[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FireRed (and LeafGreen I guess) Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: firered.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
firered.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
How do you feel about them? Would you say that they have better battle themes than the other games? Are they better remakes than OR/AS?
>>
>>32901194
They were great to it's own time, and yes, were better than ORAS but not than HGSS.
>>
>>32901194
Don't care much for them. They were too conservative and added very little to the original games in my opinion.

The were average. HGSS were good. ORAS were mediocre.
>>
Some of my personal favorites as I feel like they pretty much perfected what RBGY attempted. They're not SS-tier remakes, but they're my favorite remakes for capturing the nostalgic feeling of RGBY while making it all the comfier.
>>
>>32901194

Another remake needs to be done for these games. This is before the physical special were fixed in gen 4
>>
They're fucking nothing. They're just the original games with none of the great additions Gen 2 and 3 had applied to them. Not to mention the only new content, the Sevii Islands, are awful trash that you should never bother with.
>>
>>32901341
Except that you kinda have to in order to get Mewtwo. And because I was retarded when I was younger I could never figure out how to get the Sapphire.
>>
>>32901194
FRLG has fucking S-tier music if you ask me. It's not quirky/changed like HGSS and it's not tinny and fake like ORAS. In terms of polishing and recreating the original music, it's by far the best. They really outdid themselves on
>cinnabar island
>celadon city
>route 3
>mt moon
>silph co.
>champion battle
>TRAINER BATTLE
>>
>>32901433
I know, and all the battle themes are so intense. Even the wild Pokemon battle theme gets me hyped.
>>
>>32901433
That's bad music though.
>>
Probably my favorite games
Maybe second only to HGSS or Emerald
>>
>>32901341
>Sevii Islands are awful trash that you should never bother with
You silly nigger, the Sevii Islands might be small but what is there is great. Somehow they alone have more dungeons and puzzles than the entire Alola region.
>>
>>32901341
>They're just the original games with none of the great additions Gen 2 and 3 had applied to them.

Eh, no.

It has stuff like Double Battles, held items, new moves, abilities, and other stuff added in Gen 2&3, but no real time clock so no growing berries or time specific events. It also has the VS Seeker for rematching trainers.

It's a very different game from the original Gen 1 game.
>>
>>32901593
>dungeons and puzzles
Haha, good one.

>>32901607
>It's a very different game from the original Gen 1 game.
No. It's the exact same game with the bare minimum updates.
>>
>>32901647
>exact same game
>Psychic types have actual counters now

No.
>>
>>32901680
That's a big change there, anon. I remember how crazy Psychic type was during the main game of RBY. It made Sabrina totally unbeatable!

Owait it was entirely irrelevant to the main game that's right!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.