[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we get Gamefreak to make Ice not suck? >inb4 buff lists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_6254.png (10KB, 501x195px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6254.png
10KB, 501x195px
How do we get Gamefreak to make Ice not suck?
>inb4 buff lists
No, I mean, actually get them to pay attention to the fact we think Ice sucks and almost all the Ice Types they've made suck horribly.
>>
>>32888455
We don't.
Not every type has to be equally viable or good, faggot.
>>
>>32888455
Why don't you contact them?
>>
File: Challenged.png (707KB, 715x750px) Image search: [Google]
Challenged.png
707KB, 715x750px
>>32888462
All types SHOULD be decent at the very least
what kind of fucktard logic are you running on
>>
File: 1475238698110.jpg (280KB, 798x948px) Image search: [Google]
1475238698110.jpg
280KB, 798x948px
>>32888462
that's not fair!
>>
>>32888455
Turn this board into nothing but complaining about Ice type Pokemon.

That will surely get their attention.
>>
>>32888482
Do they even know /vp/ exists?
>>
>>32888455
They made an entirely new type just so they can do what Ice did but better. GF hates ice and they will make it suck forever.
>>
>>32888503
Fairy isn't super effective against the most Pokemon in the dex.
>>
>>32888503
When I first saw that Pokemon Smash sketch, I was sure that Ice would either be strong against Fairy or resist it.
>>
>>32888503
Never understood why they didn't make Ice resist Fairy instead of Fire. It actually make senses considering how Fairies Tales often feature an Eternal Winter event which screws over everyones shit.
>>
>>32888508
They could've given Dragon immunity to Ice and the type would've been okay instead of absolute trash. Ice is pretty much just a move type, there's no reason to have an ice type pokemon on your team.
>>
>>32888515
Do you really want to buff fairies even more?
>>
Icefags need to get in line. Psychic is the worst type in the game and needs to be fixed first.
>>
>>32888531
At least Psychic has a good variety of pokemons. A lot of them are used competitively. Name me some Ice types that are used competitively
>>
File: IMG_6255.jpg (106KB, 1332x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6255.jpg
106KB, 1332x340px
>>32888526
No you moron, he saying move the Fairy resistance from Fire over to Ice so Ice can resist something other than itself
>>
>>32888575
Weavile, White/Black Kyurem, A-Ninetails.

4 out of the 26 fully evolved Pokémon with the type
>>
>>32888613
Meanwhile Mega Mewtwos, Mew, Espeon, Mega Alakazam, Wobuffet, Deoxys, Cresselia, Gardevoir, Gallade, Solgaleo, Lunala, Starmie, Metagross, Lati@s, Jirachi, Bronzong, Malamar

Ice is worst type.
>>
>>32888455
Remove the Ice weakness that Grass has.
>>
>>32888515
Make Ice immune to it instead.
>>
>>32888670
Wait, how would that buff Ice?
>>
>>32888584
Oh yes, making an useless typing resist fairy intead of a common one is sure not gonna buff it.
Fucking moron.
>>
File: 1481056241978.jpg (47KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1481056241978.jpg
47KB, 540x405px
To make Ice a good type, first you'd need to rework the entirety of the game's mechanics or heavily nerf all Speedy Glass Cannons with SE Moves against Ice so all those Slow Defensive Ice Types can stand a chance.
>>
>>32888647
Being Psychic type is a detriment to literally all of them. They're carried by either exceptional stats, abilities or both.

Any of them would be better of being another type, and the dual types would be better off losing Psychic and becoming single type. No one wants to be a Psychic type, and no non-Psychic types want to carry Psychic attacks. At least lots of Pokémon want to use Ice Beam even if not a lot of Ice Pokémon are used.
>>
>>32888455
Make them realize that offensive ice types are good and defensive ice types are bad.
>>
>>32888455
Tweet at them
>>
>>32888455
Make it resist something beyond itself like Ground or Flying who really need something else to resist them.
>>
>>32888704
>Being Psychic type is a detriment to literally all of them
Ice is in the same situation. At least Psychic had its time in the limelight, Ice has always been shit
>>
>>32888471
Gamefreak's logic
>>
>>32888455
Make more hyper offensive ones and for the slow ones make some burn out variant that turns ice into water
>>
http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15227

If they're anything like the company I work for they will purport to not take suggestions but will pass off such things on a case by case basis to someone higher up.

Just don't spam them with nonsense - provide reasonable reasons for a change at all and reasonable changes that can be made based off of those.

Google "constructive criticism" if you need more specific guidelines.
>>
>>32889263
We should do this on a mass scale.

Operation Ice Dream
Where we routinely a pester GF about the problems with Ice
>>
>>32889277
>implying Gamefreak gives a fuck
>>
>>32889298
They might take notice.

Pester the Twitter, pester customer support, I just want all the Ice Types fixed
>>
You have to remove Masuda so they can finally nerf Water. The only way Ice will ever get a buff will come at a significant nerf to water ether by making it so most water types lose the ability to use ice moves or by making Ice tank water moves and do super effective to them.
>>
>>32888455
>How do we get Gamefreak to make Ice not suck?
>stop giving ice beam to water types
>>
>>32889329
How about

>Water is now weak to Poison
>Ice now resists Flying, Grass, Ground and itself and is immune to Water
>boost Freeze-dry to 90BP and make all Ice types learn by level up
>Ice Beam nerfed to 75 BP, making it literally just Special Ice Punch
>Hail lowers accuracy of Fire, Fighting, Steel and Rock moves
>Freeze is now Special Attack Burn instead of shitty Sleep and more Ice moves get 30% Freeze chances and a Freeze status move ala Will o Wisp
>Grass now immune to Fairy, gains 1/16 HP automatically and sun/rain and 1/8 in intense sun/heavy rain, and Leaf Guard is now a constant status immunity outside of sun while becoming Solid Rock/Filter in the sun
>Rock immune to Water and all Rock Pokémon that have dex entries talking about how they don't like water get the ability "Hydrophobia" where they lose all of their weaknesses in exchange for a 4x Water weakness
>Bug now either neutral or SE to Fairy and no longer resisted by Fire or Fighting
>>
>>32889298
Dude, they made the Fairy type specifcally because of normals bitching about Dragon types.

If enough people started bitching for Ice types it could happen
>>
>>32889337
>resists grass
>lets buff a shit type by nerfing another shit type

Every fucking time
>>
>>32889329
Buffing Ice-type moves is counterproductive. If you don't forcibly remove Ice-type moves from all current Water-types then they'd all love the absolute fuck out of hitting their own brethren super effectively. Even then, forcibly removing coverage from an entire type is overreaching especially since a lot of other types get (and love) Ice coverage. There are better ways to make Ice better.
>>
>>32889337
>Rock immune to Water and all Rock Pokémon that have dex entries talking about how they don't like water get the ability "Hydrophobia" where they lose all of their weaknesses in exchange for a 4x Water weakness
Stop posting this garbage idea.
>>
>>32889357
That's what I meant. Basically at the start of the Eight Gen, they'd introduce a "move filter" for transferring Pokemon up, in whcih the majority of Water Types would be filtered from being transferable if they had Ice Beam or Blizzard.
>>
>>32889377
Honestly, I don't think you should nerf coverage for an entire type just because another is bad. You'd probably end up hurting quite a few individual Pokemon harder than the stronger Water-types. I think it's the wrong way of going about it.
>>
File: IMG_6259.jpg (239KB, 1350x936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6259.jpg
239KB, 1350x936px
>>32889347
Did you read the rest of the grass buffs?

>>32889364
Why is it garbage?
>Ground is sand and gets washed away by floodwater
>Rock is sturdy and stays in place
>>
>>32889389
Why not nerf Ice Beam in BP and greatly buff Freeze Dry in BP with the latter being exclusive to Ice Types and learned by all of them through level up?

And then make all the Elemental Fangs Crunch clones
>>
File: besticetype.png (287KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
besticetype.png
287KB, 640x640px
obligatory
http://www.smogon.com/articles/shafted-by-design
>>
>>32889584
This is a much more acceptable alternative, in all honesty. To be frank I'm baffled as to why Freeze Dry's distribution is so fucking shit to begin with.
>>
>>32889588
That's why I include it in that list of changes.

Everything that uses IB for coverage can keep it, but it's now not as good as a true Ice STAB (Sure a Water type can run Blazzard but who the fuck runs Blizzard anyway without auto Hail?) and we make the coolest new Ice move into a super spite against Water
>>
super effective against Bug
up freeze rates
GET RID OF STEALTH ROCK
give it some bullshit resistance like Fairy or Dragong
make Hail better
GET RID OF STEALTH ROCK
>>
>>32889635
I think giving it immunity to Dragon would've been nice but since Fairy got that already they could make Ice resist Fairy and Dragon. Also Ice doesn't need an offensive buff, they need a defensive one, so that Ice type isn't a curse anymore.
>>
>>32888462
t. fairy trainer
>>
>>32888613
Ice type Pokémon still suck, but you forgot Mamoswine
>>
>>32889553
Rock gets eroded by crashing waves or sinks to the bottom and drowns

Come on, how do you not know this? Some of the type matchups have some sort of reasoning behind them.
>>
>>32888455
Make fairy weak to dragon, dragon take basic damage from fairy, & maybe make poison super effective against fighting.
>>
>>32890136
What's the point? Might as well remove fairy entirely
>>
Just give Ice types good moves and abilities to actually make use.
>>
>>32890205
and some fucking speed
>>
>>32888508
Neither is ice?
>>
>>32888933
>He missed Gen I
>>
>>32890246
That post referenced Gen 1
>>
>>32890261
Which makes it all the odder that he missed it.
Ice was strong in Gen I (and only really in Gen I)
>>
File: avalugg_by_theangryaron-d77q4ty.png (270KB, 1024x578px) Image search: [Google]
avalugg_by_theangryaron-d77q4ty.png
270KB, 1024x578px
Reminder that this is what Gamefreak thinks is a good Ice type.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.