[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm the only one here that doesnt really care about the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: pokemon-surpised.jpg (38KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-surpised.jpg
38KB, 640x360px
Story-heavy games really bore me desu.
I just want fun with my sun copy, i dont care about Lillie or N honestly.
>>
>I'm the only one here
Yes, let me direct you to a place you'll feel more welcome!
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>32924918
I don't care about the story either. I usually just skip all the talking because fighting is more fun.
>>
nope, the games were better when they weren't overly focused on story. The only story I liked was BW1.
>>
>>32924918
That's a defining trait of the pokémon fanbase anon, are you new?
>>
>>32924958
lol true
>>
>>32924958
As a gay transwoman let me be the first to say OP is your kind of broken idiot /vp/ not ours.
>>
>>32924918
I'm in a strange place where I don't care much about the main stories but love the lore and the bits of worldbuilding sprinkled throughout.
>>
Pokemon's strength isn't in storytelling.
Pokemon's strength should always be in atmosphere.

The problem with 6th and 7th gen is they've been taking steps away from atmosphere
>Give each Gym a distinct theme in Gen 5 only to stop doing it
>Trainers have distinct "encounter" themes but take them away in Gen 7
>Allow players the ability to explore and take their own routes for part of the game, remove that in Gen 3, bring in back in Gen 4, then remove it again half way into Gen

What Pokemon needs more is atmospheric storytelling rather than narrative
>>
>>32924918
Yes, you are just a dumb faggot.
>>
Story isint too bad when it's not the main focus of the games. Gf doesn't know how to write characters with more then 2 character traits. Like how Lysander was going off like a loon about how he viewed the world as impure and shit and the professor was just totally okay w8th it all because his only character trait was "nice teacher".

Sun and moons Cutscenes were dreadful and Lillie took way too much focus off the adventure the main self insert was suppose to have.

Gen 3 4 and 5 all had stories that gave you another cause to beat the game outside of become the champion, and did it in a way that still kept the focus mostly on us. Gen 1 had almost no story, team rocket feeling more like a side quest, which may be why they are held so highly. Because most people just want to enjoy an adventure with their team of magical creatures, not be forced to care about badly written characters
>>
File: Sea Mauville.jpg (32KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Sea Mauville.jpg
32KB, 500x281px
>>32925108
This isn't a strange place, this is the patrician opinion to have. It caters to more people as those who like story can have fun seeking it out while those who don't cat just ignore it.
>>
>>32925141
>Pokemon's strength isn't in storytelling.
It can add more strengths.

>What Pokemon needs more is atmospheric storytelling rather than narrative
It can have both. The premise favors both.

>>32925153
The writing is decent, doesn't aim high so it doesn't fail, which makes sense given the target audience. The fanbase should stop hating writing.
>>
>>32924918
Depends on the game for me. Games like Kingdom Hearts, Xenoblade, any of the Final Fantasy games, and most other RPGs just wouldn't be fun or compelling without the story. Pokemon though works better with less in my opinion. The "catch em all" and battle mentality just works better for it. It's why I still find Emerald, Platinum and HGSS so damn replayable.
>>
>>32925141
>Allow players the ability to explore and take their own routes for part of the game, remove that in Gen 3,
You can literally skip two gyms up to the Badge check at Evergrande and the desert, Rt. 123 and the entire area from Sky Pillar to Slateport are optional areas that the story doesn't force you into.
>>
>>32924918
Every pokemon fan prefers no story, anon. You'd be more unique with the opposite opinion. Pokemon is better when there's more focus on world building, rather than a strict narrative.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.