[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2197.jpg (278KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2197.jpg
278KB, 894x894px
So I've never played Gen 4. I've played;
>RBY
>GSC
>Ruby & Omega Ruby
>Nothing
>Black 2
>Y
>Moon

Going on a trip and need something to kill time. Just picked up Platinum.

Thinking about picking the turtle(I like its design, I don't care if it's shit. The main game isn't really hard).

What have I got to look forward to? Also, Gen 4 general/starter & team suggestions.
>>
I really don't care what other people say. Gen 4 is probably my favorite gen. I fucking hated gen 3 to the point where I pretty much quit the franchise altogether. Gen 4 brought me back. I had a ton of fun with DP but especially with Platinum and HGSS.

Turtwig is a fun starter. Just be prepared to experience a lack of Fire-Types. Unless I'm not remembering things right, Fire-Types are rare in Sinnoh to a degree.

As for a team. try out some that you haven't used before. Some of the cross gen evos are pretty fun. eg. Weavile, Gliscor, Magnezone.
>>
Be warned that if you don't pick chimchar, the only other fire type in the story is ponyta.

Try some fun mons like drifblim or the fossils.
>>
>>32887878
I never bother to argue with people opinions. I played Gen 3. Ruby was okay but I'm not sure if it sucked or I outgrew Pokémon at that point in my life. I stopped having interest in the series until I got Black 2 when I was bored.

Love Magnezone, usually my electric type when I find a Magnamite.

Thanks for the advise.
>>
>>32887905
Is there an abundance of Steel types? I can honestly live without fire types if I have too.
>>
>>32887905
platinum has houndoom and magmar tho
>>
>>32887823
good choice on turtwig. But do not underestimate the main game. The champ is the hardest of the entire pokemon series in my opinion, but Weavile can annihilate her pretty easy thogh
>>
>>32887878
>hating the best generation

How's shit taste working out for you?
>>
>>32887878
>>
>>32887948
There's a number of them iirc but they're kinda wonky. I've only played diamond and pearl, so I know bronzong is an interesting option.
>>
>>32888124
She's the Garchomp one isn't she?
>>
>>32888181
>bad music
>god awful colors and sprites
>Pheobe's and Glacia's teams
>>
>>32888304
>bad music
>god awful colors and sprites
>Pheobe's and Glacia's teams
Phoebe and Glacia aren't in gen 4, though.
>>
>>32888320
we got a comedian here folks
>>
>>32887823
First things first. Platinum is objectively one of the hardest games of the franchise. Must of the mons available in the start are either pretty frail in the end or just long period average mid evolution. The best Pokémon from the dex come after the third gym. This game also is the one who requires the most for you to carry HM users with you. Use a Bidoof/Bibarel or choose mons based on what hm each one can hold for themselves.

I think is also relevant to emphasise to not be really grindy (probably only for the first, second and seventh gym and for the league) because the level curve of the game it's actually well done (which also means you may need to rely on strategy rather than levelling up a lot). Also, this is probably one of the few Pokémon games that you may look after support or defensive mons other than just sweppers because in the endgame mostly everything has the potential to carry something that could easily wipe your more offensive oriented Pokémon in your back if not cautious.

Other than that, most of the issues are pretty relatable to other Pokémon games and the difficulty is something most of hardcore fan players really enjoy in this part. This region is known for being the comfiest of all, so enjoy the music and don't press yourself to go faster than you actually want.
>>
>>32887823
I've visited all regions (except Sinnoh) at least once:
- Sapphire / Alpha Sapphire: Hoenn
- SoulSilver: Johto and Kanto
- White 2: Unova
- Y: Kalos
- Moon: A Lola
>>
>>32888181
Hoennbabies sure are sensitive, definsive little faggots. Strike a nerve there, snowflake?
>>
I recently started playing Platinum, I just beat the third gym, and I'm loving it. There are a lot of surprises and every town feels special for one reason or another (like the vague, almost lost history and mythology). Also imo it has the best professor.
I picked Chimchar as my starter and later caught Machop and Meditite, so I'm thinking of making a fighting team with Croagunk and Riolu later on (plus Bidoof for obvious reasons).

>>32887823
>What have I got to look forward to?
Some Pokemon, like Budew and Togepi and Buneary, need affection to evolve, this is done by walking a lot with them in the team, but giving them the soothe bell helps A LOT. You may be able to evolve them very early with it.
When you receive the Explorer Kit, don't forget to try it out, it can be useful and you may find it fun.
After you finish a certain forest early on, you will notice a house you can't access because you need Cut, wich you get after beating the gym you have right afterward. Remember to go back and check it after beating the gym, and try to avoid spoilers.

>>32888261
Yes.
>>
>>32888611
>need affection to evolve
*friendship
God damn it I always get them wrong.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.