[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nuzlocke General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 22

File: 1337574102895.png (1KB, 100x108px) Image search: [Google]
1337574102895.png
1KB, 100x108px
Angry Jellyfish Edition

Discuss nuzlocke, post teams, discuss alt rules, brag about aces.

>Nuzlocke Info
http://pastebin.com/8b3rHGuX
>Links to official games
http://pastebin.com/WAC4ePwU
>Romhack Links
http://pastebin.com/GzWfs9Bz
>Emulator info
http://pastebin.com/eC8Kp5sx
>Difficulty list
http://pastebin.com/QeWVEgEc
>>
>>32902700
previous thread
>>
Thanks anon

Bui being based once again
>>
So, how tough is no EXP.Share Sun/Moon nuzlocke? I tend to throw a few more rules like No items in battle and no grinding above a certain level (usually the next leaders highest mon)
I don't use the no dupes clause either.
I imagine it's pretty tough, but how does it compare to Platinum?
>>
File: Sun locke.png (126KB, 704x1122px) Image search: [Google]
Sun locke.png
126KB, 704x1122px
My team before facing Totem Salazzle. Probably switching out Cutter for Mudbray.

Thoughts?
>>
File: shitlocke1.png (104KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
shitlocke1.png
104KB, 800x600px
Started a nuzlocke on Vega earlier today, fought two gym, missed two pokemon and lost none
I arrived at the third one and when I looked at my trainer card I saw it says I missed two of them, is it normal ? Or did I fucked up ?
>>
>>32916911
Mudbray literally one-shots Salazzle.
>>
File: 1487996893902.jpg (13KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
1487996893902.jpg
13KB, 400x384px
>>32916856
Please respond while the board burns all around us.
>>
File: spinn.png (5KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
spinn.png
5KB, 240x160px
iirc spinda gives attack evs so this is a great place to train azu

>>32917163
>while the board burns all around us.
Did someone spam the board? It looks like a lot of threads were deleted.

Also, I can't answer your question but I'd imagine with extra rules it's probably fairly hard. Maybe try an EXP. Share run first to gauge difficulty?
>>
I want to try something like "simultaneous" nuzlocke - go through all games (specifically one of each group, ie. Blue, Crystal, Leaf Green, Emerald, Platinum etc.) with some extra rules, such as not using the same pokemon in more than one game and playing each to the 1st gym, then trying to beat all leaders game by game, then to the 2nd gym and so on. I don't really care when or if I'll ever finish that, just thought that could be fun to play that way, whatever.

What seems problematic for me is Moon and its lack of gyms. There are trials of course but their number is not equal to gyms, there are also kahuna battles, so my question is - which battles in your opinion could be equivalent there to eight "gym-checkpoints"?
>>
>>32917286
maybe going to the first kahuna after the 2nd gym, to the 2nd after the 4th gym, ect
I don't think it make sense in game time but it oculd be a solution
>>
>>32917286
ilima 1st gym (normal) kahuna 2nd gym (fighting) fire trial (three battles in sequence, could pass as a leader - fire) 3rd gym olivia 4th gym (rock) steel dude 5th gym (steel) ya boi 6th gym (bug) nanu 7th gym (dark) hapu 8th gym (ground)

or i dunno
>>
Still running the Grey Colourlocke in White, still deathless, Brycen just got shreked by Escavalier's Iron Head. I'm expecting it to begin to fall apart soon - Fighting types are starting to get common and strong, and are scaring me as I have little to deal with them. No Fighting and Fire resists are available in BW1 Unova, and missing Ferroseed means no Water resist either. The plan is to get more levels in Dragonspiral Tower as Team Plasma aren't that threatening, then tackle Routes 17 and 18. I want the level advantage there for the Water types and that one trainer with a Darmanitan. The next scary bit will be Route 8 because of all the rain and Bianca having a fucking Simipour.

My current back ups amount to a worthless Whirlipede and a Klink. Klink is really redundant, but doing this run means nearly everything is either Normal or Steel, and I'm relying on Eviolite Gurrdurr way too much. How the rest goes will decide whether I just get Durant in Victory Road, or whether I go kill Cobalion and get Terrakion. Marshall is some scary shit regardless.
>>
>>32917557
When I did a monobug run in White 2 I gave Escavalier Aerial Ace & would use that to deal with any fighting times (sometimes with a Swords Dance prior) as IIRC there are none in the game with Fire Punch
>>
>>32917609

This is exactly what I have done, but my Escavalier has a Timid nature and so Aerial Ace doesn't hit that hard. Doesn't even have Shell Armour, so crits could happen. Beyond that, I just have Unfezant who is weak to Rock.
>>
File: dynamo.png (7KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
dynamo.png
7KB, 240x160px
side-note: the level curving in emerald is weird. wattson's guys were low level 20's and the trainers on the way to flannery seem to hover around 18.
>>
Moon Nuzlocke: "Why does mudbray do so much fucking damage Edition"

Current team:

>Sand the (A)Persian Lv.20
>Murder the Fearow Lv.20
>Fitz the Psyduck Lv.20
>Raime the Ledian Lv.23

Just beat Totem Wishiwashi with zero effort thanks to Raime. my team can function thanks to Raime's Dual screen support Plus Sand's Fur Coat, but every other catch I'm getting just dies while i'm training them. Lost 3 party members to a mudbray in paniola ranch, and before that i lost 4 members except for sand and Raime to A wild spearow, henceforth dubbed Murder
>>
File: crob.png (3KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
crob.png
3KB, 240x160px
azumarill's history of not taking out 4x water weak mons came back again and camerupt got a crit magnitude 09 in return. golbat finished it off and this happened. not sure how to feel.
>>
>>32917815
_CINEMATIC_
>>
>>32917815
don't feel, think
>>
File: Sun locke.png (137KB, 704x1122px) Image search: [Google]
Sun locke.png
137KB, 704x1122px
Ribombee gets a base 90 move on evolving?? Right before I have to fight Totem Lurantis? I'm getting my hopes up for this one. >>32916981 was right, Murdoc one-shotted Salazzle.

Magz had a few close calls. 2 Z-moves and a Bide from a Goomy left it in the red. Might switch out Racket for Miltank, but I'm getting attached to these guys.
>>
Whew, I just fucking wiped at Nacrene gym.
Well wiped is the wrong term, I lost the dog to the first gym, the zebra to a route 3 trainer, the monkey the bird and the bat while grinding outside Pinwheel and the otter when that fucking meerkat (I mean what the fuck, retaliate ohko'd me).
The fuck, am I just that shit or are the early white pokemon a lot worse than other gens early pokemon?
>>
Hey, has anyone here ever done a comic, or at least attempted?

It would make sense, considering the original Nuzlocke is a comic series and all. I tried years ago to document my first Nuzlocke as a comic, but realized how shitty my art is. Maybe I'll try again one day, but no time soon.

I thought I'd see more overlap with artists in these threads, was just curious.
>>
File: IMG_2575.gif (684KB, 498x372px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2575.gif
684KB, 498x372px
>Alpha Sapphire blind
>I don't believe in dupes clause
>three Zigzagoons and three Wurmples and I haven't even finished the first gym
>Only mons I have besides starter that aren't a wurmple/zigzagoon are a whismur and a wingull

This is the punishment for my foolish hubris, isn't it?
>>
>>32918845
>This is the punishment for my foolish hubris, isn't it?
Why yes it is. The dupes clause is basically mandatory on every game that lacks separate day/night encounter sets (and even then you have to exploit the clock for variety), unless you're fine with an army of HM slaves for a team.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170702-185239.jpg (349KB, 1062x1226px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170702-185239.jpg
349KB, 1062x1226px
>>32918813
It's faggy as hell, but I'd like to see it. I'd do one too if I had the time. I'm not nuzlocking when I can draw, and why would I draw if I can nuzlocke

Also, I got warned for a post I didn't make? >>>/vg/178154329 I want to see what thread it was on
>>
File: IMG_2610.jpg (52KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2610.jpg
52KB, 500x600px
>>32918845
And I just found out the whismur is timid.
Great.
>>
>>32918845
i had eleven poochyenas in an emerald run once. eleven. and i managed in the end. don't be a babby

>>32918879
>The dupes clause is basically mandatory on every game that lacks separate day/night encounter sets

bullshit
there are more than 50 catching spots in every game. some have way more than that. you won't die if you have a bunch of repeats so take this "DUPES CLAUSES IS MANDATORY" bullshit outta here
>>
>>32918845
>three zigzagoons
But that's amazing anon. Pickup heaven.
>>
File: Sun locke.png (137KB, 704x1122px) Image search: [Google]
Sun locke.png
137KB, 704x1122px
Sadly, Cutter's first act as Ribombee was his last. Castform took him out with a weatherball. I always underestimate that little shit. Luckily, he damaged Lurantis enough to put it in range for Mikey's Fake-out, ending the battle that way.

So, who do I replace him with? Been thinking about Tentacruel for coverage and I figure he's the best option. Pls give your insights.

>>32918845
>No dupes clause in Hoenn
Yes. Yes it is.
>>
>>32918925
Get the Bone zone

Lacks Fire types
>>
>>32918845
REEEEEEEEE

Check your Wingull's trainer card. You caught two Pokemon on the same route.
>>
File: IMG_2612.jpg (1MB, 2364x1399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2612.jpg
1MB, 2364x1399px
>>32918983
Just checked.
It's all good, no repeats so far.

Also upon inspection of my mons it's a straight up sausage party up in here.
Only one of my mons so far is a grill.
>>
File: COMIC.png (119KB, 672x1675px) Image search: [Google]
COMIC.png
119KB, 672x1675px
>>32918701
I dunno, a lot of B/W early route mons are subpar IMO but Lillipup/Woobat/Pankey are solid.

>>32918813
Meh, they've been duds so far. Here you go m8.

>>32918845
I don't believe in dupes clause either and I haven't gotten a Zigzagoon, Poochyena, or Wurmple yet. That's the way the cookie crumbles, my friend.
>>
File: IMG_2592.jpg (952KB, 1179x1582px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2592.jpg
952KB, 1179x1582px
>>32919067
Then I guess it's because my trainer is a filthy terrorist.
>>
File: Update 4, Been a While.jpg (463KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Update 4, Been a While.jpg
463KB, 1280x1440px
Busy day yesterday. Got some time to play, but no time to update. Here's what you missed:

>Magnemite completely fucks Totem Wishiwashi
>Barboach gets fucked by a flailing Sudowoodo
>Donkey fucks Salazzle
>Ribombee fucks Lurantis
>Wishiwashi and Donkey work together to fuck Olivia
>About to leave on the boat to Aether Paradise for the first time

Current level cap is 39, until I defeat Nanu. My plans for Staryu are to evolve it at 37 after it learns Power Gem. Decided not to use Wishiwashi right now because of how slow my team already is. Donkey is shaping up to be the run's MVP so far.
>>
>>32919177
>Light Screen Magnemite against Totem

Works great desu
>>
File: emeraldupdate2.png (35KB, 1475x450px) Image search: [Google]
emeraldupdate2.png
35KB, 1475x450px
just beat flannery! solrock carried and i was paranoid of torkoal crit overheating but she never even used it. big team update in pic.

also i decided to temporarily retire shedinja. it's falling behind level-wise and i'm always fucking scared that everything has some kind of coverage move for it. i'm pretty sure norman has shadow ball or some shit too.

>>32919087
oh it's probably also cuz im playing emerald. i think zigzagoon's less common here. i got a dupe numel if it makes you feel any better.
>>
>>32919042
101, 102, 103, 104, 116, Petalburg Woods, Rusturf Tunnel

7 areas, you have 8 catches (3 Wurmple, 3 Zig, 1 Whismur, 1 Wingull)
>>
>>32919303
Checked Boxed mons, you were right.
Thankfully my repeat was a wurmple I was never going to use anyways so it's all good.
Still, no idea how that happened unless there's a funky spot where a route repeats.
>>
>>32919357
>Still, no idea how that happened unless there's a funky spot where a route repeats.
there is
the route before petalburg woods continues in the other end of it
>>
So my team right now consists of Alakazam, Charizard, Raticate, Nidoqueen and Porygon2
Still have all the water routes, cinnabar, victory road and islands 1,2 and 3 to catch a sixth member. hopefully something easy to capture because ive only got a nest ball (and the three balls from sevii islands if i get there) accounted

wich poccemon is gud?
>>
>>32919467
If you're playing LeafGreen, try finding Staryu or Slowpoke.
>>
File: Bye Mom 25.jpg (233KB, 850x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Bye Mom 25.jpg
233KB, 850x1067px
>>32918882
I pray that nobody ever has to read my old Nuzlocke comics, but pic related, it's a file I found of a page. The comic was shit start to finish, and I pray nobody goes hunting for it. Had to draw, ink, and scan whenever I had spare time and I never fixed drawing errors so sometimes the character images went full retard.

>>32919067
I actually really like your comic style. A bit hard to read like most Nuzlockes, but every character has a very expressive face so it's still fun.
>>
File: cue.png (5KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
cue.png
5KB, 240x160px
>>32919757
thanks for the feedback. my comic-fu is pretty rusty and i've considered doing a full-on QUALITY nuzlocke comic. i'll probably try to clean it up, yeah. I like your comic too, for what it's worth. do you still do comics/art?
>>
>>32918925
I expect Misder to evolve and make it out alive by the end of this anon.
>>
File: 1471830998045.jpg (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1471830998045.jpg
54KB, 400x400px
>Malie Garden encounter
>Poliwag
>it's Timid

Fuck yeah, I'd love to use a Timid Politoed in this playthrough. Let's see where I get a King's Rock from.

>two post-game locations
>5% chance from Poliwhirl and Poliwrath who only appear as S.O.S. partners while it's raining in Malie Garden
>>
>>32919888
Did some looking into it. Apparently this is triggered by my own rain dancing, and the Poliwag I just got does know Rain Dance.

I'm not sure how long I'm going to spend attempting to farm this King's Rock, but I'm gonna try for a little bit at least.
>>
>>32919969
Do you have Thief or how are you getting the stone?
>>
File: Koh's Dawn Nuzlocke.jpg (193KB, 855x543px) Image search: [Google]
Koh's Dawn Nuzlocke.jpg
193KB, 855x543px
Off we go! Took down Aquilamon and saved my worthless teammates. First recruit to my party is Tokomon. Was close to having my own Hawkmon, but was off by one scan.
>>
>>32918701
if you don't have Roggenrola or a full health Intimidate Herdier to switch in you are pretty much guaranteed to lose someone to retaliate.
I was fortunate enough to get a roggenrola in my current white run and it near-soloed the gym at level 20 with iron defense spam into rock blast after a leech seed from pansage to keep it healthy (I don't use items in battle).
I still have gigalith alive but slow pure rock-type becomes a total liability later on so it's sitting in my box while I grind 6 other mons for the E4.
>>
>>32920685
I have Thief, but I've also given up. Way too much work for a frog. I decided to stick with Staryu.

Then a Raticate killed my Staryu.

So, I guess I'm using this Bruxish. It's Adamant, but it doesn't have Strong Jaw, so we'll see how he does.
>>
File: Nuzlocke run.png (96KB, 869x929px) Image search: [Google]
Nuzlocke run.png
96KB, 869x929px
Just modified this template I found, anything you guys think i should add on?
>>
>>32921476

I've never seen anyone else use a Bruxish other than me. My experience was training it, then having it die in it's first real battle against a Haunter that outsped me. My fault for taking that chance I guess.

>>32918701
Early game stuff in Unova can be good (minus Purrloin), but Lenora is hard to deal with. Sawk or Throh fucking laughs at them though.
>>
>>32921767
Your name
>>
>>32921767
remove worst girl
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.