[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PTCG/O

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

Nuked by BUI edition

Old: You don't wanna know

New?
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>https://pastebin.com/sHq3y40X

TL:DR:
>Complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack to speed up AI games) to get 45 free packs.
>Play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play.
>Farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets.
>Enter tournaments to get TRADABLE chests and packs.
>DON'T OPEN THEM.
>Trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.

What themedeck should I buy?
>Buy the Lunala or Inceniroar one.

Resources
>http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/
>http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/championship-series-event-results/
>http://thecharizardlounge.com/decklists/
>http://pkmncards.com/advanced/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the forums in the trading section. Trading companies overprice cards, aim lower. Keep pack value in mind when trading.
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/
>http://www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html

Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Bots will snatch plain text or uncovered QRs.
>Ask for emails and send em individually.
>Post your pulls or your mom dies in her sleep.
>>
File: IMG_0554.jpg (324KB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0554.jpg
324KB, 400x560px
>>32941030
First etc
>>
>>32941219
don't give them ideas.
>>
stop the threads from dying lord
>>
>>32941627
Ask the furfags to stop killing the whole board then.
>>
>>32941030
Is Hoopa ex likely to be kept or rotated, or is it iffy?
>>
>>32941686
If XY Blackstar Promos and "Best of XY" are legal, yes. Otherwise, it's part of Ancient Origins so very, very likely gone.

That said, if Best of XY is legal, so is its reprint of Shaymin EX, and since I know that it's expected to go down in price I'm pretty sure most people think it doesn't count.
>>
>>32941802
Pretty sure the Japanese format and the american format is different.
>>
>lele tin
oh shit
>>
mega mewtwo y and lele are so good together good, sadly lunala is too much of wasted space
>>
holy crap this new prize wheel system is so amazing, I just got like 700 coins in only 2-3 hours
>>
>>32942189
It's been a bonus weekend I think, so expect it to drop if it has been.
>>
Fairly new to tcgo still.

Is there anything i should be saving coins for? I already have the two good SuMo theme decks. Seems like the only thing worth buying is GR boosters.
>>
>>32942300
I hope it hasn't as coins either need to get buffed or the shop needs to cost less. Its especially worse for limited editions, I got a total of 15 packs for CoL and only pulled one energy.
>>
>>32942405
You're pretty much on the money. Save them for useful packs or limited edition packs/sleeves/boxes/decks when they come out.
>>
>>32942405
Might be good to have a theme deck for every element due to daily challenges.

But otherwise, pretty much just tournament entries and promos.
>>
>>32941219
Thank you
>>
>>32942300

no, I played it today, I'm in the half of second page of the leader, maybe I will play during sunday and will see
>>
File: b71.jpg (82KB, 680x690px) Image search: [Google]
b71.jpg
82KB, 680x690px
>>
File: IMG_4139.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4139.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Wow, that was fucking fast.
>>
>tfw we haven't had a thread hit bump limit in over a week
>>
>>32944669
Don't worry anon, another month and the shitposters will return. And in greater numbers
>>
>>32941686
hoopa has a blackstar promo print, it won't be rotated until Evolutions is rotated.
>>
File: ransd.png (349KB, 842x500px) Image search: [Google]
ransd.png
349KB, 842x500px
>>32941030

ok, WHY

sometimes it's loading sometimes it's spamming this shit
>>
File: fun_and_interactive_gameplay.png (604KB, 978x339px) Image search: [Google]
fun_and_interactive_gameplay.png
604KB, 978x339px
>>32941219
Third time today:

>Dominating player.
>They are playing psychic from the start so I don't play any items just in fear of the waiting beasts slumbering in his deck.
>Late game had to have 5 items in grave.
>Down to two prizes.
>He plays Garb.
>He plays N.
>Kills my threat.
>Proceed to fail at top decking as he produces another two garbs.

This meta is aids. I am not even playing a deck that Garb is supposed to counter it's just Golisopod Lurantis with little to no items but god damn I am sick of that pile of shit and I am getting sick of being punished for doing well.
>>
File: giant plant rape.png (224KB, 1173x655px) Image search: [Google]
giant plant rape.png
224KB, 1173x655px
>>32945244
>>
>>32945244
>>32945297

I don't understand why it's a big deal, I destroyed it with mega mewtwo y, lysandre and hex maniac
>>
>>32944751
Thanks
>>
>>32945244
Like everyone's said a million times, just chill and wait for rotation.

Shit metas happen in literally every card game, and when they do, sane players don't keep playing it over and over just to bitch.

The deck is literally removed in 2 months, just wait and play theme or some shit.
>>
>>32946008
>dude just dont play game
thanks mate
>>
I have 16 tradable packs will this be enough for Golipsopod gx when it comes out?
>>
>>32946596
Depends on what packs. Keep in mind GR packs will go to about 1/2 price once the new pack is out.
>>
>>32946701
Yeah no, people still want that Lele
>>
Returning to TCGO. Want to ask if the gentleman's agreement in legacy will get me banned? I got a warning notice just before quitting.
>>
>>32947405
Yes
>>
>>32947405
Yeah, wait and play a slight amount before conceding.

A gentleman's slower agreement.
>>
>>32944751
>>32945402

They do rotate promos.

I think that we are XY36 on right now so Hoopa-EX can rotate.
>>
>>32948133
Okay if we're up to xy36 i.e. right before primal clash prerelease, then if Break is the cutoff Hoopa EX will be safe.
>>
How do I get rid of all the shitty commons I've opened?

Am I just stuck with them? Can I sacrifice them into coins?
>>
>>32948362
If tradable, bundle them with related cards and see if you can get a pack or two out of them.

If not tradable, you just have them forever. They don't hurt anything and heck one day you might need them for a deck.
>>
>>32945389
lmao dumb mewtwo poster, mega mewtwo y is shit, and it'll be shit for, at least, one more year.
>>
Why is TPC so hush-hush about rotation?

Why do we have to speculate on what the format will be? MTG makes it pretty black and white, even considering how much they change how rotation works.
>>
>>32943632
The Necrozma one? Nice
>>
>>32948720
MTG it's always by blocks. The two oldest blocks rotate every fall. They release two blocks a year. Currently this means 4 sets a year total. Back when it was 3 sets a block it would mean 6 sets total.
They're about to shift to a blockless format though, with core sets once a year in the summer to make sure healthy meta staples get in. So that way if they want to stay on a plane for like, an entire year, they can. And if they want to only do one set they can.

PTCG has variable length blocks, with some as small as 2 and others as large as 6, and many sets not really connected to a block. Essentially we are in that more freeform blockless format MTG is swapping to, minus the idea of a core set because we don't really need it, there's no lore reasons why things needed to make a set healthy can't just be in there, unlike "of course there is no good artifact removal on Kaladesh, it's an inventors's plane and we really wanted artifacts to stand out there."
>>
File: trash bag mon.jpg (682KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
trash bag mon.jpg
682KB, 700x990px
>>
>>32941030
>been playing since november
>at locals
>have two volcs with a float stone
>can't retreat twice in the same turn
Why the fuck does this rule even exist.
>>
>>32941219
delet this
>>
>>32950421
the exact kind of abuse you're trying to do most likely?

That said, you can get around it with escape ropes, switches, switch abilities, etc. You can do as many of those as you want.
>>
Cough
>>
>>32950887
>the exact kind of abuse you're trying to do most likely?
It came up once in six months of these matches, and I don't think needing two copies of a specific item which can't easily be searched for counts as "abuse."
The rule isn't organic, is what I'm saying. With only a cursory knowledge of the game I might infer that supporters have some sort of limit on them given how powerful the effects tend to be. The rule against manually retreating twice seems like an artifact of a less elegant era, like mana burn in MtG or turn two in YGO.
>>
>>32951009
It prevents you from doing "active/benched pokemon" shenanigans.

For instance, let's say you have that dodrio out that reduces retreat costs by 2.
You have a lapras as your active, it needs a water energy. You have an aqua patch in hand.
Without the rule you can retreat it, attach the patch because it's benched, then retreat again to put it back up front and attack, having effectively placed an aqua patch on your active instead of a benched mon.

Similarly, effects that do things like "both active pokemon are now confused" would let you retreat to remove condition, retreat again to put it back out, then attack, without experiencing any downside for having used that ability which very obviously is balanced around you experiencing a downside.

This way you can attach that aqua patch, you can remove that confusion, but even with free retreat costs it requires you have something else up front for one turn.

I assumed that's the kind of thing you were trying to accomplish with it. I know that was my first thoughts before realizing the rule existed.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.