[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USUM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 16

File: 2017-07-04-19-43-45-.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-04-19-43-45-.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
What changes should they do in order to be good games.
>>
>>32934352
Nothing. Shit remains shit.
>>
File: IMG_0853.jpg (969KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0853.jpg
969KB, 960x960px
The ground is different color
>>
>>32934352
>condense cutscenes. Instead of 5 1 minute cutscenes with 10 seconds of walking in the middle, do a solid 5 minute cutscene then let the player walk freely for awhile
>Tutorials should be optional.
>Post-game should be expanded, be it with the post-game quest being in an entirely new area instead of a catch quest in routes you've already been, or a much more major battle facility. major bonus points for both.

That's all I honestly ask for, really. Give me at least the first and third points, and they're at least Platinum tier. If they earn those bonus points in point 3, they'll even be BW2 tier.
>>
>>32934352

>Press start to skip cutscenes

That's all I hope for. How much GF disappoints me regularly, I've learned not to hope for anything more.
>>
Give the games actual relevant changes and new content, fix what was broken in SM and give us at least new regional variants or something

Just hoping it's not the same game with a different story split into 2 games for money-milking
>>
Things to do.
I mean, I move from Black2 to XY and I left things to do in B2 like movies and PWT stuff.
At the day, I don't have any reason to still playing Sun.
>>
>>32934352
New megas
New regional variants
Frontier
Retcon the Mr mime line out of existence
>>
More clothes for customization and no more "color options are game exclusive" bullshit
>>
>>32934352
Let the game speak for itself instead of constantly trying to shove things in your face every 5 minutes
>>
File: 1n2hie.jpg (40KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
1n2hie.jpg
40KB, 500x430px
>>32934472
>New megas
>>
File: Play time.gif (1MB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
Play time.gif
1MB, 500x259px
>>32934472
>Wanting to retcon the Mr. Mime line out of existence

What did Mimey ever do to you?

I'd be certainly interested in how a Mega or a Alolan form would work out for him.
>>
Give us a Hidden Ability Capsule/Some way to change to/from a Pokemon's Hidden Ability for Pete's sake.

They've trivialized all the other parts of breeding besides Shininess, they may as well go for broke.

Plus, teams from R/B/Y/G/S are all locked to Hidden Abilities, and some of those are not good (Sap Sipper Azumarill anyone?)
>>
>>32934615
This honestly

>>32934352
nothing. Some things are too fundamental a this point, like the route layout and boring region in general.
>>
MAKE EMERGENCY EXIT SWITCH YOU OUT AT THE END OF THE TURN
>>
>>32934352
Just do PWT, nobody will complan if there's nothing more
>>
>>32934702
Mr. Mime is a bro as fuck
>>
File: y8Ea8jB.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
y8Ea8jB.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>32934674
>not wanting extra content
>>
File: DAohaHpXkAErhTH.jpg (162KB, 826x1176px) Image search: [Google]
DAohaHpXkAErhTH.jpg
162KB, 826x1176px
>>32934352
Give Lillie more screentime.
>>
Make it a topsy turvy AU where Gladion is the shy guy and Lillie is the edgelady.
>>
>>32934352
>fix the horrid level design
>expand the fuck out of alola
>optional sea routes between all the islands
>reduce the number of cutscenes, and put them in good locations instead of everywhere
>add back all the cut areas
>cohesive story with satisfying climax
>stop focusing so much on lillie
>actual post-game
So nothing that's going to happen.
>>
Remove the painted doors and doorless buildings.

If you gonna make doors, make them interactive or fuck off. I hate walking into a house and walk past flat doors that are nothing but a texture.

Make more NPCs. There's too many generic NPCs that are reused for special purpose. Why are Lana's twin little sisters generic girl NPC? It just looked lazy.
>>
>>32934352
Once the director is announced, this board could explode.
>>
>>32934352
I don't think many current SM features are going to change. GF wants to keep as much compatibility with SM as they can. Festival Plaza, Poke Pelago, Battle Royal, all get zero changes.

Customization upgrades already proven.

They didn't change the trainer roster at all in Battle Subway for B2W2. They will make no changes to Battle Royal as well. I could see them updating the famous trainers in Battle Tree to fit the timeline. But they wouldn't use any new Mega Evolutions if there are some to keep Tree compatible with SM multi battles.

Also, I am not saying there is no new Battle Facility(s).
>>
>>32934417
>Press start to skip cutscenes
This.

>How much GF disappoints me regularly, I've learned not to hope for anything more.
And this. Being a Pokemon fan is like being my mom.
>>
File: 1498837047217.jpg (13KB, 230x208px) Image search: [Google]
1498837047217.jpg
13KB, 230x208px
>>32935267
>>32934674
stop using inferior memes
>>
>>32934352
Zoom camera out.
Optimise gameplay.
Add things to actually do. The game was absolutely barren.
Zoom the camera out.
Rework Z-moves. This is especially important because Z-moves actually kind of ruined the playthrough; you're given a super powered move than can only be used once per battle with NO repercussions and then most battles are 1-3 pokemon. There's no reason to not use your Z-move at least once per battle so it winds up being a free ticket to invalidating half the battle in advance for 90% of the game.
Zoom the fucking camera out.
>>
File: guzma litten.png (428KB, 1101x654px) Image search: [Google]
guzma litten.png
428KB, 1101x654px
>>32935878
>>32935987
This is what happens when you rush a game to make it come out on a "special year" (Pokemon 20th anniversary). Items that should be there don't make it in. Period. As the next game is coming out way too soon as well, I expect to see more stuff like these left out.

Anyway, things I want to see:

> Dexnav or something similar to help us find mons and know what is missing.
> Bring back supertraining! Berries/Park system sucks.
> Better map design. There was too much "spaghetti map" syndrome to make the maps feel bigger.
> Better pokemon variety.
>>
>>32936134
>Being a Pokemon fan is like being my mom
I'm constantly fucking your asshole?
>>
>>32934352
Make girls more customizeable so I can jizz off to my slut pokegirl.
>>
>>32934352
>all oufits available, none of that version exclusive bullshit
>dye shops in overworld
>being able to buy more than one white piece of clothing
>preview hair styles
>no kanto pandering
>trainer rematches
>move tutors
>Audino
>replace some ride pokemon with key items
>bring back Old, Good, and Super, Rods
>less pointless cutscenes
>use the ''L", "R", "L2", "R2", buttons
>finish all unexplored locations
>National dex
>bring back PSS
>>
>>32934352
What >>32936363 says, but I also wanna be able to beat Lillie to a pulp, empty a can of gasoline over her and then set her on fire.
>>
File: Nostradamus.gif (517KB, 320x218px) Image search: [Google]
Nostradamus.gif
517KB, 320x218px
>>32936520

I hate Lillie too, anon, but there's no need for such drastic behaviors.

I don't even think she's worth doing all that to her, just saying.
>>
Add lots of cool new stuff because they'd have to completely start from scratch to make the stuff already in SM good
>>
>>32936520
You monster.

>>32936625
Shit taste.
>>
Give us more alolan forms Z Moves and for Arceus sake Mega stones. That and make Zygarde directly signicant to the story instead of cucking us.
>>
Two and a half years ago, GF made a major promise in ORAS. SM even mentioned that promise. We now have a 3rd version/direct sequel that can honor that promise after a whole generation without one. I suggest they fucking keep their word.
>>
Make the story somewhat interesting. No hand holding. Decent mons available. An actual post-game, none of that UB bullshit.
>>
must have:
>skippable cutscenes
>at least the same amount of difference that BW2 had over BW
>more alolan forms

in my dreams:
>harder difficulty
>e4 round 2
>ultra beasts retconned
>>
the director
>>
>>32937741
>ultra beasts retconned
for what purpose
>>
>>32937353
what are you talking about?
>>
>>32937845
They are ridiculous. Digimon tier designs don't even begin to describe it. I don't even want to talk / think about them.
>>
>>32934674
>Not wanting the best thing gen 6 added to come back
Why do you want these games to suck?
>>
>>32937854
>digimon tier designs
>what are reshiram and zekrom
>they even fucking DNA digivolve with kyurem
>>
Not sure I even want to play though Alola again.

How many of you guys actually played through S/M more than once, all the way through the E4? Don't lie.
>>
>>32937854
>getting upset that creatures from an alien dimension look weird as fuck.
>>
>>32937867
Never said I liked that clusterfuck either. But at least that could be passed off as a shitty gen 5 design. The only way I can even play through gen 7 is to pretend UB aren't a thing. I don't care if they "aren't pokemon and therefor should look different". You can catch them, you can use them in battle; they are pokemon.
>>
>>32937873
see >>32937885
>>
>>32937871
I played all the way through both Sun and Moon, once as a boy and once as a girl.

Only complaint is the unskippable cutscenes and lack of stuff to do in a lot of the towns.
>>
More UBs in the main story.
>>
>>32934352
-Optional and skippable tutorial bits and cutscenes in general for non-noob newfags/oldfags/replays/other versions playthroughs. I mean, I play anything mainly for the story, but but I don't need them every single goddamn time. Once is enough.

-More Alolan Formes.

-More Megas (without ruining any more with only one stage).

-More leveling options at least in post game. Trainer rematches in general, Secret bases would be nice and would certainly fit the theme of the games (especially with the original S/M commercials), though it wouldn't be a bad thing if they also made the restaurants more like X/Y rather than glorified shops you buy Heart Scales from. And all of the above would just be even better so you have some choice so as to not bore yourself to death grinding the same dman thing.

-New control options. Whether it's simply to give use of the Dpad again as an option like L=A (CS = DP instead, I guess?) or to properly give us the ability to choose our controls. Why this isn't a standard at this point I don't know. Games like Splatoon and ARMS (block on left stick click when not using motion controls, fucking really?) are basically unplayable with their unchangable layout.

-A music player allowing the choice of your overworld and battle musics in the post game at least. Including SD Card music (only reason I can see not to do the latter is for copyright and kid protection in Battle Videos but all they'd have to do is prevent ones with SD music from being uploaded, everything else would be on the user/parent/guardian).

-Easy/Normal/Hard options.

-The option to have Pokémon follow you. I'm sure some don't care/are using the even worse 3DS/2DS so option it.

-More clothing choices. At least the ones from X/Y. Hell, even paid DLC would be acceptable (though unlikely from GF) as long as they don't affect gameplay and/or are made after the game releases.

-Tutors for all past tutor and TM/HM moves.
>>
>>32938410
Also,

-Flagging transferred Shinies to allow them to breed with a much higher Shiny rate (more like 128/65536 by default for transferred Pokémon?) to replace them in the current Gen easily. Forcing us to use new Gen tagged Pokémon only serves to hurt legit players since cheaters aren't going to go away so at the very least they should give those of us lucky and/or persistent enough to get one in the past, the ability to update them easily.

I'm could come up with more, but these would be nice even if most aren't likely.
>>
>>32938418
What did they do to shinies? Last I heard, shinies have been getting easier and easier to obtain. The fact that you are able to go shiny hunting / chaining shinies is already dumb. It should be a once or twice in a lifetime encounter.
>>
File: Alolanekansandarbok.jpg (86KB, 1200x729px) Image search: [Google]
Alolanekansandarbok.jpg
86KB, 1200x729px
>add pic related
literal 10/10 for me
>port the battle frontier from emerald
literal 10/10 from vp
>>
>>32938652
>overdesigned garbage
I am a snake man who owns all sorts of snakes ranging from boa constrictors to false water cobras, and I would not want that garbage in the game.
>>
>>32938713
how's this one? I posted that one first because more people seem to like it. There's also a third yellow bellied sea snake, if you don't care for this one.
>>
File: Poké_Balls_GL.png (140KB, 442x448px) Image search: [Google]
Poké_Balls_GL.png
140KB, 442x448px
>>32934352
Let us get as many jhoto balls as we want instead of just getting one of each per game.
>>
>>32938721
I like this one. Probably even more without the hood though, but a sea snake / cobra combination is interesting.
>>
>>32934352
Give us a hard mode that inherently doesn't have tutorial bullshit and is avaiable without some retarded key trading bullshit.

Cut down on the ridiculous amount of interruptions and cut scenes. Distill Lillie, her character i relatively simple in progression. I don't need her opinion on every other fucking thing. Delete Hau and replace him with literally anything else, that insipid, forced friendship was insanely annoying, just like it was with the three stooges in XY. Given how the two of them pop up so much it kills the pacing of the game, there really is no excuse for them to be that flavorless. I'll credit that Lillie at least has a bit of an arc in learning to be her own person, but so much dialog was wasted on pointless reiteration of information we are already intimately familiar with, it's maddening. I wouldn't mind the amount of dialog if it was made to developing characters with a good amount of depth, but fucking Guzma has more depth and flavor to his character with like, 1/5 of the devoted dialog because we don't have the exact same traits beaten into us so violently and so frequently Hau came across as a fucking Jehovah's Witness to the Church of Malasada.

More alolan forms of non kanto pokemon. Also less non-alolan pokemon/variants thereof.

More places to explore. The dungeons in this game seriously fucking sucked.

Ultimately I cannot see USUM being particularly good. Alola is sort of a cramped and shitty region. Maybe if they completely opened up the islands so you can surf between them and find a bunch if little islands and hidden areas along the way, but that's profoundly unrealistic.
>>
>>32938652
>>32938721
Top ones design, but tiki face crest like bottom one would be perfect

Electric/Poison would a pretty unique type
>>
My list,

Ultra Sun and Moon could be the best games if they add in the usual third version features

>Fix the camera angles so we can see more around us instead of being stuck to the ground
(Though judging by pic related, we're off to a good start)
>Battle Frontier
(Not too worried about this one, GF have been teasing it like crazy and every third version has had something)
>More Ocean areas
(We have way too little for a place based off Hawaii. Open up the seas, let us dive, let us explore some hidden coves, give us a huge variety of water types)
>Expand the UB storyline
(Pretty obvious given the title, I hope its a full scale invasion/infection story, make it feel like the apocalypse when the UBs invade, add in all kinds of deepest lore, have Zygarde do stuff too)
>Bigger Dex
(Confirmed in the trailer, but make it XY huge, if not bigger, it's the last game of the generation and of the system so between both games maybe let us catch em all)
>Older Legendaries/starters
(Added from above, but let us catch all the legendaries like oras did, maybe give them a story reason to be there)
>Expand the region
(Fill in the empty lots, expand on the blocked off areas, and just make the region feel bigger)
>Postgame Gyms
(Keeping the Island Challenge is a must, but let the gyms come too as postgame features, where we can battle and rematch the trial captians with high level teams, make ya boi Guzma a leader too)
>>
>>32938958
I hope you realize this is just a quick cash grab. There might be one or two of those things at most. What you've written is almost like a brand new game, with new areas and gyms and stuff.
>>
>>32939053
90% of things are just the usual add ons for third versions
I dont think its outrageous at all
>>
>>32939053
Sun and Moon were the cash grabs anon. It's obvious they had the balls to sell a demo at full price while they worked on Ultra Sun and Moon.
>>
>less cutscenes and railroading the player
>no Lillie
>all the player to do shit out of order this time.
Alola was a such a weak region I can't imagine wanting to go through it again in exactly the same way but with different story and cutscenes this time around.

>>32938958
>>Expand the UB storyline
I wanted something like this in the originals. I hated how little focus UBs got during the main story. Why even hype something up like that then push it off to the post game for some weak ass quest.
It would've cool to go around the region and fight them off at some point in the story. But no, all we got was helping some girl resolve her family issues.
>>
>>32939146
It was the perfect chance to bring legendary dungeons back, by having openings across the region, entering them, and then going through a UB world dungeon.
>>
File: 1478578073662.gif (344KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1478578073662.gif
344KB, 200x200px
>>32939053
>cash grab
I really don't know what it's like to be a poorfag anon
>>
File: 1475585001453.jpg (86KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1475585001453.jpg
86KB, 700x700px
>>32939146
>no Lillie
she's best pokegirl
>>
>>32936129
Im sure pokepelago will get boost. More pokemon. Different items and maybe a new isle.
>>
>>32939187
I don't either. But what you said has no relevance to my post.
>>
>>32936129

ORAS added new megas so I doubt it'd be an issue here.
>>
>>32937871
I played it twice in full. Barely enjoyed it both times, and the second was just to prove a point to a friend.
>>
>>32939379
>and the second was just to prove a point to a friend
That you are a masochist?
>>
They could do a lot of things but they wont because they dont like doing long anymore and its been only a few months since SM. For whatever reason fans think it doesnt matter and GF will goo all out despite short develpment time

Whats obvious: new cutscenes, redecorated region (allthough dont count on brand new locations), new z-moves, alola forms, tweaked features (im sure there will be more Pokefinder spots)

Its possible they can squeeze in walking Pokemon animations and soaring but thats harly a lot because once again these are just gimmicks, they wont make your game longer

What wont happen: Frontier, PWT, any big facility is out of question with GFs current mindset and Alola already hs two (piss poor) facilities (Royal and Tree) so there wnt be more. Second region is obviously not happening. Also no new islands. No gyms because we saw what looks to be new totem animations. Probably no more old cameos because the annnivesary is over and even then they managed to have just 9 old (very random) characters
>>
>>32934352
More Alola forms
Add more old mons to the dex

Honestly this is all I care about
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.