[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: wtf was gamefreak thinking ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 250px-455Carnivine.png (53KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-455Carnivine.png
53KB, 250x250px
>Hey John what are you designing?
>A venus flytrap pokemon.
>Oh cool, what ability are you gonna give it?
>I was thinking of making a new one that makes it immune to bug type moves. Not only would it be thematically appropriate, it would also be useful, making it immune to a type it would be otherwise weak to. Wanna help me come up with a na-
>Absolutely not, you're fired. Instead we'll give it an overused and thematically inappropriate ability that makes it immune to a type it already resists. And because it's not named Bronzor or Bronzong it will never ever get your shitty ability.

Seriously what the fuck was that shit? It's a fucking venus flytrap, who looked at this and thought "levitate"?

Anyway post other times GF made... questionable design choices.
>>
Levitate is a retarded ability for Carnivine but that bug type immunity ability meme doesn't work either.
>>
>>32867336
how so?
>>
>>32867349
Not that guy, but if I were to give Carnivine a reasonable ability, I would give it Arena Trap. Bug type is terrible enough as is without sticking another nail in it's coffin.
>>
>>32867320
If was a post-gen 6 mon it would probably would have gotten a unique ability like that, they weren't really on to that trend back then
>>
>>32867402
Shut the fuck up you fucking fag. Carnivine being immune to bug makes it marginally worse. A flycatcher ability would be thematic, make perfect sense, and not be overpowered.

Can you bug fags ever take a break?
>>
File: tumblr_o7l2inM0fc1rprk54o4_250.png (84KB, 231x217px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7l2inM0fc1rprk54o4_250.png
84KB, 231x217px
>>32867428
>being this autistic
A bug-type immunity would end up being 'this pokemon is immune to u-turn' nine times out of ten. The immunity would be underpowered, if anything- bug is a piss-poor attacking type.
go outside and read a book or something
>>
>>32867320
Deserves a physical draining move that is Se versus bugs.
>>
File: consolefags btfo.gif (2MB, 1000x714px) Image search: [Google]
consolefags btfo.gif
2MB, 1000x714px
>>32867439
It would fit though, you retard. His point was that it would make bug worse. One pokemon with terrible stats wouldn't make the type worse at all. But it would fit, and it would have it's own niche.
Stay here and reread my post.
>>
File: deo.jpg (18KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
deo.jpg
18KB, 184x184px
>>32867455
When he said that carnivine would stick another nail in the coffin, he didn't mean it literally. Like, giving carnivine bug imminity wouldn't move it down an imaginary tier list, they were just saying that it's one potential poor matchup for bug types.
I'm not disagreeing with you- it would be thematic. But it wouldn't help Carnivine competitively at all since the only really viable bug coverage move is u-turn while ground moves are a lot more common. I guess the thread is for questionable design choices, though, so I agree with you in that it would be a lot more fitting for carnivine to have a bug immunity.
Still, there's no reason to get so defensive
>"Shut the fuck up you fucking fag"
it's pokemon mate
>>
File: 95.png (1MB, 1072x736px) Image search: [Google]
95.png
1MB, 1072x736px
>>32867474
Ahh, I see, thank you.
Here, have a rare pepe.
>>
>>32867320
You know the only reason it's levitate is to show off that Ingrain roots you to the ground
>>
>>32867320
Venus FLYtrap
There you go
>>
>>32867508
Ding ding ding ding

Who other mon is affected by this?
>>
>>32867566
Gengar....... Oh wait
>>
>>32867586
Ghost types are not affected by ingrain, they can always scape
>>
>>32867553
>yanmega
>dragonfly
>not a dragon type
>no dragon moves
really activates my almonds
>>
>>32867566
Celesteela and anything holding an Air Balloon
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.