[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/shw/ SHINY HUNT WEEKEND

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12

File: ShinyHunt63.jpg (26KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
ShinyHunt63.jpg
26KB, 500x300px
Some stupid faggot flooded the board edition. Old thread >>32899240

Weekend's still not over, so keep hunting!
>>
>>32916819
This pic gives me ptsd fashbacks
>>
File: ShinyMareep15.jpg (2MB, 3216x2104px) Image search: [Google]
ShinyMareep15.jpg
2MB, 3216x2104px
Well, the last thread was doing good until that shit happened, posting some questions to revive the thread.

>What are you hunting?
>How?
>Favorite pokemon from Gen 7?
>Favorite Pokeball?
>>
>>32916975
>What are you hunting?
Nothing right now, trying to get foreign breeding rejects
>How?
Wondertrade
Ribombee
>Favorite Pokeball?
Premier ball
>>
>>32916975
>What are you hunting?
Probably going to hunt Shinx.
>How?
RE.
Ugh, I don't know. Maybe Lurantis?
>Favorite Pokeball?
Dusk Ball.
>>
>>32916975
>What are you hunting?
Unown
>How?
Random Encounter in Randomized Platinum.
Visually, Drampa. To use, Ribombee.
>Favorite Pokeball?
Luxury Ball or Heavy Ball.

How's everyone doing today?
>>
Hey! I am just leaving a message for Shiny Dex anon, wanting to say a big thanks for the Floette yesterday.

As I said I was going too, I've been working on getting all ribbons for them, already got the best friends ribbon/super training one, and a couple of the random heart ones from hotels Hoping to make a good competitve mon out of them for competitve when I move them up to sun.

Going for the E4 ribbon next, sadly I traded all my pokemon up, so have no attackers to beat them. Sort of regretting that. Can't see myself finding any level 80 plus pokemon on wondertrade...! (If any of you guys have old disposables, I'm having a lot of fun adopting these fellas and getting all the ribbons for them)

Seen as I have my shiny Floette now, i'm going for a shiny Helicoptile as another team member next!
>>
>>32917332
What gen is it?
>>
>>32917365
They're in X at the moment! After I find a way to get past this Elite 4 issue I'm having and I get those other ribbons, I'm planning to move them up to Omega to get the ribbons there, then moon.
>>
File: Shiny Snivy.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Shiny Snivy.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>32916975
>What are you hunting?
Dual hunting Tentacool (15580 atm) and Shaymin (1180 atm)
>How?
Random encounters for Tentacool and run aways for Shaymin
My all-time favorite is Decidueye Don't judge
>Favorite Pokeball?
Love Ball

Also pic related was my last hunt, fastest full-odds Shiny after just 131 SRs
>>
>>32917381
Shit I somehow managed to spoiler wrong
>>
>>32917379
I backed up my save in gen 6 before i sent over my living dex. I could throw you a few pokemon to help out with that you can keep. Gotta head out for a bit, but I'm more than willing to help out.
>>
File: Spr_7s_722_s.png (5KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
Spr_7s_722_s.png
5KB, 120x120px
Havent been on /vp/ for years but just got a shiny Rowlet through wondertrade
figured I should ask you guys
Is this thing fake? will it kill my pokemon bank? is that even a thing anymore?

The OT met it on 6/30/2017 in Iki Town on Lvl 5. It's lvl 9 now. Female
>>
>>32917398
Probably hacked but it won't damage your game at all, don't worry.
>>
>>32917394
Oh wow, that would be wonderful. Do you mind if I add them to the 'get all the ribbons party' ? I love decorating them and keeping them as a team. You're the best!

I've added my FC and name above. I'm on UK time, but i'll be here! Just let me know when you're ready and I'll have to grab a couple of shitmons to trade you in return if that's okay (at the moment I only have my talonflame and floette!) Thanks so much
>>
>>32917398
like the other anon said it might not be legit but your game and bank will be just fine
>>
>>32917439
Yeah, I don't mind. How many pokemon do you need? I'll probably be 45 mins-an hour before i can get back and add you
>>
>>32917479
I honestly don't mind, just enough to take on the E4 while keeping my Floette in the back (they're underlevelled right now).

Whatever you have that you don't mind trading over will be fine! Don't worry, take your time. I'll be here! I just appreciate you taking your time to do this for me, so just hit me up when you're back and around and ready to trade, I'm gonna catch a few pokemon in the safari now so I have stuff to trade you back.
>>
>>32916975
>What are you hunting?
Sandile, for a friend.
>How?
Masuda. tried SoS-chaining, but sandile's just terrible. embargo, swagger, sandstorm. no thanks.
prolly solgaleo. it's just neat.
>Favorite Pokeball?
Luxury ball.
>>
>>32917569
Going to keep this thread alive and moving by asking how your sandile hunts going, how many boxes are you at now? I'm sending you all those good luck vibes.

Shiny sandile is one of the cutest
>>
>>32917415
>>32917452

thanks homies that's what I thought. Honestly what's a shiny worth if you didn't find it yourself amirite?
>>
>>32917513
Back, gonna add you and get online. IGN is Meeps
>>
>>32917788
Alright! I'm gonna hop online now too, send me a TR when you're ready.
>>
>>32917795
Whoops sorry took off my name. It's me, I'm just going online now. Caught you a few safari mons so I should be good for trading.
>>
>>32917801
Gonna throw you my team for the Maison as well, if you haven't done that already. They're not quite strong enough for the E4, but they're around level 50.
>>
>>32917723
no luck yet, but I'm only about one box in.

I tried an SoS chain earlier, which is why I decided to go the masuda route.

I'm not even that fussed over the sandile. I just like shiny hunting, and I know one of my friends like sandile, so I figure why not?
>>
>>32917762
On like, day 2 of SM's release I got a Level 100 Shiny Rowlet form WT
I use it for SOS chaining, works great.
>>
>>32917801
My Salamence is untradeable, due to it having the mega stone.
>>
>>32917838
Sorry I had to run upstairs, cool, thank you! Just let me know when you're ready to end trade, I dont want to end it too early or look like I expect more. Seriously dude, you've given me so much! I appreciate it.
>>
>>32917894
No problem, I just like helping people. The Groudon and Heracross were RNG'd, if that bothers you, figured i should at least mention it. Since they went through Mt Battle they can't be put on gen 7's GTS. Go and get the rest of those ribbons, and if you have ORAS i'll throw you that Mence later
>>
>>32917874
Thank you again! Don't worry, what you've given me is more than enough. I didn't expect such amazing pokemon! I'm going to take good care of them, and if you want them back once I'm done please let me know, you've been more than kind enough so I don't mind trading back.

Thank you for going out of your way for me and I hope you have a super blessed day! I'm going to pamper the fuck out of these babies for the moment, then hit the elite 4 and maison.

>>32917863
Ahh, one box isn't too deadly! I hope you get there soon, SoS never worked out for me. It's kind of you to help a friend too
>>
>>32917909
It doesn't, I wouldn't put them up for trade anyway, that's incredibly disrespectful and I said I'd trade them back if you like! I plan to just use them to help with the elite four and get them some ribbons too. Especially that Hydreigon! He's beautiful.

You're a super rad dude and I wish you luck in your shiny hunts!
>>
Working on a shiny Mareep for a rad lady friend of mine, hatching tons of eggs for days with no success. Masuda and everything. Any advice from the pros?
>>
File: ShinyHunt82.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
ShinyHunt82.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>32917917
>>32917936
I don't need them back, since i can just restore the save. Was going to send you a Skarmory, but i ported it to Sun already. That Drapion and Durant combo is enough to destroy basically the entirety of Maison Super Singles, enjoy breaking the ai with Truest Ant.

>>32917953
Get the Shiny Charm.
>>
>>32917917
yeah, one box isn't much. My two worst were mimikyu (1171 eggs) and a soft-reset Lugia (about 700 resets, then I realised I didn't have the shiny charm, then I got the charm, then another 1300 resets.)
>>
>>32916975
>What are you hunting?
Shiny Torchic
>How?
MM
Alolan Raichu
>Favorite Pokeball?
Luxury Ball
>>
Trying to breed for a shiny Mienshao/Foo for my friends birthday, no charm, I think I'll have it by this time next year. A rundown of what I'm doing wrong may be appreciated. The game is Sun.

>no destiny knot, but a 6iv ditto I think. I know I'm a complete twit for trying without this, but any rundown would be appreciated.
Favorite Mon from Gen 7 would be Rockruff and favorite Pokeball would be the Heavy Ball
>>
>>32917398
Speaking of shiny starters, do you guys think we'll get HA starters somehow in USUM? I'm holding out on hunting them until then.
>>
>>32918341
is the ditto or mienfoo/shao foreign? if not, you'll not be getting the masuda bonus.
>>
>>32918574
I'm waiting on getting them in non-standard pokeballs desu.
>>
>>32918585
huh. apparently the initialisation for "to be honest" gets turned to desu.
>>
>What are you hunting?
A 2nd shiny Snubbull, a 3rd shiny Sandile and a shiny Mewtwo in X, Moon and SoulSilver, respectively.
>How?
Friend Safari, SOS and soft-resetting in the exact order.
>Favorite Pokemon from Gen 7?
I might go with Ribombee. None of them really interest me that much.
>Favorite Pokeball?
Luxury, but Moon is dead second.
>>
File: WIN_20170702_20_38_50_Pro.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170702_20_38_50_Pro.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
FUCKING LIT
Another evolutionary line complete!
>>
>>32919030
what's your setup for sandile? between embargo, the sandstorm, and their need to swagger each other, I can't stand SoS-ing them.
>>
>>32919237
>tfw got so excited for Snubbull that I ran on a 86 chain
I'm using a level 100 Scizor with Bullet Punch, Bug Bite, Substitute and False Swipe with 3 X Defends, 1 X Attack and 1 X Accuracy. I believe that an Intimidate Mawile will work as well but you'll need the same X items plus one or two X Speeds and at least level 50 with Play Rough, Iron Head, and SubSwipe.
>>
>>32919261
bleh. sounds like a pain.

I'm gonna stick with Masuda. can't go wrong with masuda.
>>
>>32919267
True. Good luck!
>>
>>32919291
Hey what was that site with the dex you use to keep track?
>>
>>32919296
https://pokedextracker.com/
>>
>>32919302
Thanks, this is better than the notepad file i've been using
>>
File: Screenshot (93).png (109KB, 1894x749px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (93).png
109KB, 1894x749px
>>32919318
>Notepad file
I still do the same thing for every shiny I get, but I only put in the number of SRs and special egg hunts. This is one example, but it's updated.
>>
File: Composite.png (305KB, 768x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Composite.png
305KB, 768x1152px
>>32919340
I have an image version. (as well as a spreadsheet for the details)
>>
>>32919496
Do you need any Shuppets? Also, I should have a spare Farfetch'd.
Nice Arbok, btw. 5% horde?
>>
>>32919523
The shuppets were a funny story. I was using hordes of them to farm Attack EVs (had several generations of pokemon needing EV trained) and I found a shiny.

However, I had a team of incredibly weak bug pokemon, and a venusaur. the Venusaur knew earthquake, razor leaf, sweet scent and take down. I literally couldn't catch the shiny, 'cos I had no way of getting rid of the others. eventually, it struggled itself to death.

I... didn't take this well. I replaced take down with energy ball and spent the next day farming hordes 'til I found another. (hence the banette).

The second one was a similar story. only this time, I didn't see it 'til I had hit razor leaf. by that point though, I had my banette, so I let bygones be bygones.

as for the farfetch'd, it was a random encounter, and I fell asleep (without saving, foolish me) at the name rater. batteries ran out while I was asleep, and the farfetch'd was lost forever. I'm kinda keeping that as a lesson desu. perhaps one day I'll see it again. who knows.

the arbok was a horde, yeah. I was just looking for a normal ekans for a non-shiny living dex. it took ages to find, and the first horde had a shiny in it. I didn't complain.

oh, and the lugia took a total of 2000+ resets. one of my friends decided to go for one at the same time, hoping to get it faster to make me envious.

took him 2 resets.

(durant and slowpoke were pretty much the same as the shuppet. the exeggutor showed up (as an eggsecute) while I was going after the slowpoke.)
>>
>>32919602
Damn, you got very lucky with those 5% encounters. If you need those mons you lost, lemme know as I have a shitload of dupes (except Slowpoke, since I tried to do the same as you but was unsuccessful, but got the entire Slowpoke line and 5 extra shiny Wingulls).

Also,
>2 resets
Charm or nah? 'Cause that's fucking crazy. I've heard of people get their shiny legends in less than 10.
>>
>>32919654
thanks for the offer, but I've gotten replacements for everything I've missed (even the first one, whismur. took me a while though)

as for the two-reset lugia, it was with the charm.

but I think the universe just wanted to give someone a reason to be smarmy at me.

but I later got to hear him go through over 5000 resets for a Thundurus, so I guess revenge is a dish best served in the form of a genie of healthy meta.

as for hilarious odds, the first ralts was literally the first egg I hatched. (the other two took 200/300 total)
>>
>>32919706
Grats on your reclaims and your quick hunts! How long have you been hunting for Sandile for?
>>
>>32919733
a couple of days, though I've been doing it passingly, since I've had other stuff come up.

I just felt like doing a shiny hunt desu. Might do an SoS-chain after, since that was the original idea.
>>
>>32919752
If you don't mind, I'd like to do a Bonsly SOS hunt.
>>
File: 20170630_041726.jpg (3MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170630_041726.jpg
3MB, 2576x1932px
>>32916819
Finished Mallow's trial and wanna fill the dex. Go back the forest to look for a Passimion. First encounter, I get this.

>Post accidental shinys.
>>
>>32919780
?
>>
>>32919827
Were you planning on SOSing for something specific? I was thinking that maybe we could do a little SOS competition for something like Bonsly.
>>
>>32919838
Ah, right.

I hadn't thought about it, but that could be fun. I'll have to give you a shout once I get the sandile.
>>
>>32919856
Guess we're both gonna get our Sandiles at the same time.
>>
File: WIN_20170702_22_36_53_Pro.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170702_22_36_53_Pro.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
Hella sexy shiny, but not what I want. I need muh Woobats.
>>
>69 boxes
>nothing

I dont know what i'm doing wrong. I dont even want this shiny anymore
>>
>>32916975
>What are you hunting?
Suicune, going to make it a Ribbon Master and a superstar 'mon
>How?
Soft resetting in Colosseum. Using level 53 Feraligat/Quagsire, 47 Espeon, 40 Jumpluff and 38 Umbreon for lack of a better 5th slot option. This entire process is really making me hate Vileplume and Delcatty.
>Favorite Pokemon from Gen 7?
Honestly not sure yet. I do really like Vikavolt's design, shame about the stats though.
>Favorite Pokeball?
Luxury Ball, 100%. It's so classy and it's a shame I'm going to have to settle for a Net Ball for Suicune. It's also the only ball with a permanent positive effect, so it's optimal too!
>>
File: whited out.jpg (35KB, 342x309px) Image search: [Google]
whited out.jpg
35KB, 342x309px
6 shinies this weekend I'd call it successful. Good night guys
>>
File: h.png (789KB, 1637x1158px) Image search: [Google]
h.png
789KB, 1637x1158px
>Tfw comfy egg hatching while watching movies and drinking
>>
>>32920618
>egg hatching
>comfy

Can I have whatever you're drinking?
>>
>>32920630
It's not hard, just do something while you're running around and hatching eggs.
>>
>>32920669
Hatching in SM means i can't really play anything else because of the fact it requires spinning around in a fuckin circle, because that's GF branded fun. I don't want to watch 20 seasons of some shit show, i want to play a game that isn't Sun
>>
>>32918705
4chan's been doing that for more than a year now

F a m gets also replaced by senpai
and something i don't remember gets turned into baka
>>
>>32921889
baka is s m h I think.
>>
>>32921889

Well then. Apparently I've not been using t b h until recently.
>>
>>32920683
actually the autism box is least efficient

t. breeder
>>
>>32919805
>>Post accidental shinys.
I have a trubbish I only got because I failed to see the new animation I had set with the malie npc and had to keep getting encounters, can't get more accidental
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.