[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be possible to fix the Pokemon canon(s)? Would it be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 21

File: hooh.gif (2MB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
hooh.gif
2MB, 499x374px
Would it be possible to fix the Pokemon canon(s)?
Would it be worth it?

Obviously it's just a children's franchise about catching bugs and making them fight, but it's grown a lot and has a lot of fans.
>>
I heard about fixing the pokemon canon
But i'm afraid it's too late at this point
>>
File: gs-ball-570x380.png (333KB, 570x380px) Image search: [Google]
gs-ball-570x380.png
333KB, 570x380px
>>
>>32862088
Nah you could have some fun with it.

Have the GS ball reappear with Celebi, involve Arceus in the plot, and create a cool in-universe explanation for why the canon has been so inconsistent and disrupted whilst establishing a new more consistent canon.
>>
File: You Fool.png (17KB, 480x80px) Image search: [Google]
You Fool.png
17KB, 480x80px
>>32862068
>>
>>32862097

But Palkia is creator of parallel universes.
Not Arceus.

Arceus only created 1 universe in total.

Palkia created a lot of them.
>>
>>32862121
That works too.
Or encorporate all the major poke-deities.

Because you'd probably want to retcon their roles and powerlevels.
>>
>>32862186

No. retcon are overwhelmingly unnecessary.

Stop playing Pokémon.
>>
>>32862186
If you want to retcon Pokémon then I strongly think you should stop playing Pokémon.
You're idea is terrible.
>>
>>32862097

After Arceus created Earth.
It went to sleep.
>>
File: 1471542649275.png (50KB, 231x277px) Image search: [Google]
1471542649275.png
50KB, 231x277px
>>32862068
You would have to be more specific than that. This thread has yet to make any sense to me. What would you "fix" about the Pokemon world?
>>
>>32862233
Hatching Kangaskhan would be a good place to start
>>
>>32862233
There are a few pokemon that don't really mechanically make sense.
Stuff like Nidoking and Nidoqueen existing before pokemon become gendered.
Kangaskhan.
Progressively more and more deitylevel pokemon with random universe breaking domains, space, time, existence, wishing, dreams, etc. (How do these all fit together? also there aliens?)
Humans previously being pokemon but now "aren't"?
Humans marrying pokemon.
Incorrect/awkward typings: Psyduck, Lugia, etc
>>
>>32862068
Frankly I'd like the whole eevee evolution line to get redone. With the release of sun and moon we finally have ice stones which means you could have stone evolutions for every eeveelution minus sylveon (though espeon could get a sun stone and sylveon a shiny stone). That and a whole bunch of other pokemon evolutions could use a retcon
>>
File: 1496467351935.png (63KB, 320x218px) Image search: [Google]
1496467351935.png
63KB, 320x218px
>>32862273
>Progressively more and more deitylevel pokemon with random universe breaking domains, space, time, existence, wishing, dreams, etc. (How do these all fit together? also there aliens?)
They aren't actual deities, they're just powerful monsters who humans attached meaning to, duh.
>Incorrect/awkward typings: Psyduck, Lugia, etc
lel
>Humans previously being pokemon but now "aren't"?
>Humans marrying pokemon.
What exactly is there to fix here?
And the gender stuff is just slight quirks with the continuous march of progressing game mechanics, it hardly warrants any lore retcons.
>>
>>32862273
>Nidoking and Nidoqueen existing before Pokemon becoming gendered

pokemon did have genders in gen 1, but we could actually see them in gen 2
>>
>>32862317
Theyre classified as separate pokemon now though.
>>
>>32862121

and we are able to catch this thing... jesus christ humans ruining everything
>>
>>32862121
>It is said
This is mythology. All we know of Palkia is that it can create galaxies and destroy the world if forced to. Everything else has no basis.
>>
>>32862338
>and we are able to catch this thing

That too.
Why the fuck can we catch cosmic beings in pokeballs?
>>
File: 1489205999245.png (5KB, 207x218px) Image search: [Google]
1489205999245.png
5KB, 207x218px
>>32862359
Because they're Pokemon.
>>
>>32862359
Because it's a video game first and foremost. Plus DPPt jumped the fucking gun with literal pokemon gods instead of being more sensible and doing something like BW.
>>
File: RotomPokédex_(1).png (121KB, 391x224px) Image search: [Google]
RotomPokédex_(1).png
121KB, 391x224px
>>32862354

Nah. Everything in the Pokédex is fact.
Read this image.
>>
File: Just a Pokémon.png (198KB, 480x363px) Image search: [Google]
Just a Pokémon.png
198KB, 480x363px
>>32862338
>>32862359

For Pokédex related purposes and No known Pokémon is truly omnipotent.
>>
>>32862406
No you fucking dumbass, read the post again.
>IT IS SAID
The pokedex is not stating that Palkia creates parallel dimensions or anything. It is referring to a myth.
>IT IS SAID
In addition that retarded ass book you are citing is a fucking myth. None of those have any basis or demonstrations. They're myths.
>>
So when did it go past the point of no return? Gen 6?
>>
>>32862436
>>32862406
Fuck off, Richard. Nobody wants you here. Either kill yourself or fuck off to whatever shithole you came from you piece of shit.
>>
>>32862436
Based Ghetsis saying it like it is. Can't believe people needed it spelled out to them in the games themselves.
>>
File: Evidence 1-1.jpg (111KB, 503x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Evidence 1-1.jpg
111KB, 503x1044px
>>32862440
You're a dumbass.
Because People like you don't understand how Pokémon myths, theories and etc always turn out to be true.
>>
>>32862068
>>32862097
It doesnt need fixing at all. We need a fanbase that doesnt headcanon problems into it.
>>
>>32862456

Yeah, any kind of Pokémon can be capture.
>>
>>32862474

I agree and I see headcanon as another word for fanon.

Pokémon fanbase is what's broken.
>>
>>32862273
>Stuff like Nidoking and Nidoqueen existing before pokemon become gendered.
Gake mechanic, canon wise nidoran is a pokemon with gender differences and branched evolutions. Pokemon disnt magically get gendered in gen 2, we just didnt see it in gen 1. You mentioning this means you have no idea what canon is.
>Kangaskhan.
What about it?
>Progressively more and more deitylevel pokemon with random universe breaking domains, space, time, existence, wishing, dreams, etc. (How do these all fit together? also there aliens?)
There are aliens and many pokemon with high powers, what's inconsistent?
>Humans previously being pokemon but now "aren't"?
That's just a line and works the same way as irl evolution.
>Humans marrying pokemon.
Same
>Incorrect/awkward typings: Psyduck, Lugia, etc
You just dont like those.

Learn what "canon" and "inconsistency" mean before saying anything about them.
>>
>>32862325
No, they just didnt fix the dex number.

>>32862354
>this shit again
Legends are true till proven otherwise. Play the freaking games.

>>32862442
Well, people were already retarded in the 90s so gen 1 I guess.
>>
File: OkiPyaB.png (321KB, 479x756px) Image search: [Google]
OkiPyaB.png
321KB, 479x756px
>>32862354
>>
>>32862463
And the times they turn out to be untrue? It would be kinda difficult to fit together the two stories of Kyurem; that of it being the empty husk left behind from the Original Dragon, and that of it being a monster who arrived by meteor to terrorize the people of Lacunosa.
>>
>>32862878

None of them are false.
>>
File: 1462850034661.png (33KB, 177x205px) Image search: [Google]
1462850034661.png
33KB, 177x205px
>>32862905
Prove it.

Your statement is "none of them are false(/all of them are true)". Unless you revise your statement, you need to prove every single myth mentioned in the games to be true within game canon.

Truth is, you can't make sweeping statements like that and expect to be right when you're not the fucking author of this shit.
>>
>>32862878
>And the times they turn out to be untrue?
Legends are true unless stated otherwise. And I cant even think of an example of it happeninf as your kyuren example doesn't apply.

>>32862947
Not him but the burden of proof of there being a contradiction is on you. There's no contradiction on those legends. The od might as well arrive by meteor and get separated after.
>>
File: 1482709400378.jpg (2KB, 95x124px) Image search: [Google]
1482709400378.jpg
2KB, 95x124px
>>32863069
>Legends are true unless stated otherwise.
How do you figure? You must know the truth behind every legend until you can make a sweeping statement like that. The myths surrounding the Hoenn titans end up playing out in the present day in the games, so we could *assume* that the myths are true, but we can't be 100% certain of their accuracy. On the other hand, there's *no way* to know for sure that the creation myths involving the Sinnoh dragons are true. The tales of their power are merely an explanation for why Cyrus takes an interest in them, but all we see for ourselves in the games is that they are powerful Pokemon with space-time-bending abilities. Even the holy Pokedex itself acknowledges that these are only myths and folktales with its wording: >>32862440 >>32862121
As such, there's no definitive proof one way or another. You cannot simply assume them to be true, same as you cannot say for a certainty they are completely untrue either. Why is this so difficult to grasp? You're seemingly even on the cusp of realizing this given your statement of
>The od might as well arrive by meteor and get separated after.
>might as well
meaning you're not actually sure.
>>
>>32863187
All Myths about legendary Pokémon are true.

This is undeniable fact.
>>
>>32863280
That they are, anon.

I'm Satoshi Tajiri btw.
>>
>>32862068
Yes, if it were done well.
Fix all the contradictions.
Alter the bad Pokémon designs.
There are many changes that can be made.
>>32862088
It's never too late.
>>32862205
So what do you do with contradictions then?
>>
Considering the only parts of the canon that need fixing are recent developments, no
>>
>>32863306

There are No contradictions.
>>
>>32863306
Pokedex entries:
Slugma in Emerald:
It is a species of POKéMON that lives in volcanic areas. If its body cools, its skin hardens and immobilizes it. To avoid that, it sleeps near magma.
Slugma in Gold: It never sleeps. It has to keep moving because if it stopped, its magma body would cool and harden.
>>
>>32863347
Does Slugma sleep?
>>
File: 1466453560571.jpg (94KB, 496x645px) Image search: [Google]
1466453560571.jpg
94KB, 496x645px
>>32863287

The Pokédex never lie about anything.
>>
>>32863347

That's not contradiction.
Like you how people originally thought Magikarp pokédex entries were contradicting each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3x3-22Gi3g
>>
File: 1470940909629.png (25KB, 119x242px) Image search: [Google]
1470940909629.png
25KB, 119x242px
>>32863363
And it isn't lying in your specific example either, considering it prefaces its statements with "[Kyogre is] said to"
>>
File: XTLvNI7_d.jpg (78KB, 488x727px) Image search: [Google]
XTLvNI7_d.jpg
78KB, 488x727px
>>32863424
>>
>>32863187
>>Legends are true unless stated otherwise.
>How do you figure? You must know the truth behind every legend until you can
>make a sweeping statement like that. The myths surrounding the Hoenn titans end up playing out in the present day in the games, so we could *assume* that the myths are true, but we can't be 100% certain of their accuracy. On the other hand, there's *no way* to know for sure that the creation myths involving the Sinnoh dragons are true. The tales of their power are merely an explanation for why Cyrus takes an interest in them, but all we see for ourselves in the games is that they are powerful Pokemon with space-time-bending abilities. Even the holy Pokedex itself acknowledges that these are only myths and folktales with its wording: >>32862440 >>32862121
This isnt irl science anon, you do see the powers the myths state the mons have being used multiple times. Therefore, the myths are correct. You're overthinking a video game, it isnt as complex as reality nor its supposed to.

>As such, there's no definitive proof one way or another. You cannot simply assume them to be true, same as you cannot say for a certainty they are completely untrue either. Why is this so difficult to grasp? You're seemingly even on the cusp of realizing this given your statement of
>>The od might as well arrive by meteor and get separated after.
>>might as well
>meaning you're not actually sure.
Again, the burden of proof is on you, you have to say why they can't.
>>
>>32863424
Its said water boils at 100°c

It also does.

Stop being retarded.
>>
>>32863590
>Again, the burden of proof is on you, you have to say why they can't.
What the hell, anon? It's you (or maybe some other anon, your post and sentence structuring seem pretty different from what I perceive to be another poster) who made the bold claim that every myth in the Pokemon world is absolutely true. A dismissal along the lines of "well, it's a fictional world in a video game and we've seen some Pokemon pull off feats comparable to those spoken of in legend, of course they *must* all be true" is not definitive proof of them all being true. It just isn't. No matter how many times you say it. It's just you throwing your arms up in the air and saying "well, I give up thinking about this, it'll just be easier for me to assume things are like so-and-so".

>>32863586
It would be nice if you articulated what you wanted to say instead of just posting images.
>>
>>32863753
>It's you (or maybe some other anon, your post and sentence structuring seem pretty different from what I perceive to be another poster) who made the bold claim that every myth in the Pokemon world is absolutely true.
They are, the bulk of them are introduced as backstory for the game's main plot. On which, you see them being proven. They aren't introduced just to fuck with people, its a fictional world and GF controls what info we get and we get the myths for a reason. We do see some of them being true, therefore there is a basis to say that all of them are true, based on precedent we have.

The claim that they're false, however, has no basis as you haven't been able to provide an example of them being fake. Mind you ONE example against the many that prove otherwise wouldn't mean shit, but it makes your point even more baseless.

I mention its not real life because it isn't. In real life the info we get depends on what we research/can do, it isn't set by anyone else for us to get for a reason at a specific moment. In pokemon games, however, it is.

>"well, I give up thinking about this, it'll just be easier for me to assume things are like so-and-so".
You're the assuming side here though. I have a basis on facts we do see in the games. You have none.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOIPUi5k6MA&index=12&list=PLQWzKIaERirwv9M89dxN3bNLY0PyuChOU

"With the beginnings of a new universe laid out before him, Cyrus of Team Galactic faces extreme opposition. But aid arrives in an unusual form."

>New universe
>>
>>32863801
>They are, the bulk of them are introduced as backstory for the game's main plot. On which, you see them being proven.
Alright, let's say that holds true for Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and their remakes. Besides shaky word-of-mouth passed down about Kyogre and Groudon that paint them as titans with enough power to influence the weather and shape landmasses through that (which they do in the games, although we can't be sure what their purported ancient clash looked like), there's also extensive lore on Rayquaza passed down by the Draconids (although Zinnia is not the most reliable storyteller thanks to her mental state).

But seriously? You're trying to claim that just because they happened to be true some of the time in this magical world, they must also be true for all the rest? Especially given that like you said
>its a fictional world and GF controls what info we get and we get the myths for a reason.
and the fact is that GF intentionally leaves many myths like those surrounding the Sinnoh legends entirely open to interpretation! There is no way to discern whether or not Arceus or Dialga/Palkia/Giratina had any hand in the shaping of the Pokemon world, just as believably we could assume it's just something the people of Sinnoh have come to believe as they regard those Pokemon as deities. They have fantastical powers, yes; but just try to draw a line between that and conclusive evidence that this is truly the one true creation myth of the Pokemon world. The games themselves state that this is something only Sinnoh people say. The Pokemon world is a highly romanticized and magical place, but it is also based on the real world in many ways. Why would it not hold true for the Pokemon world as well that what info they have is based on what they can research/do? You just state these things without any basis, the same as I, because we're not Game Freak.

(1/2)
>>
>>32863980
(2/2)
Why don't you try to actually see where I'm coming from with my argument? I'm not trying to say that any myth without definitive proof backing it is *untrue*. What I'm saying is that it is presumptuous to assume something to be true just because you feel like it, even though Game Freak has intentionally been writing things in a way that leaves things open and uncertain.
>>
>>32863980
>(although Zinnia is not the most reliable storyteller thanks to her mental state)
Anon, are you really telling me not to assume things while you think /vp/ memes are true? Zinnia is badly written, but she didn't have a mental issue. Everything she said is, at the very least, as believable as other characters telling the lore are.

>But seriously? You're trying to claim that just because they happened to be true some of the time in this magical world, they must also be true for all the rest?
Yes, as you said, the world is "magical", so the fact that its not plausible isn't relevant.

The entire plot of the games hinges on the fact those legends are true. Otherwise, Cyrus, Lysandre and the like's plan would be moot. Their plans fail because the player stops them which is why we don't see literally everything, but we have to know why this motherfucker capturing Palkia is a relevant thing. Otherwise the stakes are as big as them capturing a Pidgey. Hence we get the myths, for story telling purposes. It isn't open on interpretation that they can do what they're supposed to do because them being able to is what the entire thing is about. Game Freak words them as myths, or as things that are "said" because the LEGENDARY pokémon are, and this would be obvious to any non retard, LEGENDS in-universe. Hence we call them legends ( or mythical, its the same logic), despite us knowing they are there because we see them in, like, the game covers. To keep this narrative they have to treat legends in-universe as legends hence the wording. If the wording was different you would then be complaining about people treating legends as legends.

>You just state these things without any basis, the same as I, because we're not Game Freak.
At least you admit you have no basis. And I'm one of the few people here that knows we don't work at Game Freak but at least I did play the games. My basis is the times we do see the powers stated in legends to be true being true.
>>
>>32864078
>about people treating legends as legends.
non-legends as legends
>>
>>32864078
She is acting out a pretty crazy plan that a reasonable person wouldn't have attempted, and the elder Draconid woman says that she became Lorekeeper recently. She's pretty clearly trying very hard to fill the shoes of her role, and it wouldn't surprise me if she wasn't the best possible source for Draconid lore, but yes, you're right that she is simply poorly written in general and is about as believable as any other NPC (that is to say, you shouldn't blindly trust everything people tell you). But yeah, it's not really worth it to dwell on just Zinnia considering everything else about Hoenn myths.

The entire plot of the Sinnoh games hinges on Dialga/Palkia having the power to create a new universe, which Cyrus assumes to be true from having read Sinnoh mythology. It does not hinge on the mythology surrounding the Pokemon being true; only on these Pokemon having the power to manipulate space-time. The latter is true, the former is an unknown and left without a definitive answer. I would refer back to the handy statement made by another in-universe NPC that some anon graciously posted here >>32862436. This is another thing stated by an unreliable in-universe observer, but it certainly provides an alternative explanation for the existence of the Sinnoh legendaries.
>>
>>32864179
>The entire plot of the Sinnoh games hinges on Dialga/Palkia having the power to create a new universe, which Cyrus assumes to be true from having read Sinnoh mythology. It does not hinge on the mythology surrounding the Pokemon being true; only on these Pokemon having the power to manipulate space-time.
And the plot is significant because they can. And you see them starting the process to do so. And the possibility of it being false is never brought upon, nor is plot relevant. Nor stated in any source. Everything matches it being true and nothing matches it being false. Yet you say its false.

>The latter is true, the former is an unknown and left without a definitive answer.
When do the games state its an open ended unanswered question? Please provide proof.

>I would refer back to the handy statement made by another in-universe NPC that some anon graciously posted here >>32862436. This is another thing stated by an unreliable in-universe observer, but it certainly provides an alternative explanation for the existence of the Sinnoh legendaries.
That statement says pokémon are pokémon which wasn't in contest at all. It having myths doesn't mean is not a mon, the same way IRL myths involve human beings too. Its completely irrelevant to this argument.
>>
File: 1498289391435.jpg (22KB, 418x460px) Image search: [Google]
1498289391435.jpg
22KB, 418x460px
>>32862068
the anime messed up any attempt at a solid canon. heres a fun fact pokemone originally didn't say their names.
>>
>>32864222
anime is another canon though.
>>
>>32862121
The creation of alternate universes is an inevitable by-product of time shenanigans.
>>
>>32864258
Not really, depends on the time travel mechanics involved.
>>
>>32864237
>another canon

so my star wars star trek fan fiction is canon too? i got my korean friend to animate it.
>>
>>32864263
>fan fiction
no
>>
File: gXyCMdx.png (152KB, 616x725px) Image search: [Google]
gXyCMdx.png
152KB, 616x725px
>>32864222
Poor cat ;_;
>>
>>32864259
>shenanigans
>>
>>32864210
It never occurred to you that Sinnoh's creation myths might be just that (myths) despite Dialga/Palkia having spacetime powers? I guess we're finally getting to the point I've been trying to argue the whole time. Yes indeed, their validity is never brought into question because whether or not they are true is not plot relevant at all! They might as well be complete hogwash (although we cannot be sure one way or the other)! What is important is that these myths exist in the story to explain how Cyrus came across information about the existence of these elusive, powerful Pokemon and why he is interested in obtaining them! And yet, Dialga and Palkia being able to manipulate spacetime *is not* definitive proof that they did everything Sinnoh myth claims them to, no matter how much you'd like the world to be that simple!

Ghetsis' statement implicitly provides an alternate explanation for the nature of these creatures' existences. Just because a powerful monster is venerated as a deity does not mean they actually are an almighty being responsible for upholding the fabric of the world. As things stand in the Pokemon canon that Game Freak has laid out, it is every bit as easy to believe that Dialga/Palkia/Arceus are creators of the universe as it is to believe that they are powerful, magical monsters with power over space-time that the people of Sinnoh came to regard as deities and created a whole mythos around. And that is to say, and I want to stress this, *both are plausible given what we know*. There is no definitive proof to say one way or the other, unlike you seem to think. I wouldn't want to rely on memetic buzzwords to support my argument, but what you're saying is basically "muh patterns".
>>
>>32864403
What does that mean in this context?

>>32864412
>It never occurred to you that Sinnoh's creation myths might be just that (myths) despite Dialga/Palkia having spacetime powers?
No because that woud render the game pointless. And we see them not being myths.
What sustains them being myths?

>Yes indeed, their validity is never brought into question because whether or not they are true is not plot relevant at all!
It is. The plot hinges on it. If they weren't true it would be brought up. You couldn't provide the proof asked.

>And yet, Dialga and Palkia being able to manipulate spacetime *is not* definitive proof that they did everything Sinnoh myth claims them to, no matter how much you'd like the world to be that simple!
The real world isn't simple. The pokemon world is as its a world made up by GF to entertain kids. Its simple.

>Just because a powerful monster is venerated as a deity does not mean they actually are an almighty being responsible for upholding the fabric of the world.
He is not saying that, he's saying they are still pokémon because that's what they fucking are.

> As things stand in the Pokemon canon that Game Freak has laid out, it is every bit as easy to believe that Dialga/Palkia/Arceus are creators of the universe as it is to believe that they are powerful, magical monsters with power over space-time that the people of Sinnoh came to regard as deities and created a whole mythos around.
Except, you know, we do see Arceus's creating powers in HGSS, although that's something that actually happens in the games so probably not relevant to you.

1/2
>>
>>32864412
2/2

>And that is to say, and I want to stress this, *both are plausible given what we know*. There is no definitive proof to say one way or the other, unlike you seem to think.
You mean aside the multiple precedent, the fact the plot hinges around them and the times we do see it happening?

> I wouldn't want to rely on memetic buzzwords to support my argument,
Hey, its at least a place above literally having no proof.

>but what you're saying is basically "muh patterns".
Yeah, which haven't been broken. When asked for an example, you couldn't provide. Provide proof or I won't bother continuing this.
>>
File: Dialga_Creating_a_New_Universe.jpg (72KB, 454x739px) Image search: [Google]
Dialga_Creating_a_New_Universe.jpg
72KB, 454x739px
>>32864412
>>
>>32864457
>>32864464
>What sustains them being myths?
Them being referred to as such, and not always proven true within the games. We do not see Arceus shape the world with a thousand arms or that it existed before everything else, the best the games give it is a scene demonstrating the power to seemingly create new life out of nothing, admittedly very impressive and surely worthy of passing down as a tale from now on in the Pokemon world. We do not see Dialga/Palkia shape the world, either; they do have impressive time and space-rending feats both in cutscenes and gameplay, though, living in a pocket dimension as they do, using moves like Roar of Time and Spacial Rend and threatening the stability of spacetime when shackled with the Red Chain and commanded by Cyrus.
>You couldn't provide the proof asked.
What was there to prove? That the games don't explicitly show Sinnoh myths to be based on real in-universe events?
>The pokemon world is as its a world made up by GF to entertain kids. Its simple.
Oh please. We're not going down this road. Otherwise we might as well stop discussing Pokemon canon in general to begin with. And yet here we are still in this thread.
>the fact the plot hinges around them
I already laid out what the plot hinges on, or rather even more accurately as you said, what the stakes of the plot hinge on: Dialga/Palkia having the power to give Cyrus what he wants, not the rather plot-irrelevant Sinnoh myths being true in every word.
>Hey, its at least a place above literally having no proof.
But you don't have proof either! All you have is patterns.
>>
>>32864582
"Now all will end. And everything will begin. With this Red Chain I will pry open the portal to another dimension. I command that you unleash all your power for me... DialgaD/PalkiaP the mythical Pokémon and the master of timeD/space and dimensionsP! This will bring about the destruction of all things. With everything gone, there will be no fighting and no strife. Can you feel time distorting? Only I can choose to stop itD/Feel the dimensions distorting... Only I can stop itP. This is the mythical Pokémon that created Sinnoh! DialgaD/PalkiaP the ancient deity of timeD/space and dimensionsP! This world cannot be molded into the ultimate world I seek! It's far easier to create an entirely new world than to change this one! A new world in which I am the ruler of all things! I shall become a deity!"
>>
>>32864582
>Them being referred to as such
I already explained why they are and the reason isn't that they're false. Read properly.

> We do not see Arceus shape the world with a thousand arms or that it existed before everything else,
Because the need to create an universe never arised in the plot. The universe was already there.

>We do not see Dialga/Palkia shape the world
Because you prevent Cyrus. We do see him trying to kickstart the process.

>What was there to prove?
That the myths are fake. But the fact that you didn't even need to know what is there to prove doesn't help. The fact that you didn't prove them false seals the deal.

> That the games don't explicitly show Sinnoh myths to be based on real in-universe events?
When the fuck did anyone say that?

>Oh please. We're not going down this road. Otherwise we might as well stop discussing Pokemon canon in general to begin with.
The fact that its fantasy doesn't mean it can't have a canon. If you're so retarded to get this and too retarded to discuss say canon, which you clearly are, is another matter. We can discuss the pokemon canon. With proof.

>I already laid out what the plot hinges on, or rather even more accurately as you said, what the stakes of the plot hinge on: Dialga/Palkia having the power to give Cyrus what he wants, not the rather plot-irrelevant Sinnoh myths being true in every word.
Said power, and the proof Cyurs has to them being true are the myths.

>But you don't have proof either!
Yeah, the one repeatedly posted and constantly ignored.

You are the one who couldn't provide proof.
>>
>>32864643
>I already explained why they are and the reason isn't that they're false. Read properly.
I'm not trying to argue that they're false! Jesus! My argument is that the games do not show or tell definitive proof them being absolutely accurate, and that there is room for doubt and open-endedness, and that this was intentional for Game Freak's world-building purposes!
>Because you prevent Cyrus.
Indeed.
>That the myths are fake.
But that is not what I'm trying to prove. The proof I need is in the way the games are written; to allow for uncertainty where you refuse to see any. Please actually read my posts so we know what we are arguing for and against.
>Said power, and the proof Cyurs has to them being true are the myths.
And yet you cannot accept the possibility that the myths might merely be inspired by these powerful Pokemon rather than be accurate accounts of their past deeds (although it would logically be impossible for any human to know whether or not Arceus was there at the literal beginning of the fucking universe)?
>Yeah, the one repeatedly posted and constantly ignored.
The proof you try to shove in my face is not even for the actual argument. Game Freak writes the stories surrounding legendary Pokemon to be described as 'myths' and 'legends'. In the real world, that would be taken to mean that they can be either accurate or not, and if anything your whole argument revolves around the moot assumption that we should not assume that to be the case in the fictional Pokemon world, despite how much of it parallels the real world. You cannot accept that this world has any more 'depth' to it than you will allow a children's franchise to have, and the only backing you have for this is a pattern of some parts of the various Pokemon world myths being true, which supports my argument as well! Some might be true, and others might not be true! In the specific case of Sinnoh myth, we cannot know because it deals with the literal creation of the Pokemon world.
>>
File: absol.jpg (14KB, 300x185px) Image search: [Google]
absol.jpg
14KB, 300x185px
>>32864643
>>32864756
Also, although again, this is not something my argument hinges on, if you're so desperate for myths of the Pokemon world that have been proven untrue, here's one: Absol was once said to bring disaster whenever it appeared, but in truth it uses its power to sense impending danger and leaves its usual remote territory to try and warn others.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.