[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Complains about Pokemon being too easy, linear, short, having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: ------.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
------.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
>Complains about Pokemon being too easy, linear, short, having few things to do and having a kiddie story
>Instead of trying new RPGs, he just wastes time shitposting in this board about how the games are bad
Just accept that Pokemon is a "baby's first RPG" and you will finally enjoy it for what it is, even Masuda already made it clear that this is what the series is aiming for.
Don't get your hopes up, just play better designed shit.
>>
>>32898616
I feel complaints about gen 6 regressing after constant improvement are founded.

With that said, expecting it to be an actual challenge or great story in the grand scale instead of just relative, or being surprised that a kid's game is designed in a way to make sure kids don't get lost, is foolish.
>>
>>32898616
Why should Pokemon be able to get away with being baby's first rpg? Mario, another babby game, constantly evolves and 100%ing the game and doing special stages actually requires a brain. Pokemon pumps out the same shit, but more casual catering every year and that's ok for some reason?
The worst part is that everyone knows that Pokemon can be good. Everyone knows how cohesive and connected sinnoh was, how unova's stories actually made you feel something, how emerald's gym leader had strategies most of them, and all the other things that made previous games worth playing

I hate to sperg out like this, but Pokemon doesn't get a pass just for being "baby's first rpg"
>>
File: 1483130634888.jpg (39KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1483130634888.jpg
39KB, 350x350px
Problem is, if you're looking for another Monster-catching RPG, you're shit out of luck unless you know nipponese for Dragon Quest Monsters, or happen to like SMT.
Because without DQM or SMT, your only options are Indieshit and Yokai Watch.
>>
>>32898786
Digimon Vita games are a superior option.
>>
File: 1497737868566.gif (20KB, 150x160px) Image search: [Google]
1497737868566.gif
20KB, 150x160px
>>32898799
>vita
>>
File: b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg (194KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg
194KB, 1200x675px
>>32898786
You're forgetting one franchise.
>>
>>32898786
>you're shit out of luck unless you know nipponese for Dragon Quest Monsters
Some DQM were officially translated, like Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 1 and 2 for DS and a few others.

A shame that the third game for 3DS is probably never ever at this point.
>>
>>32900370
Bigger shame is that 3Pro is the last part of the Joker series.
>>
>>32898816
The Vita is great, it's a really good system once you get passed the awkward UI (which they updated several years ago to be a little better.)

I'm a fan of Danganronpa, Freedom Wars, Shantae, Tearaway, several of the ports on the system, etc. There are some genuinely good games on it, and there just aren't enough because of its price at the time (which was understandable, but now if you pick a used one up and some used games off the shelf it's definitely worth it.)

I just wish they hadn't made it so gimmicky. Like, two cameras? really? I don't know why the 3ds had them either.
>>
I can't argue, anon.

Also props for Space Brothers. At least I know there are some people with taste on this board.
>>
>>32898783
>special stage
>yfw tubular
why does tubular exist
>>
>>32900370
I'd kill for Joker 3, why does this series gotta be so rough on the localisations?
>>
File: 888326_1322269139339_full.jpg (192KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
888326_1322269139339_full.jpg
192KB, 720x480px
>>32898616
>I-its for kids

That's a shit reason because the later games are clearly stripped of things compared to older games. And the discrepancy of adults/teens/kids buying the games is not as lopsided as believed. Pokemon's audience is growing, and as time goes on, more and more teens/adults will stay with it. Fucking kids play on their phones now, not dedicate their time to following a game franchise anymore.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.