[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I improve this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: EspirroRegionHQNew.png (15KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
EspirroRegionHQNew.png
15KB, 240x240px
How do I improve this?
>>
>>32883776
Take it to /tg/, ask them for Pokemon map design advice.
>>
>>32883776
maybe make it slightly less connected
as things are there are lots of routes between locations so unless you make a point to visit them you can finish the game with a bunch of skipped routes
also those short little water routes by the top left sort of invalidate the long path through the mountains to get to the blue town. why bother making that journey when it's just a short surf away?
>>
>>32884307
The northern mountain routes, the southwestern sea route, and the southeastern jungle route are postgame.
>>
File: IMG_6098.gif (3MB, 320x214px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6098.gif
3MB, 320x214px
>>32884307
>why explore when you can just go from point a to point b
>>
>>32884307
That all depends on if those routes are opened up or if you still need HM's or something to get to them.
>>
Looks good to me. Imo a lot of the time overdesigning maps causes them to be worse. It removes a lot of their.... "organic" feel.
>>
I think it could do with a little more contrast between the colours to make the cities stand out more. I like the muted palette, but that trio of landmarks in the middle disappears into the mountain's colours a bit.
>>
>>32883776
You took the non linear meme too far. Map looks like a cluster of haphazardous ideas, with no real "path" through the region that allows you to visit all the locales. Even Kanto has a pretty clear path through it, with a definite end point.
Too messy for a kid's rpg, simplify and refine it.
>>
>>32884307
>so unless you make a point to visit them you can finish the game with a bunch of skipped routes
I don't think I'll ever understand why anyone sees this as a problem. Revisiting a game and seeing things you didn't find the first time is always a great feeling.
>>
Do you have a version that details when you go where, and possibly why?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.