[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is SM's biggest flaw other than too many cutscenes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: sun-moon-169-en.jpg (53KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
sun-moon-169-en.jpg
53KB, 578x327px
http://www.strawpoll.me/13327737
>>
None of those. The atrociously streamlined level design is.
>>
>>32904218
Yokai Watch has a simpler level layout (not a simple as SM though) but each area is so full of things to do and random events, I think GF attempted this but failed.
>>
>>32904212
>too many cutscenes
I always knew /vp/ had autism but this is just going too far.
>>
The world itself generally not being very gripping to explore, which is the actual biggest issue. There's very little going on to keep you interested and stimulated in the map. There's a better word than "gripping" I've used before but it isn't coming to mind right now.

Also, "too many cutscenes" itself isn't the issue there, it's the way they're spread about. They interrupt what should be a stretch of gameplay too often without doing anything to provide a context for the gameplay.
>>
>>32904212

Lack of new Pokémon.
>>
>>32904212
>Lillie is an option
based OP
>>
I voted customization, but my gripe with the game is the Alola region itself. Unova and Kalos get a lot of flak for looking like circles and being streamlined in where you go, but both of those still have a region that feels "alive", and sometimes gives you leeway to find new things on your own. In Kalos you could backtrack before you go to Dendemille Town and there's a few side caves and locations every now and then, and Unova lets you go to some places from BW1 that are completely optional in 2, or go through places like the haunted house. Alola feels tiny in comparison. There's a few surfing routes you can backtrack to, but they're about on par with Kalos's Azure Bay in that they're just small islands with items, and Melemele's Ten Carat is also tiny, just like the rest of the island. You can't explore places like the mountain to Sophocles's trial. It just doesn't feel much like an adventure.
>>
lack of PSS and dungeons being basically non-existent.
>>
>>32904316
For me it's lack of old pokemon, especially ones that I think would make sense to be in there without having to transfer (Solrock and Lunatone where??)
>>
>>32904236
the towns in yokai watch look incredible, too bad everything else sucks ass
>>
>>32904370
>Solrock and Lunatone where?

I see and They are originally from Space.
>>
>>32904212
TVs are all Malasada bullshit
>>
Festival plaza, I can't believe how they managed to make multiplayer features, the most important aspect of the franchise so bad and confusing after the step in the right direction that was the PSS, it shows the main problem with the franchise on going steps backwards on important features just for the sake of switching things up.
>>
>>32904218

Yeah you are right. Sun and Moons level design is amazing compared to that blocky nes shit they called level designs.
>>
I'm gay so I'm really confused as to why everyone loves the female characters so much especially the ones that barely show up or have any dialogue but then you have a girl who's basically the main character of the game and everyone hates her. Wouldn't she be the most developed waifu or whatever?
>>
File: 1412807451345.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1412807451345.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>32904212
Lillie.
Never before have I hated a Pokemon character. Found some a little annoying at best, but I have not hated a single one until Lillie came along. She alone manages to be worse than the entire group of friends from XY. She's a fucking walking wall of text.

I just wish GF would fuck off from story and just make the games about adventuring. I can't understand why GF is so hell bent on including more story and characters in these games when they can't write to save their fucking lives.
>>
>>32904542
No, just because she had a ton of dialogue doesn't mean she develops a lot. Most of the dialogue doesn't add anything to the story, it's just asinine and boring filler.
>>
>>32904542

Too accessible. She's the slut who keeps showing up when you want her to go away. The others give you space and make you want them more.
>>
National dex in bank.

I mean I get that it makes sense for when USUM come out and 8th gen come out and D/P remakes come out, all of those share the same nat dex, but like come on.

I just wanted to see Rotomdex tell me about every single brand new Pokemon from wonder trade.
>>
>>32904550
>>32904551
I didn't think she was that bad. Her dad is so fucking hot thoughhh ahhh
>>
>>32904212
Not on the list: Lack of good places to level up Pokemon and grind. added to that, lowering EXP yield
>>
>>32904212
>No lack of Pokemon variety
It's route 1 for the entire game if you find something that isn't peppiper, gumshoos, crabralwer,A-rat. It's probably at a 10% or less
>>
>>32904212
>Hau, Lillie, Gladion, etc as separate options
Oh bloody hell, that's limiting the option too much you fuck. Just put something like "Characters" and have people elaborate of they want to.
>>
>>32904212
>http://www.strawpoll.me/13327737
I honestly really liked Sun and Moon, I don't see why it gets so much hate.

My main problem with them wasn't even listed: The Pokédex.
It's so flavourless, containing most of gen 1 which we have seen for over 20 years now, next to no gen 5 and just generally barely "tropical" at all. I hope USUM adds at least 80 old mons that add flavour, like Tropius, Blitzle, Sewaddle, Aipom for example.

SM did many things right, folks
>No HMs
>Also means no insta-win Surf for your Water types until later on
>Poké-Pelago means you can get useful items and raise happiness without doing much, but also feels somewhat immersive at the same time
>Actually acknowledged Apricorn Balls, even if only one
>Alola forms bring a new lease of life to mons you'd otherwise not bother with, and thank God they did considering how many Gen 1 mons were in the dex
>Gen 5 exp yield
>Many moves changed for the better eg Leech Life
>2v1 Totem Battles provided a decent challenge
>>
>No national pokedex
>Not many new places to travel to after becoming champion
>>
>>32905857
I agree.
>>
>>32904212
OH SHIT ITS MY CHANCE TO SHIT ON SUN AND MOON!!!

I wont mention cutscenes/gameplay interruptions since it's widely accepted to be the worst thing about it. ALRIGHT! H-HERE I GO!

FUCK the fucking rotom dex. HURRRR ITS A POKEMON IN A POKEDEX LOL! It talks human too and it wont go the fuck away and just let me see my map.

FUCK the riding pokemon. It's kinda cool that they took out HMs, but they were SO close but still missed. Should have been a way to tag your pokemon who COULD ride (and have a list more than Tauros) and when you used your cell phone to call them, YOUR pokemon would show up to ride. No gay ass riding clothes either. Sharpedo was a STRAIGHT upgrade from Lapras and you'll always be on Stoutland to item find so you wont hear the music of the overworld and whatnot.

Trainers are the weakest they've ever been. Every game has been making trainers weaker and weaker. But it's just embarrassing. Most trainers have one or two pokemon and they typically blow donkey dick. It's never a fun fight. WILD pokemon put up more of a fight...

BECAUSE FUCK CRY FOR HELP! Oh hey I see that you're fighting a pokemon around your level WOULD BE A SHAME TO MAKE THIS TWO ON ONE! Except you often beat both down so the other just cries for help anyways. So you end up in a chain of 20 pokemon and you just want to fucking move on anyways.

Z moves are dumb. I know I said I wouldn't get into cut scenes but...Fuck the stando powah cut scene. Fuck the same boring ass "HOLY SHIT I JUST DROPPED A NUKE ON NAGASAKI/ROWLET!!!"

Totem Pokemon were SO close to being awesome. Totem Pokemon should have come out with +2 or +3 stat boosts in more than one stat. Imagine the first fight being one where you were taught to UTILIZE those "shitty" early moves everyone deleted by level 15. String shot, leer, growl, tail whip, etc, etc. Imagine facing down the Raticate/Gumshoe who had +3 defense/spdef and you had to swap your pokemon around to weaken it enough to finish it.
>>
>>32905942
MY GOD I understand the game is for literal babies at this point. But when WE were literal babies, we beat Pokemon R/B/Y/G/S/C and while I wont pretend those are "difficult" games, theyre a whole lot harder than this game. I honestly felt like I accomplished something when i beat the E4. Even going back and playing Crystal, I still felt like I had to actually try not to waste too much exp on mon I didn't plan to use. It's not too challenging, but I feel like I have to think a BIT more.

Too much "bloat" shit. Berry farms, bean farm, passive level ups, exp share at level 7. Petting your pokemon makes them unkillable and is easier to get them maxed out than in ex why.

The online is the shittiest it's EVER been. I got on the gts and did two wonder trades before someone ELSE DCs ON ME and now I can't use the gts for 3 days.

There is almost no "challenge" in the challenges. The fire guy's challenge was just retarded. There's NO puzzles or string of battles, or ANYTHING to make you -feel- like you did anything. The game holds your hand from the very first step and doesn't let go, even at post game where the game should make you BETTER it just spoonfeeds you.

I feel sorry for people who are growing up with x/y and sun/moon. They have NO challenge at all thrown at them. They'll go online with their shitty teams and get stomped and not have fun. There is no REASON for them to get good. No battle factory, no difficult challenges, nothing to make them WANT to get better. So the FIRST TIME something hard is presented (other players) they'll almost all just want to quit.
>>
>>32904212
>no "nothing" option
Bait as usual I see
>>
>>32904218
First post best post.

This game is so linear it's hardly enjoyable. Those other flaws listed pale in comparison.
>>
>>32904622
That's not even mentioning the fact that the Island Scan pokemon, which you can easily pick up during the story, aren't counted in the regional dex.
>>
>>32905942
>>32905962
Even if you do these autistic posts that have legitimate points, NO ONE is going to believe your "difficulty" arguments.
>>
>>32905994
Maybe I went a little autistic. I get that I'm a grandpa and times are changing and people just don't want super hard games all the time. I get that kids are different now and they expect to be coddled and that the games ARE for the kids.

But man, why can't there be a modicum of difficulty there? The game can practically play itself at this point. There's no real challenge, no -real- decision making involved. You don't need to buy items really, because NPCs hand them out. You get FIFTEEN great balls after the first challenge. You get 10 potions near the start. 10 super potions not long after. Every cut scene there is someone to heal your pokemon before an important fight.

So you grab Flash, you walk through the rock tunnel fighting everything both wild and trainer. You get through the end to Lavender town and you're STILL not done. Trainers block the route and you'll have to fight AT LEAST one guy before healing up. It's a long arduous journey and you basically have to "slog" through the tunnels fighting wild pokemon and like 10+ trainers in total just to make it to the next pokemon center. It's not "hard" like Contra 3, but Sun and Moons tunnels are half the length, 1/4th the trainers, and your friends will heal you to max halfway through.

It's TOO easy.
>>
You know one minor thing that upset me but didn't really affect the main game is that they removed Triples battles.
Like, why?
>>
>Not being able to have rematches with trainers
>>
>>32904316
Who the fuck wants new pokemon
>>
Lack of Post-game.

really should've been on there.
>>
>>32906153
a lot of people.
>>
>>32906158
(you)
>>
>>32904316

i dont give a single shit about new pokemon

colosseum doesnt have any new pokemon and feels more refreshing than any other pokemon game
>>
>>32904212
Are you still crying?
>>
>>32905829
The hate is only on /vp/

Apparently this is the only place where they can cry
>>
>>32906172
>Refreshing
is the same shit over and over

Why keep playing this series honestly?
>>
>>32905965
Oh no, there is a "nothing" option: it's called "not clicking this thread because you personally believe there's nothing wrong with SM and therefore you have no need to humor the people who do have problems with it".
>>
>>32906191
you think having new pokemons make everything different when it's just a copy paste of former ones

I dont like Sun & Moon but i have to say it's different, as well as Colosseum was different
>>
>>32904218
>cherrypicking this hard
Why don't you post a hidden cave in the meadow or some or that big ass lavender tree that I didn't even find first time I was there
>>
>>32904212
The biggest flaw was that all the new Pokémon had encounter rates of like 5% and below. Completely overshadowed by alolan forms and fucking wingull
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.