[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battle Frontier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: surprise no battle frontier.png (316KB, 650x459px) Image search: [Google]
surprise no battle frontier.png
316KB, 650x459px
Which do you prefer, Gen 3 or Gen 4's?
>>
>>32924341
Gen 3. I'd like Gen 4's Battle Frontier if the battle speed weren't so slow. Also Symbols > Prints
>>
>>32924452
>Symbols > Prints
Yeah I have to agree on this part, I honestly didn't even know they were prints until know I just thought they were like pictures or something.
Although I did enjoy Sinnoh's Battle Frontier a little more.
>>
Battling in gen 3 is almost always better than it is in gen 4 (mostly due to the slowness)

and so is every other game mechanic
>>
fuck the palace though
>>
>>32924341
Gen 3 offers more variety, but I didn't really care to use much except the Tower, Pike, and Factory.

Gen 4 only had 5 options, but I used all of them except the Hall. So I suppose 4 it is.
>>
>muh slowless
Platinum and HG/SS say hi. Even then, D/P wasn't that slow.

Enjoy your attack stats being tied to type, less pokemon, less abilities, less moves, less items, etc.
>>
>>32924902
t. sinnohfetus
>>
>>32925036
t. Retarded faggot :)
>>
>>32924341
i'd merge them togheter to make the ultimate frontier experience
>>
>>32924341
I'm very split. On one hand Gen 3's is bigger, but on the other hand Gen 4's have better quality. I do miss a Battle Pyramid/Pike esque facility though.

Tbh I just want them to combine the two in a future game. Maybe even tuck in Battle Subway/Maison/Tree with some different rules. Battle Revolution would be a good inspiration.
>>
>>32924341
3, because it explored everything people want when they say they want change in the battle formula because pokemon is """boring an repetitive""".

>palace - genetics
>dome - team comp
>factory - knowledge
>pyramid - resources
>arena - efficiency
>pike - adaptation
>tower - endurance

often overlooked in a game franchise where you can steamroll through without much thought. the emerald frontier by itself turned me from a casual to a tourneyfag.
>>
>>32925036
>I don't have a proper counter-arguement so I'm just gonna call him a sinnohfetus

>oh no someone doesn't share the same opinion as me better insult them like any grown up person would do
>>
>>32924341
4. Emerald's was a good idea executed horribly.
>>
>>32924902
>Platinum and HG/SS say hi.
Platinum fixed the surfing speed which was a small part of the problem, you absolute fucking retard. It didn't even come close to fixing the terrible slowness in every menu and every battle.

>Even then, D/P wasn't that slow.
Oh nevermind you're baiting
>>
>>32925126
>Battle Subway: Elimination Battles
Switching Pokémon is prohibited. When a Pokémon is defeated, both Trainers send in their next Pokémon. Best of [number of Pokémon on each team] wins. From the Waterfall Colosseum from Battle Revolution.

>Battle Maison: Mix Battles
Before every battle, both Tainers' teams get mixed together into a common pool from which both will pick from. From the Neon Colosseum of Battle Revolution.

>Battle Tree: Scout Battles
Held Items are prohibited. Every time you defeat a Trainer, you can scout them to add them to your roster. Every Trainer Class have their own effects on your team, such as Rangers providing your Pokémon berries to hold and Blackbelts raising your Attack by one stage, etc. etc. Only [x] Trainers can be on your side at a time. Special Trainers have unique effects, like Wally providing Mega Stones. Inspired by the SM Battle Tree.
>>
>>32925132
to follow up, 4 offered to little to be interesting. tower and factory were clones so they get ruled out. that's less than half of them being new!

>arcade is just the pike without the walking
>hall is just tower endurance with the foresight of dome
>castle is only slightly interesting but reuses arena gimmicks with post-fight rewards

overall the experience wasn't new enough and seemed too recycled. sometimes raw concept experimentation is more fun that mediocre tower clones. for this same reason, no other facility has amused me since. literal tower clones in every single generation.
>>
>>32925188
It really wasn't slow at all. Sorry you have ADHD, you fucking retarded shithead.
>>
>>32925204
>Battle Tower
>Battle Dome
>Battle Palace
>Battle Arena
>Battle Pike
>Battle Pyramid
>Battle Factory
>Battle Roulette
>Battle Castle
>Battle Hall
>Battle Subway (Elimination Battles)
>Battle Maison (Mix Battles)
>Battle Tree (Scout Battles)
>Battle Institute (Inverse Battles)
>Black Tower (now a real facility)
>White Tree (now a real facility)
>Battle Royal
>PWT
The Ultimate Battle Frontier.
18 Battle Facilities.
The dream that will never come true.
>>
File: 1477166061492.png (239KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1477166061492.png
239KB, 600x338px
Never played emerald, platinum, or hgss so neither.
>>
>>32925276
Add a Battle Restaurant for grinding purposes and a Battle Chateau for Tiny Cup battles. Boom, a nice 20.

Maybe also a Day Care in the style of ORAS to really boost the two I just mentioned.
>>
>>32925188
>>32925259

the problem with DP was its horridly slow HP drain, which Platinum and HGSS fixed for the most part, still slower then most other gens, but its good enough.
>>
File: Battle Frontier RIBBON GALORE.png (42KB, 266x1444px) Image search: [Google]
Battle Frontier RIBBON GALORE.png
42KB, 266x1444px
>>32925276
>>32925312
Don't forget the Ribbons!
>>
>>32925259
It literally takes 25 seconds for Blissey's HP bar to drain at level 50. Stop looking at things with nostalgia goggles and make an objective opinion, you fucking nostalgiafag autist.

>>32925367
All Platinum did was fix the surfing speed. Take 2 DSs with DP and Platinum and put them side by side. They both run on the same engine.
>>
>>32924341
My favorite facilities are Battle Dome and Factory. The tourney system of the dome and the surprises in Factory are just excellent.

I'm fine with any sort of frontier as long as it has these two.
>>
>>32925985
>It literally takes 25 seconds for Blissey's HP bar to drain at level 50.
You're wrong yet again. Cool

>Stop looking at things with nostalgia goggles and make an objective opinion, you fucking nostalgiafag autist.
Not an argument. Also nice baseless projection
>>
Emerald's frontier is still the best post-game in the series, B2/W2 come close though
>>
3 had the superior frontier brain theme, but it also had the battle palace and the battle pike which were pretty shitty

I like the Sinnoh one a little bit more than the hoenn frontier
>>
ORAS frontier is best frontier.
>>
>>32927354
Wasn't BW2's postgame just "you can go to all these places from the first game"? I never got around to exploring the postgame much, I might with a fresh playthrough.
>>
>>32924902
>Platinum and HGSS significantly improve the speed from DP meme

At least you didn't fall for the "DP is unbearably slow in every way" meme, regardless the IV Frontier is still shit for its boring gimmicks
>>
PWT
>>
>>32928678
>PWT
>Black Tower / White Tree
>Pokéstar Studios
>Lots of post-game areas to explore
>lots of daily events
>lots of Legendary encounters
>literally the side-story of the little girl whose family was murdered by Darkrai and was subsequently killed herself who now haunts the bridge she used to play on as well as her now-abandoned house where she forever cries out for her father
>Medal Rally
>>
Gen 3 is better unless you're going for 100%, because the palace is the dumbest gimmick in the entire franchise
>>
>>32930296
I haven't gotten around to tackling battle palace yet, but it seems pretty straightforward. just make a team with quirky nature or something that will always be aggressive. Seems pretty shallow compared to the other facilities.
>>
>>32930347
The idea is okay in theory but it fucking sucks in reality. Though, it would be fucking awesome if they had refined it and used it as the AI for wild Pokémon. Right now, all wild Pokémon choose their moves at fucking random, so having their Nature determine their move selection would make for a much more interesting experience.
>>
>>32930425
Stop making me depressed, everyone knows GF will never do this
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.