[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you improve Alola itself in USUM? First they gotta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 15

File: 5vCASoB.png (142KB, 368x212px) Image search: [Google]
5vCASoB.png
142KB, 368x212px
How would you improve Alola itself in USUM?

First they gotta expand on the areas we know are there but blocked off or incomplete like the Golf Course, Jurassic Park, The Hotels, Empty Lots, etc. but thats obvious

I would add in atleast one new town/city per Island, we got a pretty small amount, and it doesnt help that certain towns like Konikoni and Malie are pretty similar to each other

Maybe add in an Alto Mare like city along one of the coasts, or a Vegas Like Resort town that would work as a Battle Frontier

Also, we definitely need more ocean. For a place based on Hawaii, I feel like they really scaled back on how much it could be, We could get surfing minigames, have races trainers on Ride Sharpedo or battle non water type trainers who are out there parasailing

They just need to include a huge variety of wild pokemon and tons of hidden outlets so it doesnt just become 7.8/10toomuchwater
>>
Add more colour too it. Let us explore the sea more

Fix the areas that need fixing
>>
>>32894507
For color atleast, I think we're on the right track
The grass and the dirt road look so much better now thats it not so desaturated

And that's not even mentioning the flowers and extra foliage
>>
File: 4_EOUZMnx.jpg (26KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
4_EOUZMnx.jpg
26KB, 640x384px
>>32894629
Compared to this
>>
>>32894507
This 100%. Remove the fucking boat cutscene and let us actually surf between the islands.
>>
>>32894407
The main problem is they can't really add more to the islands without explaining where the extra land came from so you're limited to things like
>golf course/pool/power plant actually there
>extra caves
>volcano erupted and added some cooled lavaflows
>Battle Resort cruise ship

I honestly wouldn't mind if they did add a 5th island and just retcon it as "it's far away and not part of alola" like how they added the sevi islands.
>>
File: 6.jpg (21KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
21KB, 400x240px
One thing I really hope they fix is the camera angles
Alola's one of the best looking regions with gorgeous scenery but 60% of the time, we're just stuck looking at the ground, like pic related

The top down perspective could really use some loosening up so we can actually see around and in front of us like >>32894635 >>32894629

There are tons of things like the huge waterfall on Melemele island that we cant even see because of the default camera focused on us instead of the world
>>
>>32894407
If I was in charge of USUM, I would change a metric fuckton of shit.
>expand all the islands to at least twice the size they are now, maybe thrice
>add more cities to islands, especially Melemele
>expand cities a bit to make them feel like cities, should be at least castelia size
>add cut areas back, and expand upon them
>add non-linearity to routes, and more branched paths and secret places to explore
>optional water routes between all the islands, with some small islands like Sevii between
>make sure there's a great variety of water pokemon in the water routes
>new settlement on Poni Island
>actual road system that isn't just a road randomly put in the middle of nowhere (looking at you route 8)
>more areas like Shoal Cave
>post-game small islands like Sevii, and a post-game island that forms from a volcano to fight Heatran
>post-game flight to PWT, let players also explore Driftveil but nowhere else in Unova
>>
>>32894643
They actually already have a way around this,
Hawaii has hundreds of smaller islands that arent counted in the official 8 because they're privately owned

Sun/Moon already used one of them as the basis for Exeggutor Island

They could add in as many more as they want and just go that route
>>
File: image.png (400KB, 773x461px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
400KB, 773x461px
Fix this bullshit or fuck off
>>
>>32894407
make every building acessible like in the older games.
>>
>>32894629
This looks much better
>>
>>32894714
this
>>
I hope they expand Hau'oli City a lot
The tourist bureau is the tallest building in the region and it definitely needs more than just one floor
And there at at least 5 buildings that are blocked off, and they'd be pretty convenient spots for some move tutors or somethings
>>
File: SMArt_Map_Hano_Grand_Resort.png (921KB, 768x668px) Image search: [Google]
SMArt_Map_Hano_Grand_Resort.png
921KB, 768x668px
>>32894840
Also, before release, one of the places I was most excited to check out was Hano Resort, so I was pretty sad it ended up being nothing, especially since the inside looked great

I think now, they could make it like Black Skyscraper or White Treehollow in BW2, where it could be this dungeon where you can fight trainers and a special boss

The Golf Course could be a Trial Site with Kahili as the Captain , I think it was originally meant to be before being cut out, or it could be like a Safari Zone

The other hotel, Tide Song, could be Alola's version of the Battle Chateu from X and Y, I always liked that places aesthetic
>>
>>32894407
To go along with more ocean, there should be dive spots. Diving was probably the most memorable part of RSE and ORAS, more so in the latter. Also, if GF is so dead-set on us using only Charizard to fly around, then they could easily make a soaring mode for it.
>>
>>32894883
This. Add some funcionility to this building
Maybe more trainers
>>
Yeah, diving is essential
They could easily add in a Ride Tentacruel or Ride Lanturn and let us explore some undersea areas,
Maybe even some hidden coves

I also would not debate them throwing in another Marine Tube, maybe a longer one that connects two of the islands and functions as it's own route with trainers.
Maybe when you walk around, you see rare items float by, so after you leave the tube, you dive down and get them
>>
>>32894883
The motels should have daily re spawning trainers, make them move around like the Pokemon center trainers from Pt.
>>
File: Unova.png (80KB, 257x337px) Image search: [Google]
Unova.png
80KB, 257x337px
>>32894407
What ever they do it'll never be as good as how they fixed Unova.
Alola is simply an irredeemable mess
Ula' Ula is a big linear gallivant from Malie City to Po Town, can't wait to slog through that again.
>>
>>32894407
Add a new island.

I don't actually have a problem with whats there in terms of the actual region itself, they just don't have much room to work with in the post-game, so just slapping a new island down would help with that.
>>
File: 1484293304071.gif (820KB, 275x207px) Image search: [Google]
1484293304071.gif
820KB, 275x207px
Make it possible to find most of Alola's Interesting Pokemon without grinding 1% or 5% Encounter Rates or SOS.
Add to wild Pokemon variety instead of running into the same few Pokemon (Zubat, Alolan Diglett, Pikipek and Wingull lines are all serious offenders) from start to finish.
Obviously add the cut areas.
Bring back Fishing as it was since every generation before 7, instead of limiting us to shitty fishing spots that still have high odds of being Magikarp, and instead make those spots places with better odds on Non-Magikarp Pokemon.
Make the game less of a straight hallway and add some optional path deviation with goodies so you don't get bored following the story with nothing else to do until postgame.
Add a fucking Skip Button to the actual cutscenes and overworld interruptions so you don't have to slog through every last inch of dialogue from being exposition dumped every five seconds.
Give Team Skull a chance to shine without being being Aether's pawns and as a result overshadowed by Lillie's Mommy Issues.
Make the protagonist have some actual emotion outside of the actual cutscenes so they aren't just standing there with a literal unbreakable :^) face.
Give us something to do in postgame other than Legendary Hunts, Battle Tree, Online and E4/Challenger Grinding.
>>
File: tumblr_ol7atif8fP1qzhhgdo2_1280.jpg (432KB, 1200x574px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol7atif8fP1qzhhgdo2_1280.jpg
432KB, 1200x574px
>>32894968
>>32895046
>"Hello MC, your timing in Alola couldn't have been more perfect! The Mantyke we imported from Sinnoh have just evolved. Let me register Mantine to your Ride Pager so you can experience the full extent of their training! Alola's Corsola reefs almost feel like a whole other region."
>>
They could realease the same game as before but with the emerald Battle Frontier, I would gladly pay again
>>
File: 1355150785444.jpg (60KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
1355150785444.jpg
60KB, 500x491px
I just hope we'll be able to fight Lusamine in the freakish form she get, i was disappointed she wasn't the sixth member of her team herself
>>
>>32896186
They'll never do that without bumping up the rating, Pokemon fighting humans, Freakish UB Hybrids or not in actual 3D Detail compared to the simple, sprite-based overworld where Lance's Dragonite Hyper Beamed a dude, it would be some serious shit.
>>
>>32896186
I think everyone wants that- Wait a minute
>be GF
>release game
>deliberately unfinished
>hear fans complain about certain aspects
>work only on those and leave everything else as is
>release third game
>"wow GF sure knows how to make third games"
Is this why Emerald, Platinum, and BW2 are so popular?
>>
>>32896225
Pretty much.

And unless a Z version was planned, XY showed us the games are half finished even if they don't actually plan to release a third version, so we kinda just have to take it if we actually want fun games. Only way to stand against it is to not buy introduction games and wait for third versions, but people aren't patient enough for that.
>>
>>32896211
I think we'll just get something like a Mega/Ultra/Z Nihilego that looks the same as that form, just spits Lusamine out
>>
How about that fucking with 1 tree on it that we didn't get to visit
>>
File: 13531196.png (279KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
13531196.png
279KB, 500x500px
>Bianco Hills - Route 2
>Delfino Plaza - Hau'oli City
>Sirena Beach - Hano Beach
>Noki Bay - Brooklet Hill
>Corona Mountain - Mt. Lanakila
>Pianta Village - Battle Tree

We need a Ricco Harbor, Gelato Beach, and Pinna Park (Could be a Battle Frontier)
>>
>>32897056
That's just pokepelago
>>
>>32894638
P L E A S E
>>
>>32895944
>short sinnoh postgame on the battle zone so they can A) allude to gen 8 remakes and B) give us battle frontier
>>
>>32894407
Add some form of a minigame to distract yourself with.
Also Island Four needs to be finished. It's cleary onyl half finished since before the postgame, it consists only of a port, a route, and an endgame dungeon
Let you replay Trials with added gimmicks, puzzles and increased difficulty.
Implement an Inverse Facility, or at least a temporary Inverse Wifi mode for one week every month.
decrease the retarded amount of 1-5% encounter rates
>>
>>32894643
Why do they have to explain it? They've already stated that this is an alternate version of the story, so what's stopping them from adding and island or two?

In this version of Alola, these islands have always been here.
>>
>>32897259
If they have to, they can just say some undersea volcanoes erupted and hardened into new islands

Maybe Groudon or Entei did it
>>
>>32897258
Inverse Battles would be great for a Battle Frontier facility
Maybe it can replace the nature gimmick from the Battle Palace or work as part of the three round gimmick in the Battle Arena
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>32897258
In terms of minigames, they already made the perfect one AND made a mon specifically based on the concept

All they gotta do is remake it
I just wanna Surf Rad! in Alola
>>
>>32894407
They wont be able to do much

Out of 4GB cartridge 3.2GB was used by SM. There's only 800MB left to work with. Even if they replace cutscenes with new ones they wont make less of them. BW2 was as story heavy as BW so we can expect USUM to be as cutscene heavy as SM if not more because it is an upgrade

SM's problem wont be solved that easily either. We had very few towns with najority of the buildings closed. Even if they wanted to open just those buildings it would require quite a bit of work. Caves are super small, again they wont do much with that. New Islands are pretty much impossible with this cartridge unless we're talking about super small islands like ORAS' Battle Resort or mirage spots.

>"They can change the map because its alternate story"
In just a year and with this much space they could redecorate islands at best
>>
use UB attacks as an excuse to carve out more secret or branching areas and the like in existing locations, add more new locations altogether like more islands
>>
>>32897827
>more islands
Love this meme
>>
>>32897771
3DS supports up to 8GB game cards, they can choose to bust those out, like how BW2 busted out the DS peak size of 512MB even though the game was actually only a couple MB over the limit for the 256MB card BW1 used. I want to say Platinum used a larger card than DP as well, but I'm not certain.
>>
>>32897832
Turns out in the ancient past, before History, Alola had more islands. In the SM universe, they sunk, but not in the Ultraverse!
>>
>>32897887
Using 8BG cartridges at this point would only make sense if they had double region game.

For the past three games they've shown they really dont care about long games with much content. They will make a game within the 4gb limit and the "extra" content will be most likely more old legends, few new alola forms and maybe few more characters at the battle tree

Just a year between SM and USUM makes it pretty clear they didnt work that much on it
>>
>>32897923
Sure mate, get ready for crashing your dreams
>>
>>32897771
A vast majority of that filesize is taken up by models and textures
>>
>>32897939
nothing wrong with dreams, just with baseless expectations, and I'm pretty sure those who say "more islands" aren't saying "this is definitely what is going to happen", just "this would be nice" or "this is what should be done regardless of what actually happens"
>>
>>32897953
Not that much actually. XY was 1.7GB, ORAS was 1.8 BG despite both having bigger regions

SM was 3.2GB. This just shows you how much space better graphics and cutscenes need. USUM wont be much bigger, not only because of the cartdridge but also the time: its been just few months since SM
>>
>>32897118
Wouldn't Corona Mountain fit more with Wela Volcano?
>>
>>32897933
As said they didn't mind bumping up 512MB on DS for what I recall being not even 14MB of data, if they need to they can use an 8GB card. It's entirely just a matter of how much they want to change or add, which quite likely could be not much. And even by the restriction of "there's absolutely no way they'll go to 8GB", 800MB is still a lot to work with. But once again, they may not choose to do much with the space they have.
>>
>>32897933
Release times don't matter,
And regardless, one year is more than enough to pump out some quality games,
Platinum, HGSS, and BW were all one year from each other
Emerald was only 6 months after FRLG

BW2 was only a year and a half after BW, and its confirmed they didn't even start developing it until after BW was done

One year is more than enough for USUM to be jam packed, especially since they didn't have to remake a game from scratch in that much time
>>
>>32897975
But BW2 was released almost two years after BW, not just a year. Also 800MB would be much for gen 6 but for gen 7 and its graphics it really isnt much, specially since they're almost guaranteed to add new alola forms and just forms for Necrozma (so new models are needed), new human models for maybe new characters or few more old ones for Battle Tree and also stuff like new z-moves, few more buildings (maybe) etc
>>
File size isn't really indicative of what the games will be like
A majority of that size is taken up by models, textures and music

BW2 is only slightly larger than BW1

Something like a Battle Frontier which is mostly RNG is pennies
>>
>>32897986
Do you seriously compare development time of the easy GBA and DS games to a 3DS game when everything needs models? Are you really that dumb?

They had 2 years to make SM and it feels empty, unfinised and small.

>One year is more than enough for USUM to be jam packed
Oh dear, i hope you're ready for all those jampacked z-moves and twealed graphics
>>
>>32897997
BW2 was DOUBLE THE SIZE of BW, stop spewing bullshit
>>
>>32897997
>Something like a Battle Frontier which is mostly RNG is pennies
Yeah... i loved that Frontier in ORAS
>>
>>32898006
If you cut out all the empty space of both roms, they really aren't that far off. BW2 barely required the 512MB cart.
>>
>>32898003
Good sprites take time and effort to make too, anon.
>>
>>32898014
They didnt cut the Battle Frontier from ORAS because of file size
>>
>>32898003
Dev time is relative to what system was out at the time
They used the exact same amount of time to make the GBA and DS games as they used to make the 3ds ones

They didnt just magically know how to develop for the GBA and DS when they came out

SM took the same amount of time as any new gen to develop because they were making a whole new region with new pokemon and with a new engine
BW was the exact same, only difference is they scheduled HGSS one year earlier instead of 2 like with ORAS
>>
I really hope they improve totem pokemon. Most of them were total pushovers that got one shot by a z move, they should really be more powerful, and make them be able to get caught.
>>
>>32898054
Using Z-Moves ruins Alola. Please stop giving us the fucking Z-Move that one shots the next totem. It's fucking embarrassing Nintendo.
>>
>>32898059
They should really make Z-moves harder to get, it makes the game too easy and one of the reasons I had no problems with battles that are supposed to be hard.
>>
>>32898054
They should've had monstrous amounts of HP so that the fight can actually take a while. Even of you don't use Z-Moves, they go down too fast.
>>
To clear up some misconceptions about filesize, here's what I know from Sun and Moon:
>Music data is 416 MB
>Title video data is 189 MB
>Pokemon model/texture data is 1.2 GB
>>
>>32894407
>How would you improve Alola
delete it and replace it with another region
>>
>>32898051
It isnt exaclty the same.

Why do you think Alola has this crazy amount of Pokemon centers on random routes which never was a thing in th past? Because doing cities and towns with these graphics was too much for GF. Why most building in the existing cities and towns are closed off? Because it was too much for GF why there's so many unaccesible areas? Because it was to much for GF

In two years of time between ORAS and SM GF did one of the smallest and most unfinished region out there, full of small caves, closed buildings and with the smallest number of towns ever.

Now just after a year people are expecting additional islands and shitload of content. Are you dumb? You'll be lucky if GF will open the unaccesible areas and buildings and your extra content will be graphical tweaks, some new forms and z-moves
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.