficulty, just a lazy string of pokemon battles with varying "themes". ONE OF THEM WAS SO LAZILY DONE THAT IT CONSISTED OF AN ENTIRELY BLACK SCREEN WITH TEXT UNTIL THE FIGHTS HAPPENED. That shit is unforgiveable, even for gyms. What the fuck. If you're gonna call it a "trial" you could at least try to make it a little interesting.
>>
>>32943377
I promise you that, not only will SMO be shitted on about a year from now, if Ninty ever decides to announce a sequel to it or BotW, people will call it shit because it's not a real mario game. they've been selling and rehashing the same game for nearly 30 years in different skins now and people keep buying it, because they wanna play the same game again.
>>
>>32943284
because gyms are better than trials in every way
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.