[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 6 was good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: Pokemon-X-Y-Box Art.jpg (864KB, 3649x1607px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-X-Y-Box Art.jpg
864KB, 3649x1607px
>>
>>32922434
Only compared to 5 and 7.
>>
>>32922434
Its lows were low but its highs are really high. I've always liked it.
>>
>>32922434
Only compared to DP and SM

>>32922450
>compared to Gen 5
Anon, when compared to Gen 5, XY looks like shit and BW and BW2 looks like masterpieces.
>>
I don't like what you like so that means you must be wrong
>>
>>32922472
>unovabortion
literally worse than genwunners
>>
File: IMG_0017.jpg (36KB, 267x177px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0017.jpg
36KB, 267x177px
>>32922450
>>
>>32922492

(You)
>>
I agree.
>>
>>32922434
mechanically, they're the best games out there. just content wise the games shit the bed which is a shame
>>
>every shitmon in gen 6 has a place in my heart
>I actually like the ost
>megas that made unplayable trash I loved busted will forever be sacked by nintendo
>best region with hottest professor, coolest gym leaders aesthetically and most beautiful legendaries are hated because of a lack of endgame content
>best trainer customization that will never be topped by SM
Idk, XY made it easy to replay the game and it made me feel like it was a nice little welcoming package into 3D pokemon with a cool aesthetic. favorite games in the series desu
>>
>>32922434
Gen 6 was solid, gen 7 is trash.
and I mean TRASH, it is literally the worst core game of all time.
>>
>>32922492
>implying real genwunners are any more realistic than summerfags
>denying that one of the biggest games in pokemon in general are not one of the biggest pokemon games in general
How does it feel to be this oblivious?
>>
File: 1498962546642[1].jpg (852KB, 2820x1586px) Image search: [Google]
1498962546642[1].jpg
852KB, 2820x1586px
>>32922434
Gen 1 was better.
>>
>>32922434
It's not nice to tell lies anon
>>
>>32922434
only compared to 1
>>
Lmaooo.

I can't until gen 8 when people will praise sun and moon
>>
>>32922434
Gen 6 was garbage, so was 7. All Pokémon fans should agree with this. Genwunners, johtoddlers, heonnbabbies, sinnohfetuses and unovabortions. It doesn't matter. They should all agree Gen 6 and 7 (also known as 6.5) is bottom of the barrel. It's shit. It's what ruined Pokémon.
>>
>>32923026
>gen 5 out
>I still praise 4
>start praising 5
>gen 6 out
>I still praise 5 and 4
>start hating 6
>gen 7 out
>I still praise 5 and 4
>I still hate 6
>start hating 7
>gen 8 out
>nothing will change
>will probably hate 8
>>
>>32923026
People are already doing it, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not.
>>
>>32923070
I like your taste

(although I don't hate 7)
>>
>>32923081
I'll probably start liking 7 when they fix some of SM's problems in USM. Basically same thing that happened when they released DP and then fixed them with Pt.
>>
>>32923047
Both were good
>>
>>32923099
Yea I also got my qualms with SM but I also like many things in it so it's kinda in the middle for me..neither among my favorites nor do I hate it. Hope these games improve gen 7 as a whole
>>
>>32922434
And probably would had been even better if a "Z" version happened.

What a shame that Zygarde didn't amount to anything special in SM, hopefully USUM does something. Complete form better be permanent in USUM
>>
>>32922862
People say this literally every generation.
"Gen 5 was solid, Gen 6 is trash.
and I mean TRASH, it is literally the worst core game of all time."
>>
Great Pokémon. Great looking region. Introduced lots of good features like clothes, rollerskates, and Amie. Evil team's plot is culturally relevant. Great diversity of Pokémon. Large region.
>>
>>32922434
The only good thing about gen 6 was the QoL changes. Everything else was pure shit. It's better than SM though
>>
>>32923182
but Gen 5 was great and Gen 6 is trash
this was my opinion on each ever since they came out
>>
File: get.gif (2MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
get.gif
2MB, 400x286px
>>32922472
>BW2
You realize they are the only reason gen 5 is arguably good, XY didn't get the chance to be improved and even then is better than BW
>>
>>32922434
To me gen six was very bland. The only thing I enjoyed were the variety in wild pokemon and Slurpuff but that's it
>>
>>32923394
>and Slurpuff

(You)
>>
Maybe it was, but it was nothing more than good. Pokémon deserves much more than just good.
>>
>>32922434
The new mechanics and fairy typing were great but XY was still just an awful game.
>>
>>32922434
Nothing to deny here. Kalos was great. I wanted gamefreak to complete what they started instead of rushing out ORAS and S&M. Alola is horrid.
>>
>>32924819
If Kalos wasn't a shafted region overall, maybe gen6 would be better than most...but alas, it will remain the only gen without any follow-up games to fix what was broken
>>
>>32922434
B8
>>
>>32922434
It was a short but fun game. Not very memorable, but I had a good time with it.
>>
File: IMG_1559.jpg (53KB, 209x268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1559.jpg
53KB, 209x268px
>Obnoxious "rivals"
>Started nostalgia pandering in main games that lead to shitty Pokemon distribution
>Pointless places like power plants and Route 114 scary house
>Lame "dungeons" like Sea Spirit's Den, Chamber of Emptiness, and Unknown Dungeon
>Evil team with no interesting characters outside pic related (and even he was disappointing)
>Lame postgame (Emma quest, half-hearted battle facilities, and that's about it)
>Too many free giveaway Pokemon
>Inverse Battles were wasted
>Sky Battles lead to shitty flying Pokemon models
The worst part is that SM ditched the actually somewhat decent parts (Horde Battles, skates, Mega Evos, and a few other things I've forgotten because I haven't played in a few years). What a waste.
>>
File: cantwaitforgen8.png (3KB, 465x109px) Image search: [Google]
cantwaitforgen8.png
3KB, 465x109px
prove
me
wrong
>>
File: Serena Gekkouga.png (38KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Serena Gekkouga.png
38KB, 800x600px
I'll still go by the notion that the series usually gets better and better in terms of gen-starters. While some aspects are flawed, the same can be said for almost any of them, and almost all of them lack a postgame that /vp/ obsesses over; Emerald and BW2 are both third versions/sequels, and have the Battle Frontier and PWT that everyone loves. I'd say that Gen VI brought a bunch of much-needed changes to the series, and did a good job at doing it, even if the postgame content was a step down from BW2 or other third versions. The improved breeding and communication features made X and Y a great multiplayer Pokemon game. Most gen-starters' replayability revolves either around playing the main game again or playing with other people, and XY did a nice job with the latter.
The quality of remakes is an entirely different story, however.
>>
Gens 1-5 are all-around pretty solid with their own pros and cons. Gens 6 and 7 are fucking trash. All of Gen 6 is basically an unfinished product.
>>
MEANWHILE IN AN ALTERNATE FUCKING UNIVERSE.
>>
>>32925952
Easy. Gen 5 is fucking trash, while 6 and 7 are both good.
>>
>>32930035
Oh dear, did you mean to switch the 5 and 6 around? Such careless fucking mistakes are made on this forum sometimes...
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.