[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Pokemon you like but never used

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 11

File: primeape.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
primeape.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
Never had any room for him, starting a new playthrough of Yellow and keeping Mankey and Nidoking in my party this time.
>>
File: venomoth.png (47KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
venomoth.png
47KB, 250x250px
>>32862264
There's a staggering amount of Pokemon I like but have never used. So many that I've started using randomizers to scramble wild Pokemon just so I have to try something new.

First time using Venomoth for example. He's doing really well on my team.
>>
File: 1836536-vivi_marill.png (92KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1836536-vivi_marill.png
92KB, 320x240px
Loved it ever since the pikablu rumors, but always had a water pokemon before I could catch one.

Hatched one with belly drum and aqua jet but I don't think I'll use it until I can buy sun/USUM
>>
File: 250px-202Wobbuffet.png (41KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-202Wobbuffet.png
41KB, 250x250px
I wanted to use him a lot in Ruby after seeing Jessie's in the Original Series but it's moveset was too confusing for 9 year old me who couldn't differentiate between physical and special attacks. If I ever do replay RSE I might give it a try, or maybe even in the GS VC ports.
>>
Drapion is one I've been meaning to use for a decade and never got round to.
>>
>>32862430
I couldn't be bothered to learn how to use it as a kid, I'm not even sure I went to the trouble of evolving the Wynaut you get.
>>
File: og-mon.gif (25KB, 275x300px) Image search: [Google]
og-mon.gif
25KB, 275x300px
I've never used the OG 'mon

>>32862430
I've used it in Ruby and Crystal and it destroys gym leaders, also my favorite pokemon
>>
File: 250px-Burgundy_Darmanitan.png (67KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Burgundy_Darmanitan.png
67KB, 250x141px
>>32862264
I actually came up with a challenge run to force myself to use more Pokemon to help fix this. What you do is you catch every new mon that you come across until you have 6 Pokemon. Everything after that you let sit in your box. Then, every time you beat a gym leader, villain team leader/admin, trial or grand trial, you must swap out your whole team. And you can not back track any farther than the last city or island you swapped teams at, and once you swap teams you're stuck with it until the next swap. Lends itself to being both challenging and varied. As for Pokemon I don't get to use nearly enough, pic related
>>
File: 250px-108Lickitung.png (68KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-108Lickitung.png
68KB, 250x250px
gen 1
>US only found through a fucking trade by having to train a Slowpoke to evolve
>Slowpoke is literally around the 6th-7th gym
>yellow finally added to the last cave in the fucking game

gen 2
>literally the last actual route before the last gym
>gets changed to only available during the day in crystal

gen 3
>literally not even in rse at all
>but now you can trade GOLDUCK which is even harder than Slowbro
>Slowpoke is at least now able to be found with Surf in more places

gen 4
>what if we make it evolve BUT only let you find it post-game through fucking random swarms
>Platinum FINALLY lets you actually get a chance to use it

gen 5
>lickitung is somehow still a fucking wild pokemon in bw and bw2
>also fucking post game in BOTH bw and bw2 yet in 2 different areas

gen 6
>just tossed into the lame excuse for victory road in xy at the end of the game because why not, what else is new
>just like rse, not in oras

literally what the fuck, there's like one single game where you can pull this thing out during the game
>>
>>32862264
a lot of these mono type pokemon are super cool, but during core games, they tend to be shit cause they only learn one attack type,
>>
File: coolfella.png (57KB, 623x584px) Image search: [Google]
coolfella.png
57KB, 623x584px
>>32862598
I got one as a starter in a randomized Soul Silver run, it was great. Lickilicky is bulky, just strong enough, and learns practically every move in the game. 9/10 would recommend, even if you pick one up just before Blackthorn.
>>
>>32862264
Tangela.
>>
File: download (9).jpg (5KB, 107x144px) Image search: [Google]
download (9).jpg
5KB, 107x144px
I love all the gimmickmons, but this one was just too useless for me to use
>>
File: Hooligans_Accelgor_FAT[1].png (129KB, 374x581px) Image search: [Google]
Hooligans_Accelgor_FAT[1].png
129KB, 374x581px
>>32862798
I used one in ORAS without EXP Share and it was actually manageable, though maybe that's just a testament to ORAS' difficulty. Because TMs are reusable there, I essentially was able to switch it between types at will. It also got Hurricane in that game which made Rain Castform more useful.

I love Accelgor, but it's just okay and really hard to get, what with being a trade evolution and you have to trade with Karrablast. Plus, Escavalier just sees more use. I'm planning on running one on Showdown with Water Shuriken now that it's special, but with how weird all of the tiers are as of late, I've never gotten around to it.
>>
>>32862598
I'm looking at the game locations on Bulbapedia right now, and wow even in Gale of Darkness you can't get this thing until near the end of the game. Could've sworn it was earlier than that.
Why does Game Freak hate this guy so much?
>>
>>32862640
I've got a shiny Tangrowth you can have if you can make it worth my while.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.