[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does this character make you feel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: FireRed_LeafGreen_Blue.png (658KB, 927x1548px) Image search: [Google]
FireRed_LeafGreen_Blue.png
658KB, 927x1548px
What does this character make you feel?
>>
>>32866870
Girthy
>>
>>32866870
He's badass. I wish I was that cool.

Makes me Green with envy
>>
>>32866870
Lust
>>
>>32866870
Being smelled later
>>
>>32866886
Kek
>>
>>32866870
Gay
>>
>>32866870
Nostalgic for when rivals were good and not smiley-faced autists.
>>
>>32867018
Ahh, the siren cry of the underage. "I-I was totally around when based PATRICIAN rivals like Gary and Silver were happening! REAL rivals!"
>>
>>32866870
That smugness needs to be brutally raped out of him
>>
>>32867028
Perhaps the term "rivals" was a mistake, that would imply there was more than one of them. The insufferable edgy pre-teen was almost as bad as the shitters that followed.
Not a genwunner, but every generation except the first one failed in the rival department.
>>
He's the best rival because he's the only one that acts like a human being and not an alien robot. Hau is the only other one to come anywhere close to close.
>>
>>32867078
The problem is that Hau acts like an actual 11 year old so he's completely fucking intolerable.
>>
File: 52474503_p0_master1200.jpg (331KB, 729x453px) Image search: [Google]
52474503_p0_master1200.jpg
331KB, 729x453px
>>32867078
>Hau is the only other one to come anywhere close to close.
Is this a joke? He has the least personality and is easily the worst rival of them all, the very definition of smiley autist robot.

The list goes

Green > Silver > Barry > Wally > May/Brendan > Cheren/Bianca > Calem/Seren > Hugh > Hau/Gladion

I'm willing to bet some of those latter names came as a surprise simply because you forgot they exist. This is objective fact.
>>
>>32866870
That I really miss having someone I want to beat.

There have been some good rival characters here and there, but none I wanted to beat as bad as Blue or Silver. XY actually made me feel sorry for them. You literally brake Serena/Calem.
>>
>>32867112
>Wally that high
>Hugh that low
I loved tearing up shit with that kid, and he wasn't even edgy about it either.
>>
Everyone is quick to say what an asshole Blue is but, if you actually pay attention to his dialogue, he is definitely Red's friend, he's just a bit over-confident. He mellows with life experience by the time of Gen II and his friendship with Red is obvious in Gen VII.

There's a lot of confusion between Blue and Gary Oak's earlier appearances. Gary is an outright prick to Ash until they reconcile. Blue genuinely seems to want Red to get better so he, in turn, can prove he's better still by defeating him. That's a true rivalry, where both sides want one another to succeed in order that both may grow better. In that regard, Blue is DEFINITELY the best rival, not because he's a jerk but because deep down he's your friend.
>>
File: 32785054.png (321KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
32785054.png
321KB, 1000x1000px
>>32867169
>hurr durr I'm so ANGRY return my sister's SHITMON right NOW
He had zero personality. At least Wally was vaguely interesting with his brain damage and he is way more relevant in gen 4 than Hugh is in 5, his team is actually really good by the team you reach the resort area.
>>
>>32867112
For the most part, he acts like an overtly cheery kid his age would. Not like what aliens would think a human child acts like from only having seen anime transmissions that reached them at the far ends of space.
>>
>>32867065
>who is Barry
He was pretty much Red 2.0, albeit slightly friendlier and not the champion.
>>
File: X9DAonE.jpg (23KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
X9DAonE.jpg
23KB, 300x263px
>>32867112
>Green
The son of prof. Oak, a prodigy and your childhood friend. Has a real motivation for his actions. Great rival.

Silver
>The son of Giovanni, met under suspicious circumstances, a criminal that fights Team Rocket? Has a real motivation for his actions. Great Rival.

All other rivals
>just some fucking guy, whatever, here's a bunch of free items

Everything beyond gen 2 was a mistake.
>>
>>32867112
You forgot N.
>>
File: tumblr_ory3wbGsws1s8xhw7o1_540.png (230KB, 526x394px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ory3wbGsws1s8xhw7o1_540.png
230KB, 526x394px
>>32866870
i think of what a douche he was in gen 1, what a neutered bitch he was in gen 3 and what a faggot he was in gen 7
>>
>>32867224
Are you confusing Wally with Barry?
>>
>>32867367
Yeah guys, y'all forgot N.

He was a great rival all in all, plot-relevant and interesting nuzlocke teams all around. At one point he was even the champ
>>
>>32867412
Woops, yeah, meant Barry.
>>32867367
I don't think he counts.
>>
>>32866870
horny
>>
>>32866870
a longing for the glorious days of childhood now long past
>>
>>32866870
Just reminds me how shitty the FRLG character redesigns were.
>>
>>32867367
N doesn't count, since he doesn't get one of the starter Pokemon.
>>32867112
The list goes

Green > Silver > Barry > Wally > May/Brendan > Cheren/Bianca > Calem/Seren > Hugh > Hau/Gladion

Gladion doesn't count as a rival either.
>>
>>32867875
>N's narrative and game mechanical roles don't count because he doesn't use a specific kind of Pokemon
>>
>>32866870
reminds me of better days
>>
>>32867875
Why does Gladion not count?
>>
>>32867169
>and he wasn't even edgy about it either.
>FEEL MY RAGE
>>
>>32866870
like violently crushing his fagskull with a massive hammer.

trAsh isn't better either. fuck both in fact.
>>
>>32867996
>duh duh you fight him more than once so hes a rival
N is just as much a rival as Giovanni or Cyrus, albeit whiner, more annoying, and less deserving of the ridiculous amount of screentime
>>
Indifference. I never gave a shit about him
>>
>>32866870
Hard.
Wish he was my active bully bf with some switchy phases.
>>
>>32874287
So you decided to misunderstand my point on purpose, huh? I guess there's numerous rival characters in Kanto-Johto too since a lot of random NPCs use Kanto starters.

No, N is a rival character both because of game progression/mechanics (you face him several times, a couple times those scripted instances are unexpected) and because of his role in the story (he is a foil of the protagonist, on his own journey but he comes to the wrong conclusions before you set him straight. You also fight him for the final time as the climax of the game, the Pokemon League Champion, just like Blue). You're right that he does mix some elements of 'evil team leader' in as well.
>>
>>32867065
>who is silver
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.