[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Snorlax really that good back in the old days?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Snorlax_c.jpg (86KB, 381x517px) Image search: [Google]
Snorlax_c.jpg
86KB, 381x517px
Was Snorlax really that good back in the old days?
>>
>>32884098
Yes, many, many moons ago, snorlax was nigh unbreakable and one of the toughest and staunch Pokémon ever
>>
The only reason Snorlax wasn't Uber in Gen 2 is that we were also massive casuals back then and weren't willing to put a nonlegendary in that tier
>>
>>32884098
>4 energy for a 30 damage attack
wew lad
>>
>>32884098
Have you played gen one lately?
Snorlax is game breaking with pokeflute

Teach that fucker body slam, ice beam, and rest and you win the game.
>>
>>32884250
Why not Surf instead of Ice Beam? It has equally good coverage, same power, doesn't take a TM and is useful out of battle.
>>
>>32884237
The card wasn't great, but there was one second-string variation of Trainer Lock that utilized him. The gen 1 confusion mechanics were broken and Dark Vileplume (the trainer lock benchsitter) happened to evolve from Dark Gloom, who could confuse from the bench. The deck would bring in Snorlax, then fill the bench with Dark Gloom.

It wasn't a great deck because it was so damn flippy, but it worked.
>>
>snore

i probably shat myself first time i saw that
>>
>>32884250
You can break the game faster with Nidoking or the Gyarados you get from the magikarp seller
>>
>>32884269
Snorlax has never been good in the tcg but it was tier 1 in gen 1 and absolute ungodly good in gen 2.

It was usable in gen 3/4 but the increasing profile of fighting type, particularly in gen 4 hurt it. Gen 5 finally sent it to shitmon status.
>>
>>32884129
>>32884132
>>32884303
Why was Snorlax so good?
>>
>>32884530
Shitton of HP with good attack and good Sp.Def made curselax sets a monster to face, it could do a belly drum and murder stall easily or attack right away and threaten everything, there was a thing why Machamp was so popular back them, then we started to get better fighting types, better fighting moves and stronger phys attackers and here we are now.
>>
Just think of the pokemon that could deal with him in the first 3 gens. Fighting types? They were shit back then. Even worse with each gen you go back, because gen 3 had more options, but as you go back they just get worse and worse.
>>
>>32884303
Snorlax is good in the current VGC
>>
>>32884267
>what is Dragonite
>>
>>32885767
Ok, Dragonite is basically the one thing Ice Beam will hit harder than both Surf and Body Slam, coming from Snorlax.
>>
>>32885758
>saying the V word
Nasty
>>
>>32884530
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Uf3RPtndM
>>
File: 1496029415449.jpg (171KB, 800x507px) Image search: [Google]
1496029415449.jpg
171KB, 800x507px
>There are people who don't remember how shit Submission used to be
Actually, it probably still is shit. A select few mons could learn Cross Chop in Gen 2, but for almost everything (and very nearly everything that wasn't fighting-type), Submission was their best fighting move.

Almost all the strong moves in early gens were Special, so mons with good Special were strong in Gen 1, and Snorlax had one of the higher ones. It also had STAB on Body Slam, and paralysis was OP in gen 1. Also, STAB Selfdestruct in a game without Protect and shitty, glitchy Substitutes. And it comes with Rest right out of the box in gens which were really bulky and slow.
Tauros was great in Gen 1 for similar reasons.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.