[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These cities are getting too fucking big.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1488212004947.jpg (11KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1488212004947.jpg
11KB, 250x187px
Is there a definite trend toward making the biggest cities too big and impossible to navigate? Jubilife, Goldenrod and Saffron, while being the biggest cities in their regions, were never unmanageable or hard to navigate. Being in Lumiose for the first time is a very un-comfy experience. It pisses me the fuck off when there's too much exploration. There's nothing fun about that shit.

I'm the kind of person who likes to talk to every NPC in the game just to make sure I'm not missing an item or a piece of lore. But I'm finding that task impossible nowadays because the cities are just too big and finding everyone too hard. I have to resort to Serebi to find items or /vp/ for interesting trivia spouted by NPCs when I used to do it all for myself. Should they make the cities smaller in gen VIII?
>>
Castelia wasn't even that big.
>>
Alola kind of moved away from that. A single, big-ass city wasn't one of its selling points.
>>
>>32904240
>Should they make the cities smaller in gen VIII?
No. What they did with Alola was bad enough.
>>
>>32904240
I hope gen 8 has a really big city
>>
>>32904281
If Gen 8 has a Chinese region, it could be huge.
>>
>>32904283
Gen 8 is already confirmed Australia, so expect Sydney.
>>
>>32904281
As long as the controls in it aren't retarded, I can get behind that. I'd love a big city with several different sections (park, industrial, etc.) with stray Pokemon to catch.
>>
Castelia was perfect honestly. It made it's self look and seem big without actually being all that big. Lumiose wasn't great, but still neat. Hau'oli City is pretty bad though. It's mostly long stretches of mostly nothing. With Lumiose they at least tried to make it look like it had stuff to do by filling it up with cafes and restaurants.
>>
>>32904291
but can we expect WESTERN sydney
that is the true question
>>
>>32904295
>stray Pokemon to catch.
Pretty much this. Even something like the "park" or whatever it was called in BW2, along with the sewers.

Just show some pidoves eating stuff on the ground, maybe a rattata running away when you walk near. And then back-alleys where you can catch stuff like grimers or something. The main issue with big cities is that they don't have enough pokemon.
>>
>>32904240
desu I would love more large-scale areas in the games, SM had more realistically laid-out places but still retained the small scale of previous games which didn't work well. I'm not asking for GTA or BotW levels of open, just make towns and cities more than just three houses, a Pokemon Center and some NPCs sprinkled here and there.
>>
>>32904283

Fuck man, it would be amazing

>Shanghai
>Hong Kong
>Chengdu
>Hangzhou

Basically, everything will be aesthetic as fuck.
>>
>>32904240
>Being in Lumiose for the first time is a very un-comfy experience.
only because the camera and controls sucked, and all the store and cafe signs were hard to see.
>>
>>32904380
>smog everywhere
>everyone wearing surgical masks
>children getting beaten on the sidewalk
>every female npc is depressed
>all items in the pokemart are bootleg
>all clothes are fake offbrand
>grimer, trubbish, and koffing on every route
>>
>>32904240

We need to return to Japan. there's a lot of regions they haven't used yet and a lot of Pokemon ideas they can use. like

>Oni or Onryƍ ghost type Pokemon
>Kaiju Pokemon
>more relation to Bug-types dedicated to Satoshi
>>
>>32904291
Source?
>>
>>32904915
Serebii
>>
>>32904389
>>32904389
I'd play this
>>
>>32904389
>NPCs shitting on the sidewalk

Might as well have gen 9 in an india region.
>>
>>32904408
GF doesn't care THAT much about Pokemon ideas relating to region. We got a giant panda in France and a red panda in Hawaii.
>Kaiju Pokemon
You really think we have a shortage of those?
>>
>>32904938
Post source. Australia will most likely be gen 9. Gen 8 will probably be china,south east asia, or Spain.
>>
>>32904240
Ever Grande City: Population: 1
Adamstown, Pitcairn Islands: Population 56
Vatican City: Population 800
Lumiose City: Population: 416
Paris, France: Population: 2,160,000
Though, it is fair to say that you, the player, see only a hundredth of the actual residents in a town.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.