[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is ORAS worth it if Gen 3 was your favourite? I miss best girl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

File: May_character.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
May_character.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
Is ORAS worth it if Gen 3 was your favourite?

I miss best girl
>>
File: oras.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
oras.png
228KB, 893x1200px
>>32916230
Just replay Gen 3
>>
>>32916230
Yes, PokeNav was an addicting experience and if you leave the Exp. Share off the challenge is unignorable by the time you reach the E4.
>>
>>32916230
no, they ruined her design
>>
>>32916230
It will just taint your memories of gen 3. I don't recommend it.
>>
>>32916230
It was little more than a low-effort, rushed cash grab.

But then again, which Pokemon game isn't nowadays?
>>
>>32916230
Definitely. ORAS May is an asbolute semen demon
>>
>>32916242
is the Exp Share in that game the old one or the new one
>>
>>32916327
The new one.
>>
Why does nearly every game have such shit pokemon variety for the first 4-5 gym areas? There are literally have hundreds of pokemon to choose from, and its always normal/flying/bug and the occasional rare poison or fighting type. Its boring as shit. The new games are cool, but lose major points for not using the resources they have available.

If i cant wondertrade my first few mons away for something else neat, the early game is just boring as shit.
>>
>>32916230
I liked RSE and ORAS.

I prefer ORAS because of the physical/special split and the fact that I can actually see May in the chibi model than an ugly overworld sprite.

Both are very playable, it's just ORAS wasn't the epic people wanted it to be. It's literally just an updated Gen 3 to match Gen 6 with some new features that makes it more accessible to the casuals.
>>
If gen 3 was your favorite just play gen 3.
>>
>>32916455
wrong
>>
>>32916230
Are you an autist getting mad about completely unimportant shit like mayville, sunken ship and spear pillar getting better, not having to manually walk a huge distance in a single place in a whole game, enemy teams starting to resemble enemy teams instead of clown trouppe and pretending being piss easy is somehow better than being piss easy? Do you like missing actual improvements like pokenav, physical/special split and infinite use TMs? Are you fine with not playing the game because a bunch of underage faggots on anonymous imageboard told you so, and those faggots don't even play the game and only play a shit simulator anyway? Then don't. The only real big issue with oras is missing the battle tents and frontier modes, seriously who asked for the same 3 lame gamemodes in every single postgame ever.
>>
>>32916230
Haven't played ORAS. I substitute with updated ROM hacks. Gen 3's graphics hold up suprisingly well in today's era.
>>
>>32916230
No. In fact you'll be more likely to hate it if Gen 3 was your favorite, people who weren't fans of Gen 3 seem to sometimes like it but I rarely ever see big Gen 3 fans praising ORAS.
>>
The games are fine. The only thing that are missing is the Battle Frontier, Gym leader rematches, and Emerald's story additions. If you don't care about that, the games are good.
>>
>>32917202
You listed the three things that made Emerald one of, if not the best Pokémon game made.
>>
>>32916230
If you're coming fresh off the heels of the trash that was XY, then yes ORAS feels great. If you recently played anything gen 5 or prior, especially Gen 3, ORAS is underwhelming trash. As somebody who fucking adores RSE/FRLG, I initially enjoyed ORAS, but looking back, it's just a DEmake that happens to have updated graphics and music.
>>
Play once as Brendan to see May in all her glory

Then reset and stay as May
>>
>>32916240
Those points only make ORAS inferior to modern standards. If you held Gen III up to the same standards and compared them to XY in this way, you'd be calling ORAS the best games ever.
>>
>>32916483
Yes you are.
>>
>>32917144
>/vp/ is the entire fandom
>>
>>32917372
You're very easy to make happy then. Just smack in some rematches, add a little extra to the story and some post-game facilities. Insta-best game ever.
>>
File: 1492797095410.png (23KB, 150x141px) Image search: [Google]
1492797095410.png
23KB, 150x141px
>>32917475
OP asked /vp/ about the game so I'd assume they'd want /vp/'s opinion.
>>
>>32917389
To be honest, ORAS is still way better than RS. It's just Emerald that's best.
>>
>>32916230
If you're okay with not being Emerald remakes, then yes. They have everything RS had made better, as well as loads of new stuff that's absolutely amazing. The only downside is that they don't have any of Emerald's additions.
>>
>>32917502
I'd say ORAS is more of a sidegrade regarding RS. ORAS is missing things that RS has as well, it's not just Emerald content that's gone even if people focus on that the most, and some things that haven't been removed have been changed in a negative way. It does have positive aspects over RS as well though so I can respect your opinion here.
>>
>>32917531
>ORAS is missing things that RS has as well
Trick house puzzles
?????
>>
>>32917502
Well, I'm holding ORAS to the standards of Emerald, much like I held HGSS up to crystal. HGSS improved upon crystal in every way. ORAS to emerald? Not so much.
>>
>>32917490
Not exactly what I meant. It was a amalgamation of everything, and how it all worked so well together. Emerald felt like a truly complete experience. ORAS did not. You have to think relativity to the time each released at. Despite being technically superior, ORAS is NOT a better game. Emerald did far more with far less.
>>
File: 69Oo5PV.jpg (289KB, 1000x705px) Image search: [Google]
69Oo5PV.jpg
289KB, 1000x705px
>>32916230
Lillie is the best girl though.
>>
>>32917731
You must be 18 years or older to be here
>>
>>32917612
Trick House puzzles, 99% of New Mauville, Berry Blending minigame, Game Corner (yes I know it's Europe's fault but it's still gone), Safari Game, roaming encounters. And some areas were changed for the worse like Granite Cave being made two short rooms with the majority of the cave being made inaccessible unless you backtrack later after getting the Mach Bike, and the teleport after getting Surf heavily mitigating the intended feeling of expansion upon getting it in the original.
>>
>>32916230
Absolutely. Gen 3 is my favorite gen as well, and ORAS was nothing but fun. I felt personally serviced as a fan.
>>
Is it just me or did they reduce the encounter rate in the surfing routes on the map? I barely ever encounter wild Tentacool like I did in the original RSE
>>
>>32916322
this. And fuck 3D. I want the old Grid plus Sprites.
>>
ORAS are the best games to date.
>>
>>32918777
Hahahahahaha
>>
>>32918777
Nah
>>
File: 1496798751010.png (33KB, 130x108px) Image search: [Google]
1496798751010.png
33KB, 130x108px
>>32918777
>>
File: c43[1].gif (4MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
c43[1].gif
4MB, 400x225px
>>32916230
Character limit keeps me from addressing everything, but as someone whose favorite/second favorite(depending on if the shadow pokemon games count) gen is 3, yes.

For what it lacks, there's improvements, mainly the rivals. Remember the optional last fight with the rival blocking Lilycove Mart and they still had a stage 1 starter? Plus, Wally's more than just a kid you see twice then sits in Victory Road for the rest of the game.

Another improvement is difficult to use pokemon being made more feasible e.g. Feebas will always be found fishing under the bridge on the route before Fortree, rather than a couple random tiles. This also includes weaker pokemon getting a buff like Shiftry and Castform getting Hurricane; Volbeat, Illumise, and Slakoth getting Play Rough; Vibrava getting Boomburst; Cradily and Armaldo getting Brine; and Luvdisc getting Draining Kiss.

Also, though HMs are the same as RSE, Fly can take you to literally any route in the game, dropping you off by the sign that says what route. You even get a key item that acts as fly so you don't need a fly slave in your party.

Breeding is easy in the postgame battle resort+gen6 breeding mechanics. But even before then, the Dexnav lets you conceivably use pokemon with hidden abilities and/or egg moves in a playthrough(except nuzlockes). You can use Boomburst Taillow before the first gym or conceivably use a Poochyena with Fire Fang and not have it screwed by Dark being special.

This is without going into the Delta Episode, which was certainly a better postgame than "Hey, I'm Looker. We missed part of the evil team and they're up to no good, let's do a small operation after you saved the world from basically gods. Okay, good job see you next game."

TL;DR It's no HGSS or FRLG and your mileage will vary, but I feel there's enough in these games for someone to enjoy what's new. Easy, but Nuzlocke, don't use EXP share, and/or use lower base stat pokemon on your team if you want it to be harder.
>>
>>32916230
Yes definitely.
>>
>>32916230
But best girl is in Crystal.
>>
>>32916240
Stop fucking posting these
>problem with Gen I
>problem with ORAS
>etc.
these are the cringiest images on the internet written by 14 year olds from deviantart

>>32916230
Gen III is my favorite and I hated ORAS. It's just a worse, uglier, more handholdy Emerald with less content, so.
>>
File: Gym Leaders and Elite Four.png (1MB, 3308x1566px) Image search: [Google]
Gym Leaders and Elite Four.png
1MB, 3308x1566px
>>32919617
I like images containing organized criticism, images like pic really lay out clearly what's wrong with trainer teams in newer games like XY for example, but I agree with those two images you mentioned specifically because the author puts too much emphasis on some parts (like complaining that ORAS doesn't have a Pokéwalker-style accessory) and not enough on others. I think someone should try to make a better image.
>>
I dunno since Gen III wasn't my favorite or my least favorite but I would rather play it than RSE
>>
File: kris mod.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
kris mod.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>32919596
Great taste! You know you can play as her if you have homebrew/CFW right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2eUwbrNb4k
>>
emerald's my favorite game in the franchise, but I still really liked ORAS. Almost everything removed from RSE was stuff I never used/didn't enjoy. A bit sad we didn't get mega seviper or something for tropius, but what can you do.
>>
>>32919742
So you're not only so pathetic that you have to make threads about her every day, and reach image limit in those threads samefagging, AND reply to yourself trying to make it look like you're not a lonely loser but now you've gone so far as to use fucking homebrew to play as that ugly bitch? Seriously, get some god damn therapy. I, and I'm sure many others on this board, recommend a bullet.
>>
File: 44376960_p1.jpg (32KB, 353x324px) Image search: [Google]
44376960_p1.jpg
32KB, 353x324px
>>32920031
I don't even know why I bother responding to you. For the last time other people like Kris, deal with it. I need to samefag like you do. Only a few other people at most would agree with you most people don't seem to mind me.
>>
>>32920064
>I need to samefag like you do
*I don't need to samefag like you do.
>>
>>32916230

I don't know. I hated gen 3, but I kind of like ORAS so far. Dexnav is one of the best features in a while
>>
>>32916302
This. It tries to be a nostalgic trip, but isn't.
>>
>>32920064
>gets called out constantly
>every thread you make has more people saying shit about you and your shitfu than there are people posting her pics
>even got BTFO in your last thread by pointing out there were 9 haters and 10 posters but
>>*I don't need to samefag like you do.
Are you that deep in denial or are you just retarded?
>>
>>32920987
>gets called out constantly
Only by you it seems judging by the writing style, lack of variety with insults, and level of hostility.
>every thread you make has more people saying shit about you and your shitfu than there are people posting her pics
One look at any Kris thread proves that wrong.
>even got BTFO in your last thread by pointing out there were 9 haters and 10 posters but
No I wasn't. Three other people were contributing in both that and the previous thread. Again unlike you I don't need to samefag, you can say you don't but I've caught you doing it. I know you read that post a couple Kris threads ago, in fact you're probably the one that replied with a (you) image because you couldn't deny any of the points I made. Why do you feel the need to follow me around just to whine about my existence?
On a side note have you ever been inside drawthreads? There appears to be something similar to this going on in there. A small group of people (no guess on the number but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if it was just one guy) are jealous that some guy named Swordbro keeps getting his requests fulfilled over their own. Maybe you would have a better time hanging out with those spergs (or sperg) since you seem to have a lot in common (following someone around, whining about their existence, insulting their waifu, being a complete baby) in the meantime I should probably take a page from Swordbro's book and just stop replying to you. Enjoy your (hopefully) last (you) from me.
>>
>>32921209
Shit that post is too long, your dumbass probably won't even read it.
>>
I wish the event islands made a return. Faraway Island, Birth Island, Naval Rock, etc. Mystery Gift the tickets/Old Sea Chart instead of "Hey guy in the Pokémon Center, thanks for the Level 70 legendary. See ya tomorrow!"
>>
>>32921215
now they'll say your the anon they replied to
>>
File: index.png (11KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
11KB, 246x205px
>>32921280
Thats not the anon thats been hating on the krisfag I am!
>>
>>32920031
Dude, calm down. No one should be this upset over a harmless fucking graphical hack.
>>
File: Raeta.png (2MB, 4400x1616px) Image search: [Google]
Raeta.png
2MB, 4400x1616px
>>32916240
>>
>>32921547
Oops
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.