[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Hogwarts house are you and does it match your favorite types?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: houses.png (538KB, 1005x969px) Image search: [Google]
houses.png
538KB, 1005x969px
What Hogwarts house are you and does it match your favorite types?
>>
File: fighting type conkeldurr.jpg (312KB, 1183x638px) Image search: [Google]
fighting type conkeldurr.jpg
312KB, 1183x638px
>>32892843
Pottermore sorted me under Gryffindor

Pokemon's "what's your type?" quiz ALWAYS put me as Fighting Type
>>
>>32892843
Why Rock for Ravenclaw?
>>
>>32892843
OP here, I'm a Slytherin myself, which... kind of matches.

I chose the types to assign each house based on: their primary element (top line) and their characteristics/affinities.
>>
>>32892843
I'm usually Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. Ground, grass, and bug are all solid. I can't tell if the pink one is fairy or psychic however.
>>
>>32892843
>Slytherin
>not dragon
>>
>>32892859
To be completely honest it was what was left, but you can probably say Ravenclaw's are associated with "historical" knowledge, ancient buildings (one of the Pottermore sorting questions associates a cobbled street with ancient buildings to Ravenclaw). It could fit Hufflepuff and maybe Griffindor, but I'm not willing to take away any of the types they currently have.
>>
>Gryffindor values courage, bravery, nerve, and chivalry. Gryffindor's mascot is the lion, and its colours are scarlet and gold. According to Rowling, Gryffindor corresponds roughly to the element of fire.

>Hufflepuff values hard work, patience, justice, and loyalty. The house mascot is the badger, and canary yellow and black are its colours. According to Rowling, Hufflepuff corresponds roughly to the element of earth.

>Ravenclaw values intelligence, creativity, learning, and wit. The house mascot is an eagle and the house colours are blue and bronze (blue and grey in the films). According to Rowling, Ravenclaw corresponds roughly to the element of air.

>Slytherin house values ambition, cunning, leadership, and resourcefulness; the Sorting Hat said in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone that Slytherins will do anything to get their way. The house mascot of Slytherin is the serpent, and the house colours are green and silver. According to Rowling, Slytherin corresponds roughly to the element of water.
>>
>>32892872
Dark pink is Psychic, light pink is Fairy.

>>32892880
Eh, it could fit, but I tried to have an even balance and Slytherin already had to have Water and Ice come as a two-in-one package. I can't justify removing Dark and Poison for Dragon either. Maybe remove Ghost for it, then give Ghost to Ravenclaw and Rock to Gryffindor? Idk man, make your own chart I guess
>>
>>32892843
I'm not allowed to make fun of you, because I've done this exact same thing.

I even merged Water and Ice into one element, like you did. Because the distinction between them just isn't important in the HP universe. Why's Gryffindor Dragon though? Dragon should 100% be Slytherin, despite the fact that they breathe fire.

In old western European myths, (Hogwarts being in Scotland,) dragons and serpents are often associated with each other. Like sea serpents, for example. That's why "Draco" has that as a first name; because he's a Slytherin, and dragon = snake. They even call snakes "dragons" in the bible at some point, and dragons pretty much just represent a strong reptilian foe. In fairytales it's always a dragon eating sheep or whatever that the brave knight in armor has to go and slay. That kinda thing.

I'm glad you put Electric in Ravenclaw, instead of Gryffindor, also like me. Lighting comes from the sky, and electricity is just associated with brilliant minds and inventors. Think Nikola Tesla. Plus outside of Pokémon, lighting is usually blue, not yellow.

>>32892881
Oh, I see. I was going to ask. Well, like water and ice, earth and rock really shouldn't even be separated outside of Pokémon -- they're the same thing.

With all that in mind, I would personally align the types this way, though it's pretty close to yours. I put Fairy in Gryffindor because it does represent light, and purity, and goodness, which are important aspects of Gryffindor. It's Gryffindor's softer side.
I could explain more but I don't want to ramble unnecessarily.
>>
>Slytherin

Yeah, I like Water, ghost, dark and poison. About the only one I'm not super fond of is ice but I can understand why it goes under Slytherin
>>
>>32892843
>Slytherin
>Not Dragon
Switch Water/Ice to Ravenclaw
Switch Rock to Gryffindor
Switch Dragon to Slytherin
>>
>>32892984
Bub, light purity and goodness are only associated with the fuckin' protagonists. Because they're fucking protagonists. It has absolutely nothing to do with Gryffindor and those attributes have never been attributed to them by anyone (except you apparently?)
>>
>>32892843
The Hufflepuff matches mine perfectly!
>>
>>32893106
Fire = Light. Light = goodness and purity. It has ALWAYS been a factor for Gryffindor, it just doesn't say it on the tin. The people in Gryffindor choose to uphold justice and fight evil. They're valiant, and good people. That's light.

I know it's subtle, but it's always been there.
>>
>Hufflepuff
>Normal, Ground, Poison
Close enough, yeah
>>
File: houses.png (539KB, 1005x969px) Image search: [Google]
houses.png
539KB, 1005x969px
>>32892984

I agree with the changes to Slytherin and Ravenclaw, but

>I put Fairy in Gryffindor because it does represent light, and purity, and goodness,

Those are HufflePuff traits, not Gryffindor. Fairy types are currently associated with cuteness, sweetness, food, nature/plants. I really think they should be in Hufflepuff.
>>
>>32892843
>Slytherin
>Favorite types are Steel, Water, and Poison
2/3 ain't bad.
>>
>>32893083
Slytherin is canonically the "water" house.
>>
>Slytherin who hates dragon types

y'all make me sad, OP was fine
>>
>>32893205
>>32893205
I'm a Slytherin but my favorite type is Fairy... I like Water/Ice/Poison a lot, though.

At least all my disliked types are in Gryffindor,
>>
Harry Potter is low quality baby shit

And that's just compared to Pokemon
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.