[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How autistic are you when it comes to Pokémon syntax? Do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1494310203912923.png (463KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
1494310203912923.png
463KB, 638x479px
How autistic are you when it comes to Pokémon syntax? Do you capitalize Trainer? Before XY, did you say SolarBeam and Faint Attack? How do you handle Pokémon plurals?
>>
>>32931783
I use correct plurals and autistically correct other people
>>
>Do you capitalize Trainer?
When used as a title ("Pokémon Trainer Red"), yes. When used as a regular noun ("There are lots of strong trainers!"), no.

>Before XY, did you say SolarBeam and Faint Attack?
Yes. I'm very glad that they changed.

>How do you handle Pokémon plurals?
Correctly. One Pikachu. Three Pikachu. The wild Rattata swarmed the trainers' Pokemon.
>>
>>32931783
What's the answer for the pic OP? I'm stumped
>>
>>32931819
Nidoking is a Poison Type, so the answer is no.
>>
>>32931819
t. Salazzle
>>
>>32931783
Trainer should only be capitalized if its a formal title (Trainer Blue; Pkmn Trainer May)
Pokemon and all their respective specie names are both singular and plural. Think one sheep and several sheep, not one sheep and several sheeps.
>>
>>32931819
No, but it can be poisoned by twinneedle or a poison type move used by a Pokémon with Corrosion as an ability
>>
>>32931809
>Pokemon
bzzt
>>
>>32931783
I used to care more. I don't do stuff that straight up doesn't make sense like SolarBeam, but I follow the plural rules and want not. I used to use Pokémon but f.lux has issues with the keys I need to use so I use Pokemon.
>>
Anyone who pluralizes a pokemon's name by adding an s is wrong. There's no way around that.
>>
>>32931783
I name all my pokemon.
Even ones that i hatched. usually from whatever the last word i heard from the radio or YouTube or podcast or Movie was when it hatched. It means my pokemon have names like "Farming" (not a grass type) and "Recovery" (on a pokemon with no recovery options) and "Hypothesis" (It's a volbeat. i don't even know.)
>>
>>32931931
IDK if you're on Mac or what, but all you have to do is hold alt and then press 1-3-0 on windows. Pokémon. I have f.lux as well and it doesn't cause a problem
>>
I suppose that it makes me doubly autistic for not following the Pokémon name pluralization rule in Latin. Latin has neither Articles, nor Counter words.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_(grammar)
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Japanese/Grammar/Counters
So the fact that Pokémon names aren't pluralized may not make sense in the fact that English lacks Counter words, but it has Articles. Latin has neither counters nor articles, and I'm already renaming everything into a Latin equivalent name so... it was logical to ignore the rule.
Latin nouns have cases.
Japanese doesn't have cases, it has particles.
English lacks both; it uses prepositions, word order, and the determiner "to".
The plural and singular forms of cases are different in Latin.
The idea is just preposterous in Latin; I have bigger problems to worry about.
>>
>>32931828
>>32931898
That's from before abilities existed.
>>
>>32933532
He's right about the Twinneedle bit though
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.