[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deepest Lore thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 12

File: zygarde.png (227KB, 598x306px) Image search: [Google]
zygarde.png
227KB, 598x306px
Deepest Lore thread?
>>
More like Arceusfag safe space thread. These threads always turn into Arceus fanboy nests and circlejerking.
>>
>>32917125
Isn't Arceus asleep for billions of years until you play the Azure flute to awaken it?

It also doesn't seem to be that different from any ordinary pokemon, apart from being super strong. It's not some omniscient, omnipotent being.
>>
File: foreshadowing.png (148KB, 380x334px) Image search: [Google]
foreshadowing.png
148KB, 380x334px
>>32917077
It'd be nice to keep the perfect forme tho, hope USUM does that
>>
>>32917351
I just want a battle with him
Maybe keep the collecting quest, but every time you find 10, Dexio and Sina call you up and give you more hints as to why he's there
After you find 99 of them, you have to catch Xerneas and Yveltal, and then you go to Poni Island to find the last one in that cave and all the others combine to challenge you to prove your worth

Hopefully they tie it into the main storyline with the Ultra Beasts too
>>
>>32917481
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Dc5eGu4R8
>>
>>32917481
That would be nice, besides Xerneas & Yveltal haven't really been distributed that well so it'd be nice to see them catchable in the post-game. I just hope GF expands it so that the perfect form is possible to keep just like its 2 other formes.
>>
>>32917533
>>32917525

It works since every "third version" let us catch the cover legendaries in the game, such as Kyogre and Groudon in Marine/Terra cave and Dialga/Palkia on Spear Pillar

XY never got a follow up, so this would be a good place to stick them in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM8E-Pa5xR8
>>
Gonna repost and clean up my theory from an older thread

(1/2)

Tis is the Ouroboros
It's an ancient symbol depicting a serpent or dragon eating its own tail.
It has a lot of meanings in cutures around the world, and I think several legendaries, especially Zygarde, took some cues from the way it's depicted

It represents the infinite cycle of nature's endless creation and destruction, life and death (Xerneas and Yveltal)

The famous early alchemical text "The Chrysopoeia of Cleopatra" depicts it black and white halves represent the Gnostic duality of existence
(Reshiram and Zekrom)

In India, Ouroboros symbolism has been used to describe Kundalini energy, a form of Primal Energy located inside one's own body.
Different spiritual traditions teach methods of "awakening" kundalini for the purpose of reaching spiritual enlightenment and a range of supernormal powers.
(Mega Evolution/Infinity Energy)
>>
File: ouroboros042.gif (26KB, 711x582px) Image search: [Google]
ouroboros042.gif
26KB, 711x582px
>>32917643
(2/2)

In Norse mythology, the ouroboros appears as the serpent Jörmungandr
(Whom 50% Zygarde was based on)

Jormungandr and the wolf Fenrir (The one behind 10% Zygarde) are basically part of a recurring theme in Norse Mythology, where a bound and captured creature, usually an enemy of the gods is bound but destined to break free at Ragnarok

Now my wild theory, The Ultra Beast Invasion with Necrozma in Ultra Sun and Moon is gonna be the Pokemon Equivalent to Ragnarok,

Not in a Lockstin "Reset the entire world" way but more like in a "Massive epic battle that involves everybody and everything" kind of way, and I think the Ultra Beasts are gonna be the cause

We have tons of hints in Sun and Moon that there was the Ultra Beasts are going to be a huge threat
>The description of Kommo'o saying they were training to defeat a coming darkness,
>The apperance of an Ash-Greninja, said to come only during times of great calamity
(This one's debatability canon I'll admit but I'm adding it for completions sake)
>Type:Null being created specifically to counter them, designed to invoke Arceus, the most powerful pokemon of all
>Looker and Nanu detailing how the UBs were responsible for bringing massive destruction to an alternate world
And lots more that i cant remember atm

I think this time, with more emphasis on Necrozma and the role of the Ultra Beasts in the story, we're going to see this aspect of the plot really go down, and I think like in Ragnarok, the bound and scattered Zygarde is going to break free to fulfill his role, restoring the order to the world that the Ultra Beasts disrupted
>>
prepare 4 urtura permanent perfect jigarude-san!11!!!
>>
>>32917662
>tfw it won't be this
>>
>>32917187
>It's not some omniscient, omnipotent being.
I think canonically it is, it's just being dumbed down so we can be allowed to battle and catch it in the games. If Arceus could just erase you from existence in the blink of an eye in the games, we'd never be able to "catch them all" you know.
>>
>>32917533
It wouldn't be the first time they've stuck previous cover legendaries into newer games. Remember the Embedded Tower from HGSS? They could do something similar in USUM too with Xerneas and Yveltal. Maybe finally show us that Moondial the NPC in XY talked about.
>>
File: 1a7.jpg (40KB, 670x402px) Image search: [Google]
1a7.jpg
40KB, 670x402px
>>32917747
I'm predicting we'll see a smaller scale version of it at least
I'd be satisfied as long as the whole Necrozma/UB invasion feels like it has some presence to it,
The Hoenn games did it best, when it Kyogre and Groudon wake up, and the rain/drought spread over half the region, npcs lock all their doors, trainers commenting on whats going on etc.
Sun and Moon itself kinda got the ball rollong with the cutscenes of them coming in all over the region, and then Hala facing UB2
We just gotta expand on that more

If we get something like that, and there's enough to let us fill in the gaps with our own imagination, I think it'll be pretty dope
>>
>>32917662
Another point towards this would be the backstory of how Hoenn was invaded by Ultra Beasts some time between ORAS and SM. Alola isn't the only region which has been attack by the UBs, so maybe a "great calamity battle" really could take place with legendaries from all over the world.
>>
Delcatty was supposed to be a new Eeveelution. Until the Gen 5 reboot, gen 3 was the only gen without a new eeveelution. Delcatty's eyes and body really fit into the eevee-line, but doesn't resemble skitty at all.
>>
>>32917810
ORAS pretty much put in everyone
I kinda hope they go that route again
It's the last game of the generation, and of the system itself so it's a possibility

They could say all the legendaries sensed the arrival of the Ultra Beasts and came in to lend a hand, like all the pokemon in the Lugia movie or that Mystery Dungeon game, it'd certainly add a ton more gravity to what's going on in the story
>>
>>32917842
>>32917844
>Tfw we get a long, epic cutscene with cover legendaries and important characters bracing for impact when the UBs invade the entire planet, Ultra Wormholes opening up everywhere
>Tfw Eusine with Ho-Oh/Lugia are seen in Ecruteak City
>Tfw Steven and Wallace are seen in Sootopolis City with Groudon and Kyogre
>Tfw Zinnia is seen on Sky Pillar with Rayquaza and Deoxys
>Tfw Cynthia is seen on Mt. Coronet with Dialga, Palkia and Giratina
>Tfw Alder, Iris and N are seen with Zekrom and Reshiram flying by with two silhouettes riding them
>Tfw Olympia and Diantha are seen with Kalos Zygarde
>Tfw cut back to Alola with the same cutscenes as in SM
>Tfw then AZ appears and says "Ragnarok has come" and it's all his fault
>fucking bitch
>>
>>32917866
Source?
>>
File: IMG_2373.jpg (188KB, 640x868px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2373.jpg
188KB, 640x868px
>>32917077
>>
>>32917895
My own theory, sorry, maybe this I the wrong thread
>>
>>32917662
There is much more Norse Mythology than that. Look at the Ultra Wormholes. The portals look like tree roots and notice how there are only Nihilego in Ultra Space? In reality there are multiple Ultra Spaces, 9 to be exact representing the 9 realms. Nihilego is in Hel because it is poison and ground type both representing death. Buzzwole and Pheremosa are Fire and Ice giants, Celesteela is a giant, Xurkitree is a light elf (it is the "glowing" Pokémon) and Guzzlord is a dark elf (Dark type). This leaves Kartana as a Vanir. Also since Zygarde is Jormungandr, Necorzma will have an ultimate form representing Nidhogg which is a rival of Ho-Oh (The eagle on the tree with a small vulture (yveltal) on top)
>>
>>32917889
This, even if they dont wanna go back to the older regions themselves just for a cutscene,
They have a Battle Tree Rep from every region in Alola who can do it (As soon as they pull someone in from Johto)
>>
ITT: People think of crazy shit about stuff Game Freak spent 2 weeks bullshitting up to hype themselves up for a game they will be disappointed in, again
>>
>>32917077
>they didn't retcon it's name to Combinatrix Prime

0/10
>>
So in Alchemy, there are 4 steps to create the Magnum Opus, or philosophers stone which could represent Necrozma, or what he's trying to do

Nigredo - Blackness, "the dark night of the soul, when an individual confronts the shadow within"
>Necrozma

Albedo - Whiteness, the washing away of impurities
>Ultra Lunala

Citrinitas - Yellowness, transmutation of silver into gold, stood for the dawning of the "solar light" inherent in one's being, and that the reflective "lunar or soul light" was no longer necessary
>Ultra Solgaleo

Rubedo - Redness, signalled alchemical success, and the end of the great work
>??? (Note: both Solgaleo AND Lunala's shiny sprites are a bright red)

Maybe Necrozma as we know him, is an incomplete husk since he's been away from Ultra Space for so long, he looks like one,
Maybe his plan is to regain his perfect form, his magnum opus, and absorbing Solgaleo and Lunala are phases of that
>>
>>32917187
My headcanon is that Arceus used up all of its energy creating everything and that sent it into a deep slumber.
>>
>>32917077
>See ya in 2018
>>
>>32919477
I'm thinking he's going to take over the role of Trial Captian on Poni Island
His main is Kommo'o

The fairy girl can be an 8th trial or as a special postgame one
>>
File: GraceNovamon3.jpg (3KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
GraceNovamon3.jpg
3KB, 384x384px
>>32917077
I'll show you some fucking deep lore, OP.
>current gen games are sun and moon
>popular officially used phrase for it is it all comes together
>digimon has a sun digimon
>also a moon digimon
>they come together in a brand new fusion
IT ALL COMES TOGETHER
>>
File: Cewa-tJW4AAF_ul.jpg (111KB, 600x885px) Image search: [Google]
Cewa-tJW4AAF_ul.jpg
111KB, 600x885px
>>32919886
>>
lore or not, make the complete form permanent and let it keep aura break or something better
>>
>>32917077
I don't care what they do as long as I can pet the cores in Refresh.
>>
>>32917792

It's not.
Know Your lore and canon.
>>
File: 1495062732595.png (204KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
1495062732595.png
204KB, 245x342px
>>32917351
Yeah making the Perfect form obtainable like the 10 & 50% forms should be a thing and not a half-assed gimmick as the Complete form currently is in SM.

It would be a perfect in-game progression to have Zygarde being required to have in your party to then be able to face Xerneas & Yveltal in the post-game of USUM if they make an appearance at all. But to face them you'd have to complete the cell quest and required to have found all 100 cells and instead of power construct you'd simply get the Complete form with aura break.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.