[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so horribly, unspeakably wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: le balanced meta face.png (86KB, 989x923px) Image search: [Google]
le balanced meta face.png
86KB, 989x923px
What went so horribly, unspeakably wrong?
>>
Gengarite still banned. Smogon is retarded crybabies. Literally any bulky ground type can take it on
>>
>>32868522
A clear and visible divide in power of Pokemon introduced this generation.
>>
>>32868535
>It can take on literally any bulky ground type
Fixed

>>32868522
Refusal to make the right decisions at the right time
>>
>>32868535
>Being able to counter a Pokemon with Shadow Tag

Nice try kiddo.
>>
File: laffing whores.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
laffing whores.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>>32868522
>Senators
>>
The entire suspect testing process, which is too sluggish to produce a workable metagame before the next installment comes out. Besides Greninja which is obvious, we have Zygarde and probably Magearna to kick off OU and we've got what four months before USM breaks everything, and their fucking excuse for the "suspect testing is delayed because muh tourneys, preezu undastando :^)" Fucking put off round 2 until we fix the meta. The people playing WCoP aren't enjoying this shit EVE Online tier meta any more than the average ladder pleb, and they're the ones who want these monsters suspected the most anyway. Same shit happened in 2015 XY and the Mosa/Gross meta.

Or better yet, do away with the slow-ass testing and put in a council vote system like they have in all the other tiers. Based Kokoloko knew what he was doing.
>>
>>32868522
>>32868564
Oligarchy attempting to masquerade as democracy is always hilarious to behold. But it's also ruining the competitive scene nowadays. They should just turn it into open dictatorship and stop holding back from directly tampering with the tiers or even the game to fix it.
>>
>>32868522
O U
U

S E N A T O R S
E
N
A
T
O
R
S
>>
File: 1498071787359.png (304KB, 1303x892px) Image search: [Google]
1498071787359.png
304KB, 1303x892px
>this is the third time he's made this exact thread
>>
>>32868751
VGC is actually a better meta right now than OU. I'd take all the Arcanines and Tapu Kokos over fucking Cancer Gear Fairy and Le Dragon of Balanced Ground Move any time.
>>
>>32868522
Well, it all started when smogon.com was created...
>>
>>32868751
He's not wrong though.

Nobody thinks the OU meta is fun. Even Overwatch has a better meta.
>>
why mega kangashkan still banned? she is nerfed in sun and moon
>>
It all went wrong when GameFreak added hidden values and factors to determine a Pokemon's strengths.
In other words, ever since the beginning.
>>
This is the worst meta I
>>
>>32868803
Parental bond Seismic toss+an evs spreed to make it bulkier is even worse than the double double edge.
>>
>What went so horribly, unspeakably wrong?
GF not providing a showdown first.

>>32868562
>baton pass
>u turn
>volt switch
>dragon tail
>roar
>whirlwind

...do run away and shed shell work?
>>
>>32868871
>GF not providing a showdown first.
Battle Spot
>>
>>32868960
if i need to actually breed my natures moves and ivs than no, not good enough.

>>32868871
also skill swap, worry seed, entrainment...
add block/mean look/ spider web and/or infestation/ wirpool/wrap for 'you coming down with me' on perish song shangians (also soundproof)
>>
>>32868871
>>32869010
the likelihood of most of these being available when gengar strikes is low. remember this is a pokemon that can basically target almost anything it wants
>>
>>32868522
Shit mods. M-Audino not being RU banning baton pass all seem biased
>>
Gamefreak not even trying in the 7th gen.
>>
>>32869060
also remember, it needs to mega evolve so at the very least when your enemy brings a non-mega gangar you will simulatiounsly be abe to switch and remember what you are up against. and he takes a mega slot for that.
also, shadow tag doesn't work on ghost pokemon, same like arena trap doesn't work on flying or levitating pokemons.
also poor bulk.make it suspectible to priority users.
>>
>>32868522
tapus,the fast cockroach and the rocket princess
>>
Their new website is so bad now. You can't sort by stats anymore and it's just shit
>>
>>32869127
Tapus and UBs being cancer is a meme
>>
Playing anything goes is the only way, fuck VGC and Smogon, I shit on both
>>
>>32868871
Gengar can trap pretty much whatever it damn well pleases. Not every Pokemon learns these moves, and not all that do want to use them. Of the Pokemon that do have room for those moves, few can survive a the initial attack if its offensive instead of perish song (which it would be in OU, since its strong enough to just straight kill everything), and even fewer actually outspeed Gengar to switch out ahead of him.

So for the most part, anything Gengar actually wants to come in and trap will actually die to Gengar. Thats why it almost got banned from Ubers.

>>32869010
You can't trap Ghosts. Even if you run completely awful partial trapping moves, you would still die alone to perish song, or just die to it attacking you if its offensive.
>>
File: trainercard-Riotwave.png (19KB, 245x171px) Image search: [Google]
trainercard-Riotwave.png
19KB, 245x171px
>>32869168
my current OU team. m-gangar can only counter 2 pokemons from those 6.
>ledian
u turn. and possibly l. screen before that u turn.
>magcargo
this one m-gangar kills
>m mawile
m gangar cant counter this one.
>parasect
this one m gangar kills.
>shiftry
the turn you switch in the gangar is the turn ill sunny day my speed and dark pulse your ass. thats assuming you switched in gangar as soon as you saw it and didnt wait for it to nasty plot.
>benette
ghost type, ill just switch out.

>can't trap ghosts
good to know. i guess 'coming down with me' doesn't work here.
>>
File: this is bait.png (3KB, 124x124px) Image search: [Google]
this is bait.png
3KB, 124x124px
>>32869319
>>
File: trainer card.png (27KB, 245x158px) Image search: [Google]
trainer card.png
27KB, 245x158px
>>32869365
I said its my ou team, not that im high tier.
btw pic related was my prev ou team. i switched some pokemons because they ware too good and i needed a challenge. tough ill have to admit, the prev team is more suspectible to m gangar.
>>
>>32868535
The entire tier would burn if Gengarite got unbanned. Mega-Gengar would make OU its bitch. It would probably have higher usage than Lando-T has right now.
>>
>>32870060
The tier is burning very nice and toasty anyway. Not like it would make much of a difference to the meta.
>>
>>32870087
Actually he's right, Mega Gengar would make OU even worse than it was at the start of SM
>>
>>32870136
The start of sm was hilarious though. I miss how ridiculous complete ztgarde was and spamming genesect u-turns
>>
they just ban whatever threatens landorus t, like pheromosa. pheromosa was literally only banned because it kills lando-t with ice beam.

retarded bullshit cry babies forced me to buy a 3ds and play on console where its FUN.

fucking retard babies
>>
>>32868535
You're right, torterra is a perfect counter to it.
You know what's broken? regice. It's so much better than blissey as a special wall that's not even funny.
>>
>>32868522
In truth, the sheer number of mons and moves are what went wrong with OU. Gamefreak barely consideres balance when desiging mons and moves (hi mega ray, hi spore) and we as a community have to decide what goes where. With so many legendaries and high bst Pokemon, you're going to end up with many near flawless Pokemon. You can use most mons in OU, so the question really comes down to wether you'd prefer to use Toxapex, Tentacruel, or Quilfish as your water/poison wall.
>>
>>32868522
Baton Pass made illegal, GF fucked over weather, can only do stall now.
>>
>>32871164
Weather wars was actually my favorite meta
>>
File: Same.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Same.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>32871254
>>
File: 580b57fcd9996e24bc43c32c.png (264KB, 1093x1130px) Image search: [Google]
580b57fcd9996e24bc43c32c.png
264KB, 1093x1130px
>>32871271
Nope.
>>
>>32868522
Literally nothing. Doesn't it make sense that the over USED tier would be full of Pokemon that are used too much?
Just add a tier right below it called "mildly used" or "used a decent amount of times"
>>
File: Drought_King.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Drought_King.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>32871284
>>
>>32868522
Stealth Rock.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.