[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Old features that made the series better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2048.png (152KB, 300x218px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2048.png
152KB, 300x218px
From gen 3 to gen 5, Mystery Gift events weren't always just distributions or giveaways. Usually, the item distributed would be an item, like the Aurora Ticket or the Azure Flute, which unlocked a certain area of the region and allowed you to both capture a rare legendary and learn something about its lore. Gen 4 in particular had almost all of its event exclusive legends distributed in this type of in-game event manner rather than plain distributions, which were all we saw in gens 6 and 7. Going to the Pokémon center and receiving a shiny level 100 rayquaza is not nearly as exciting as solving the meteor puzzle to battle and catch Deoxys, journeying all the way to the end of Seabreak Path to battle and catch Shaymin, or talking to people on Liberty Garden to learn Victini's lore.

I accidentally made this thread on /tv/ at first; if a second, identical thread shows up on /vp/, it's because mods moved it.
>>
I disliked it since I hated part of the map being locked off permanately on repeat playthroughs.

I'd rather they just get rid of event exclusivity.
>>
>>32914623
You're a faggot.
>>
>>32914661
turbofaggot
>>
>>32914623
You're a faggot.
>>32914664
You're a faggot.
>>
>>32914623
>>32914664
>>32914671
faggots
>>
It's faggots all the way down.
>>
>>32914623
You're a faggot.

>>32914661
You're a faggot.

>>32914664
You're a faggot.

>>32914671
You're a faggot.

>>32914676
You're a faggot.

>>32914683
You're a faggot.
>>
>>32914684
Faggot
>>
Best thread on this board right now.
>>
>>32914694
fag
>>
>>32914661
>>32914664
>>32914671
>>32914676
>>32914683
>>32914684
>>32914689
You know what's funny?

I can snap and kill every mother fucker like you on this board if we met IRL.

Seriously, think about it. I'd have your windpipe crushed and your eyes gouged out before you would even know what's happening.

You guys talk big shit. Watch yourselves.
>>
>>32914707
lol faggot
>>
>>32914707
That's because you're a faggot.
>>
>>32914707
You remind me of that navy soldier meme from years back.
>>
File: IMG_1943.jpg (134KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1943.jpg
134KB, 640x625px
I miss how certain trainer classes in gen 5 had specialties: Rangers gave you a berry after the battle, Nuses healed your pokemon, Breeders would re-challenge you every time they saw you, etc. It added an aspect of realism to the games, made you think of the NPC trainers as more than just punching bags for exp.
>>
>>32914617
I'm sorry your thread got ruined by shitposters, OP. I for one agree with you, I'd much rather have events unlock new areas and letting you catch the Mythical yourself (thus also getting your own OT on it) and having new areas/lore to explore in the process, or simply no event-exclusive Mythicals at all. Fuck hand-outs. I'm fine with just spending 5 minuted hacking Emerald to go to Faraway Island instead of just injecting some dumb event Mew.
>>
>>32914707
Knowyourmeme when?
>>
>>32914623
You would think that Game Freak would eventually change Wonder Cards to not be deleted by starting a new save file. But alas, it's Game Freak.
>>
GF probably thought it'd be too hard or boring for kids to make special events, so they went for simple distributions.
>>
>>32914617
The same went for gen 3 as far as almost all of the events had a little story to them. The only one that didn't was Jirachi.
>>
>>32914815
they need to stop babying the kids and let them figure shit out for themselves. kids today are too soft and cant think for themselves anymore
>>
>>32914617
>>32914815
You also "accidentaly" forgot that every other gen 5 event mon was distributed like the ones of today.
>>
>>32914617
Now I kinda want to do a run of Emerald and do all those events.

Where there ever backstories for the events?
>>
>>32915148
There were two in-game events in BW, if memory serves me correctly. One was the Liberty Pass event with Victini, and the other was one which involved using the Relocator to transfer a special shiny Raikou, Entei, and Suicune from Gen 4 to Gen 5, which would allow you to catch Zoroark in Lostlorn Forest. Those are only the ones I can remember off the top of my head.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.