[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would 127 new pokemon without kanto pandering in GEN 8 kill the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

This high amount of new pokemon with no kanto pandering would anger the fanbase of course.
Do you think the series could die for this?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>32913864
why?
>>
>>32913859
Well gen4 had 107 new mon minus gen1 evo and the pikachu-like that's 100 newmon and the series has done nothing but growth since

Hell, gen 5 had 0 mon related to the rest so >>32913864
>>
>>32913877
Pokemon fans outside 4chan LOVE repetition.
new pokemon = novelty = bad for them.
It's funny, but we're the less autistic part of the fanbase
>>
>>32913859

What makes you think it would kill the series?
If anything, one of the main complaints about the last 2 gens is the lack of new Pokemon and diversity in new Pokemon.
I'd welcome 127 new Pokemon after these last 2 gens.
And if they still want to pander to Gen 1, introduce more regional forms or extend lines with evolutions.
>>
>>32913859
Absolutely not. The first responder is memeing as hard as he can meme. Kanto is extremely played out if they hope to make an additional RGY/RBY remake they need to stop pandering to Kanto so that their new audience finds that game refreshing. As of this moment in time, Kanto mons were everywhere in Kalos and Alola (variants were a great way around this issue and something the fanbase already asked for). I think the over saturation of Kanto mons is a mistake that will hurt the sales of a future Kanto game. The familiar faces while nostalgic are becoming nauseating at this point. Spaced repetition is a practice I know GF uses but possibly not enough for their own profits.

More designs are great, numbers = quality at this point. Variant redesigns allow for any design to be remade to be more popular or patch up a design flaw. Designs are all this game is about. It's a reskinned bug catching game. No one wants to feel they are catching the came beetles and worms in their own backyard forever, as familiar as they may be they become resented by the exploring nature of the catcher, looking for something new only to find something old is disappointing and discourages the bug hobbyist. We need new "bugs" every gen. That's all people are really signing up for. The story could be unbearable but high quality designs could ultimately save a title by itself
>>
>>32913859
gf pls
>>
>>32914389
(Cont.)
I would really like to have GF remove some of the burden of design stagnation by hosting a monthly contest for the best fakemon designs, GF selects 5-10 and they are voted on. Winner gets to meet most of the GF development team in an online meeting or maybe in person. Either way getting people to design fakemon and encourage this as more than a game is their ultimate selling point of future gens. They say they can't do that but of course they can, it'll just be initially difficult to handle the hype and eventually you'll have everyone 5years-35years doodling brainstormed ideas with a friend on on paper towel/cocktail napkins discussing movesets and joking around. Pokemon will become a medium for art, a big step forward. Most of the work and fanbase demand is already there. They only need to initiate that excitement
>>
>>32913859
I would love it, in fact new pokemon are what keep me interested in the series more than any feature or story. We can expect some dressed Pikachu shit and Lucario/Charizard/Greninja giveaway as always and still have 100+ new pokemon, there are lots of unused animals and concepts to base a huge pokedex on
>>
>>32914454
digimon already did this, Im positive Pokemon will do the same in the future. An single fan submitted evolutionary line every generation would benefit the brand imo
>>
>>32914493
>Wanting more new pokemon and being exited by it
You're what is killing this series.
Why the fuck people want new pokemon? they damage the series.
The series was fine with 493 forever
>>
>>32913859
No. This is the highest-grossing media franchise in history. One misstep isn't enough to completely kill it.
>>
>>32913859
Kill?
That's the only way to save the series.
>>
No. That's lesser new Pokémon than 1st Generation, 5th generation and 3th generation introduced.

New Pokémon are what most important for each new generations of Pokémon.
>>
>>32914622
New Pokémon are what most important and what's most exciting for each new generation of Pokémon.
>>
No.

That's actually my ideal game. I loved BW for that very reason.
>>
>>32914454

No. The New Pokémon designs are original and a interesting concept.

Pokémon are not animals. We don't really need a lot of them look like animals anyway.
>>
File: 1499002216700.jpg (22KB, 346x450px) Image search: [Google]
1499002216700.jpg
22KB, 346x450px
>>32914622
Get. Out. Fucking. Normalfag.

Get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out!!!
>>
>>32914771
But that's not the same as good
>>
Gen 5 had completely new Pokemon in the entire region, and it was one of the best things about it.

Also,
>Pokemon
>dying
>>
>>32913859
No
>>
>>32914389
>>32914454
One of the biggest issues for me is that with how many Pokemon there are, the same few get shoved into almost every title. What makes Psyduck so special that it needs to be included in every game?
>>
>>32915186
There's 0 chance of a big gen happening, there's not enough demand for new pokemon to make it viable.
>>
>>32915165

Lie.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.