[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PTCG/PTCGO General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 13

File: Mewtwo-GX-SR-SM3plus-1.jpg (82KB, 682x996px) Image search: [Google]
Mewtwo-GX-SR-SM3plus-1.jpg
82KB, 682x996px
better than rainbowshit edition

Old: >>32884701

New?
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>https://pastebin.com/sHq3y40X

TL:DR:
>Complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack to speed up AI games) to get 45 free packs.
>Play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play.
>Farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets.
>Enter tournaments to get TRADABLE chests and packs.
>DON'T OPEN THEM.
>Trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.

What themedeck should I buy?
>Buy the Lunala one.

Resources
>http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/
>http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/championship-series-event-results/
>http://thecharizardlounge.com/decklists/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the forums in the trading section. Trading companies overprice cards, aim lower. Keep pack value in mind when trading.
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/

Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Bots will snatch plain text or uncovered QRs.
>Ask for emails and send em individually.
>Post your pulls or your mom dies in her sleep.
>>
from what we've seen so far shining legends seems like a kind of meh set, burning shadows is good but not as good as Guardians, maybe on par with SM base.
>>
File: Sylveon-GX.SM1+.40.13931.png (921KB, 570x796px) Image search: [Google]
Sylveon-GX.SM1+.40.13931.png
921KB, 570x796px
Does anybody have a good Fairy themed deck a new player could use for standard? Also how good is pic related?
>>
Fuck off Mewtwo
>>
>>32916882
Fairy theme decks are shit, I'm sorry.
Sylveon-GX is a control deck. It's not great but if your opponent doesn't know how to play around it you can steal the wn easily.
>>
>>32916882
Rainbow Road and Sylveon are the only big fairy decks out there right now and idk if I'd call them big anymore.

Sylveon is the only decent control deck in standard so it has a niche, but it's pretty easy to play against. Rainbow Road gets better with the next expansion but until then it's a little weak as well.

There's also Fairy Pancakes, Snorlax-GX/Xerneas BREAK which is still decent and fun to play.
>>
>>32916984
What if;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Instead of tunneling super hard on
>delinquent team skull grunt crushing hammer
>plz no N :DDDDDDDDDDDD

we could play sylveon as a pseudo-second draw supporter? I can't think of a perfect shell for it at the moment, but you can play a supporter, play out your hand, then use the attack. If they N you, you still draw up to 6. It's basically just a worse lapras in this regard, but still usable.
>>
>>32916825
Spoonfeed me please, is the OP pic a new card and if so what set is it from? I'm in love with mewtwo themed stuff so need to get it.
>>
>>32917754
It looks like an alternate art print of the SM3+ Mewtwo
>>
>>32917843
>>32917754
nvm it's from Shining Legends, http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/07/25-shining-legends-cards-revealed
>>
>>32917858
Thanks my dude. I really hope that's not going to be an expensive card, might even try and build a deck with that beauty.
>>
>>32916882
the current build of Sylveon that everyone is focused on is pretty shit. It did well at one Japanese contest because it was brand new and no-one was expecting it. So of course as soon as that list hit the net everyone thought quad Sylveon was the ~only~ way to play it. But quad Sylveon is pretty terrible, has some godawful autolosses and generally unfavourable match-ups with anything that runs a few N, a single copy of Brock, or any kind kind of energy retrieval. Which is every fucking deck in the meta.

You can get by on PCTGO playing quad Sylveon but there is a reason why it hasn't placed in the top 64 of any major comp since it dropped. Maybe *maaaaaybe* if there was no time limit on games it might be able to stall to a win by the end of a long drawn out game 2 but as it stands you will never be ahead in prizes in game three if you go 1-1. Which means you need to go 2-0 and that's extremely unlikely.

HOWEVER, I have faith that there is an as-of-yet undiscovered build that isn't just quad Sylveon where the specific draw that it offers can be very good indeed. Maybe it's the opener for a Stage 2 Gardevoir GX deck or something like that. Maybe combine it with Eeveelutions so that 110 becomes an actually relevant number to hit for - especially since you can pick and choose Kukuis and Bands etc. Or maybe a healing deck with all the support Fairy has in that area.

What do you want the Fairy deck for? KOs on daily challenges? I have a few that will get it done over he course of a few matches.
>>
>>32916825
Promo-Solar beam Lurantis + Golisopod for fun rage quits is great
>>
>>32918116
I just want a generic fairy deck desu, favorite type in the tcg so far and I was hoping it'd atleast be viable
>>
Who want to bet on tomorrow's now ladder?
I say Professor Birch's Observations or Pokémon Fan Club.
>>
>>32918812
You can always wait for the new Gardevoir. That will surely spawn a new fairy deck.
>>
>>32918812

Just wait one more month and you can play waifumon GX.
>>
File: Happy Rampardos.png (7KB, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Rampardos.png
7KB, 56x56px
>Tfw someone who doesnt play Pokemon is selling his sons collection for 40$
>1100 Cards
>There is more then 50$ worth of Singles in there
>still have the bulk to store
feels good
>>
>>32918827
>>32918825
How expensive are generally new cards like this?
>>
>>32917746
I've just been playing it as a secondary supplement to get to stuff I need guarenteed, even if they N me it doesn't really matter since I didn't have the stuff before and I usually try to go plus since after I add 3 I most of the time only had 4-5 cards so even if I get N'd I still go + and I still might draw at least 1 of the things I needed. Still some decks are a bit fast and if I don't get at least something from Sylveon early I usually lose because I just can't get going fast enough.
>>
>>32919015

The price during prerelease and the first week are gonna be inflated but I think Gardevoir will follow Sylveons price pretty closely.

RR will probably settle around 25
FA will maybe around 11~12.
and regular ultra rare will be 6/7 once all the dust settles.
>>
>>32919100
One last question, is there anything I should know about the game like weird ways to abuse mechanics or playstyle differences? I'm coming from games like MtG and Yugioh and I don't wanna look like an idiot my first locals
>>
File: fairys.png (2MB, 1392x1600px) Image search: [Google]
fairys.png
2MB, 1392x1600px
>>32918812
due, you're playing against actual children, just pick a Fairy Pokémon with a half decent attack and you'll be hitting 8-streaks in no time. Pics related have been getting me 10s now and again. MegaGardy from three months ago is worth a google if you want something more serious. There was a guy went 4-0 on the stream with a straight Xerneas Break with Promo Regirock deck at the weekend worth looking up. He didn't make the cut so I guess he crashed but worth looking into?
>>
File: 0702172038_Film4.jpg (136KB, 652x1164px) Image search: [Google]
0702172038_Film4.jpg
136KB, 652x1164px
Here are some online codes for anyone that wants them.
>>
>>32919205
retreating shakes off effects obviously - like special conditions only affect the active. But also less obviously - like "you can't use this attack next turn" - so if you both retreat and then switch/olympia/w\e in the same turn, you can play around that effect on a Volcanion or Lapras for example.

Mostly though, just read the card and its all very exact to the word. Even when its stupid, the words are law.
>>
>>32919264
>>32919232
Thanks much anons, I'll make you proud
hopefully
>>
>>32919234
thanks man, I'm saving for a Lele so will jew four of them for that. One pack opening for pulls' sake
>>
>>32919300
I've just recently started collecting cards again but I don't really play. I buy a few packs a week so I'll keep posting these codes as I won't use them.
>>
File: nope.png (355KB, 696x427px) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
355KB, 696x427px
>why not to chase the lele
>>
>>32919309
you should play online, its fun and noncomittal.

worst case you should do these through the discord, or some greedy fuck like me will just swipe em all. first time ever i've been lucky enough to be online without all the fleet fingered fucks around.

thanks though.
>>
>>32919205

Oh you know this anon has a good point. >>32919232 If you wanna start playing now just go to the twitch tv VODs of the recent US Internationals and look for Joe Bernard in round 5 of swiss day 1.

Its a 4 - 4 Geomancy / Break Xerneas
with some tech cards like Promo Regirock.

Its pretty cheap and you can play this until Gardevoir drops. Another option is to drop 200 to buy a M Gardevoir deck if you want it now.
>>
>>32919332
No problem. I mostly play mtg and I have thought about playing some of this too. For now it will be free codes all around though.
>>
Trying Pokemon coming from MTG. Now I'm not sure how the Theme Versus works in regards to skill level, but wow some people miss a LOT of things.

I know in a limited environment like this that getting mana screwed/flooded or creature flooding is more common, but people are simply picking the wrong attacks.
>>
File: 61KnhXZ2cCL._SY450_.jpg (69KB, 324x450px) Image search: [Google]
61KnhXZ2cCL._SY450_.jpg
69KB, 324x450px
I have one set of this sucker on tcgo. I'm not really intending to play legacy or anything. What's it worth?
>>
>>32918605
I'm playing that deck but it takes me too long to set up. Pic related. Feedback from people plz.
>>
File: ok.jpg (463KB, 916x428px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
463KB, 916x428px
Absolute shitter here.

Do I have anything of value?
>>
>>32919483
Dragonair, Espeon, Keldeo and MRay are still used.
Rayquaza is good in legacy. Latios has a donk deck thats only useful online.
>>
>>32919506
I'll setup some trades with those then. Thanks anon.
>>
>>32919527
No problem, and by MRay i mean the colress one.
>>
>>32919474
Drop the Lunrantis GX, add in Vaporeon and Flareon.
>>
is there a good deck for PTCGO i could build for cheap that can win a few games?
>>
>>32919362
Yeah, I've noticed that a lot. Or forgetting they can retreat. Or attaching energies to what is very obviously the wrong choice, such as on an active who already has what it needs for its biggest attack, against an deck that runs no hammers or flare grunts, instead of setting up a second threat on the bench because that Active has half its health gone.

I just see it as free prize cards/wins.
>>
So what's everyone's current/best win streak?
>>
>>32919341
>drop 200
wut

I just ran the 2016 Masters deck through pokegoldfish and 1. it only adds up to 144, and 2, most of that is the 4 Shaymin and 4 VS Seekers.
>>
>>32919790

That deck doesn't have any Tapu Leles.

Add 2 leles at 38 a piece and 4 shaymin ex at 20 leaves you with ~50 for the other 54 cards.
Its 200 starting from nothing.
>>
>>32919790
>pokegoldfish
Dead site.
>>
>>32919647
Lele is the biggest cost. Ergo these:
>>32915124

That said, one guy did have an idea for a super cheap SolgaleoGX deck a couple threads back. Buy the Steel Sun theme deck, then swap some cards with stuff you get for free from other themes and the basic starting material.
>>32879775
The only things you'll need to trade for are the 2 Rayquaza, the DrampaGX, 2 Solgaleo GX, and 2 VS Seeker. It's a total of like, 6 packs? Super cheap. 6*$0.39 you're paying like $2 for a deck.

It also upgrades into something called Fun in the Sun that won Singapore with a few more swaps.
>>
>>32916882
If you like sylveon's shitty 110 attacks you'll love diancie ex. With a stadium in play it hits for 110,120 with a fury belt. It also cuts damage from attacks to your side of the field by 30.
>>
>>32919841
Why bother buying the Shymins when they're gonna rotate out in like, 2 months?

>>32919846
It still runs and gives accurate prices. That's all that mattered to me.
>>
>>32919898
>playing sylveon for the damage
well there's your problem.
>>
File: Hoopa-SM3plus.jpg (45KB, 355x429px) Image search: [Google]
Hoopa-SM3plus.jpg
45KB, 355x429px
So this is better then Ninetales in every way because it's a dark type right?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Ayy
>>
How do I change my name on the client?
>>
>>32919917

It was just in the context of M Gardevoir.
The deck just doesn't function with out the 4 Shaymin.

Even though it rotates out of standard you'll still needs some for any expanded decks.
Its like the perfect time to buy Shaymin as the price may drop even more to 15.
>>
>>32919965
change your pokemon trainer club name.
>>
>>32919984
Fair point.

A lot to pay to play a deck for the 2 months it's in standard, though, so unless he just wanted to play Expanded anyways I'd recommend your aforementioned XernBreak route.
>>
That feel when your 32 win streak is broken by the game stacking the odds against you.
>Solo Shaymin start
>N 2 VS Seekers and 3 Sycamore to get 3 VS Seekers, another N, Lysander, and a Sycamore.
>Opponent starts with Pikachu, 2 Unown, and 2 Pikachu benched. Wally and DCE to Circle Circuit for the win.
>>
>>32920055
I feel for you anon. :(
>>
>>32919931
Because it's basic
>>
>>32920095
...bitch
>>
>>32920055
It took you fucking 32 games to get Sycascrewed?
>>
>>32920172
Yes
>>
>>32918116
I tried a 2-2 line with Mega Altaria, but an N sends you so far back it's not even funny
>>
>>32919474
remove: 1 fomantis 1 crushing hammer 1 enhanced hammer 3 evosoda 2 max elixir 1 prof letter 1 silent lab 1 birch
removed: 10
add: 3 fogp 2 sycamore 2 vs seekers 2 ultra ball 2 cards of your choice, maybe remove something else and squeeze eeveelutions -jolteon in there
>>
File: ss (2017-07-03 at 02.48.21).jpg (52KB, 358x612px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-07-03 at 02.48.21).jpg
52KB, 358x612px
>tfw they finally arrived

50 bucks well spent.
>>
>Prized both Lysandre

woowee lads.
>>
What are the prizes for Pokémon Leagues. I completed the Professor test and have applied for a league but I still have no idea what stuff comes in the prize kit. I read a thing and it mentioned a "Pokéball Accessory" and I have no idea what that is.
I have some people interested but they are asking me what the prizes are.
>>
The new Venusaur looks good on paper, but can it find space in an actual grass deck? And is it even needed?

We already have Lurantis GX for energies I mean.
>>
>>32919362
Dude, there's high chances you're playing against children, literal ones, specially in themedecks.

What you should laugh at is netdeck babies (like most Volcanion and MegaFug users) that have the shiniest shit but manage to job anyway to your budget early deck.
>>
>Use team skull grunt when they have 5 cards in hand
>No energies in hand
>guy starts spamming happy face and "well played"
>He still lost because he had NO FUCKING ENERGIES
How embarrassing
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.