[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

best gen 3 rom hack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: pkmn7.0.jpg (597KB, 1280x708px) Image search: [Google]
pkmn7.0.jpg
597KB, 1280x708px
What's the best rom hack from a gen3 game and why?

Good arguments please.
>>
guys?
>>
>>32938628
what rom is this?
>>
>>32938726
Pokemon snakewood
>>
>>32938628
Pokemon clover. Great balanced fakemon, good level curve, and minimal grinding if you play right. Also it's fun, which most hacks fail at.
>>
Where can I get a download for these?
>>
>>32938628
Vega.
>>
Do you guys agree with the pokemoncommunity hacks of the year?
>>
Flora Sky is pretty cool so far. I think Complement Dex Version is better. the other one was a bit botched because the retard forgot adding genders to some mons like Pidove.

still a great hack.
>>
>>32938628
>>32938743
This, I'm playing it for the first time and am honestly surprised by how good it is. The only downside is all the fakemons look like shit and some of the jokes are outdated.
>>
>>32938766
http://pokemonromhack.com/tag/pokemon-emerald-hacks
>>
>>32938628
Shiny Gold Sigma. It's a gen 2 "remake" built on Firered, but it's actually changed quite a bit and has a lot of new content.
Pros:
>Adds Physical/Special split
>Adds Fairy-type
>All 802 Pokemon are available to catch and use in game
>Adds moves and abilities from later gens
>Adds a Mega Evolution mechanic, all Pokemon with Megas are compatible.
>Adds some quality-of-life improvements, repels ask if you want to spray a new one after one runs out, etc.
>After beating Johto, you gain access to Kanto, Hoenn, and eventually the Orange Islands

Cons:
>Inconsistent enemy trainer 'mon levels.
Usually you'll be a high enough level with enough Pokemon on your team to deal with it, but occasionally an NPC will have a Pokemon that's like level 40 when the other NPCs around them are at 28. Plus it's Johto so level curve is always gonna be kinda bad.
>New Moves only half-changed
Most new moves are over-writing old ones. X-Scissor replaces Fury Cutter and Close Combat replace Mach Punch. However, the creator didn't change the effects of those moves to match, just the BP and the name. So Close Combat is a 120 BP Priority move with no drawback, and X-Scissor starts at 80 BP and 100 ACC and doubles damage with each consecutive hit.
>Glitches
Programming isn't 100% solid 100% of the time. Using a mega in double battles is a bad idea, instead of mega evolving you take a huge stat-drop(Charizard 10+ levels above the target did barely any damage with super effective flamethrower, got OHKO'd by a Skull Bash from Delibird)

Other than that it's a pretty solid game.
>>
>>32938628
DBZ Team Training.
The game has been rebalanced and is actually pretty challenging without resorting to cheap difficulty.
Plus it has that simple tournament arc story of DB feel that actually works well.
>>
File: vega_by_dirosso-d9ymzum.png (476KB, 1024x1434px) Image search: [Google]
vega_by_dirosso-d9ymzum.png
476KB, 1024x1434px
>>32938776
This. Professional level sprites and music and great to meh Fakemon. The atmosphere of the region is great, too. I love snow. The difficulty is hit or miss depending on how tolerant you are of grinding and how well you use your resources, but the Tohoak Gym Leaders have given me some of the most satisfying and intense battles I've ever had from the AI. I'll admit the game's kinda dumb on a blind run, but I enjoyed my second playthrough a lot more than my first. Once I knew what the game was going to do, every move I made was in preparation for a future battle. For example, I caught a Houndour on the second route so I could use Dark Roar (a new priority Dark attack) to 2HKO the third Gym Leader's Starmie. It became a good teammate along the way, too. Planning out and working towards strategies even so early on struck this great balance between being fun and fluid like the official games and being difficult. Would definitely recommend it to anyone.
>>
File: sigma.jpg (115KB, 487x511px) Image search: [Google]
sigma.jpg
115KB, 487x511px
>>32938628
Shiny Gold Sigma,completed now and I finally found a link.I'm sure this is the final release.

mega:#!ftpXDbgL!3-bZQG-pIbd6dPLBBIX-pKVqxdpuvzQAihq6osXGNhg

Gameplay
https://youtu.be/bIeCjn1vUZ4
>>
I was wondering if there is a consensus among you guys?

So... Clover?
Vega?
Shiny Gold Sigma?
>>
My favorites are Theta Emerald EX and Nameless FireRed hack.

Those two games can trade between each other and so far are the best 'remakes' of the original games.

They have all the stuff like
>PSS
>Infinite TMs
>Up to Gen 6 Pokemon
>Theta Emerald has updated Frontier to match the PSS, also new mons in Factory and everywhere else.
>Mega Evolution
>Nameless Firered has Nuzlocke options in game, also has Hidden Grottoes and difficulty settings

Overall, complete experiences of those regions.

I also enjoyed Pokemon Glazed a lot.

I have tried Shiny Gold Sigma, but the weather effects are like 90% of the time and often you see bright sunlight in night time and that's why I hate it. Or fucking thunderstorms between two sunny routes etc.
>>
>>32938628
Ruby Destiny Rescue Rangers
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.