[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bias on Starter Types?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (187KB, 1400x946px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
187KB, 1400x946px
Do you have any bias when picking starters?
What would Pokemon have to do to get you to break your pattern?

I haven't picked a fire starter in any generation (even though I love fighting type). I was going to pick fennekin, but then delphox dropped the witch design of Braxien for more of a mage look which was really disappointing for me. (It also looks horrible in 3d)

The only thing that can stop me from dumping fire starters is a good looking one based off a rabbit (Assuming the zodiac pattern is true)
>>
Yes, most of the time I lean towards Fire because fire is badass. But I'll pick another type if it's more badass than the Fire starter. Such is the case with Feraligatr and Typhlosion, for example.
>>
not really
they all have surprisingly nice feet, would worship most of them
>>
>>32924383
Are you the same fuck that used to spam feet polls on Omegle?
>>
>>32924387
no
>>
>>32924376
I would have picked Infernape if he had a staff like Wukong has.
>>
My favorite starter is the totodile line, basically because they were the first pokemon I ever owned since is started with silver. Alligators were also my favorite animal back in the day. Generally my bias is towards the largest or bulkier starter. I don't have a big issue with new onest but I kinda like the idea of getting a huge monster by your side rather then something that stands up till your shoulder. It just sucks that the pokedex size entries fuck up so many of the size interpretations I use to have
>>
File: howcouldthishappentome.png (771KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
howcouldthishappentome.png
771KB, 1280x720px
The only real bias I have is against fire starters, but that's mostly a design factor. The only two I've really liked the final evos of were charmander and chimchar. What happened to cyndaquil was a goddamn travesty, and I thought litten might do an infernape where the first stage is shit but it gets better, but incineroar isn't enough. Fire snake when?
>>
I typically always picked the fire starter up until Infernape. I just hate monkeys. And Chimchar and Monferno were abominations. So I went with Turtwig. From then on, whenever I didn't like the fire type, I'd choose the grass type. Emboar was another abomination, so Serperior it was. Delphox was better than Chesnaught for me, and Incineroar fucked it all up again, so I took Decidueye. If I do replays, I pick other starters, though.
>>
I choose entirely based on which designs I prefer. I've never chosen a fire type though because they're never my first pick in any region, no matter how much I love them.
>>
>>32924373
Picked Grass in every generation except for 2.
>>
>>32924373
I've picked the Water starter in every gen but 2 and 7. I picked Chikorita because I thought it was too damn adorable not to pick (I also enjoyed the challenge factor), and I picked Rowlet because I didn't like what they did to Popplio.

I've never picked a Fire starter for my first run, and honestly I think they would just have to make others plain bad for me to pick one. Fire as a type doesn't appeal to me. I would've picked Fennekin over Chespin if Froakie was bad, but that's it.
>>
>>32924574
I did the same thing but defaulted to the water starter when the fire starter was shit. I prefer to go with fire because grass and water types are usually extremely common.
>>
Yes. Avoid Gen 5 starters at all costs.
>>
>>32924608
me too, but the exception was 6. Grass has the best designs
>>
>>32924373
Usually no, it depends on the design.
But if all starters looked the exact same and hade identical evolutions, i would pick the water one
>>
>>32924373
Always water for me because water types can learn ice moves that help it beat grass. Plus, none of the water starters are bad in game. I don't think there's a single main game where you'd be in a bad position picking water like having to deal with Falkner and Bugsy with Chikorita or Brock and Misty with Charmander.

...The biggest exception would be 4th gen(even though I haven't actually played it) in which case I'd pick infernape for two reasons: lack of fire types in DP and Empoleon's Steel typing meaning it can't take Infernape's fighting moves or Torterra's Earthquake. Could sway toward Torterra, too, but I'm not sure.

My only playthrough I didn't pick water in besides giving all 3 gen 1 starters a run(still picked Squirtle first) would be gen 7, where I picked Litten because I wanted to try something new. Popplio's clown act made it hard to love what with the clown stigma as of late, and Primarina, while I don't hate it, just didn't appeal to me as a final form. It didn't give me that "wow, you've come so far!" feeling when revealed, though maybe that's just because it was leaked. I honestly was evenly split on Rowlet and Litten, and what ultimately leaned me towards Litten was how people seem to love previous fire starters so much and a lot of people were probably going for Rowlet, so I wanted to try fire for myself. Guess I picked a good game to do it with since I was one of the seemingly few people Totem Lurantis didn't give any trouble to, even though I was doing a Nuzlocke. I might give Popplio a try if I get USUM, though.
>>
Picked fire starter for every gen except 7.
Incineroar is so fucking ugly.
>>
>>32924608
literally me
>>
This might sound weird but I pick them based on the one with highest speed, while a close friend of mine picks the one with the highest HP.
Gen 7 gave us a real dilemma, thanks to Incineroar's speed drop and HP gain, but we ended up deciding based on basic stage (so I picked Litten, while he picked Rowlet).
>>
>>32924373
I'm always biased towards fire type starters. I've picked them in every gen except 6. Two of my favourite Pokemon are fire type starters (charizard, infernape)
>>
Used to be biased towards fire types but then they started being utter shit every gen so I switched to a no-bias choice of whatever starter looked coolest to me (gen 1,2,4 =fire/ gen 3,5,7= grass and water /gen 6= water)
>>
>>32924373
I developed a pretty weird pattern throughout the years, and quite unconsciously and incidentally.

I'm "old" and began playing when Gen 1 came out and picked Squirtle. The next gen I picked Cyndaquil. As for Gen 3 I picked Treecko. Then I stopped playing and resumed with Gen 5 in which I picked Piplup which followed up with Fennekin in Gen 6. With the introduction of the Gen 7 starters I realised that there is a pattern, because I was going to pick Rowlet. Really loved the design (and ghost is my favourite type). So for Gen 8 I hope I'll like the Water starter best again.
>>
Always been Grass or Water.

The Fire type has never been my favorite of the bunch.
>>
>>32924373
_ ____ __ ____ ____ _________
>>
>>32924373
I have a bias against gen 5, not a single good looking starter
>>
>>32924373
It's funny how this pic makes every single starter look good when half of the newer ones look like shit with the official artstyle.
>>
>>32925837
sorry, I meant Oshawott. I only finished a Gen IV game once and in it I benched all 3 of them. All the other times I started with different ones, but never finished the game..
>>
I guess I have a bias for Fire and Grass, for some reason, Water type starters usually don't click with me and ever since I got a Lapras in 1st gen, I think my mind would always go towards a "this Water starter looks cool, but then I'll be missing out on whatever else the game's got for Water types" mindset.

I was this close to picking Popplio in 7th gen despite not really liking Primarina that much, but then I learned more about Mareanie (which its design immediately caught my attention) and simply went for Rowlet instead because Grass/Ghost was a typing I never experimented with and having also taken liking to Rowlet while taking the chance to get a Mareanie.

Toxapex rocks, by the way. I'm not one of those pansies that only prefers the first stage just because it's "cuter", I literally love both of them as a pokemon.
>>
My only bias is to never pick that shitty fire fox ever in my life.

I also use all grass starters.
>>
>>32924466
Yeah man, i'm 6'4" and i always would have thought something like charizard or blastoise would at *least* be as tall as me but nope, they're fucking monlets. I'm pretty sure i'm taller than almost every pokemon barring some that are fuckhuge like wailord.
>>
>>32924373
I never pick fire starters, except Cyndaquil.
>>
>>32924373
I always choose fire.
>>
>>32926392
Kill yourself.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.