[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your first shiny reaction?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 16

My first shiny was a shiny buneary in DP.
I trough it was a glitch so i restarted the DS.
>>
>>32922813
Shiny golbat. I ran from it because i didn't think much of it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>32922813
Same, but it was a shiny Parasect from Safari Zone in Fire Red.
>>
Does the Red Gyarados count?
>>
>>32922813

Shiny Graveler on Iron Island.
>>
"Oh shit, Shiny Registeel" then I threw the Master Ball I had. It's long gone though.
>>
Shiny Psyduck in Pearl. His name is Jonathan and he's in my bank. I totally flipped because all the kids at school were showing off shinies and I had never even seen one not hacked before.
>>
I've never seen a shiny.
>>
>>32922813
My first shiny was Bibarel.
>>
Why where we so retarded as a kid?
>>
My reaction was "meh". It's a slowpoke I caught in Leaf Green. I did get excited when I caught a shiny poochyena in Emerald, though.
>>
Shiny Machoke on Mt. Coronet. Shit was so cash. Before I remembered I had no friends to trade with to get a Machamp, and my autism made it so I couldn't use a non-fully evolved pokemon. I threw him in a box like a trophy.
>>
>>32922902
You're still retarded.
>>
>first shiny was in a ROM
>>
File: download.jpg (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3KB, 225x225px
>>32922813
>I thought it was a glitch so I restarted my DS

I don't understand why so many people thought this, I knew what shinies were back in gold and silver as a little kid

It has its own color and even it's special own animation, why wouldn't anyone interpret that as a glitch?

Never heard of the red Gyarados??
>>
>>32922952
He thought this because he began with DP. :^)
No but seriously, I don't know why so many peoples believed that.
>>
>>32922952
I actually had no idea shinies existed back in Gold and Silver - never seen one
>>
My first shiny, coincidentally, was a Wurmple. This was back when people weren't quite sure how Wurmple evolved, so i was always disappointed when it tried evolving into Cascoon(I think shiny Beautifly looks way better than Shiny Dustox)
>>
>>32922972
You never played Gold and Silver. Ever heard of the Red Gyarados?
>>
>>32922813
My first shiny was a Hoothoot in silver i noticed the weird color and thought something important related to the history was going to happen so i catched him and deposited it in pc, later nothing happened and forgot about it.
>>
>>32922952
I only had a japanese copy of Silver. I never had the game express what a shiny was and I never saw one until Sapphire, where it was the first time I encountered that 'mon and I simply mis-remembered it's colour for years to come.
>>
>>32922813
Shiny golbat in ruby version grinding for exp. in the cave before the elite four thought something was wrong restarted the game
>>
>>32922987
Why are you repeating "Ever heard of the red Gyarados?" like it's some mythical thing that isn't the most normie shiny in the world.
You don't have to capture the Gyarados, so not everyone who played Gen 2 has a shiny
That's assuming that people who played it actually know that there's a chance for OTHER Pokémon to be miscoloured.
>>
Was grindin my team to face the elite 4 in Ruby. I knew what shinies were but never expected I'd run intout one myself. Absolutely lost my shit when I came across a shiny Hariyama. Pretty sure I still have it somewhere in one of the Gen 6 games.
>>
Shiny Houndour in Platinum.
It used Roar.
>>
Some cute and nice stories here. Came ave as my first natural shiny in game last year. Was doing a berry tree run in omega ruby, just walked over the bridge where the swablu fly and I had one patch of grass to walk over. Was hoping not to get in a battle. Low and behold I did. However to my surprise a beautiful golden swablu greeted me. My first shiny and I love him.
>>
>>32923010
You NEED to at least meet him. If you think that Gyarados normal color is red, than that's your problem.
>>
>>32923063
That's not remotely what I said.
I said assuming you played Gen 2, assuming you played that part, assuming it's in recent memory, assuming you understood that the Red Gyarados wasn't JUST a story event it's perfectly possible to still have forgotten or not known what a shiny was when it shows up non-scripted considering the odds
You normie twat
>>
>>32922813
Shiny Poliwag in Crystal.
>>
>>32923074
>I said assuming you played Gen 2, assuming you played that part,
Sure, maybe.
>assuming it's in recent memory,
That's not something you forget easily.
>assuming you understood that the Red Gyarados wasn't JUST a story event it's perfectly possible to still have forgotten or not known what a shiny was when it shows up non-scripted considering the odds
I don't think you need to be Eistein to link a different colored Pokémon with the Red Gyarados. For some reasons, me and a lot of peoples did not have this problem.
>You normie twat
lmao do you even know what does normie mean or you're just using a buzzword to make you look cool?
>>
>>32923098
>Kids don't forgot incredibly brief story moments you don't even have to succeed at
>Expecting a child without autism to realise, assuming they have seen the Pokémon before, that there's something wrong with the colour and it clearly has something to do with that time that there was a different coloured Gyarados even though the story explicitly called it a Red Gyarados and you have no reason to think that it would either be totally random later or even in different games that never mention
>Thinking basically going "HAVEN'T YOU EVER HEARD OF THE MEW GLITCH LMAO?" because someone said "I never tried to catch mew" isn't youtube comments tier normie

You were literally wrong to begin with because you're saying "I don't see how (Thing multiple people have said happened to them) could happen" and I'm telling you that just because you're a new player/normie doesn't mean most of us remembered one scene of a game almost 20 years ago when a completely different game did a similar thing without any warning
>>
File: Blunder.jpg (39KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
Blunder.jpg
39KB, 600x452px
>Be me
>playing diamond in 2008
>find shiny Buizel
>fuckin get in
>catch it and evolve it into Floatzel
>put it in My Pokemon Ranch with other mons like Cresselia and Regigigas to try and get that Mew like the 11 year old greenhorn that I am
>forget about it for a while
>little brother deletes save file on Diamond
>shiny Floatzel is just stuck there in the ether
>on fuckin My Pokemon Ranch
>F O R E V E R
>mfw
>>
Found her on my first playthrough of platinum. Love her. New favorite mon. Younger brother deletes save file.
>>
>>32923147
>the absolute state of you
>>
>>32923063
Sure because everyone played GEN 2,right?
>>
File: 1498446443670.png (126KB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
1498446443670.png
126KB, 309x313px
>>32922813
>playing Sapphire
>knew that shinies were a thing
>encounter a wingull for the first time ever.
>Must have looked away from the screen and didn't see the sparkle
>Murder the green striped wingull.
>Encounter a regular wingull and immediately realize my mistake.
>>
My last shiny was an HM slave Bibarel in Platinum. I wanted to kill myself that time, because a while before this I was trying to catch a shiny Ralts, giving up for the sake of my nerves.
>>
>>32922952
Ever heard of being a child
>>
>>32923217
Also I must be cursed because now I've found a lot of shinies over the last two gens but all of them have been shinies that have had mystery gift releases.

A modest Hydreigon has been the best thing I've found yet I still hate how it was one that was given out. It's no different than catching a shiny gyarados to me.
>>
Shiny Raticate, west of Ecruteak City in Pokemon gold.

I caught it, but never used because I hate Raticate. You know, it's just my mom's rat.
>>
A Hoothoot in Pokemon Silver. I didn't think it was a glitch because I wasn't a retarded child.
>>
>>32922813
A shiny tentacool in Diamond, I kept encountering them and was spamming run.

Was pretty much crying after I realised what I had done ;_;
>>
>>32923317
If it was before you knew what shinies were you might actually be more retarded for assuming it was a one in fucking stupid chance at showing up.
If someone told you about shinies on a playground you'd slap them for peddling more of that beat-Prof-Oak-to-get-Mew shit
>>
>>32922813
>be me
>playing firered
>decide to go fill the pokedex some more, using safari zone
>first encounter is a shiny chansey
>extremely exited
>throw safari ball, three shakes and it breaks
>Wild Chaney fled!
>>
File: 025Pikachu1.png (399KB, 515x306px) Image search: [Google]
025Pikachu1.png
399KB, 515x306px
Pikachu in the Safari Zone in Emerald. I felt great after catching it.
>>
Shiny Zubat in hg and shiny piloswine in pearl. Caught the bat but accidently killed the swine
>>
>>32922813
A shiny Girafarig in one of GSC's game. I was like "oh, it sparkles", and don't care about it because it was a shitmon for me when I was a kid.
>>
Grimer in Fiery Path

Caught it, but I can't blame people who ran or reset. Shit is weird and extremely rare
>>
>>32922813
Shiny magikarp in Sapphire, I think.
I was pretty confused at first. I caught it, and it promptly became worthless when HG/SS came out.
>>
>>32922833
My first shiny was a Golbat too, but I caught it.
>>
Shiny Golbat in Ruby Sky Pillar. While making my way to the top I ran into one. I had no idea what a shiny is, I assumed it was a scripted encounter that was supposed to ambush you on the last floor, in a similar manner to Red Gyarados (everyone was calling it like that among my friends). I still caught it out of curiosity and evolved into Crobat (another suprise for me because I never knew Golbat could evolve).
About shinies I learned like a year after that.
>>
>>32922813
My first was a Skarmory in Ruby, I think. Also happened to be the first Skarmory I see, so I didn't think of it too much, thinking that's what it's supposed to look like.
It wasn't until I see a shiny Spinda that I finally recognized what that was all about.
>>
First shiny was a Starly in diamond. Even though I played every title before it I didn't know what a shiny was. But I still caught it because I thought it was important or something. Older brother later told me what it was and how it was super rare.
>>
>>32922813
Shiny psyduck in Fire Red. I almost snapped when got it. It's in Platinum now.
>>
>>32922813
>Sinnohfetuses
>>
>Doing some grinding on Route 35 in a HG Nuzlocke run
>Nidoran pops out
>Immediately assume it's a Nidoran F due to the color and me not really paying attention
>Suddenly realize that it's actually a shiny Nidoran M

Was pretty hyped since Nidoking is one of my favorite Pokemon. Unfortunately he went down later in the game, so he sitting in a box right now until I complete the run.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>32922813
First shiny found and caught was a shiny shuppet in Sapphire. I remembered it being pink though.
>>
>>32922813
Shiny pikachu in pokemon X having seen all the shiny sprites and overexposure I didn't care and traded it to someone.
>>
at 14 years old: I'm going to cum! I'm going to cum!

my first cum without hands
>>
File: shiny-ferroseed.jpg (157KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
shiny-ferroseed.jpg
157KB, 467x700px
This cutie on BW2. I couldn't believe my luck- I wanted a Ferroseed for my team anyway, and it's even Brave.
>>
Shiny Exeggcute in LG Safari Zone, luckily it didn't flee.
After that shiny I caught a bunch more in the Safari Zone, surprisingly easy to find them there.
>>
>>32922813
Shiny Zubat. Literally froze up because I wasn't even hunting for shinies. Caught it.

Next day looking for a Magby, only one on that route I didn't catch early. ANOTHER FUCKING SHINY. Caught it.

Neither has left the box btw. Sun.
>>
>>32922813
I had encountered a lot of shinies, but my first one was in Sapphire. I was trying to catch sone Pokémon for then transfer then to SoulSilver, then I found a Shuppet with the same color but I noticed there was something different, then the shiny sparkling appeared and I said "Oh fuck a Shiny Shuppet", then I caught it and transfered as soon as possible to SoulSilver.

It is dead right now because I restarted my SoulSilver and I forgot that I had a Shiny Shuppet. A Shiny Ursaring that I used it as HM Slave suffered the same destiny, but at least I still having my Farfetch'd, Magikarp, Crobat, Bellossom, Shinx, and Pawniard
>>
>>32923229
Contrary to popular belief, being a child doesn't make you a fucking retard.
>>
>>32923010
How fucking dense are you? The whole point of it is to show off ths new feature
>>
>>32923345
No, a non-retarded child would be curious and interested in their strange and new Pokemon. "OH NO THE POKEPOLICE ARE GOING TO ARREST ME FOR MY GLITCHMON" is the exact thing a low functioning autistic child would think.
>>
It was a Zubat caught a few days after Gold was released. Thankfully, everyone on Pokemon forums of the time knew for over a year that shiny Pokemon were a feature, otherwise I'd have probably just killed it without realizing what it was.
>>
I have a few first shiny pokemon
The first one I acquired was a charmander from masuda method in soulsilver
And in X, chain fishing got me a shiny staryu after ~70 reels with shiny charm
My only full odds wild shiny was a gumshoos in sun, no SOS or charm to manipulate odds
I've since gone back to gen5 and 6 to hunt further because I had charms in those games and have ~30 shiny pokemon boxed in sun now
>>
>>32924631
So fucking gross.
>>
First found shiny was a Pigdey just north of Pallet town while playing HG, thought it was pretty cool. But I'd hacked/MM'd for plenty before that, so it wasn't super amazing or anything.
>>
>>32925044
Did you lose your girlfriend?
>>
>>32922813
I think I was playing Theta Emerald and I caught a shiny female Nosepass.

sucked because it's just a hack game so maybe shinies show up more often in hacks and I don't like Nosepass.

In Pkmn Prism I caught a shiny Trapinch. that was a bit more exciting.
>>
>>32925059
I named it after my gf at the time and gifted it to her. I was trying to find a Plusle for her since it's her favorite mon. She eventually left me and kept the Pidgey.
>>
>>32925086
>sucked because it's just a hack game
>In Pkmn Prism I caught a shiny Trapinch. that was a bit more exciting.
>>
>>32922813
>shiny zubat in Gold
Already had a vague idea what a shiny Pokemon was since a friend shown me his shiny Krabby on a playground, so I just caught it.

Sadly the flash battery on all of my gen 2 games is kill now. Rip Crobat.
>>
>>32922813
You too? Mine was a shiny Marill.
>>
>>32922813
Heard about shinies from my sister, then later ran into a shiny magnemite in emerald.

"Oh a shiny magnemite. Neat."

Weakend it with false swipe then caught it.

Then duplicated the shit out of it using the battle tower glitch and traded the clones for other pokemon I wanted.
>>
File: 000.jpg.png (351B, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
000.jpg.png
351B, 100x100px
Stingulor in X
>>
>playing White, looking for a Drilbur
>Shiny Roggenrola appears
>Mild excitement
>Catch it, but never use it because I know that once it evolves I'll probably never have a Shiny Roggenrola again
>>
>>32922813
>be me playing diamond
>see a hole on the underside of the bike bridge
>go in it and find wayward cave
>first encounter is a female green zubat
>"must be something that happens in this area"
>catch it because it looked cool
>becomes best mon when realizing what it is
>never evolve it because it may lose that effect
>lose the save file due to losing the cartridge
>fuck
>years later replaying heart gold
>at slowpoke cave trying to get a slowpoke
>zubat after zubat meme
>suddenly she appears to me once again
>still have her to this day not evolved

It's beautiful, no
>>
Mine was linoone in ruby. i didnt know what shinies were at the time, but i noticed the linoone had yellow eyes and reddish stripes, also had a sparkle animation. i had never seen that happen before so i caught it. it wasnt til my 3rd shiny that i knew what they were, honestly. my second one was a hypno, and i thought it was pink like from the episode of the show with the pinkan berries.
>>
>>32922813
I had a shiny Rattatta in Crystal. I had no idea what the fuck a shiny was.
>>
ok
>>
Gen II
>Obligatory Res Gyarados
>Gold Hoothoot before I had the Pokédex holy shit I'm still mad
>Blue Unown-I in Crystal

Gen III onward
>Cyan Poliwhirl caught on Leaf Green cart in the lake around the Dotted Hole; evolved into a Politoed and Politoed has been my favorite Pokémon ever since
>Gold Magikarp on LeafGreen ROM; the very definition of a trophy
>A fucking Tentacool in Y
>Orange Venipede in X
>A bunch of other shit that I don't count because the Shiny Charm and Masuda Method casualized the experience
>>
File: 225.png (600B, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
225.png
600B, 56x56px
My first shiny was a delibird in Pokemon gold. At that time I didn't know that shiny Pokemon exist so I thought it was a female delibird (yeah pink=female for me at that time) so I killed it.
>>
>>32925106
>>32925106
yeah, got a problem with that? fuck you, cocksucker.
also, way to only rely on segments of my sentence. It's unexciting because I don't like Nosepass and I'd rather have a shiny in an official games
>>
>>32923147
what a moron
>>
>>32922813
Same, At first I was super exited and catched it, then I though it was nothing special and that i could find some more pink buneary. I got tired of searching and found out what Shinies are. Then I got exited again, showed my shiny to my friends.
>>
My first was shiny Boldure on Victory Road in Black/White.
Very lucky because it had Sturdy.
>>
Unironically a gold magikarp which I caught in Vermillion city in LG. Still have it in my moon save file at lv 80 odd
>>
File: magnemite.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
magnemite.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>32922813
>Be little me is 2006
>Catch shiny diglet and magnemite while doing a run in fire red
>transfer them to XD gale of darkness to see them in all there 3d glory
>Get them to level 100 grinding through mt battle
>wreck friends who come over and battle me with them
>feels good man
>brother playing dragonball budokai and somehow manages to knock the gamecube over unplugging it while it was saving
>get angry tell him to scram
>pop in XD to make sure everything ok with gamecube
>no save data was found
>NANI?!
>fly right to the gamecube memory
>not a single game on it
>break into tears and gave up on pokemon for 2 yrs
>>
>>32922813
Shiny Horsea in Fire Red
It was something like "Wait, did that Pokemon just glitter HOLY SHIT IT'S A SHINY, I ACTUALLY FUCKING ENCOUNTERED A SHINY!"
>>
File: 2577-Shiny-Solosis.png (58KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
2577-Shiny-Solosis.png
58KB, 300x297px
>>32922813
My actual first one was a shiny Zubat in Gold, excluding the red Gyarados. Bet you can't guess what happened to that after a good year of playing the fuck out of the cart.

I never got another shiny afterwards until White, where I ran into a shiny Solosis. I'm surprised so many of you killed shinies and never heard about it, even without having heard about it from other people way back, the fact it had that shiny animation surely should've indicated it was something special at least.
>>
>>32924807
This.
>>
>>32926121
DELET
>>
shiny shuppet in sapphire, caught it because it looked different. Always wondered why it sparkled when I sent it out in battle and why the pokedex number in summary was gold. Didn't knew it was a shiny at the time. Eventually I started new game which I regret to this day.
>>
Shiny Abra

I luckily had a Spore Parasect as my party leader.
>>
First shiny reaction: Well, at least I have this Gyarados.
First shiny from reading a guide: Wow! That whole trading Gyarados back to Red actually worked?! Holy shit!
First wild shiny: WhaaaaYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
First bred shiny: I don't care that I was going for IVs, this thing is now in my party. [upon completing the game it was pentaperfect anyway]
>>
>>32922813
>Be me
>Young lad
>Playing Fire Red
>Find a yellow Graveler
>Think it's a glitched coloring
>Runs away
>Proceeds as if nothing happened
>Looking back on it realize it was shiny.
>tfw I never found a shiny ever since and I've played every Gen besides 5.
>>
File: Hoothoot_cristal_variocolor.gif (8KB, 60x60px) Image search: [Google]
Hoothoot_cristal_variocolor.gif
8KB, 60x60px
I think it was a glitch too
>>
Shiny Skitty in Diamond after New Years fireworks. Caught it, gave it to my friend.
She lost the catridge though.
And then she had a thing with my now ex-boyfriend behind my back. Good times.
>>
>>32923837
Mine was a Zubat, I killed it ;_;
>>
>>32923216
Get out.
>>
My first shiny was a shiny Butterfree in second gen at the National Park.
Didn't manage to catch it. Was bummed.
>>
I wish I could say I was surprised this board has this many "I TOT ET WAZ A GLEECH" borderline vegetable retard babies on it.
>>
>>32928263
L O N D O N
>>
File: 043_Oddish_Shiny.png (82KB, 568x600px) Image search: [Google]
043_Oddish_Shiny.png
82KB, 568x600px
>>32922813
shiny Oddish in Emerald when i was 12. i knew what shinies were at the time but didn't realize they were so rare so i wasn't that excited. i nicknamed it "Bling" (creative, i know) and evolved it into a Bellossom which i still have
>>
>Playing white
>Leving Relic Cave or whatever it was called
>This beautiful bastard pops up
I just boxed him, but I ended up using it to play through OR/AS, can't remember which one
I'm glad I got such an amazing Shiny as my first
>>
I've never ran into a non-Friend Safari wild shiny, but my first shiny was a Drought Vulpix after 92 Masuda Method eggs.
>>
>>32923142
What is this argument you're even using to excuse your actual retardation
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.