[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USM Insider Dump

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9

I wanted to wait until the other person's fake leak fell off the board because I didn't want to seem like a copycat. But it's really hard to sit on information you really want to share. So I'm just going to pretend the person who was "recently fired" from Game Freak doesn't exist and you all should too.

I am not using a trip code because I don't know how to use them. : | But I won't be answering any more questions other than this post anyway. I literally don't know anything else. I was going to take this to a subreddit but they asked really probing questions during the mod-vetting process and I backed out. This is not my own first-hand knowledge and I've been given extremely strict instructions by my source about what not to say. Even though you don't hear about it, people get caught leaking and are fired very easily. I cannot even say where my friend works or what their job is because they are REALLY good at figuring out when people break their NDAs.

Not sure what the character limit is. This might be three posts. There are sixteen bullet points after an initial blurb.
>>
>USM is indeed a "what if" game. You are the same trainer. No definite amount of time has passed. It's just "a few years." All the characters are slightly older.

>There is a complete Pokémon league with eight gyms. There are still Island trials and they are still kahunas. You have to complete island trials to even enter a gym. HOWEVER, you don't actually have to fight the gym leaders when they become available. You can progress doing only the trials, then go back and do the gyms any time before the E4.

>There are more Alola forms. Most are Johto, but there are more Kanto forms as well. I know there will be Dodrio (Fighting/Flying), Ledyba+ Ledian (Bug/Fighting), Teddiursa+Ursaring (Normal/Dark), Donphan (Water/Ground). Those are the only ones I know.

>Alola is now a world-class trainer destination and lots of famous trainers make cameos in the game in vacation clothes.

There are lots of mechanical changes. These are the things I know most about. These changes were made based on fan feedback collected since Generation IV. Others are just internally determined QoL changes.
>>
1. Incense is no longer a held-item for breeding. There is an incense burner at the nursery you can light with the incense of your choosing. Incense-related breeding works related to whatever incense is lit.

2. You can now change Pokémon's Poké Balls from the PC. Some Poké Balls cannot be changed, like Master and Cherish. The old ball is recycled to your inventory and you need to already have the ball you want.

3. Hidden Power is totally different now. It's not related to IVs at all. Berries now have type-associations and can be brought to a drink counter to make a drink that changes a Pokémon's HP. HP Fairy now exists.

4. You can now rename a traded Pokémon when it's achieved max happiness.

5. You can now trade "cyclically." A cyclical trade is designed explicitly to evolve Pokémon. It allows you to evolve Pokémon without having to initiate a trade and then trade back separately.

6. There is a dramatic increase in enemy trainer and NPC models. Trainer classes now have variations in outfits and physical traits. This was done specifically to avoid having two identical NPCs on screen at any one time. This was brought up based on dev feedback who complained that, while breeding, there were two identical Breeders outside. Then, upon entering the nursery, two more identical Breeders are on screen. GF took this feedback very seriously.

7. Double Battles are now prevalent throughout the game. More than ever before. One of the Elite 4 (which is cryptically never referred to as such, only the PKMN League), is actually a double battle.

8. Also, the entire Pokémon League is different except for Hala. They are all new characters.
>>
9. Championship title defense now includes trainers from all over the globe, including famous trainers from the Battle Tree.

10. There is no "Battle Frontier." There are other options at the Battle Tree though.

11. Poké Pelago now has an island where you can walk around with a Pokémon and pose for selfies.

12. Rotom-Dex is a usable Rotom form. It remains Electric/Ghost but loses Levitate for Download.

13. The PC now has an auto-sort function by number, name, type, and level. You can do it across all boxes or just one box at a time.

14. There are move tutors, but they're different from Gen VI. Pokémon with "old" Gen VI tutor moves will be banned from ranked/Battle Spot stuff and the movesets will become illegal. Not all moves, but some that were overly distributed will be pruned down drastically.

15. Some Pokémon have had models and animations changed to appear less "manic" or less "static". Permanent flyers like Swellow will flap more often. Salamence is grounded but will launch in the air to attack. Lucidolo has slightly longer animation with another step worked into its dance loop. Archeops doesn't flap quite as desperately. I haven't seen any of them personally.

16. Apparently you can turn off battle scenery and just have the terrain pads under the Pokémon. I don't know how this works. I don't know if you're just floating in a black void or what. My source is not clear either. I don't know what the point of this is.

That's literally all I know. I am not able to clarify any further because this is it. I'm excited to be an insider for the first time, but it is unlikely I will be again.
>>
>>32879853
>>32879856
>>32879869
I want to believe in these posts so bad. Please don't be a liar, OP
>>
>The masked Royal and Looker reenact the TDKR plane scene in the postgame quest

>Lusamine tentacle rapes Lillie at the climax of the game

>Alolan Sandslash's new pokedex entry states that it was born with a special power

>Colbert has a cameo and if you show him a Vanilluxe he crashes your game

>John Gamefreak is the final boss
>>
>>32879925
Thanks for making sure, if I ever have another chance to do this, that I learn how to use trips.
>>
>>32879925
this is more believable than OP
>>
>>32879869
>One of the Elite 4 (which is cryptically never referred to as such, only the PKMN League), is actually a double battle.

What if you entered the League with only one Pokemon? Or would they just not allow that?

Either way, this is all fake. Game Freak only has 3 good ideas in a generation, at max.
>>
>>32879853
>>32879856
>>32879869
>>32879883
>all these changes for a sequel
>all that stuff that'd make the 3DS shit itself
It would have been more believable if you'd said these were Gen 8 on the Switch leaks, dude.
>>
>>32879869
>3. Hidden Power is totally different now. It's not related to IVs at all. Berries now have type-associations and can be brought to a drink counter to make a drink that changes a Pokémon's HP. HP Fairy now exists.

>Implying a mechanical change like that happens between gens.

Come on, at least try.
>>
>>32880041
Like in other games, you'd fight 2-on-1 for the whole fight, presumably.
>>
>>32879869
>Double Battles are now prevalent throughout the game.
I can't wait to play 5fps, the game
>>
>>32880059

Have you ever heard of Pokemon Emerald.

Have you ever heard of Pokemon Platinum.

Emerald literally changed breeding mechanics entirely.
>>
>>32879856
>>32879869
>>32879883
Look at all those good things which will never happen, you know you might as well drop a date for some upcoming news of the game but that would be too much right ?
>>
>>32880076

No it didn't. It made one item do something useful.
>>
>>32879853
>>32879856
>>32879869
>>32879883
these are remarkably believable. if it's not true op did a really great job of thinking about how gamefreak operates.
>>
>>32880054
This
>>
File: 1477842920732.jpg (32KB, 438x438px) Image search: [Google]
1477842920732.jpg
32KB, 438x438px
A lot of these changes are ones that wouldn't happen in the middle of a generation, like >>32880059 said. I don't believe this.
>>
File: 1457596908053.gif (45KB, 560x582px) Image search: [Google]
1457596908053.gif
45KB, 560x582px
>>32879853
I really want these to be real. I especially like the Alolan forms for Johto mons, and the way that you can fight gym leaders whenever. Just hope that they aren't pushovers.
>>
>>32880088
I read it more than you could CHANGE Hidden Power. Pokémon still need to have an innate Hidden Power from the outset so the IVs probably still matter. You can just change it to whatever you want, including Fairy, with the tropical drinks.

I want this to be real.
>>
B-but what about Hugh?

What about Flygon?
>>
>>32879856
>Ledyba/Ledian
Is there still going to be regular forms of these guys as well? Ledyba was one of the first Pokemon you could encounter in SM.
>>32879869
>There is a dramatic increase in enemy trainer and NPC models. GF took this feedback very seriously.
lel
it worked out in the past since the Pokemon world is pretty silly, hell, some NPCs make jokes about not fitting in with others of their trainer class, or changing trainer classes.
>>
>>32879869
>GF
>taking feedback
fake.
>>
>>32880277
They seem to have taken a lot of feedback for S/M. Maybe they saw that people were happy for once and are chasing that dragon.

It seems weird they would double down on so much stuff for a midgen update though. Unless they're serious about Ultra meaning something really substantial.
>>
They said that game was really worthy to be called "Ultra", maybe they're not exaggerating for the marketing after all...
>>
>>32880064
Except in the other games that only happens if your team is reduced to one Pokemon. If you only have one Pokemon then double battle trainers (that is, trainers like Twins or Couples who are always treated as a team) don't battle you at all. Only situational double battles (such as two individual trainers standing on each side of a room facing the middle) go into effect even if you only have one party member.
>>
>>32880277
not saying this leak is real, it's false and homosexual, but GF taking feedback is the reason ORAS exist
>>
>>32880507

probably the fight just ensues 2v1. Maybe this one fight is forced no matter how many pokes you have. Or maybe double battle mechanics are changed to allow 2v1 is theres some kind of new focus on double battles.
>>
> 2. You can now change Pokémon's Poké Balls from the PC. Some Poké Balls cannot be changed, like Master and Cherish. The old ball is recycled to your inventory and you need to already have the ball you want.

if this is true, thank all the fucks.
>>
I'll bite. Can you specify what kind of changes the Battle Tree will have to it?
>>
>>32879883
Tell me this: Is Guzma canon love interest if you choose female?
>>
>>32880054
It's confirmed that US/M won't be a Sequel though, and I'm not talking about this shitty bait thread.
>>
>>32879883
>14. There are move tutors, but they're different from Gen VI. Pokémon with "old" Gen VI tutor moves will be banned from ranked/Battle Spot stuff and the movesets will become illegal. Not all moves, but some that were overly distributed will be pruned down drastically.

This one sounds really stupid.
>>
>>32879869

Changing a pokemon's pokeball at any given moment? This breaks generations of breeding mechanics. It's a cool concept but introduced so late it's enraging - imagine all the time wasted for balltism, shiny breeding, etc.
>>
>>32881454
>all the time wasted

Nobody told you to be autistic
>>
>>32881454
Destiny Knot passing 5 IVs? This breaks generations of breeding mechanics. It's a cool concept but introduced so late it's enraging - imagine all the RNG'ing, suicides, etc.
>>
I actually love every bullet point.
>>
File: hughxflygon.jpg (106KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
hughxflygon.jpg
106KB, 736x736px
>>32880170
Here
>>
This is the most blatantly fake leak I've ever come across this week. Good job.
>>
>>32879856
>Ledyba+ Ledian (Bug/Fighting)

g8 fake m8
>>
>4. You can now rename a traded Pokémon when it's achieved max happiness.
>5. You can now trade "cyclically." A cyclical trade is designed explicitly to evolve Pokémon. It allows you to evolve Pokémon without having to initiate a trade and then trade back separately.
>12. Rotom-Dex is a usable Rotom form. It remains Electric/Ghost but loses Levitate for Download.
These are the ones that give it away as fake (besides that being the default assumption)
>>
>>32879853
>4. You can now rename a traded Pokémon when it's achieved max happiness

Remarkably well thought-out for /vp/, but this here is where you fucked up. There is absolutely no way they would do this or want to do this.
>>
File: 1440499485141.png (129KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1440499485141.png
129KB, 250x250px
>all these people who think this leak is real
>all these people who think game freak would do even one thing on this list
>>
>>32881636
>comparing a mechanic introduced in gen 4 to a mechanic potentially introduced in gen 7, when there's nearly a decade of breeding between them
>>
File: San at WCS EU S3.jpg (16KB, 633x356px) Image search: [Google]
San at WCS EU S3.jpg
16KB, 633x356px
>>32879853
>he knows what a trip code is but doesn't know how to use one
>I wanted to go to reddit but they wanted me to prove I'm a legit leaker and I couldn't (because I'm not) so I came here instead. W-what's this place called again, fore-chain?
>usum is indeed a "what if" game, except it's not it's just a sequel.
>"Qol and NDA n sheit, see I know my insider lingo. I'm pretty believable huh?

Bonus round:
>"cyclical trades"
>changing pokeballs
>changing traded nicknames
>just one e4 battle is a double battle
>rotomdex being playable
>>
>>32880507
I remember solo-ing Liza and Tate with Sceptile. It should be fine with the E4
>>
>>32881841
Hey man. Just between you and me, the destiny knot trick started in Gen 6.
>>
>>32879856
>>32879869
>>32879883
Cool stuff. I wish they were true
>>
These are generation-worthy changes. Try something realistic OP
>>
>>32879856
>USM is indeed a "what if--
Stopped reading right there.
>>
>HP fighting legendary are possible
>You can now rename and hyper train all those shinys from gts nicknamed FUCKYOU or TRASH
>>
>>32879883
>10. There is no "Battle Frontier." There are other options at the Battle Tree though.

Only believable one desu
>>
>>32880059
>>32880104
>>32882804
>muh patterns
for all we know they could actually change the whole games mechanics
>>
>>32882901
Well it sure ain't a sequel as it was confirmed in the direct. Alternate story so basically a what if.
>>
>>32879869
>first five points

With things like the pc option after catching a pokemon when full, you could say these changes are the logical next step.
>>
>I wanted to wait until the other person's fake leak fell off the board because I wanted to post mine
>>
>>32883306
Welcome to vp
>>
>>32881855
Fuck you
>>
Most of these, aside from drastic mechanics changes, are pretty believable

>Real Rotom-Dex

don't play with my feelings like that, anon
>>
You tried but there will always be 4 Elite Four

You fucked up because it's a religious concept based on the 4 heavenly kings. Plus it's Pokemon tradition anyway. There would never be 5 Elite Four

fuck off larping faggot
>>
>>32883479
Like "there would never be 9+ gym leader"
And then Tell&Pat.
>>
>>32883479
>there will never be a pokemon game without gyms
>there will never be a pokemon game without HMs
>there will never be a pokemon game where the story isnt about the player
>there will never be another 3DS pokemon game
>>
>>32879869
>You can now change Pokémon's Poké Balls from the PC
autismfags btfo
>>
>>32879853
Permanent Perfect Zygarde w Aura Break?
>>
I believe in your dirty lies, anon.
>>
>>32880761
>Receive one of each apricorn ball
>breed hundreds of Pokemon from each ball
>recycle them to bag and replace with pokeballs

So GF is giving us access to unlimited apricorn balls? I doubt this.
>>
File: pepe56.png (240KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
pepe56.png
240KB, 512x512px
>>32879853
>You can now change Pokémon's Poké Balls from the PC
This can be true because GF support injectfags
>>
>>32883479
Reminder that the original elite four was actually 5 members, four trainers and one champion member.
>>
>>32879853
>I am not using a trip code because I don't know how to use them. :
Literally in the site FAQ, but okay I'll spoonfeed.
NAME##PASSWORD
For instance, the one I just used is: Bob##ted
>>
>>32883510
>where the story isnt about the player
???

>>32883632
You joking? They'd be ecstatic! Catch it in something easy, then swap ball to what you want!

Best part is, lots of balls, like say Luxury, have benefits. So everything can get those free as long as you have a spare ball.
>>
>>32883464
Eh, we got split evolving legends and everybody said that sounded nuts. So don't disregard anything.
>>
>>32879856
>Johto Alola forms

You make this too easy to tear apart.
>>
>>32879856
>>32879869
>>32879883
Why are you such a cum guzzling faggot? There are enough fake leaks here and never has a meaningful leak here been correct. But hey, at least it generates (You)'s. Fuck off. Saged.
>>
File: !!!.png (12KB, 87x73px) Image search: [Google]
!!!.png
12KB, 87x73px
>>32885604
No u
>>
>>32879883
>>32879869
>>32879856
this is all fake purely because it's fixing almost every complaint anyone has ever had. there's no anyone could believe this shit.
>>
I would like these to be real.

But I know they're not.
>>
>>32879856
I literally posted this is another thread about what I wanted from USM
>>
>>32886527
This is pretty predictable stuff that basically everyone is saying because its in the fucking trailer
>>
Out of all of these the ability to change hidden power and the pokeballs is the best. I'd be happy with just those features added.
>>
File: tumblr_o7qia8oNO41rl04amo1_400.jpg (11KB, 336x112px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7qia8oNO41rl04amo1_400.jpg
11KB, 336x112px
>>32879925
In parallel universe these were schoolyard rumors.
>>
>>32881701
Actually it's the HP Fairy that does that all alone. Those three could easily be done.

I mean, I doubt they'll ever change the nickname thing based on their statements, and I'd hope they wouldn't personally but it could be done.

Trading could easily default to two different setups depending upon the connection and Rotom Dex being usable is just another new Forme which they've done in all of the games since Gen 3 starting with Deoxys.

But to change how a move works mid-Gen? Not going to happen.

Not unless they update S/M (also not likely to happen because it's not a bug fix and GF doesn't like DLC) or cut them off from connecting to them completely.
>>
>>32885486
I mean I don't think it's true because HP Fairy mid-Gen = bullshit but did you play the games before Gen 6?

Since I guess you didn't, there's this magical feature they have that's called "all things hatched, hatch in Poké Balls" that they could easily go back to, to prevent that.
>>
"I can say anything I want cause this board is annonymous, oh yea but fuck reddit that community wouldn't believe me, I would have to create a new account too."
Here is where I can post without backlash
>>
>>32888980
meant for
>>32883432
>>
>>32888573
There is some precedent. Hypnosis had its accuracy changed between Diamond and Platinum. I think there have been some moves with damage adjustments midgen but I don't remember now. Just always remember hypnosis.

Is creating HP Fairy really any different than just making an entirely new move? Pokemin in SM would still have their normal HP as generated by DVs but all could have them adjusted in USM.

Idk.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.