[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying fake games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1806.png (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1806.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
As someone who's never been able to get their hands on Pokémon emerald for the past 3 years for anywhere under $50, I think I'm resorting to buying a fake game. Has anyone else here done this, I feel as if there could be some sort of problem with the game. I just want to experience of playing Pokémon emerald, and I want the audio and controls working properly.
>>
Just emulate it
>>
>>32888512
That's real though, he also sells all real versions of GBA games for same price
>>
>>32888519
This, seriously anon. It's not hard to find a rom and an emulator. Plus it's free so you don't waste any money if you end up disliking the game.
>>
>emerald
>vintage item
wat
>>
>>32888512
At that price it's very likely to be fake.
Just emulate it or play it on 3ds VC.
>>
>>32888574
Well I know it's fake, but my question is whether fake games work just like the original. I have literally no knowledge of this subject
>>
File: 1484287598389.jpg (30KB, 357x384px) Image search: [Google]
1484287598389.jpg
30KB, 357x384px
>>32888605
itll work just like the regular but itll prob say when you boot it up this cartridge is allowed to be played
>>
>>32888605
The save stops working when the internal battery runs dry. Don't buy it.
>>
>>32888605
The difference between fake cartridges vs legitimate cartridges is this:

The genuine carts contain a battery to keep track of time in the game which in turn helps trigger time based events. However the actual save file is saved via flash storage. This is why, on a genuine cart, you can continue to play your game without loss of progress even when the internal battery has run dry, however time based events won't occur (you can fix this by replacing the battery however)

On a fake cartridge, the save file is also relying on the battery, so once the internal battery runs dry, you lose your save file too.
>>
>>32888645
Alright thanks
>>
>>32888605
Maybe. Maybe not. No way of knowing without buying it.
Do you really NEED to own a physical copy? Because there's no particular reason to buy physical GBA games nowadays apart from collecting, and I don't know why you'd buy a fake game for that.
>>
>>32888512
I got a cheap copy of emerald, and it auto-wiped my save after I beat the elite 4.

pretty shit.
>>
>>32888657
This makes a lot of sense now, glad someone cleared it up to me. Last question though. Say you are to buy one of these games, how long will the internal battery last? Or is it based on a certain amount of saves/ect
>>
>>32888669
You're right here. I just always liked the experience of playing the game in a handheld device I guess.
>>
>>32888691
Play it on your 3ds then.
You could also get a GBA flashcart but those are kinda expensive ($100 for one with a working clock)
>>
>>32888686
You could probably reliably play the game from start to finish before the battery runs dry. Also if you're buying one used keep in mind that its probably been played before, however you can always replace the battery with a brand new one before starting your save. Just know that at some point, it will run dry and you will lose everything on that cart.

Basically, a fake cart is fine if you're just going in for the story. But if you're feeling sentimental about it, or are planning on collecting/transferring or going for post game then just don't bother
>>
>>32888605
my brother bought a fake fire red and the only problems i have with the cart is that migration to ds does not work and pkhex cant open it when the save file is dumped, but I can still trade with legit copies of other gen 3 games
>>
>>32888720
on the plus side, it doesn't have to be just pokemon you play on it.

fan-translated games actually work on a flash cart, which was a huge plus for me on top of playing on actual hardware (can't stand playing it on a PC for some reason)
>>
>>32888512
VisualBoy Advance is an amazing emulator, OP.
>>
>>32888645
>>32888662
No that's only for original gameboy games. If the battery runs dry on GBA time based events won't work (ex. berries)
>>
>>32888532
>That's real though
No it isn't. every single logo in that image is off, the ESRB is off, the Nintendo logo is off, even the fucking Nintendo seal is off. OP just get a flash cart, unless you REALLY want to own a physical copy of Emerald.
>>
>>32889054
Someone explained this earlier. Chink counterfeits use the battery to store save data.
>>
>>32888657

Don't fake gen 3 carts also have issues connecting to other games/gen 4.
>>
Get a flash cart. I got an EZ Flash IV and it works great.
>>
I have emerald, but i lost it 2-3 years ago. I remember packing it in a box.
>>
>>32888512
The "E" looks weird,maybe you can replace the battery before playing it?
>>
>>32888512

When I had a counterfeit version of Fire Red as soon as I beat the elite 4 the save file became corrupted with a chinky warning about it the next time I loaded up the save.
>>
>>32888519
you can't emulate cloning
>>
>>32888512
I have a fake emerald that works fine other than not being able to transfer to gen 4, maybe I was just lucky.
>>
>>32888574
>3ds VC

Hold the fuck up. Unless something major happeneded recently, I'm pretty sure no gba games are on the 3ds VC outside of the ambassador stuff.
>>
>>32890594
>not hacking your 3ds
>>
>>32888512
Save your lunch money and buy it CiB

Thank me later
>>
>>32890141
Use cheats
>>
>>32888605
You won't be allowed to transfer Pokemon into DPPt/HGSS
>>
>>32888512
They work whatever, my fake sapphire just dropped the savefile once in a while so you had to do everything from the start, time based events are pretty much guaranteed to not work either. Just emulate it, gba can be emulated by just like fucking everything, literally no reason to buy fake crap ever. Or buy a flashcard or something instead if those are still sold.
>>
>>32888512
You can buy legit copies for 30 dollars. I bought an authentic emerald version for like 32 bucks 2 months ago.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.