[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Yellow is the only pre-3DS game that Europe bought more of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: sales.png (101KB, 1348x750px) Image search: [Google]
sales.png
101KB, 1348x750px
>Yellow is the only pre-3DS game that Europe bought more of than Japan.
>Europe bought Gen V way less than previous games, and are the main reason BW's sales are a lower.
>B2W2 is the only game where Japan is the highest percentage of sales.
>Europe's sales have increased and overtaken Japan's starting with XY.
>Japan's sales have decreased noticeably with the 3DS games.

What conclusions do you draw from this?
>>
>>32917136
europe should be bombed and made clean once more
>>
>>32917136
I'm guessing starting with the 3DS era, Pokemon games became more available.
>>
Pokemon was marketed very poorly here in Europe until the 3ds gens. By gen 5, Pokemon was basically irrelevant.
>>
Japan video gaming in general is declined

They are mobile market now
>>
>>32917148
As European, this guy is right.
But, before that, give me a month to search for a house in Mongolia.
>>
>>32917160
This
>>
Also Europe got games later than America so they pirate the shit out of it before it released in Europe

Now worldwide release everyone plays it at same time
>>
>>32917136
Aren't the sales in europe naturally going to be lower because they're fragmented by language? Europe is a big place but doesn't have Japan's NEET density or America's sheer numbers
>>
>>32917136
This makes me very ashamed of being European. Fuck them.
>>
>>32917136
>Europe always got games way later than Murica and Japa
>Europe basically got zero marketing for Pokémon at all whatsoever
>Somehow it's surprising that Europe had the worst sales of the three
>Somehow it's surprising that the 3DS-era boosted Europe's sales so much since that's when worldwide releases and online marketing became a thing for Pokémon
>>
>>32917168
This. I hadn't heard of either HGSS or BW before they were already out.
>>
>>32917215
eh, the numbers aren't actually that bad.

The population of the EU (currently still counting the UK) is over 700 million (about double that of the US).

the UK alone has 20% of the US's population. America's big, but it's pretty fucking empty.

the language thing is fair, but all the games have been multilingual for a while.

I'd say the simultaneous worldwide releases (excluding ORAS and SM) are a factor, since we get hyped and then get the game, rather than getting hyped, forgetting about it for several months, and then maybe getting the game (if we remember).
>>
>>32917136
>>B2W2 is the only game where Japan is the highest percentage of sales.
>>Japan's sales have decreased noticeably with the 3DS games.
>What conclusions do you draw from this?
Japan has good taste.
>>
>>32917192

Holy shit this. So glad I live in burgerland
>>
>>32917181
>house
Your realistic options are a yurt or a tiny Soviet-built apartment with zero building standards or maintenance
>>
>>32917136
>games finally getting a (near) simultaneous worldwide release
>3ds piracy unavailable/pricey until relatively late in the systems lifecycle
>emulation still non existent
Gee I wonder why gen 6/7 sold better in Europe
>>
>>32917637
Meh, i'm a simple man.
>>
europe has good taste
>>
Europe's the reason that PokeSpe went from the depths of irrelevance to becoming the sixth best selling manga worldwide. It still doesn't sell all that great in Japan but Europe started localizing it around late fifth gen and now the writer and artist get invited for special events there pretty often.
>>
>>32917687
Yeah Kusaka and Yamamoto came to Barcelona the last year.
In Japan the manga not sells that great because nips hate the "mature" tone wich pokéspe has.
>>
File: 1124134241.png (49KB, 1279x712px) Image search: [Google]
1124134241.png
49KB, 1279x712px
>>
>>32917168
I wonder if this is why they chose France for the gen6 region?
>>
>>32917996
What is this chart?
>>
>>32917136
Forget all that, sweet bologna why do they keep wasting their time on 3rdVersion releases look at that falloff. How are they even breaking even?
>>
>>32917730
Why are the japs such pussies? Are they the reason Pokemon treats you more and more like a child now?
>>
>>32917136
Why the fuck is a line graph is being used here to represent this type of data. Use a bar graph instead.
>>
>>32918753
probably takes less effort. you're adding stuff, not building it from the ground up.

not saying it's easy. but there's never total engine overhauls or such.
>>
>>32918782
Yeah you should visit 2ch Pokemon forum

They hate hate Pokemon collessum.

They hated the eevee quest in sun and moon
>>
>>32917136
Japan is the cancer trying to kill pokemon
>>
File: 1485224564983.jpg (46KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
1485224564983.jpg
46KB, 640x627px
>>32917136
>all regions have a peak in DP
>B2W2 is the only game when america isn't in top
>>
>>32918878
>They hated the eevee quest in sun and moon
too much realism for them
>>
>>32917136
more nostalgia shit or yokai watch bullshit to attract nip children
>>
>>32918740
My guess was sales but I'm pretty sure SM sold better than previous gens
>>
BW2 came out at the peak of handheld use in Japan with XY coming out pretty much right when mobile gaming started killing handheld gaming
>>
>>32917996
This is old. Gen 6 and 7 outsold gen 5
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.