[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will gen 8 make Fairies and Steels less overpowered? Will the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Stats 06.28.png (548KB, 859x1912px) Image search: [Google]
Stats 06.28.png
548KB, 859x1912px
Will gen 8 make Fairies and Steels less overpowered? Will the Tapus always be on top for the generations to come?
>>
>>32892212

Hopefully, No and by the way.
They are call deities.
>>
Steel already got nerfed. Neutrality to Ghost and Dark hurt the typing a LOT.

Fairy however is the new "it makes everything better" type. I mean, look at Ribombee. It would likely not be as ridiculous as it is if it was just another Bug/Flying.
>>
>>32892251
To be fair, Bug/Flying is a shit typing. Clefable's type change is more indicative of how great Fairy typing can be.
>>
>>32892212
>Garchomp
TUMBLING
>>
>>32892251
>Neutrality to Ghost and Dark hurt the typing a LOT
it hurt Steel types with secondaries that are weak to those, not Steel types themselves. This is a trade off for another resist and SE in the form of Fairy, which overall still makes Steel extremely advantageous
>>
Fairy and Steel aren't that much better than Water Electric and Ghost, if they're gonna change type matchups they should do something about bug, fucking everything resists it.
>>
File: 730Primarina_Dream.png (55KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
730Primarina_Dream.png
55KB, 300x300px
>>32892212
Why is Primarina there? Is it actually good?
>>
>>32892743
Water/Fairy makes almost anything half decent, they're both really solid types on both offense and defense.
>>
>>32892449
Still killed bronzong
>>
>>32892743
Good movepool both in offensive and supportive moves like Perish Song and Encore and one of the most powerful Z-moves in the game make it a threat for almost every team. It's really hard to switch into it.
>>
>>32892212
Steels only a problem because Fairys a problem. Fairy being so god damn retarded makes Steel simultaneously a precious defensive and offensive type. If it was just good at defense (which it was prior), itd be no problem, but it cant have both.

Nerf fairies in a way that makes them less omnipresent, and then bam. Problem solved.

>Will the Tapus always be on top for generations to come

I hope not. Those ugly fucks look like litter over any list of strong pokemon. Although none are broken of themselves, having 4 strong, meta-defning, dual typed, terrain building Fairies slapped in the meta all at once has turned it into a fuck fest. I cant believe they've added something that makes me miss the genies.
>>
>>32892821
Make fairies weak to dark
fixed
>>
>>32892849
This would genuinely fix the issue.

>Fairies now have a blanket weakness, so they cant constantly cheese with dual types to avoid that weakness

>Weak to Knock Off, which is common

>There are good Dark types, but not so many that it totally dominates. Pokemon like Weavile, Hydreigon, Bisharp, M-Gyara, TTar which are all already solid, all just become more consistent

>The rise in consistency of Dark and calming down of Fairy allows Fighting to stop being such shit, so pokemon like Conkeldurr, which would otherwise be great and fun to use, can stop getting their shit rocked
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.