[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Underrated pokemon appreciation thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: 2017-06-30 16.33.49.jpg (720KB, 1060x1883px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-30 16.33.49.jpg
720KB, 1060x1883px
Post them, Also fun sets.

Pretty standard with 252 sp.atk 252 speed and 4 hp, modest nature with Ghosium Z

Foul play catches set-up sweepers off guard and smacks them hard.
>>
>>32903119
>Mismagius
>underrated
It's shit. Your set is shit too.
>>
>>32903132
>opinions

Nah this set works out pretty well new friend. Did you read the op? Go shit post in one of the waifu threads.
>>
>>32903119
WELCOME
E
L
C
O
M
E

BACK
A
C
K

WOLF
O
L
F

PACK
A
C
K
>>
File: 1436725315858.jpg (68KB, 448x503px)
1436725315858.jpg
68KB, 448x503px
>>32903119
>special sweeper
>foul play
>in the same set as shadow ball
>>
>>32903119
Replace foul play with literally any other special attacking move and its a decent if boring set.
>>
>>32904141
Replace it with destiny bond and then maybe it becomes an interesting gimmick set
>>
>>32903119
you would think taht mismagius would be getting more attention since gengar's ability nerf and the fact it gets access to a move that lowers the opponents spa. atk stat 100% right?
>>
File: getrekt.png (9KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
getrekt.png
9KB, 237x213px
>>32903132
>>32903150
>>
>>32904141
>boring set

I said post fun sets, I like foul play on this, it gives it a chance to hit specially defensive mons harder, figy belly lax gets btfo for example.
>>
>>32904313
Ah. Well then my apologies. Here's a set I've found to be pretty fun to mess around with online:

Chandelure (F) w/firium Z
252 sp.atk/252 speed/4 HP

Flamethrower
Shadow ball
Solar beam
Sunny day

Use Z-sunny day and then go to town with your speed boost.
>>
>>32904198
I think gengar is mostly used for it's mega now. It's stats are still relevant too.

>>32904358
This is pretty interesting, I might try this out.
>>
Here's another set.

Entei @ flame plate adamant 252 speed 252 attack 4 hp.
>>
File: 20170630_221104.jpg (276KB, 879x517px)
20170630_221104.jpg
276KB, 879x517px
>>
>>32904461

>Flame plate

Really anon?
>>
Hitmontop can easily serve as voth a revenge killer and a hazard remover. Intimidate and Assault Vest make it have otherworldy bulk, and it resists Stealth Rock, too. It can play around with priority killing. If you're against a smart player predicting a Sucker Punch on their (weak to dark), and you can double mindgames them by pursuiting and possibly picking up a kill. Sucker Punch still suffices if you need it.
Hitmontop (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 120 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch / Sucker Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Pursuit / Sucker Punch
>>
>>32904514
Yes? It's incase you already have a mon on your team holding a life orb, makes sacred fire hit as hard as flare blitz with no draw backs and boosts flame charge.
>>
>>32904555

right... well good luck with that. I wouldn't waste a team slot for only boosted fire moves but to each their own.
>>
>>32904572
Fair enough.
>>
>>32904461
I'd recommend a Choice Band instead. Depends on the team.
>>
>>32904602
Choice band could work, but it would rather be jolly. Flame charge mitigates it's speed problem while still having a great amount of power with flame plate and sacred fire.
>>
>>32904625
True. Scarf and replace Flame Charge? If you don't have LO on your team, it should work, too.
>>
>>32904667
That could work, but I like the option to change moves, after 1 flame charge you will be as fast as scarf anyway.
>>
>>32904276
That wasn't a "burn". At all.
>>
I haven't played Sun/Moon competitive yet, so this set probably doesn't work there but here is my x/y doubles team;

Main Attacker, M-Gyarados (Crunch, aqua tail, dragon dance, dragon something phys move)

Support attacker, Raichu with focus sash. Maximum speed. Thunder, tbolt, nuzzle, nasty plot.

Defense. Chestnaught. Spikey shield, wood hammer, toxic, leech seed. Sometimes left overs, sometimes rock helmet.

But my "underrated fun build" is my Raichu and Gyarados bff. Crobat!

"Crobat? Anon you fucking retard that thing is decent."

Yeah well, my crobat is;

DEFENSE HP AND SPEF EVs holding a ...DAMP. ROCK!

"Anon are you a ret-"

Sometimes. But listen. My crobat knows Rain dance, Roost, HYPNOSIS, and bravest bird.

Roost for healing, obviously since it's kinda beefy. Brave bird for damage and coverage. Hypnosis and it's BASE speed make it one of the FASTEST hypnosis users and...well yeah it can miss. But it's saved me a bunch of times. If it hits, it buys at LEAST one turn for Gyarados or Raichu to start cleaning house.

Turn 1 is almost always Dragon dance - Rain dance w/ crobat and gyarados. If they have something electric I obviously switch to lightning rod Raichu. Anything that might ohko my Gyarados or put a nasty status on it, I go for hypnosis instead.

Turn 2 is either M-gyarados time or another DD if it's safe. Crobat can either rain dance or hypnosis. The only time I'm not spamming hypnosis is if he can help KO things with bravest bird or he needs to heal.

They never aim for Crobat, so when it's down, I'm free to toss in Raichu for 100% accurate Thunder. I really love when I predict an electric move, throw out Raichu and get the +1 boost, then next turn nasty plot for a total of +3 and then just clean house with a rain dance boosted thunder. Otherwise m-gyarados can sweep with aqua tail after being boosted once or twice with DD. Chestnaught is for phys pokemon it can stall out w/ crobat.
>>
>>32904770
I've considered giving my crobat Rain dance, Roost, Hypnosis, and Confuse ray. Confuse + Hypnosis would make him a really annoying cunt, but I like being able to bust out a bravest bird to help with some "chip" damage or if something is low enough but I don't want to waste a whole turn of my attackers big hits on a low HP mon.

I'm considering replacing Chestnaut with something that can take advantage of raindance, like something with raindish or that one that removes status conditions in the rain. Also considered, at one point, replacing Crobat entirely with a Swanna that knows Hurricane and Rain dance, but I just feel like it's not fast enough to do it's job.
>>
>>32904810
You should keep brave bird on crobat so it isn't complete taunt bait. I'd recommend ludicolo as a replacement for chesnaught it gets swift swing and rain dish, you could also go for poliwrath if you want to keep the fighting coverage you'll be missing from chesnaught.
>>
>>32904276
>calling that "comeback" a burn
>getrekt.png
I smell underage
>>
File: Drilbur.png (194KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Drilbur.png
194KB, 600x600px
I never see anyone talking about this little fucker. I love Drilbur. I've been going on a new run in White and I've been trying to use Pokemon I've never used before and I found one by chance in Wellspring Cave. Ended up being a very welcome edition to my team.
>>
>>32903119
>tbolt/ foul play
>not energy ball/ power gem to wreck havoc
>>
>>32906056
That's far from underrated.
>>
>>32906066
Thunderbolt shits on celesteela, gyrados, pelipper, toxipex, etc. I've already gone over why it has foul play enough. Read the thread.
>>
>>32903287
I hope that furryfag gets run over
>>
Haxorus @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
252 Atk, 252+ Spe
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Poison Jab
Low Kick

You can switch out Low Kick for EQ but I've had more success with Low Kick. You can also run an Adamant nature but you're going to get shit on by common scarf users like Lele and Excadrill.
>>
>>32904037
Foul play uses your opponent's atk stat, retard!
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.